Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #31
marcencar
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
marcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to marcencar
hey shane thats a sweet looking swap. I was wondering when you were gonna finish up the swap. Im leaning towards the rb swap as well. Ill hit you up if i need any assistance with it!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:09 AM   #32
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
hood pics yo!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #33
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
s13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Here's a shot from Driftday Formula doughnut on the practice course. I will have a youtube link soon, just finished the upload but it doesn't show up on the search yet (youtube help said it could take up to 8 hrs).

The car ran great all day, this is the event in which I really started to get a hang of the new setup. While everyone was competing I had the 2nd gear practice course all to myself!!! I ran the course 8 times back to back and not once did the water temp needle rise. The hood really helps with the cooling and preventing the rad from heat soak.

I'd like to mention that I'll be doing a step by step oil cooler install on this thread so stay tuned.
s13coupedrfter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:30 PM   #34
Suk02Si
Zilvia Addict

Suk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfection
Looks great! I picked up an Uras hood vent and noticed an improvement as well
Suk02Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:58 PM   #35
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Just spoke with my claims adjuster foo, and i'd like to say that it looks very likely that I'll be rockin an inline 6 of some sort!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:33 PM   #36
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

s13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.everythingdrift.com/index...d=28&catid=175

Here's some pics from Formula Doughnut Driftday. Thanx George

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEh67borNlk[/ame]

Here's a quick clip. Next event I'll have some kick-ass footage with side car mount cam and in car action.

Last edited by s13coupedrfter; 09-15-2007 at 12:48 AM..
Old 10-14-2007, 06:26 PM   #37
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
i'm glad you posted how it feels to you about the extra weight. some people really make a big deal out of it. i used to be on of those. lol. can you comment more on how it handles?? i'd like to know how the handling/torque compare to a sr (i have s14 sr and planning on inline 6 to replace it)
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:43 PM   #38
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
nice clean build. I've got a question that hopefully someone can answer. I want to do a RB swap in my CA 180sx. Is a RB20 worth putting into sn S13? the only reason I ask is because I can't afford a huge RB25 build. Sorry to hijack your thread, just thought it'd be a good opportunity to ask.
Slammed180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:34 AM   #39
Saltman
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Saltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shane you are my hero. I see you've come a long way from practicing on GT3. LOL. Man, I'm starting all over and you are doing the exact same thing I'm planning to do. I'm building an RB25 powered drift car too (going with the coupe this time). I also see you've changed the color on the ride. Looks sweet! I remember it like this...

I'll be using your thread for help with my build-up. *Subscribing now*

Curves are sexy
Saltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:14 AM   #40
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
you dont need the heatshield, the aluminum casing is enough. The heat shield is made for the old mounts and with the new ones will just cause vibrations to transfers through.
kouki_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:18 PM   #41
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouki_s14 View Post
you dont need the heatshield, the aluminum casing is enough. The heat shield is made for the old mounts and with the new ones will just cause vibrations to transfers through.
At the time it seemed like a good idea but your right. I'm too lazy to take it out and it's not posing a problem right now. Good eye though.

I'm doing Machine Tunes event this Sunday and I got a roll cage cam mount (thanx Gary) and a suction cup mount so I'll have some good footage.

As I mentioned before I'll have a oil cooler install coming very soon, it's going to be sick! Also, 5 lug conversion pictoral.

There's going to be a special install too but it's going to be a suprise!!!

slideways2004 & slammed180 pm's sent

Last edited by s13coupedrfter; 10-15-2007 at 01:02 PM..
Old 11-05-2007, 11:53 AM   #42
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Here's a new engine bay shot. I added a circuit sports catch can and coolant tank, I also changed the color of the filter for fun. As promised I will have a oil cooler install update later today or at the latest tommorow.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #43
hijack3d
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
hijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Awesome... and friggin' clean! Are you planning on going to any more drift events this year?
hijack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #44
B Love
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
B Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
super clean. How much hose did you uses for the power steering?
B Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:32 PM   #45
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Looks great
Old 11-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #46
240trooper
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
240trooper is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trooper Send a message via Yahoo to 240trooper
OHH shit thats my old intercooer on that 90 pig nose hahaha, tell jon i said wassup homie,and i quit oil stop lmao ser ya around
240trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:15 PM   #47
240trooper
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
240trooper is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trooper Send a message via Yahoo to 240trooper
tell jon i got some side marker lights if he wants them, ill shoot hima deal
240trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:21 PM   #48
bRUt@L`S13
BANNED

bRUt@L`S13 is on the path to ruinbRUt@L`S13 is on the path to ruinbRUt@L`S13 is on the path to ruin
i saw this car at the machine tune event last month... so sexy

imma try 2 take my car out for the next 1
bRUt@L`S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:17 PM   #49
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

boo!.... horrible work as always Shane. You should just give up on that coupe and let me take over it! The oil cooler setup looks tits on the ritz by the way.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:23 PM   #50
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

I'm going to do some more events soon, I just have to get a saturday off (I'm working 70-80hrs a week). Gotta support my drifting addiction somehow.

Sorry everyone about the footage I promised, bummed about the oil catch can thing but the car is back together and runs great!

I got a question about how much power streering line I used...about 6 feet (2) 3 foot pieces for the p/s cooler return line. High pressure line is braided maybe 2 feet.

Side note: the oil cooler upgrade/filter relocation used alot of -10 line=expensive. Will have up in a couple of hours.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:57 AM   #51
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Finally here's the oil cooler project...

When I went to Earls I asked for the rb25det block fitting/filter relocation block and they gave me "nissan parts" indicating sr, ka and rb should use the same block fitting. I originally used the ka oil filter on the rb25 anyway so it should work with all. I first planned to use a sandwich plate without the filter relocation but I could'nt find any with -10 female ports so I decided with the block fitting and filter relocation set-up. I used -10 line because the inner dia. is the same as the inner dia. of the oil filter screw on bolt sticking out the rb block. Here's some pics...

Here is the holding bracket I modified to hold my I/C, yup I'm mounting the cooler between the head lights in direct airflow. I used washers as spacers for now, later I'll machine some solid spacers

All mounted up.

Here's the lines going to the block.

Front shot, you likes?

All done.

The project was alot of fun but went over budget. I ended up spending almost 600 bucks but all the parts are the best on the market. Setrab oil cooler and several trips to Earls added up quick. As for the performance I could'nt be more happy. The car runs cool with the temp needle just alittle lower than before. During runs the needle will go up to normal but never goes past the mark. You get what you pay for and I'm glad I spent the dough.

Last edited by s13coupedrfter; 11-07-2007 at 01:17 AM..
Old 11-07-2007, 10:33 AM   #52
Saltman
Zilvia Member

Saltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of lightSaltman is a glorious beacon of light
Nice!! Looking good shane!!

Curves are sexy
Saltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:30 PM   #53
gt35built

gt35built is an unknown quantity at this point
So what was your total price?

looks clean dude.
gt35built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #54
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

That looks great Shane. let me know if you get word from the guy with my hatch, it's worth a try.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 PM   #55
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

I'm going to try and get the 5 lug swap done in the next 2 weeks so I can slap on the new wheels, should look sick 17x9 lineas all around.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:36 PM   #56
B Love
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
B Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wow looks really clean once again. how much was all the stuff you got from earls?
B Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:18 PM   #57
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Here's the 5 lug swap, I used z32 rear hubs and Ichiba front s13 bolt on hubs. The 5 lug conversion was pretty straight forward unless you decide to use s14 front hubs then your going to have to drill/enlarge the holes on the coilovers that mount to the spindle and get s14 control arms (or install the s14 ball joint on s13 arms). For the rears I removed the axles to get access to the 4 bolts holding the wheel bearing. Then remove the brake assy/rotor. Once removed they should pop right off.

For the front you have to remove the brake assy/rotor then pop off the axle nut cap to get access to the axle nut. Remove the cotter pin and nut, wheel bearing will slide off the spindle with ease. Installation is snap, slide the Ichiba wheel bearing/hub on (don't forget the washer) and torque nut to 120 ft-lbs.

If your wondering which rotors to use I used s14 5 lug rears and the 95 maxima fronts (only if you have the jdm 180sx front brake swap) other wise use s14 front rotors.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:46 PM   #58
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
shane...quick question.

where did you get the piece that helps organize the lines...the silver piece.... can you get them through earls? THANKS (love the car btw.)
Old 12-01-2007, 01:16 PM   #59
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Yes, the line seperator piece is from Earls. They have them in blue and red too.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:55 PM   #60
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews

LOL @ Ali's face.... haha

Sweet build though man. The intake mani is definetly a smart upgrade.