Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-03-2020, 05:55 PM   #1
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
The quality on this shifter is on point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-07-2020, 08:06 AM   #2
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Can anyone recommend a good trans mount/bracket? The serialnine kit doesn't come with one so I have to get that separate. Thanks
Old 02-11-2020, 05:15 PM   #3
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Anyone know the thread pitch and bolt length for the 2 bolts that hold the trans mount in place? Thanks

Old 06-07-2020, 07:42 PM   #4
ph1tnessjunk1e

Trader Rating: (0)
ph1tnessjunk1e is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Anyone know the thread pitch and bolt length for the 2 bolts that hold the trans mount in place? Thanks

Did you find this out? I didn't see a reply.

Quote:
Had to pull the engine and bash the shit outta the tunnel for a better fit. Here's the final placement of the shifter.
Looks great!!

I just got the engine (2JZ) and trans (CD009) installed today, however, the engine brackets won't quite sit right on the mounts. Anyways, I think it may be interfering in the trans tunnel, where did you bash?
ph1tnessjunk1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:37 PM   #5
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph1tnessjunk1e View Post
Did you find this out? I didn't see a reply.

Looks great!!

I just got the engine (2JZ) and trans (CD009) installed today, however, the engine brackets won't quite sit right on the mounts. Anyways, I think it may be interfering in the trans tunnel, where did you bash?

Yeah I don?t remember off the top of my head but I got some hardware from ACE that worked.

Basically bashed along that piece that goes around the tunnel (sheet metal tack welded on) just mash both side and the top flat. Should give you enough clearance. I did install my trans mount to make sure those holes didn?t shift though with all the bashing. Good luck

Old 06-07-2020, 08:39 PM   #6
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Yeah I don?t remember off the top of my head but I got some hardware from ACE that worked. I think they were M10x1.25

Basically bashed along that piece that goes around the tunnel (sheet metal tack welded on) just mash both side and the top flat. Should give you enough clearance. I did install my trans mount to make sure those holes didn?t shift though with all the bashing. Good luck

Old 02-12-2020, 06:07 AM   #7
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
So for folks with shifters which utilize the nylon shifter cup; has anyone experienced issues with the shifter popping out of the cup after a 1-2 or 2-3 or any shift?? It has happened several times now, and I am hoping it's not a design issue (I am on a Hook shifter) and it's just a worn out shifter cup.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:32 PM   #8
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
So for folks with shifters which utilize the nylon shifter cup; has anyone experienced issues with the shifter popping out of the cup after a 1-2 or 2-3 or any shift?? It has happened several times now, and I am hoping it's not a design issue (I am on a Hook shifter) and it's just a worn out shifter cup.
Sounds like a design issue or adjustment issue. GKtech also used the Nylon cup design and mine never popped out or had issues in that regard.

Is a "Hook" shifter the brand or what? Never heard of.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:14 PM   #9
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Sooooo....anyone??
Old 02-18-2020, 02:32 PM   #10
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Sooooo....anyone??
When I ran a plastic bush on a gktech shifter, the bush deformed and split...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 03:48 PM   #11
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

What are you guys doing with that vent on top of the trans?
Old 03-02-2020, 10:20 PM   #12
Sr20-Vert
Leaky Injector

Sr20-Vert is a well-known jackass
What clutches is everyone running with these Mazworx kits I got exedy twin disk and it feels horrible i get omost what feels like lockout first to second and second to third clutch rod is all the way extended in clutch master might be to much idk can’t figure it out brand new transmission should shift smooth this thing is lock out king
Sr20-Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:40 PM   #13
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr20-Vert View Post
What clutches is everyone running with these Mazworx kits I got exedy twin disk and it feels horrible i get omost what feels like lockout first to second and second to third clutch rod is all the way extended in clutch master might be to much idk can’t figure it out brand new transmission should shift smooth this thing is lock out king
When I did the mazworx kit I used an OsGiken TS2BD dampened twin disc clutch. Also used their specific throw out bearing and bearing carrier, as it’s different length than a single disc carrier.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:19 AM   #14
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
ATS twin plate carbon carbon. Will probably be up for sale in the next month or so if anyone wants it. Used with a Mazworx bell housing and standard SR20 clutch hardware (fork, clutch line, pivot and slave). Works perfectly!
Old 03-06-2020, 09:15 AM   #15
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:

I'm on clutchmasters fx850 twin. OS/Ogura is king though. What kind of clutch master cylinder are you using? if stock, it may not extend far enough depending on air gap between pp and throw out bearing.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:49 PM   #16
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

What kind of grease are you guys using for the clutch splines/throwout bearing? Also anyone got a writeup on how to properly set the TOB clearance and stroke?
Old 04-01-2020, 10:32 AM   #17
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Quote:
What kind of grease are you guys using for the clutch splines/throwout bearing? Also anyone got a writeup on how to properly set the TOB clearance and stroke?
I used molybdenum disulfide based grease. (Moly-Kote)
FSM for SR20 transmission calls for it on the release bearing sleeve, pilot bushing and pivot ball.

Quote:
Quick question for you CD009 guys. If I fill my trans with fluid without having a drive shaft in will it leak out?
It will not. I even lowered the trans to install shifter in car, driveshaft out, still didn't leak
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:44 AM   #18
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
I used molybdenum disulfide based grease. (Moly-Kote)

FSM for SR20 transmission calls for it on the release bearing sleeve, pilot bushing and pivot ball.

It will not. I even lowered the trans to install shifter in car, driveshaft out, still didn't leak

Word! Thanks for that feedback!

Old 03-04-2020, 04:39 PM   #19
240msh
Zilvia Member

240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known
Anyone using the a340 kit with a serial nine shifter in a s14 or even s13? Also if anyone is using a340, hows the t56 slave setup working for you? (drifting not just normal driving)
Old 03-04-2020, 10:56 PM   #20
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240msh View Post
Anyone using the a340 kit with a serial nine shifter in a s14 or even s13? Also if anyone is using a340, hows the t56 slave setup working for you? (drifting not just normal driving)

From looking at my R154 & CD009 side by side on the ground it looks like the serialnine shifter is dead on. Should be in next weekend. I can give you better feedback then

Old 03-05-2020, 07:11 AM   #21
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdeath View Post
When I ran a plastic bush on a gktech shifter, the bush deformed and split...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I think the OEM based setup is a little different. The shifter bushing itelf is brass. However, the shifter sits in a plastic cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
Sounds like a design issue or adjustment issue. GKtech also used the Nylon cup design and mine never popped out or had issues in that regard.

Is a "Hook" shifter the brand or what? Never heard of.
Hoke (I spelled it incorrectly initially) was a small scale company. However, the guy closed down shop about a year ago to focus on family
https://hokeperformance.squarespace....-shifter-mount

Either way, I ordered a BNIB cup from Z1. We will see how it goes
Old 03-10-2020, 12:13 PM   #22
240msh
Zilvia Member

240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
From looking at my R154 & CD009 side by side on the ground it looks like the serialnine shifter is dead on. Should be in next weekend. I can give you better feedback then

Forsure I’ve searched it up I’m thinking it’ll be dead on too, let me know tho man! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2020, 08:18 PM   #23
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Forsure I’ve searched it up I’m thinking it’ll be dead on too, let me know tho man! Thanks

I had to trim the shifter hole to make this thing fit. This trans is MASSIVE in the S13. Literally zero room in the trans tunnel

Old 03-15-2020, 08:01 PM   #24
240msh
Zilvia Member

Quote:
I had to trim the shifter hole to make this thing fit. This trans is MASSIVE in the S13. Literally zero room in the trans tunnel

Thanks for getting back to me! Damn looks like I’m gonna have to do the same thing. My trans is in the exact same spot, Thanks man

Old 03-22-2020, 08:23 PM   #25
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
Quote:
Also if anyone is using a340, hows the t56 slave setup working for you? (drifting not just normal driving)
Man, I have the same question.

How does the stock t56 slave hold up to drifting. It would suck having to pull the transmission out just to upgrade to a tilton hydraulic slave.
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:31 PM   #26
240msh
Zilvia Member

The everything cd009 swap thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways2004 View Post
Man, I have the same question.

How does the stock t56 slave hold up to drifting. It would suck having to pull the transmission out just to upgrade to a tilton hydraulic slave.

I?ll let you know when Im done with my swap haha

Old 03-10-2020, 12:11 PM   #27
240msh
Zilvia Member

Old 03-17-2020, 06:40 AM   #28
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

^^ Spam poster. He is seemingly banned so that's that...
Old 03-17-2020, 08:40 AM   #29
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
^^ Spam poster. He is seemingly banned so that's that...
Yeah, the banned noticed doesn't show on Tapatalk. I see it now on the website though. Must be one of those trying to get post counts up to spam the marketplace.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:50 PM   #30
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quick question for you CD009 guys. If I fill my trans with fluid without having a drive shaft in will it leak out?