Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
c-los13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
c-los13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Synapse BOV review

First let me say that this is my personal exprience w this product, any kinda input to help this thread is welcome.
my setup is:
sr20det blacktop
fmic
nismo fpr
s15 turbo
no tune yet.
aem wideband

so i bought the bov off frsport without noticing that cars that use a MAF "MUST" have the bov recirculated or buy the antistall kit.
i didnt buy the antistall kit so i had the worst 2 weeks ever cuz i couldnt figure out that the bov would stay completly open at idle cauising a hardcore boost leak making the car run hella rich.
after i discover that, i decided to recirculate the bov back the intake using a 90 degree cooper fitting and a long ass hose back to the air intake after the maf. (i have my bov flange on the cold side so the damn hose was super close to the clutch fan)
Having the bov recirculated fixed the problem (i guess, eventhough i had some stalling problems that i later fixed by opening the iacv) but i didnt want a bigass hose goint across the engine bay so i decided to purchase the anti stall kit from frsport as well
After intalling the anti stall kit the car started running super rich when cruising because the bov would stay open
i contacted Synapse's customer service (btw its sucks hardcore) and they said to try different combinations w the 2 ports in the back and that their not familiar w sr20s, and THATS IT!. i tried EVERY POSSIBLE combination and i would either get compressor surge or the antistall would stay open. hey ended up saying that i shoud recirculate the bov, so why would they even sell the damn anti stall kit then???
This review might suck but i just want every one that is considering about getting one of these, DONT! just get and hks and call it a day!
everybody talks about the damn bov being awesome but theyre a pita.
Any kinda input is welcome, and as i stated before this is my personal experience and i thought i should share it since there is none on google.
c-los13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
keytops
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
keytops is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Is the valve on the anti stall sealing? It should be closed under vaccum. I have a recirced snyapse BOV and love it. Running KA-t both ports to vac/boost. Make sure the anti stall is screwed in all the way if it is loosten the jam num on the back of the BOV and turn the screw one turn counter-clockwise and tighten the jam nut. Make sure both ports are plugged in. Reset your ecu too, having a recirc'ed BOV should not affect idle at all, it might have self learned with the huge boost leak and still be compensating.
keytops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
It works great if you recirc it, and it still makes a blowing off noise (if you really care about that). I've had 0 problems with mine.
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
c-los13
Zilvia Junkie

i dont care about the noise at all, a pic of your setupwould be awesome, also what port are you running???
Old 02-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
c-los13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by keytops View Post
Is the valve on the anti stall sealing? It should be closed under vaccum. I have a recirced snyapse BOV and love it. Running KA-t both ports to vac/boost. Make sure the anti stall is screwed in all the way if it is loosten the jam num on the back of the BOV and turn the screw one turn counter-clockwise and tighten the jam nut. Make sure both ports are plugged in. Reset your ecu too, having a recirc'ed BOV should not affect idle at all, it might have self learned with the huge boost leak and still be compensating.
the antistall was screwed all the in, actually i would make the pigeon noise on the turbo if it was so i had to loosen it a bit but them i would leak when cruising.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
c-los13
Zilvia Junkie

Ppl that have this bov recirc'ed post pics for future reference
Old 02-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #7
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I also own the Synchronic Bov and I love it

Ive also had to deal with their customer service, both Synapse and Vibrant, and i never had 1 issue, they were very helpful.

I ran the anti stall kit for a while, it worked fine at first but began sticking open after blowing off at full boost (20psi) so i recirculated it and have had zero issues since.

I really like this BOV, ive owned greddy, hks, and turbo xs bov's in the past and this is definitely a top favorite.

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
badbob2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #8
Kuzumi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Kuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kuzumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kuzumi
I also own this BOV. I'm just waiting on funds before installing it. I plan to recirculate it from right before the throttle body to after the maf. I'll post pictures once this is completed.
Kuzumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #9
c-los13
Zilvia Junkie

ill post pics later on today as well
Old 02-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #10
Matthew Murphy
Leaky Injector

Matthew Murphy is an unknown quantity at this point
mine works great, this is an excelent product for people that want to purchase it just dont cut corners and do your shit correctly
Matthew Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #11
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
2stepGoesPowPow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
This is interesting... i almost got the synapse but since i head its huge i went with a Greddy type RZ
2stepGoesPowPow is offline   Reply With Quote