Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #121
eastslider

Trader Rating: (0)
eastslider is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just hope to get my refund.
eastslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #122
PIN GIO 2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
PIN GIO 2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PIN GIO 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastslider View Post
I just hope to get my refund.
you wont get refund same happened to me issue with Power Steering Kit leak really bad fluid anywhere on engine bay. they gave me 15% of the order. now i wont deal business with chase bays anymore
Old 12-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #123
eastslider

I hope i get my refund they are a PROFESSIONAL business. otherwise i should have just ordered a wire harness from a street thug framping away only wanting to double up $$$ 15% is there cut for me wanting out, they better not keep the 85%.

PIN GIO 2: what is your story? how come you couldn't get a refund of 85%? It is okay for a business to charge a percent for a custom order return no matter what according to the BBB. I want my 85% of what I paid and whats done has been done. I'm kind of worried now...............................
Old 12-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #124
nissan2787
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
nissan2787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i just ordered a chase bays harness for my 1jz s13. i must say that the guys over there have helped me out alot. responding to every email and every phone call. Justin is a great guy and when product was ordered we went the the harness thoroughly. i think people just think that a harness that nice should take 1 day to make. he told me 4-8 weekks and it took 8 weeks on point. im building a car and we are in no rush. if you need a full custom loomed harness. then these are you guys. i never understand why people bash companies when you want there product but it didnt work for you. people do make mistakes everytime but you just dont here about it. Firestone has wheel off all the time lol. still the best place to get street tires. wiring specialties is down the street from my house but im not paying 800 for a oem loomed harness for my race car. cant do it. i mean compare the 2 harnesses for the price. cant be beat. just keep up to date with your purchase when you oreder i guess and try not to be rude. waiters still spit in peoples food you knwo just saying. lmao even has ordered from them Broadfield.and he takes pride in his work.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:42 AM   #125
eastslider

Yes chase bays is easy to contact and talk to and will answer any questions you have. the harness looks amazing but my car is not a track car and will never see the track because there's no track on Oahu, i want OEM function. And i understand that shit takes time and when you rush the technician things don't always come out how it should be because of stress and frustration. I just feel like poop about the outcome and I don't want to stress chase bays or myself. I hope the next time i check this forum in the future i see all good reviews and customers taking pics of there engine bay so people can see the cleanliness that the harness did to the engine bay aesthetically.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:52 AM   #126
eastslider

oh but for the wheel off thing at firestone you cant blame the company but you could blame there procedure but it comes down to the lube tech forgetting safety....
Old 12-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #127
nissan2787
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastslider View Post
Yes chase bays is easy to contact and talk to and will answer any questions you have. the harness looks amazing but my car is not a track car and will never see the track because there's no track on Oahu, i want OEM function. And i understand that shit takes time and when you rush the technician things don't always come out how it should be because of stress and frustration. I just feel like poop about the outcome and I don't want to stress chase bays or myself. I hope the next time i check this forum in the future i see all good reviews and customers taking pics of there engine bay so people can see the cleanliness that the harness did to the engine bay aesthetically.

you my dear friend is how people should think . instead people just bash companies without thinking about these things. you might not have a race track but my sister was stationed in oahu and ive been there shits nice. they still have that big mall and the dole plantation?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #128
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiDe_WaYz View Post
Wiring specialties sells the fancy loomed harness just like chase bays. And there's are usually pre made and in stock not made to order...
They do? Show me where on their site they have braided sleeving. Pre-made is a dead give away. ChaseBays is a made to order item regardless of what they say. You have to wait 4-8weeks for a pre-made harness? Get real, they are made to order, this keeps capital and overhead costs down.

I've used Wiring Specialties for my first SR swap harness. It worked great after Yuri and I spent time on a mis-pinned fuel pump wire. They offer/have great service, and I'm not going to take anything away from them. However, I was looking for more and Wiring Specialties doesn't have that.

As far as I've seen, Wiring Specialties has the typical convoluted sleeving based on the website information. They do not have braided sleeving, nor do they offer the Milspec plug. I also needed a custom harness for my VET, which I'm sure Yuri could've done, but ChaseBays was my decision based on the other factors stated above.

Regardless, my statement stands true, one cannot contact ChaseBays and expect to have a show quality harness yesterday, because one was to ignorant to order it ahead of time.

If you need something yesterday, contact Yuri at Wiring Specialties and get it. If you want show quality, ChaseBays is the way to go. Just be prepared to wait up to 2-3months.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #129
801nismo104
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
801nismo104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Chasebays just needs to crank up the speed. I ordered a power steering line and after 2 and a half weeks of waiting I called them and they said they are not in stock untill probably next week. I was pissed because I emailed them before I bought it and they told me it was in stock just needed to be assembled which would only take a few days. They refunded my money with no problems though
801nismo104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #130
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
They do? Show me where on their site they have braided sleeving. Pre-made is a dead give away. ChaseBays is a made to order item regardless of what they say. You have to wait 4-8weeks for a pre-made harness? Get real, they are made to order, this keeps capital and overhead costs down.

I've used Wiring Specialties for my first SR swap harness. It worked great after Yuri and I spent time on a mis-pinned fuel pump wire. They offer/have great service, and I'm not going to take anything away from them. However, I was looking for more and Wiring Specialties doesn't have that.

As far as I've seen, Wiring Specialties has the typical convoluted sleeving based on the website information. They do not have braided sleeving, nor do they offer the Milspec plug. I also needed a custom harness for my VET, which I'm sure Yuri could've done, but ChaseBays was my decision based on the other factors stated above.

Regardless, my statement stands true, one cannot contact ChaseBays and expect to have a show quality harness yesterday, because one was to ignorant to order it ahead of time.

If you need something yesterday, contact Yuri at Wiring Specialties and get it. If you want show quality, ChaseBays is the way to go. Just be prepared to wait up to 2-3months.
Got it in a monthly email this month saying they now offer a braided loomed harness. If you want a Milspec made to order professional harness I would personally go with Jordan Innovations for that one.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #131
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Got it in a monthly email this month saying they now offer a braided loomed harness. If you want a Milspec made to order professional harness I would personally go with Jordan Innovations for that one.
I messaged Jordan personally on this site and he never responded to me. So I chose to go another route.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #132
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
I messaged Jordan personally on this site and he never responded to me. So I chose to go another route.
I'd try again, I'm sure he gets bombarded with PM's everyday. Last time I tried to send him a message his inbox was full. He may have just overlooked it.

Just to clarify I was not in anyway bashing ChaseBays, I like all there products they just have 50/50 reviews. I've used Yuri 4 different times and I've really never read about a bad experience from him, they've always worked although they weren't pretty and fancy like the ones chasebays sell.

Again, I am not bashing or saying anything negative about them. Just from all the things I've read they are hit or miss.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #133
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'd try again, I'm sure he gets bombarded with PM's everyday. Last time I tried to send him a message his inbox was full. He may have just overlooked it.

Just to clarify I was not in anyway bashing ChaseBays, I like all there products they just have 50/50 reviews. I've used Yuri 4 different times and I've really never read about a bad experience from him, they've always worked although they weren't pretty and fancy like the ones chasebays sell.

Again, I am not bashing or saying anything negative about them. Just from all the things I've read they are hit or miss.
My harness has long since been ordered and is due to be delivered Monday or Tuesday of this coming week. I knew it was going to be a long lead time and infact, it has been longer than Justin told me it would be. I ordered my harness at the beginning of Sept and it is now the beginning of Dec, and no harness yet. Oh well, I knew the lengthy time it would take.

I'll report back
Old 12-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #134
nissan2787
Leaky Injector

yeah my harness took about 8 weeks to arrive but this i knew. it says it on the website lol
Old 12-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #135
jimefam
Leaky Injector

jimefam is an unknown quantity at this point
Just to add to this I had Chase bays make me a custom engine and chassis harness for my drag RB and have had nothing but problems. The majority were just stupid errors that were pretty glaring like my transbrake switch being wired into the haltech but no signal wire out the the transbrake solenoid. But now that I finally got all these little mistake figured out I go to get the motor ready for the engine dyno this week and begin to test everything all out, guess what? These "professionals" wired the haltech wideband controller through the ecu instead of separately. So the power it draws to heat two O2 sensors up fried my haltech ecu less than two minutes after turning the ignition on to begin testing and calibrating sensors.

If after reading these 4 pages and countless others on other forums you decide to do business with them you deserve what is coming to you. Stay Away there are good companies out there no need to gamble on our cars.
jimefam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #136
Prove It
Zilvia Member

Prove It is an unknown quantity at this point
Chase bays killed my hopes and dreams. Glad this thread is still going on. I talked to a gu with a 1jz e36 and he had a chase bays harness. We talked about how he too had problems and we don't know how they are still in business. Death to chase bays
Prove It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #137
cchondro
Zilvia Junkie

cchondro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan2787 View Post
yeah my harness took about 8 weeks to arrive but this i knew. it says it on the website lol
Did your 1jz harness work
and did you have any extra plugs left over ??
I have a couple plugs left over that don't match up with my harness
cchondro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #138
nissan2787
Leaky Injector

chase bays

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchondro View Post
Did your 1jz harness work
and did you have any extra plugs left over ??
I have a couple plugs left over that don't match up with my harness
some split years have different sensors so they wire both sometimes and the extra plugs are probaly for front and rear downpipe upper and lower oxygen sensor and the others are for hydro fan setup and shit. youll be fine. if you want the have the install guide up. chasebays.com/install-guides
Old 12-27-2012, 01:08 AM   #139
DamianN.
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
DamianN. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Chase Bay - What's up?

This is my first time ordering from Chase Bays.

Beginning of December (Dec. 7th to be exact) I ordered a replacement high pressure power steering hose. Mine is leaking like crazy but luckily I don't drive much. I figured ordering it at the beginning of the month would be ample time for them to ship it and I could install it before my trip. I was planning on a long drive to LA at the end of December with my girlfriend and I did not want to keep pouring money into my power steering and it leaking on to my engine.

[Rant]

1st call: After the first week of order status still saying processing.They told me that they were waiting on the end fittings and it should be shipped mid of the next week. Told the guy "cool no problem."

2nd call: Week 2. Guy asked me for my name to look up the order number. He told me he was having problems with his internet and he needed to call me back. So I gave him my name and cell number.

3rd call: Same day in the afternoon after giving up on the waiting for the guy to me call back. No answer. Message said that they are helping other customers and leave a message. Okay I will wait a few minutes.

4th call: No answer. I will call back in a 30 minutes.

5th call: No answer. So I left a message this time with my name, order info, and my phone number (repeated a couple times) and asked them to please send me some kind of update.

How could this have gone better? Send a simple update saying something like sorry but your order is still delayed. Hang in there and we will keep you updated.

It is now the end of the month and I went ahead a canceled the drive to LA.

I totally understand if the company is busy with all the orders from the wives buy their husbands car parts. It would just be great to hear that they are busy but my order is not forgotten. I do know how to wait when I know what to expect. Hell I waited 3 months for a JIC Bullet exhaust system but they told me this from the start.

Lesson learned: Call before ordering or just order from my good friend Enjuku.

[/Rant]

Happy Holidays
DamianN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #140
801nismo104
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
801nismo104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I too canceled my power steering line order from them and ordered one from enjukuracing instead. Enjuku even overnighted it to me for free. Their awesome. No bullshit
801nismo104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:03 AM   #141
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (43)
florante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to florante rea Send a message via Yahoo to florante rea
Guys next time check rywire... Chasebays is not the only one selling 240 parts.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #142
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
So I've ordered a couple of chase bay items and it seems like I ran into an issue with them.
Ive ordered :
Power steering line with OIL COOLER
Brake line kit
Booster delete
and now Tucked radiator with dual fans
Clutch line

I ordered a tucked radiator from them. I got the item within a timely manner, no probs there. My issue is with the radiator itself. I paid a pretty penny for it and included the dual fans. So I got it and it was perfect shape. What i noticed is 2 things.

1. The 2 flanges on the side needed to be 1/2 inch longer so if I wanted to use OEM mounting points, I could. I had to drill holes into the frame to mount. The holes were close to the edge of the flange and on the edge of the metal frame, where I mounted.

2. The flanges were not pre-drilled or slotted. Now I was able to make due with the help of my dad and his drill setup @ his shop. But if I was someone without this resource I would be screwed and would have to find something. If someone wanted to install and go, it would be delayed. I really feel that if someone was to order a pricy item, such as this. This should have been taken care as part of assembly for the item so that it is a true "BOLT IN" and hassle free item.

Ive had my snags and such with items and shipping and delays. But I was on top of my game and they were too. Hopefully the fellas @ chasebay understands where I am coming from, being a consumer, and add these 2 features for their radiators. Some consumers are not as mechanically inclined or such so I can only imagine their frustration with this.
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #143
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
So, I am not the only one having an issue with Chase Bays for the order.

I dealt with Justin and I ordered Brake lines for my S14. It was trade deal with my Head gasket + $.

Payment was sent November 27th 2012.

I was told following

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables
That kit has to be assembled in the warehouse and will ship out directly from there. Normal turn around time is 3-5 business days however with the influx of orders from the black friday sales it may be a bit longer! I will keep you updated as often as I am on it though for sure.
Of course I can understand they are very busy after Thanksgiving week. But never though it will take much more than a few weeks.

I gave a couple of weeks and asked Justin for the status and he told me there is nothing he can do since it's warehouse that sends out the item not him. Also he told me he will send me the tracking # as soon as he gets from warehouse.

I gave another week, same answer from him. there is "Nothing" he can do and he also offered money back. I would take the money back if I didn't need the brake lines. I was disappointed with their sales tactics or their customer care service.

I sent PM yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style
Justin,

I have not received the tracking # yet.
I am hoping you can get this shipped out right away.

My car is sitting on jack stand without brake lines and I can't drive my car when I need to.

This has been more than 1 month since I spoke to you and your told me you guys are backed up with Thanksgiving order.

How could it takes more than a month when it usually takes 3~4 days to get it out?

Your reply like last time which you said you can issue an refund for it. But that's not what I want.

You already have head gasket I sent also I sent you $ for the difference to get brake lines from you.

Please send my brake lines as soon as possible.

I am starting to believe that you are not top of the orders you take from customers, or is it just me because my order is not as important as other customers?

Hope to hear back from you.
And this is answer I got from Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Bays
Today is our first day back in the office from christmas break. Nothing has changed since the last time we spoke. The warehouse will reopen tuesday of next week and things will start shipping again. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me!
No changes, no updates, no products.

Does it really take over a month to assemble and ship item?
Does sales person really can't do anything for the order they took?

I will maybe happy with their product if I receive it. But I am not very happy at all with their customer service nor their order process.
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #144
DamianN.
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
DamianN. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Bays View Post
Mr. Nelson,
We apologize about the delay. We did attempt to give you a call back this past friday before we closed for the christmas holiday. I know that doesn't fix the delay however I just wanted you to know this. As for the delay in the hose fitting this was something we did not see when your order was made and we apologize for that. It's great that this product is that popular but I know it puts some customers in a bad place by not having it in a timely manner. With all that being said let us know what we can do for you! All of these backordered items should start shipping next week when our warehouse opens again. In fact why don't you PM me your details and I can get something a little extra in the box for you since this delay has caused you some issues!

Thanks,
[email protected]
PM'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by florante rea View Post
Guys next time check rywire... Chasebays is not the only one selling 240 parts.
Really?
DamianN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #145
G5SR20240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
G5SR20240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
It seems like chase bays needs to work on having a constant stock notification online, to me it seems like they dont want to make the end consumer know if fittings are not in stock in fear of losing the sale. But at the same time are getting negative feedback for not being informational with their consumers. It can be busy but using that as an excuse for bad customer service is bad business. Expect business to be exponentially more during the holidays and bring in temps to keep up with demand.
G5SR20240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #146
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I ordered the Power Steering kit from them. I received it about a week after ordering it. Great.

Couple problems:
1. The high pressure line fitting is all fucked up. I couldn't hand thread the line unto the fitting thats on the pump. I had to use a wrench to begin threading it.

2. It leaks like a bitch from the actual reservoir. There is always ATF on the top of the cap. I also see a pin hole. My friend has the kit as well and there is always ATF all over the cap.

Other than that, shipping was fine for me.
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #147
JonathanPrem
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
JonathanPrem is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I placed a order for Fuel line kit beginning of the month and still no fuel line. Ordered through Enjuku and 1 week after i get my stuff and no fuel line email them and said they there are getting the fitting as we type. Been 2 weeks since then and still no line or tracking #.

Should at least inform the customer or update the site with turn around times. One item that is putting my engine build to full stop
JonathanPrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #148
tamil_tuner_S13

tamil_tuner_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
i ordered the power steering kit through enjuku like over a month ago and haven't received it yet. i have been told by enjuku that chase bays is taking a while to get their products ready, no eta on when i will receive it as well.

should inform customers of the eta time instead of making us wonder where our parts are
tamil_tuner_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #149
s13_maJiK
Zilvia Member

s13_maJiK is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamil_tuner_S13 View Post
i ordered the power steering kit through enjuku like over a month ago and haven't received it yet. i have been told by enjuku that chase bays is taking a while to get their products ready, no eta on when i will receive it as well.

should inform customers of the eta time instead of making us wonder where our parts are
Agreed^^
I ordered a hydro ebrake a while ago. Wasn't informed it was on back order until I emailed them after I had not received it in a months time.
s13_maJiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:32 AM   #150
nissan2787
Leaky Injector

So I installed my chase bays harness yesterday. Actually that's how I brought in the New Years lol and installed it on my 1jz s13 using a 2jz ecu. And I got my car running all is well. It starts and idles. Will update later on warm start and driving. Bra the harness looks awsome and definetly serves its purpose. I also had them make a sign on the harness that say custom made for me and it shits right on top of the valve cover in the back. Perfect placement. Ill keep you guys updated!