Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-16-2008, 06:54 PM   #121
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
bboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bboyoracle
Finally done with fender work. Rear quarter panels rolled and pulled. Front fenders rolled flat. Should have no problem with clearance. Metal fenders ftw!!!!!

*Tools used*
Of course:

Hours hunched over a chair with these. My body guy hates me right now.

But the outcome came out great:

Old 07-18-2008, 10:16 PM   #122
cbcustoms
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
cbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking good man. When is the paint scheduled?
cbcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:46 PM   #123
KansaiDrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
KansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
wow those are the best rolled front fenders I've ever seen! Usually they get all out of shape from not being held very good. nice job!
KansaiDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #124
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
great looking rolls. Looks like whoever did it took great care and time. Usually when you move that much material in the rear the upper part of the quarter panel pops in.

Fronts came out amazing too...usually people can't do that much with the fronts.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:03 PM   #125
240cracker
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240cracker

i hate these dream cars builds...
240cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:11 PM   #126
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
thought u were going wider( ovefenders )

TRUE thing: True ////OFFSET\\\\ is acheived without spacers
Running on E85 570whp Precision 5862....laggy as fuck. hate it
ROIDMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:26 AM   #127
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

bboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to behold
nah overfenders would be overkill.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:07 AM   #128
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
you shoulda gone higher up on the fender with the roll.

you can't really dance with the devil in terms of wheelfitment with USA 45degree fender roller pull.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:16 AM   #129
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyoracle View Post
nah overfenders would be overkill.
overkill what? u killing it rolling yes. my opinion , rolling is good but for a "supermade fastback" not in my taste
i dont think this looks overkill http://shop.yumetenpo.jp/goodsimg/su...ss180/main.jpg

Old 07-21-2008, 08:25 AM   #130
BlackMagicGTO

BlackMagicGTO will become famous soon enoughBlackMagicGTO will become famous soon enoughBlackMagicGTO will become famous soon enoughBlackMagicGTO will become famous soon enough
The wheels suck but everything else is ace.
BlackMagicGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:54 AM   #131
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROIDMONKEY View Post
overkill what? u killing it rolling yes. my opinion , rolling is good but for a "supermade fastback" not in my taste
i dont think this looks overkill http://shop.yumetenpo.jp/goodsimg/su...ss180/main.jpg
Overkill in that I don't need to run overfenders with the wheel size. They can fit fit under stock fenders with a minor roll and pull. And as i mentioned before:

stock metal > fiberglass overfenders
Old 07-21-2008, 08:55 AM   #132
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyoracle View Post
Overkill in that I don't need to run overfenders with the wheel size. They can fit fit under stock fenders with a minor roll and pull.
got u. forgot the wheels sizes. yes . whats the sizes again bro?

Old 07-21-2008, 08:57 AM   #133
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROIDMONKEY View Post
got u. forgot the wheels sizes. yes . whats the sizes again bro?
18x9 +6 O-disk
18x10 +15 O-disk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagicGTO View Post
The wheels suck but everything else is ace.
Thanks. I guess? lol
Old 07-21-2008, 09:00 AM   #134
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

cool. still lot to do? mine took 4 month to finish it, i was going crazy

Old 07-21-2008, 12:32 PM   #135
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
The rear pull looks horrendous. Fix it. Pull from higher up on the fender. My baseball bat roll looked better than that.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #136
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert View Post
The rear pull looks horrendous. Fix it. Pull from higher up on the fender. My baseball bat roll looked better than that.
once you do it crappy if you try and fix it it'll just get super wavey and even more gross looking.

thats why I tell people not to use fender rollers, it never works right.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:39 PM   #137
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants View Post
once you do it crappy if you try and fix it it'll just get super wavey and even more gross looking.

What do you recommend? And where to start the roll?
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #138
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants View Post

I see what you are talking about flybert and mcrusselpants. The other side is a lot better. I stopped by the body shop and let him know that id like more of a progression from the body line to the end of the fender. Right now its more of a lip and not really going to help with fitment. So more metal pounding!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:09 PM   #139
spools14
Zilvia Junkie

spools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud ofspools14 has much to be proud of
Whoa, someone actually listened to people who know what they are talking about!? That's amazing!
spools14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:11 PM   #140
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Oh btw the fender roller was only really used to flatten the inner lip most of it was done by massaging the metal. In other words beating the shit out of it with a hammer and different curved blocks.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:21 PM   #141
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

They probably want it to be cleaner like this I suppose. not to thread jack or whatever the hell... and that red super made s13 linked above is photoshopped all to hell.

Last edited by Om1kron; 07-21-2008 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: yes I know it needs to be lower and needs wheel spacers, eat a goat cock. =)
Om1kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:26 PM   #142
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Not a thread jack at all i appreciate the help!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:57 PM   #143
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
for the most part i'm no body tech but with what you did with the fender rollers the only way to get a pull like the one I posted is to weld new ends back there and do the good ole baseball bat method which is overkill, or you could get those corny screw on fender flares LOL.

but they're right over fenders would be the true way to correct that. I'm happy with my wheel fittament and rear fenders so rear overs would be overkill for me since i'm not running wide ass wheels or grip driving or drifting.

it's your car and as long as your wheels dont rub then who cares I guess. To each his own, everyone just is judgemental towards build threads telling people how their cars are to look since they're vicariously building a car through your dreams lol.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:05 PM   #144
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
it's your car and as long as your wheels dont rub then who cares I guess. To each his own, everyone just is judgemental towards build threads telling people how their cars are to look since they're vicariously building a car through your dreams lol.
It's more like, if you're going with a Super Made build, then you pretty much just told everyone you're looking to go and build a super clean looking car, which means no gay, non-functional fender pulls that absolutely destroys the lines of the car, AND doesn't allow for proper wheel fitment still.

It's not so much people trying to build his car vicariously through him, but it's people trying to help him make the car look clean, and not half-assed.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:08 PM   #145
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

The only reason i rolled the rears was to ensure proper fitment. Not so it looks "pretty" Which is why i am fixing the situation as we speak. So its all good guys. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:13 PM   #146
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
It wouldn't matter if he used the fender roller. It should be if he test fitted his wheels at all while pulling it. Only way to make it look good is trial and error and fitting the wheels while you're doing it or else you over do it and it looks like poop. And if you under do it, well it's not gonna fit.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:21 PM   #147
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post

It's not so much people trying to build his car vicariously through him, but it's people trying to help him make the car look clean, and not half-assed.
That was more a generalized observation of users behavior here rather than zeroing in on this thread
Old 07-21-2008, 05:34 PM   #148
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
You can always cut and weld new metal over. Sometimes that looks the best.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:42 PM   #149
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

lol a piece a metal was already cut and welded on that quarter panel. That side particularly was in real bad shape. Which has made the process harder. (must have been a bad weld bc the part that was cut is starting to seperate due to the roll)

Actually here you can see how bad that section used to be. Before:

After:

Side note: man i miss my car
Old 07-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #150
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
... and that red super made s13 linked above is photoshopped all to hell.
Hell yeah it was....Here's the real SM fastback in 2006: