Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #91
Q.Smooth127
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Q.Smooth127 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
damn ... you one rich mofawka haha.
where the hell do you work?
guess i better start man-whoring myself to hungry cougars.

great car you working on. those wheels arent my taste but who gives a fawk. your car, your choice. fawk everyone else's opinions haha.
Q.Smooth127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2011, 11:47 PM   #92
howyfeltersnatch
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
howyfeltersnatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_drifter View Post
Wheels are fix already. Heres the turbo (1st turbo), full race manifold, new Tial wastegate

im not trying to knock you or anything but arent these the exact pics fullracegeoff posted up about the new efr turbos or whatever? im not saying they arent yours or anything just asking why they were posted twice by two diff people. i would assume you work with/for him?
Old 02-07-2011, 02:24 AM   #93
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Touge_drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
This isnt a EFR turbo. its a bullseye hybrid S262 turbo with a comp R center. Only thing full race here is the manifold. EFR turbos have a built in wastegate and BOV. 100% sure its all mine.

No tune No life
Touge_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #94
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
as for the car....Ive only seen one car on this site that everyone loves, and there is nothing really done to it. Its all good, Id feel like I sold out if I built a car that everyone liked. Thanks!
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #95
JohnnyDrfiter22
Zilvia Addict

JohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura about
I love this car! It Clean, Simple, not flashy and un classy with high quality mods!!
JohnnyDrfiter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:49 AM   #96
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDrfiter22 View Post
I love this car! It Clean, Simple, not flashy and un classy with high quality mods!!
Thank you...

No tune No life
Old 02-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #97
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
Theres nothing to deal with.....I could care less!

No tune No life
Old 02-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #98
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
love the quality parts and turbo set up! if your looking to use AN fittings on the oil and water lines for the turbo there is only one place I've found that has the oil return fitting that goes into the block, batinc.com 1/2 bspt to -10 fitting is what your looking for.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #99
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
love the quality parts and turbo set up! if your looking to use AN fittings on the oil and water lines for the turbo there is only one place I've found that has the oil return fitting that goes into the block, batinc.com 1/2 bspt to -10 fitting is what your looking for.
Im on that. everythings being mocked up and done with earls -AN fittings. This thing should haul ass. The car was fast with 380whp, I can only imange what this will do!

No tune No life
Old 02-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #100
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
What is the Gold Coating on the Exhaust Side of the Turbo.... and will it change once heat is applied???

-Drew
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #101
JonGu
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
JonGu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I've never seen a ceramic coating with that bright of a gold. If it is just regular paint, heat will definitely change the color.
JonGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #102
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
God this is amazing! I'm toying with buying a stroker kit so I'm going to be watching this build for sure!

Nice to see quality parts being used for this build!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #103
howyfeltersnatch
Leaky Injector

howyfeltersnatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
This isnt a EFR turbo. its a bullseye hybrid S262 turbo with a comp R center. Only thing full race here is the manifold. EFR turbos have a built in wastegate and BOV. 100% sure its all mine.

well someone else posted those exact pics somewhere else soon as i remember exactly where else ill show you
Old 02-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #104
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by howyfeltersnatch View Post
well someone else posted those exact pics somewhere else soon as i remember exactly where else ill show you
Thats why I dont really go on forums, There is no way to stop someone from taking your pictures and using them for their gain.

As for the stroker kit, I love it! I wish you could have held the pistons. The wrist pins weight more then the piston and connecting rods together!

Im getting parts together now for the other S14 sr20det in my red 240sx.
Ill be using Darton sleeves, JE (90mm) pistons, eagle rods and Mazworks (91mm) crankshaft

As for the turbo. Its a heat coating....NOT paint. there is a company that I use to coat turbos. Full-race also does it. Beats a turbo blanket.

No tune No life
Old 02-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #105
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
This thread is amazing for two reasons:

1) The use of quality parts (regardless of how JDM the brand is).
2) The amount of dumbshit posts from new and old/"respected" members.

Any clearer pics of the rear quarters?
Old 02-08-2011, 02:47 AM   #106
Toi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Toi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice build, hope to see some solid numbers......What numbers your shooting for?
Toi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #107
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Ill post some better pictures. Power goals are around 480-510whp @20psi. 535+ on race gas @34psi. Im going for a nice powerband. Not over all power. I might make more then that, BUT if I expect lower numbers and make more ill be happy!

No tune No life

Last edited by Touge_drifter; 02-10-2011 at 09:45 AM..
Old 02-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #108
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
I have nearly every bit of a build as you and these guys dont talk trash... its just the Zilvia Way if you haven't been a known player in the community!!!

Welcome to Zilvia!!!

When you get Dyno #'s please post and also who does your tune... I highly suggest ShadowWerks(sp) if you want the best gains.

First thing... before you blow your engine... change those fucking Injectors!!! The Greddy Manifold supports Fatty Injectors... the Slims will push out the seal... Do a search on here its been discussed... some people have made Custom plates to hold the Injectors down... The Fuel Rail alone is not enough!!!

Second... Tomei Springs go with your mod list but not your power gains... A Single spring set-up is ok but will wear faster with solid lifters. Super Tech Dual Spring @ 103 lbs. is perfect because even after wear down its stronger then the Tomei!!!!!

-Drew
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #109
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Cool looking build so far. Can't wait to see it finished. Some of the posts in here crack me up. Like the guy with 22 posts, and half of them are in this thread whining and whining and whining about your choice in a clutch.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #110
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
I have nearly every bit of a build as you and these guys dont talk trash... its just the Zilvia Way if you haven't been a known player in the community!!!

Welcome to Zilvia!!!

When you get Dyno #'s please post and also who does your tune... I highly suggest ShadowWerks(sp) if you want the best gains.

First thing... before you blow your engine... change those fucking Injectors!!! The Greddy Manifold supports Fatty Injectors... the Slims will push out the seal... Do a search on here its been discussed... some people have made Custom plates to hold the Injectors down... The Fuel Rail alone is not enough!!!

Second... Tomei Springs go with your mod list but not your power gains... A Single spring set-up is ok but will wear faster with solid lifters. Super Tech Dual Spring @ 103 lbs. is perfect because even after wear down its stronger then the Tomei!!!!!

-Drew
Its the type B tomei springs dual, Ill search for the injectors failing on here. but the version 2 manifold probably fixes that problem. I wanted to use SARD rail.... but the greddy matches the engine theme. whats shadowworks? and as for people saying things.......Its all good.

No tune No life
Old 02-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #111
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Pencil Style Injectors DO NOT WORK OUT OF THE BOX, as they do not hold down the large rubber intake manifold gromets. You will need to create a plate to hold them in place.

Even then, you're now relying on the injector body itself as the seal with the rubber o ring. Sure it works, but it's not for the 'everyday' user. If I had to do it again, I'd just use the 72lbers and be done.

To create the plate, you will certainly need to make it removable. Simply 'welding' them shut with a plate will melt/ruin them.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #112
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Nice Build. I'm with Ifixi on the appearence thing...seems a bit 'odd'. Well put together, but just not to my personal preference if that makes sense.

The only thing in question to me, is the cam choice. With a top mount 30r, and the cubes, why did you decide against a 264 or even a 270 duration setup? With your parts, spinning it to 8000/8250/8500 would make sense, but those 260's aren't going to make the power that a set of larger duration cams will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPho4u View Post
Looks pretty damn impressive with all that Tomei stuff but then a spec clutch...
Why isn't that impressive? Spec's a very reputable company, and make some decent stuff. Plenty of guys with Stage 3 street setups without issue. Domestic wise, their stuff is great

Quote:
I would never put a gm engine in a Nissan. And for a rb26 im getting a r32 GTR in august. Im not a big fan of gross horsepower so no JZ's. Besides what would i do with a 1200hp 240sx? I just like the little sr.
As much as an LS fan that I am, I think that's a pretty good answer. I too am lik eyou...if 300+ ft lbs spins the tires, how could I go any faster with 400 ft lbs?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #113
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Tomei dont make a 264 in procam for the s14 sr w/valve timing. I could have went 270, but went for mid-powerband. guess next engine engine ill go bigger.

No tune No life
Old 02-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #114
blingbling
Zilvia Junkie

blingbling is an unknown quantity at this point
lol I LOVE when people take a look at a build that is 12351235123534565 x better than anything they could even think of doing to their car and then try to shitball your paint, clutch, or even attempt to tell you what to buy. Hahaha this car is filthy sick good work. Oh and a sponsorship typically involves you ROCKING THEIR PARTS.
blingbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #115
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
lol I LOVE when people take a look at a build that is 12351235123534565 x better than anything they could even think of doing to their car and then try to shitball your paint, clutch, or even attempt to tell you what to buy. Hahaha this car is filthy sick good work. Oh and a sponsorship typically involves you ROCKING THEIR PARTS.
Thanks. I do like spec....even before the sponsorship

No tune No life
Old 02-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #116
mike[pistonless]
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
mike[pistonless] is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
this is awsome all those people hating, are probably running godspeed crap and xxrs anyway hahaha
Old 02-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #117
blingbling
Zilvia Junkie

blingbling is an unknown quantity at this point
Whoa whoa whoa im about to buy some rotas D: I was saying don't hate in general lol its just especially bad when people as broke as me do.
blingbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #118
sylsevilsis
Leaky Injector

sylsevilsis is making a name for him/her selfsylsevilsis is making a name for him/her self
Props to you on your build. I've been using spec clutches for awhile now and have had no problems with it, and that's pho sho!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #119
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
The only thing I don't like about that car is the aftermarket sunroof. That's a major fail imo.
mewantkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #120
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewantkouki View Post
The only thing I don't like about that car is the aftermarket sunroof. That's a major fail imo.
^^Nice.

Heres some pictures of the body and some brake shots.

brakes

No tune No life