Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 08-03-2003, 05:46 PM   #31
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I went to the event. I dont want to sound like a pita but I will not be going to other NASA events if they are run in a similar manner.

Besides having no workers, radios, protocol, communication between the starter and the trailer (15 ft away!), unsafe working stations and poorly numbered cars....the event was fine. I guess.

Way to unsafe for me.

And I didn't work for 3 hours fortunately! It was only an hour and a half this time! progress baby progress....

Last edited by thx247; 08-03-2003 at 07:12 PM..
thx247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2003, 06:05 PM   #32
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

NZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NZO
Yes I hear nothing but bad things about nasa events (unorganized, no track time, dangerous, etc.) Guess it really is true...
NZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 06:17 PM   #33
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
FORUM READERS:

I SPECTATEED DUE TO SUB FRAME ISSUES BUT I SAW A LOT OF DUMBASS S**T TAHT WENT DOWN. FOR ONE THEY HARASSED NOKEONE* ABOUT HOW YOU " CAN NOT DRIFT ON THE NASA* AUTOCROSS EVENTS" AND ABOUT HOW SOME OF THE OTEHR 240* DRIVERS WERE KNOCKING OVER CONES.

FOR ONE, AND I SPEAK FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE, DRIFTING IS FUN, YOU LEARN CAR CONTROL FROM IT, AND BY DRIFTING A CORNER, AND BY ALL MEANS I MEAN SLIDING HTE WHOLE DAMN THING, AND GETTING ACCROSS THAT CORNER FASTER GIVES YOU A BETTER LAP TIME THEN f**K WHO TELLS YOU OTHERWISE WHILE DOUBTING YOUR ABILITY TO GET A LOWER LAP TIME. BUT ANYWAY. WE NEED TO SCHEDULE A 240 MEET IN SANTA CRUZ. OK, SO ALL WHO IS IN PLEASE, PLEASE SAY SOMETING. I WILL ALSO POST AN OPEN FORUM FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO SCHEDULE MEETS. IIGHT. LATE

BRANDON*
Old 08-03-2003, 07:16 PM   #34
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally posted by sLiDewAys
FORUM READERS:
FOR ONE THEY HARASSED NOKEONE* ABOUT HOW YOU " CAN NOT DRIFT ON THE NASA* AUTOCROSS EVENTS" AND ABOUT HOW SOME OF THE OTEHR 240* DRIVERS WERE KNOCKING OVER CONES.

BRANDON*
You cannot, and I think should not drift at auto x events. Even if you are "good" and don't knock cones over.

Why?

Because the course is not setup for drifitng, the workers (ESPECIALLY AT NASA) don't know what to expect from you (they think you've lost control) a car that spins can quickly screw up 2-3 other peoples runs (red flagged) and when a car which is drifting goes off course, they generally take 15 cones with them. Which screws everything up.

I'm not knocking drifting, I just don't think Auto x events are the place to practice. They are not setup to handle it.
Old 08-03-2003, 07:53 PM   #35
S14TiNMAN
Zilvia Member

S14TiNMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to S14TiNMAN
damn wish i can make it! car is in the ****in shop. ahhhhhhhh.:hammer:
95'SE
91' BASE--->**NEW PROJECT**
S14TiNMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 08:24 PM   #36
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

You cannot, and I think should not drift at auto x events. Even if you are "good" and don't knock cones over.
Why?
Because the course is not setup for drifitng, the workers (ESPECIALLY AT NASA) don't know what to expect from you (they think you've lost control) a car that spins can quickly screw up 2-3 other peoples runs (red flagged) and when a car which is drifting goes off course, they generally take 15 cones with them. Which screws everything up.
I'm not knocking drifting, I just don't think Auto x events are the place to practice. They are not setup to handle it.

thx247

MAN, I'M NOT GOING TO START FLAMMING YOU OK, BUT YOU REALLY NEED TO STOP READING OTEHR PEOPLES FORUMS AND GETTING SMART WITH EVERYONE WHO POSTS A COMMENT. " HIGHLY NOT APPRECIATED. AND THE FACT THAT YOUR PROFILE SAYS THAT YOU GRIVE A "HONDA", ESPECIALLY AN INTEGRA, YOU DONT NEED TO BE ON THIS FORUM, UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE A "GUEST". NOW, I DONT RUN THIS FORUM, NEVER WILL, NEVER HAVE, BUT YOU NEED TO GIVE MORE RESPECT, AND LEARN HOW TO F**CKING ADDRESS SOMEONE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE."SERRIOUSLY" WELL YEAH, PROPS TO NOKEONE AND RBS14 FOR TEARRIN IT UP AT AUTOCROSS. LOL TOO BADD I COULDNT DRIVE.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:56 PM   #37
neevosh
Leaky Injector

neevosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

MAN, I'M NOT GOING TO START FLAMMING YOU OK, BUT YOU REALLY NEED TO STOP READING OTEHR PEOPLES FORUMS AND GETTING SMART WITH EVERYONE WHO POSTS A COMMENT. " HIGHLY NOT APPRECIATED. AND THE FACT THAT YOUR PROFILE SAYS THAT YOU GRIVE A "HONDA", ESPECIALLY AN INTEGRA, YOU DONT NEED TO BE ON THIS FORUM, UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE A "GUEST". NOW, I DONT RUN THIS FORUM, NEVER WILL, NEVER HAVE, BUT YOU NEED TO GIVE MORE RESPECT, AND LEARN HOW TO F**CKING ADDRESS SOMEONE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE."SERRIOUSLY" WELL YEAH, PROPS TO NOKEONE AND RBS14 FOR TEARRIN IT UP AT AUTOCROSS. LOL TOO BADD I COULDNT DRIVE.
Geez, you need to calm down. I also agree that an autox isn't a place to practice drifting. If you do it right it'll definetaly help on the tighter courses. But if you're spinning out everywhere and knocking down the cones it looks like you can't control your car, especially to the organizers. You will get flagged for it. It sucks that there's nowhere to practice drifting at legally besides drift days, but that's the way it is.
neevosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 12:14 AM   #38
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

sLiDewAys: Find your caps lock and a chill pill my friend.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:30 AM   #39
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally posted by thx247

Why?

Because the course is not setup for drifitng,
that's BS..sure there are courses set up specifically for drifting..but anything can be drifted..there were certain sections of todays course which i did not attempt to drift due to the fact they were too tight or technical..but at least 4-5 of the larger radius turns were PERFECT for it...

so i gotta dissagree with that statement..

Quote:
the workers (ESPECIALLY AT NASA) don't know what to expect from you (they think you've lost control)
i can agree with this point..the majority of those working the course are not skilled corner workers..half of them are not even paying attention when you are driving..but this has nothing to do with drifting..this affects everyone equally..and don't say "well a dirfter is more likely to lose control"..cause that is also BS..

Quote:
a car that spins can quickly screw up 2-3 other peoples runs (red flagged) and when a car which is drifting goes off course, they generally take 15 cones with them. Which screws everything up.
however this statement is dependant on an IF..and a very big IF...IF i take out cones (which i did not today..NOT EVEN ONE)..IF i spin out (which i did not today..NOT EVEN ONCE)..

and neglects to say that ANYONE who goes of course, of which i saw many people who were not drifting do, will take out multiple cones..and potentially get a driver behind them redflagged..

anyone can screw up the event..anyone can take out cones..anyone can spin out..

stop blaming the people who are drifting..

Last edited by nokeone; 08-04-2003 at 12:51 AM..
nokeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 12:32 AM   #40
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

Why?

Dude give me a break! please, i saw plenty of people who wern't tring to drift that took out way more cones than any of us who were drifting. Why you ask? because collectively between nokeone, our friend in the mr2 and i, we took out a total of 2 cones. there is a difference between people who are spinning out everywhere and people who know what they are doing and realize that f*cking up other people's runs is not cool. those idiots are just ****ed off because they are hardcore autoxers (assholes) that don't want anyone out there on their track doing anything but autoxing. Besides, i saw plenty of those guys getting sideways but because they were trying to race its ok. But some "kids" out having fun can't drift because they aren't racing and it's a "race". Besides the guys who didn't like it were the guys hosting the event, a camaro club. We all know how camaro guys are... Did you see how amped the course workers and spectators were that we were getting sideways?

You must have been one of the guys in a 240 who i waved to and didn't even care to agknowledge my existence. How nice of them and possibly you. You can obviously see that we are into drifting, why must you play the devil's advocate?! Please...

Last edited by RBS14; 08-04-2003 at 12:37 AM..
RBS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 12:47 AM   #41
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
FORUM READERS:

I SPECTATEED DUE TO SUB FRAME ISSUES BUT I SAW A LOT OF DUMBASS S**T TAHT WENT DOWN. FOR ONE THEY HARASSED NOKEONE* ABOUT HOW YOU " CAN NOT DRIFT ON THE NASA* AUTOCROSS EVENTS" AND ABOUT HOW SOME OF THE OTEHR 240* DRIVERS WERE KNOCKING OVER CONES.
yeah that was pretty much bullsh!t...i think nic (mr2 turbo) hit one cone all day and spun out once...scott (s14) hit zero cones and spun out once..and myself (s13) hit zero cones and spun out zero times..and yet they singled me out and told me that i needed to stop drifting or basically would be banned from the course..it pretty much ruined my whole day...i think just to spite them i am going to be at the Sept 14th event and drift it...i'm sure i wont hit any cones again..but it's the last event of the season so if they decide to ban me..they can eat a d!ck until next season starts up...

Quote:
FOR ONE, AND I SPEAK FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE, DRIFTING IS FUN, YOU LEARN CAR CONTROL FROM IT, AND BY DRIFTING A CORNER, AND BY ALL MEANS I MEAN SLIDING HTE WHOLE DAMN THING, AND GETTING ACCROSS THAT CORNER FASTER GIVES YOU A BETTER LAP TIME THEN f**K WHO TELLS YOU OTHERWISE WHILE DOUBTING YOUR ABILITY TO GET A LOWER LAP TIME. BUT ANYWAY. WE NEED TO SCHEDULE A 240 MEET IN SANTA CRUZ. OK, SO ALL WHO IS IN PLEASE, PLEASE SAY SOMETING. I WILL ALSO POST AN OPEN FORUM FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO SCHEDULE MEETS. IIGHT. LATE

BRANDON*
yeah i'm down for the meet in Santa Cruz...get that thread started..

Quote:
thanks for the compliments..i'm sorry i wasn't able to give you a ride as well..next time for sure..or maybe next weekend at Buttonwillow..on a real track..where we wont get yelled at..
Old 08-04-2003, 01:02 AM   #42
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by RBS14
Dude give me a break! please, i saw plenty of people who wern't tring to drift that took out way more cones than any of us who were drifting. Why you ask? because collectively between nokeone, our friend in the mr2 and i, we took out a total of 2 cones. there is a difference between people who are spinning out everywhere and people who know what they are doing and realize that f*cking up other people's runs is not cool. those idiots are just ****ed off because they are hardcore autoxers (assholes) that don't want anyone out there on their track doing anything but autoxing. Besides, i saw plenty of those guys getting sideways but because they were trying to race its ok. But some "kids" out having fun can't drift because they aren't racing and it's a "race". Besides the guys who didn't like it were the guys hosting the event, a camaro club. We all know how camaro guys are... Did you see how amped the course workers and spectators were that we were getting sideways?

You must have been one of the guys in a 240 who i waved to and didn't even care to agknowledge my existence. How nice of them and possibly you. You can obviously see that we are into drifting, why must you play the devil's advocate?! Please...
hear hear!!!

A+

but i think this guy drives a HOnda..not a 240..

yeah you hit it on the nose...i swear i felt like i did when i was at UCLA and started the skateboarding team with 2 friends..because we were different, we were the punks..the "kids"..and everyone was against us..what the hell..i never knew drifters were such outcasts..

oh well..fcuk um..and if the Camero Club didn't want to have people other then them racing then they shouldn't have sponsored and Open Track Day...cause just what it was..and OPEN day..open to anyone..and that means us..

i'm still fcuking pi$$ed..

Last edited by nokeone; 08-04-2003 at 01:18 AM..
Old 08-04-2003, 01:08 AM   #43
hondaguy
Zilvia Junkie

hondaguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to hondaguy
hmm

even tho i wasnt driving i think drifting should be allowed,but when they screw up its screws it up for ever1 else, so it goes both ways-but anyways "slideways" im bout to make a santa cruz meet.right now
Old 08-04-2003, 01:14 AM   #44
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by neevosh
Geez, you need to calm down. I also agree that an autox isn't a place to practice drifting. If you do it right it'll definetaly help on the tighter courses. But if you're spinning out everywhere and knocking down the cones it looks like you can't control your car, especially to the organizers. You will get flagged for it. It sucks that there's nowhere to practice drifting at legally besides drift days, but that's the way it is.
read the other posts..non of this was taking place..

i felt like i was guilty until proven innocent..and then when i did prove my innocence (not hitting any cones, or spinning out)..i was still treated like a criminal..

oh well..we'll just have to sponsor our own event out there..

Last edited by nokeone; 08-04-2003 at 01:17 AM..
Old 08-04-2003, 01:23 AM   #45
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
besides, who are those camaro guys to tell us what to and not to do when they made money off of us. they should shut the hell up and be grateful that they made $75 off of us. what arrogant D!cks!!! Its like going into a coffee shop and ordering a cup of coffee and when ur half way through drinking it they try to take it away cause they don't like the way ur drinking it! You bought the damn coffee, u should be able to drink it any damn way you want as long as u aren't pouring it on people or some sh!t. Same thing with drifting at an autox.

I'm definately drifting at the next event! If they don't like it they can give me my money back.

Oh great, we've got a guy in a honda giving us sh!t on a 240 forum!
Old 08-04-2003, 01:39 AM   #46
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by RBS14
I'm definately drifting at the next event! If they don't like it they can give me my money back.
i almost said that today...when Dennis was giving me the lecture for 10 minutes before letting me have my last run i felt like saying.."ok fine..then give me my money back and you wont have to deal with someone ruining your day by drifting"..

the $hitty thing is i like Dennis..he is a pretty cool guy..just sucks he was catching so much heat from the Camero a$sholes..and his lecture at the end about how to drive..if i wanted to grip i would..lol..obviously we are not trying to..he was correct though..i was entering too hot..but i'll take his advice once he gets that 510 to full counter..

Last edited by nokeone; 08-04-2003 at 01:42 AM..
Old 08-04-2003, 02:54 AM   #47
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

HMMMMMMMM : )

OK, IM DONE. NO MORE FLAMMING AND NO MORE DISSCUSSING "DRIFTING" AT AN AUTOX. I REALLY DONT CARE ANYMORE. IM GOING TO DRIFT ANYTHERE I DAMN WELL PLEASE, SHYT I'LL DO IT IN THE MIDDLE OF AN INTERSECTION IF HTE TIME FELT RIGHT LOL. BUT YEAH."NOKEONE" MY BOY HONDAGUY* JSUT OPENED A THREAAD ABOUT A 240 MEET IN SANTACRUZ. AND ALSO ILL CALL U TOMORROW ABOUT BUTTONWILLOW.! LATE
Old 08-04-2003, 03:00 AM   #48
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
HMMMMMMMM : )

OK, IM DONE. NO MORE FLAMMING AND NO MORE DISSCUSSING "DRIFTING" AT AN AUTOX. I REALLY DONT CARE ANYMORE. IM GOING TO DRIFT ANYTHERE I DAMN WELL PLEASE, SHYT I'LL DO IT IN THE MIDDLE OF AN INTERSECTION IF HTE TIME FELT RIGHT LOL. BUT YEAH."NOKEONE" MY BOY HONDAGUY* JSUT OPENED A THREAAD ABOUT A 240 MEET IN SANTACRUZ. AND ALSO ILL CALL U TOMORROW ABOUT BUTTONWILLOW.! LATE
sounds good..i'll check the thread out..and i'll talk to you soon about Buttonwillow..
Old 08-04-2003, 02:44 PM   #49
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

I guess I never updated my profile. I have the integra and a 240.

I'm more than happy to help put together a drift event in the bay area. I've been looking into it for quite some time now.

I'm not hateing on drifters, I think its great that people want to try this form of driving out. Fan-fucking-tastic even.

I just do not think events specifically billed as "auto x" events should be drifted. Sorry. The workers and course are not setup for it. I say this even though the course at NASA yesterday had some HUGE corners, I couldn't believe the size of some of them...

I'm glad to hear that you didn't hit any cones and that you did well, thats excellent. (Seriously- I am impressed) But the events are not all about you. If you goto events often enough you will see the people that "try" to drift the course. Who are they? The younger drivers with little skills who have seen people like you drive the course effortlessly- they somehow think they can just bust a fat drift in that high speed sweeper and live to tell about it.

We all know what happens to them, they screw up. They screw up the course, they risk workers, they slow the event down. They waste time. When you have 300+ cars trying to run in one day seconds become important.

So in theory- if everyone could drift well and not risk workers or time I don't see why NASA should have any issues with people that want to drift. I would not.

Because NASA puts the event on, they make the rules. Just like the state sets the speed limit, NASA sets the style of driving. Can you also take this type of attitude up with the court when you try to tell the judge that you are capable of speeding in your car in a safe manner? You can't. Because you don't own the roads- states roads, states rules. Nasa's event, their rules. When you break the rules we all know what happens, you get a ticket, or you get banned.

Tell me now- do you think NASA is going to embrace drifters when you drift the next event like you say you will? Do you think they will appreciate it when you fly in the face of their rules like that?

If you goto that event and drift all you will prove to NASA is that drifters don't care about the rules. You will singlehandly be responsible for any drifter -no matter how good- getting banned. All because you wanted to drift. Drifting the events won't solve a godamn thing.

To answer anything I left out.

If I did not wave to you- I didn't see you at the event. Sorry. I was disapointed in the turn out and I left around 2:45pm. I saw a shiny red 180ish looking 240, a not so shiny red hatch- and I met the owner. I think thats you slideways. I shook your hand when I was sitting in my brothers car. I was sorry you didn't have the $ to drive- I would have offered to help but I was broke so I didn't say anything.

And I saw two S14's parked in the back but I never saw the owners. Oh, and one blueish coupe in the grid as I was leaving but I didn't see who was driving.

I was in the green hatchback. Only green S13 there.

So here is my statement and challenge to you guys that want to drift.

If you want to drift- put an event on. I will meet anyones efforts to put an event on two fold. I probably won't even be able to drive the event( No money) But thats not important. If you want drifters to be taken seriously then you have to prove to everyone that we are serious people. Flying in the face of the rules will not get us anywher. This is a serious offer to anyone that wants to drift without the hassle. There is no reason we can't put something together.

I hope this response satisifies anyones concerns or statements.

Last edited by thx247; 08-04-2003 at 02:48 PM..
Old 08-04-2003, 03:48 PM   #50
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
I guess I never updated my profile. I have the integra and a 240.
that's good to know..although it shouldn't matter..i appologize for my less then tolerant responses last night..i was just bitter about being singled out..i guess i should have looked at it differently..maybe i was singled out because Dennis thought i had the best chance of influencing the others..who knows..

anyway i do appologize to everyone for my ranting..

Quote:
I'm more than happy to help put together a drift event in the bay area. I've been looking into it for quite some time now.
us too, i assure you..we are actually trying to find a way for our shop, Full Speed, to sponsor an event either at the Marina Airport or another suitable venue..

Quote:
I'm glad to hear that you didn't hit any cones and that you did well, thats excellent. (Seriously- I am impressed) But the events are not all about you. If you goto events often enough you will see the people that "try" to drift the course. Who are they? The younger drivers with little skills who have seen people like you drive the course effortlessly- they somehow think they can just bust a fat drift in that high speed sweeper and live to tell about it.

We all know what happens to them, they screw up. They screw up the course, they risk workers, they slow the event down. They waste time. When you have 300+ cars trying to run in one day seconds become important.
you are correct..and this was the underlying reason for Dennis' talk with me..he even made the point that he started an autocross club..not a drift club..so i need to respect that and understand his place..as it is because of him that the events are even there for everyone's enjoyment..

Quote:
Tell me now- do you think NASA is going to embrace drifters when you drift the next event like you say you will? Do you think they will appreciate it when you fly in the face of their rules like that?

If you goto that event and drift all you will prove to NASA is that drifters don't care about the rules. You will singlehandly be responsible for any drifter -no matter how good- getting banned. All because you wanted to drift. Drifting the events won't solve a godamn thing.
you are correct..in my less aggitated state i am able to recongnize this..however i still plan on drifting at the next event..but not arrogantly or as a gesture of refusal to play by their rules..i will do it cause i enjoy it..and i'll do it controlled and hopefully will once again be able to say that i did not hit one cone or spin out..as that is really my goal everytime..of course i say i don't go to these for a fast time..but it still feels good when you have a nice, clean, fast run..

Quote:
Oh, and one blueish coupe in the grid as I was leaving but I didn't see who was driving.
yeah that was me....hope to officially meet you next time..

Quote:
So here is my statement and challenge to you guys that want to drift.

If you want to drift- put an event on. I will meet anyones efforts to put an event on two fold. I probably won't even be able to drive the event( No money) But thats not important. If you want drifters to be taken seriously then you have to prove to everyone that we are serious people. Flying in the face of the rules will not get us anywher. This is a serious offer to anyone that wants to drift without the hassle. There is no reason we can't put something together.
that is the plan..and hopefully even those, like yourself, with a lack of funds will be able to participate..especially if you are one of the people helping to get it accomplished..

hopefully no hard feelings and i look forward to meeting you soon..possibly at the Santa Cruz meet..
Old 08-04-2003, 04:13 PM   #51
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

no hard feelings. It takes alot more to rile me up than posting on a forum.

My lack of funds in hopefully temporary =) Big bills recently.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:48 AM   #52
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
I can not understand how you can stand there, and say you are serious about drifting, and advancing the sport.. but then you go and make a jacka$$ out of yourself at an auto-x.. get warned, and then you are going to go to another one, where all the same people are going to be, and make yourself into an even bigger Jackass. At the point drifting is at in our culture, ANYONE who does it is an ambassador.

YOU ARE GOING ABOUT THIS ALL WRONG.

If you want more drift events, then you need an ORGINIZATION (not a speed shop) that is RESPECTED to setup the events.

Your choice is either:

1. to F*ck the big dogs that have been making a name for themselves for 50+ years, or make your own club that already has a bad name b/c all the BIG dogs contacts have been informed what a bunch of lawless jackas$'s drifter are.

2. Play nice, and by the rules at the normal auto-x events. Prove you are there to play by the rules, and GAIN SOME RESPECT. That way when you ask the SCCA about drifting, or they consider it, it has a more viable chance to be taken seriously. Then you may even be able to add your input or help run the events with SCCA backing.. both management & Membership. THERE IS SIMPLY NO FASTER WAY TO GET THE SPORT RESPECT, AND FOR IT TO GAIN POPULARITY.

--Your not only hurting yourself.. BUT ALL DRIFTERS.--

The SCCA, and NASA are PRIVATE CLUBS. You agree to a certain level of conduct, and a set of rules. If you want drift events, talk to the orginizing bodies, and request it. DO NOT try to force your way in. It will NOT work.

I would LOVE for NASA and SCCA to further embrace drifting, and create an entire series around it (like solo2).. That would be the coolest **** EVER. Then dr4ifting would spread like WILD fire.. participation would go through the roof.

Your actions define you. Stop being Jackass's.

<mod mode>
sLiDewAys - Take off caps lock, or your posts will be deleted.
Old 08-09-2003, 12:16 PM   #53
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

Thank you.
Old 08-09-2003, 12:35 PM   #54
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
well, i read this post quickly but caught the 'drift' of it

as someone who drifts, im like in the middle

to me, drifting is hitting a grey spot nowadays. we want more places more practice omre events to keep it off the street. rathren then giving drifting a bad name w/ the public, we try our best to keep it on the track or local events. the closests cheapest safest thing is autox

but there's a catch. technically, cant drift. and for beginners thsi sucks because how else ot learn?

a few points were said i wanted to comment on briefly
as far as autox course being set up for drift.

you can drift ANY course. there is no 'grip' course. so called 'grip' trakcs such as buttonwillow, thunderhill, willow springs and streets are well known 'grip' but if you know ANYTHING about drifitng, drifting is taking a racing line and tweaking it. in the way you let the back hang out and the front takes the racing line. there's a reason d1gp is judged so you drift and hit the apex that you run a very clear racing line. thats where the control comes in.

anyways, just fyi. there is no such thing as 'grip' layouts.

as far as drifting at autox. it a grey line. yes you can and if yo uare good and dont nail any cones, sure you can drift it and of course not as fast, but its not about time in drifting. its about control and technique. but the problem lies in the organizers who dont want it. and the people who dont like it (ex: closeminded individuals) who think its pointless. i find this most amusing since ALL profossional racesr would be (and are) badass driftres. watch any professional sport and you wil see the tail of a car hang out sometimes mid corner. drifting and grip are related. to be a excellent gripper you should know dirft or at least general car control should u be in such situation. to be a excellent drifter you mus tknow grip because you need t oknow lines, entry speeds, and so forth. both meet at one point. to be close minded and say 'its pointless and stupid' your just hurting yourself from ever advancing.

anyways, autox isnt the place for the most part. but i would see no one complaining if yoshinori koguchi came out and drifted the course. why? becase hes pro .and he makes it look good. for us, beginners, we are slow, lack the ulitmate control and make more errors because we are learning. that's the real problem. even if you dont hit cones butyou double the time of the average out there, that's 30 or 1 mins loss of time for a person, you basically took up 2 runs rather then one.

its like at a drift day and the guy spins on EVERY corner. it just ****es one off because they suck so bad. yeah be supportive but you cant when u only get a few runs in your group thru day.

the real question comes in 'which should learn first'
the younger guys or people who have no car expirience will say drift. why? because its fun and its more 'young kid style driving' or something like that..it appeals to them
the guys at the autox just grip for one because cars arent setup for drift and they are into time

noekone and rb14: i know u guys have good control. i know u guyes know aht your doing. next time, i say dont post about it online. when u get to the event. talk with the orgaznies about what your doing.

online people get all riled up and into a hissy-fit. if u post it you'll get newbies think they are keiichi tsuchiya coming out and a kicking the tail mid corner is adrift and such. keep it on the low down

if u get chewed on by the organizers, atlk with the headhoncho and see what's up.

you will always get sh!t from other drivers. always. no matter where you are, a real track or autox. why ?because its not conventional driving style. what we can do? yeah ok that's cool buddy, ill lbe cautious. its not hte fastest way, yes i understand that, just working on car control. aggree with them, be cool and smile. people will never like it, thats just how it is. just agree and nod.

hopefully the next event will go better. dont post about it. most newbie drifters suck nuts and will end up crashing their cars in the streets. survivla of the fittest. keep safe and keep it on the track and you'll never need to worry about anything. laws are strict and this is new to westerners.

good luck fellas, see you guys sooon..1 or 2 weeks?

i know i got offf topic here and there, i jsut wake up (its 11:30 am)
ugh.
off to shower eat and haircut. peace yall. stay safe. no more bickering. this is pointless. drifting needs to stay underground for the most part. if u drift on the street, dont post it. if you drift into someone's house, dont post it, if you touge dont psot it.

keep it off the net. too many haters and whiners.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 06:33 PM   #55
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally posted by dousan36
drifting needs to stay underground for the most part. if u drift on the street, dont post it. if you drift into someone's house, dont post it, if you touge dont psot it.

keep it off the net. too many haters and whiners.
Does it though?

I spoke to the event chair of the last NASA event and his biggest complaint about drifting was that it took up too much time. Plain and simple. NASA runs 15 second intervals, there is no time for people to drift.

He did say it would be fine for the guys to drift a few of the corners, but not all of them.

Dennis was actually intrested in helping to organize a drift event as am I. Marina is closing down NASA events, there are no more planned. NASA may very well disapear once they lose their venue. The SCCA has priced them out of the other places. Now if ever would be a good time to make a serious push towards getting an organized drift event that re-occurs as often as there are participants willing to drive (Less than you would think unfortunately) The biggest thing is to find a location, and then form a "club" for the insurance buy, and go to town.
Old 08-10-2003, 01:16 AM   #56
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by sykikchimp
I can not understand how you can stand there, and say you are serious about drifting, and advancing the sport.. but then you go and make a jacka$$ out of yourself at an auto-x.. get warned, and then you are going to go to another one, where all the same people are going to be, and make yourself into an even bigger Jackass. At the point drifting is at in our culture, ANYONE who does it is an ambassador.
I don’t think you really know what you are talking about…if you had read completely all of my posts (I know some were quite lengthy and you may have thought you had the gist) you would have seen in my last one that I apologized for my previous tone and statements and admitted that they were out of line and uncalled for in retrospect...however, I’ll quote myself for you:

Quote:
Originally posted by nokeone
that's good to know..although it shouldn't matter..i appologize for my less then tolerant responses last night..i was just bitter about being singled out..i guess i should have looked at it differently..maybe i was singled out because Dennis thought i had the best chance of influencing the others..who knows..

you are correct..and this was the underlying reason for Dennis' talk with me..he even made the point that he started an autocross club..not a drift club..so i need to respect that and understand his place..as it is because of him that the events are even there for everyone's enjoyment..

you are correct..in my less aggitated state i am able to recongnize this..however i still plan on drifting at the next event..but not arrogantly or as a gesture of refusal to play by their rules..i will do it cause i enjoy it..and i'll do it controlled and hopefully will once again be able to say that i did not hit one cone or spin out..as that is really my goal everytime..of course i say i don't go to these for a fast time..but it still feels good when you have a nice, clean, fast run..

Quote:
If you want more drift events, then you need an ORGINIZATION (not a speed shop) that is RESPECTED to setup the events.

Your choice is either:

1. to F*ck the big dogs that have been making a name for themselves for 50+ years, or make your own club that already has a bad name b/c all the BIG dogs contacts have been informed what a bunch of lawless jackas$'s drifter are.
once again I think you assume you know what you are talking about when you do not…we happen to be on very good terms with Dennis…and have discussed with him the possibility of a drift event co-sponsored by himself (cause he has the contacts at the locations) and ourselves (assuming liability and insurance and promotion)…

Quote:
2. Play nice, and by the rules at the normal auto-x events. Prove you are there to play by the rules, and GAIN SOME RESPECT. That way when you ask the SCCA about drifting, or they consider it, it has a more viable chance to be taken seriously. Then you may even be able to add your input or help run the events with SCCA backing.. both management & Membership. THERE IS SIMPLY NO FASTER WAY TO GET THE SPORT RESPECT, AND FOR IT TO GAIN POPULARITY.

--Your not only hurting yourself.. BUT ALL DRIFTERS.--

The SCCA, and NASA are PRIVATE CLUBS. You agree to a certain level of conduct, and a set of rules. If you want drift events, talk to the orginizing bodies, and request it. DO NOT try to force your way in. It will NOT work.
You are correct…I definitely agree with you…

Quote:
Your actions define you. Stop being Jackass's.
once again...i think you assume too much and chose words which are harsher then necessary…but then again people have been agreeing to disagree for centuries…and as is shown time and again…history repeats itself...
Old 08-10-2003, 01:43 AM   #57
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
to me, drifting is hitting a grey spot nowadays. we want more places more practice omre events to keep it off the street. rathren then giving drifting a bad name w/ the public, we try our best to keep it on the track or local events. the closests cheapest safest thing is autox

but there's a catch. technically, cant drift. And for beginners this sucks because how else to learn?
you’re right...it’s a tough spot to be in these days…the lines are not clearly drawn…and choices are made…sometimes they will be correct and sometimes they will be wrong…I made the wrong choice to vent my frustration on an internet board…for that I apologize…both to Dennis…and anyone else involved…

Quote:
A few points were said I wanted to comment on briefly
as far as autox course being set up for drift.

you can drift ANY course. there is no 'grip' course. so called 'grip' tracks such as buttonwillow, thunderhill, willow springs and streets are well known 'grip' but if you know ANYTHING about drifitng, drifting is taking a racing line and tweaking it. in the way you let the back hang out and the front takes the racing line. there's a reason d1gp is judged so you drift and hit the apex that you run a very clear racing line. thats where the control comes in.

anyways, just fyi. there is no such thing as 'grip' layouts.
somewhat similar to what I said previously……of course your explanation is better and more technical…thanks…

Quote:
Originally posted by nokeone
that's BS..sure there are courses set up specifically for drifting..but that’s just cause it’s a “drift” event..but anything can be drifted..there were certain sections of todays course which i did not attempt to drift due to the fact they were too tight or technical..but at least 4-5 of the larger radius turns were PERFECT for it...
Quote:
as far as drifting at autox. it a gray line. yes you can and if you are good and don’t nail any cones, sure you can drift it and of course not as fast, but its not about time in drifting. its about control and technique. but the problem lies in the organizers who don’t want it. and the people who don’t like it (ex: close-minded individuals) who think its pointless. I find this most amusing since ALL professional racers would be (and are) badass drifters. watch any professional sport and you will see the tail of a car hang out sometimes mid corner. drifting and grip are related. to be a excellent gripper you should know drift or at least general car control should u be in such situation. to be a excellent drifter you mus tknow grip because you need t oknow lines, entry speeds, and so forth. both meet at one point. to be close minded and say 'its pointless and stupid' your just hurting yourself from ever advancing.
I agree…I think it’s great to watch someone who excels at drift run a couple laps for time using a combo of grip and high speed race-line drifts…in fact until recently all I did was drive for grip in my POS gutted and race prepped Altima…go figure…lol…

Quote:
anyways, autox isnt the place for the most part. but i would see no one complaining if yoshinori koguchi came out and drifted the course. why? becase hes pro .and he makes it look good. for us, beginners, we are slow, lack the ulitmate control and make more errors because we are learning. that's the real problem. even if you dont hit cones butyou double the time of the average out there, that's 30 or 1 mins loss of time for a person, you basically took up 2 runs rather then one.

its like at a drift day and the guy spins on EVERY corner. it just ****es one off because they suck so bad. yeah be supportive but you cant when u only get a few runs in your group thru day.
you’re right…and I know you are not even necessarily making this statement in my direction…..but as more of a general one…but I found it interesting when I got the NASA time sheet in the mail the other day and my “drift” laps were 2-4 seconds faster then at least 20-30 of the 150 or so cars there…yeah I was in the bottom…lol…but not the slowest…

Quote:
noekone and rb14: i know u guys have good control. i know u guyes know aht your doing. next time, i say dont post about it online. when u get to the event. talk with the orgaznies about what your doing.
thanks man…honestly from you…that means a lot…

and this is prolly the best advice and I’m kicking myself for not thinking about it ahead of time…we should have gotten to the event, walked up to Dennis and the head of the Camero Group, and asked them for permission to drift…and taken whatever answer we were given because it was their event…I guess the main reason we had such a false sense of security was because not more then a month earlier at the previous NASA event at the same location we were given open permission to drift the course as we saw fit…it never occurred to me that a different sponsor (last time it was Club Miata) might have a different take on the idea of us drifting…it was an oversight on my part and it sucks…next time it will be the first thing I do upon arrival…

Quote:
online people get all riled up and into a hissy-fit. if u post it you'll get newbies think they are keiichi tsuchiya coming out and a kicking the tail mid corner is adrift and such. keep it on the low down

if u get chewed on by the organizers, atlk with the headhoncho and see what's up.
yeah you are right…it was my bad to post about it…and not handle it privately…I guess I was just excited about there being another venue to practice at and enjoy (other then DD6) in Northern California as we have so few…

Quote:
you will always get sh!t from other drivers. always. no matter where you are, a real track or autox. why ?because its not conventional driving style. what we can do? yeah ok that's cool buddy, ill lbe cautious. its not hte fastest way, yes i understand that, just working on car control. aggree with them, be cool and smile. people will never like it, thats just how it is. just agree and nod.
haha…that’s funny cause that is exactly what I did when I was having the talk with Dennis…and I only attempted to slide the 3 largest corners on my final run…and when I exited he actually told me I had done a good job…like I said earlier…I really like Dennis and I allowed my frustration to get to me…I shot the messenger…lol…

Quote:
hopefully the next event will go better. dont post about it. most newbie drifters suck nuts and will end up crashing their cars in the streets. survivla of the fittest. keep safe and keep it on the track and you'll never need to worry about anything. laws are strict and this is new to westerners.

good luck fellas, see you guys sooon..1 or 2 weeks?
thanks man…we missed you at the Buttonwillow event today…it was an awesome time…got some great video footage though if you care to see what you missed..…hopefully like you said we’ll catch up with you in the next couple of weeks when you are back up this way…take care…peace
Old 08-10-2003, 12:19 PM   #58
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
you are correct.. I don't really know what I'm talking about b/c I am having to relate the way I see the guys act on this coast at auto-x events when people do this to your actions. Obviously you will get different reactions there.

But I digress, It is not always the event orginizers that matter. If the majority of the people at the event don't like how it's affecting things, they won't allow you to do it in the future. You have to try either way though, and I commend you for it. Getting permission before the event is the definately the best way to handle it.