Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-21-2015, 03:02 PM   #1621
sik240breh
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
sik240breh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbpwrd240 View Post
Okay whos the jerk that went in over $220 USD on that nismo knob!!!! I was the jerk pushing you up.....

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/n147729239
that would be me
sik240breh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2015, 03:56 PM   #1622
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Okay whos the jerk that went in over $220 USD on that nismo knob!!!! I was the jerk pushing you up.....

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/n147729239

Oh man, and here we have the downfalls of posting links for items that you're interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
Commenting to look back to when I need some new wheels.

As far as buying wheels in japan vs buying in the states is there a huge difference? Should I just look around here for some cheap vsxx or rays te's or should I look into shipping from japan?

I find that it's cheaper to purchase from Japan when the wheels are more expensive.

I just bought a set of 57D's and saved about $400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 03:58 PM   #1623
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I think my rezax cost me $375-400 ended up being about $700 landed stateside. It's all about finding a good deal. There are some wheels that seem like a good deal but after you add all the fees and shippings it turns out you could've spent just a little more and got them stateside with much less wait.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:21 PM   #1624
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
rbpwrd240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Oh man, and here we have the downfalls of posting links for items that you're interested in.
I waited to post till the auction was a loss for me. I was trying to keep my mouth shut on that one. Looks like Im not the only one. I backed out at over 220 bucks.
rbpwrd240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:27 PM   #1625
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer98 View Post
I have warned many of you about the shill bidding on there lots of gangters on yj now FYI. Gotta watch out on things like this.
Pft Thats BS... Shill bid your cute.

I wanted that knob!!!! Couldnt believe someone wanted it more then me. If they were going to get it they were gunna pay for it but my bid was no shill bid I assure you. I was bidding through streeter....

Also one of these went on here for $150 plus shipping recently and I didnt see anyone complaining about the price then..... I agree over $220 is insane for that knob especialy since you still ahve bank fees, comission fees, paypal fees and shipping fees but its how bad you want it when you got the cash. For me I didnt want it $300 bucks bad.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:18 PM   #1626
Stiveno
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Stiveno is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Dhl was only an extra $30 for the pair of wheels I got through streeter. I'd go with dhl every time lol, came in 2 days.
Stiveno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:02 PM   #1627
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up for Streeter, awesome service so far and excellent communication! Can't wait for my brand spanking new item to arrive!
hybrid_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:16 PM   #1628
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid_eg View Post
Thumbs up for Streeter, awesome service so far and excellent communication! Can't wait for my brand spanking new item to arrive!
better not be a nismo shift knob!!!!
Old 08-21-2015, 07:22 PM   #1629
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Don't worry I'm not into hardcore Nissan shit, I'm waiting for a transmission so I can go back to the dyno!
hybrid_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:34 PM   #1630
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
I waited to post till the auction was a loss for me. I was trying to keep my mouth shut on that one. Looks like Im not the only one. I backed out at over 220 bucks.
It was me. My r32 had one on it in pics when it was sold to me. Low and behold it wasn't on the car when I received it. Waiting to see what else may be missing when I get home. Seemed like karma when I got on yahoo and there was one. When it comes to nismo shit I want, you will never win lol. I had 350 on it. I bid ridiculous to win. Got that brand new blue letter leather steering wheel with old school nismo horn button to.

You know whats funny is.....I'm in three rivers texas right now building a compressor station. You're like an hour from me lol. Also no one pushed me up, I had 350 on that since day one lol. I bid it and forget it. I just wait for the confirmation email from Jesse lol.

EDIT: sorry bro, I bid on a different one. It only went for 20k yen. Sorry for you loss. Once I actually looked at your link I realized the one I bid on was in way better shape.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:21 PM   #1631
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
It was me. My r32 had one on it in pics when it was sold to me. Low and behold it wasn't on the car when I received it. Waiting to see what else may be missing when I get home. Seemed like karma when I got on yahoo and there was one. When it comes to nismo shit I want, you will never win lol. I had 350 on it. I bid ridiculous to win. Got that brand new blue letter leather steering wheel with old school nismo horn button to.

You know whats funny is.....I'm in three rivers texas right now building a compressor station. You're like an hour from me lol. Also no one pushed me up, I had 350 on that since day one lol. I bid it and forget it. I just wait for the confirmation email from Jesse lol.

EDIT: sorry bro, I bid on a different one. It only went for 20k yen. Sorry for you loss. Once I actually looked at your link I realized the one I bid on was in way better shape.
Hey bro help a brother out. PM me the search info. Id appreciate it. I only found one for sale.

Glad you got what you needed. I saw the wheel but I already have a leather OEM wheel for S14. I guess Ill have to fall back on my OEM leather Autech knob.....

I bid up to 220 and had the lead for a while on my knob.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:05 PM   #1632
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Hey bro help a brother out. PM me the search info. Id appreciate it. I only found one for sale.

Glad you got what you needed. I saw the wheel but I already have a leather OEM wheel for S14. I guess Ill have to fall back on my OEM leather Autech knob.....

I bid up to 220 and had the lead for a while on my knob.
yea its kind of funny, I only saw one also. That is why I thought it was the same one. But once I clicked your link I was like its different. Just had to be random luck that two were up at the same time. I don't normally search for shift knobs, but I know these old school logo one's have to be rare. Mine said:

"Nismo made leather shift knob. It had been attached to the skyline RS of 1983 type.
But it had kept as spare parts for more than 10 years it was decided to dispose of because there is no destined to be used.
Since not finely check poem When exhibited no claim no return, please. It will exhibit at the place cheap."

The only reason I bought it is because it fits the gtr interior very well and it already had one in pics.

Lesson for old rare nismo.....bid almost double what you really think its worth. Nismo has a hardcore fan base. Lots of them have money also, so they will pay big for stuff that is not so common in good shape. I damn near spent 1 grand on some damn floor mats.....

Yea I already have a nismo wheel also, I just wanted this one for new-ness factor. I'll just throw the old one on the 240 and probably sell my tomei.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:07 PM   #1633
nissan180sxer
Zilvia Junkie

nissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
lol i was the first bidder on that at 500 yen, then checked back a few days later it got to $200+
nissan180sxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:32 PM   #1634
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
just got these ganadors in the mail today after purchasing on yaj. about 20k shipped iirc.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:31 PM   #1635
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
just got these ganadors in the mail today after purchasing on yaj. about 20k shipped iirc.

20K? So it was 180 bucks if that was yen or it was way too much in cash... lol
Old 08-22-2015, 12:00 AM   #1636
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Shred - tech !!!!
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 05:37 AM   #1637
razmus
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
razmus has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
Thats a badass deal. All the ones I find are 25K+ before the auction even ends.
razmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:29 AM   #1638
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
My friend I usually use couldn't get funds transferred in time. The auction was ending soon so 3am (4pm his time) I sent streeter an email to bid.... Not seeing his response I got on Buyee to make sure I didn't lose the auction. Bid up to just below my max bid. Woke up to see the email from streeter saying the bid was placed... So I spent last night bidding against myself and doubling the item price....
FUCKn shit. Hopefully I win it at this point haha
Old 08-22-2015, 08:36 AM   #1639
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

I find that it's cheaper to purchase from Japan when the wheels are more expensive.

I just bought a set of 57D's and saved about $400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im looking to spend around 900-1200 on some type of three piece wheels. I know "threepiece" sells wheels but if I want some sp1s or vsxxs that will cost around 2-3k for a decent set. Would the prices over in japan with shipping be cheaper than what they are selling for? Havent look around much on yaj since ive been using just english words but ill look around more when im home.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:41 AM   #1640
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

With fees and shipping you wont get sp1's you may be able to get an okay set of vsxx
But don't go into it with the expectation you going to be scoring a set 18x9 +15 18x10 +12 with 4inch lips
Old 08-22-2015, 09:13 AM   #1641
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
What about something like this and get it cheap with bidding? Then I could send it for powdercoating and barrels cleaned up and relip them myself. Curious to what fees and shipping would cost? Im close to miami so im right next to a port.

http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=b174415886
http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=l299543538
http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=195953240

I wouldnt even mind getting these even though there not miesters
http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=x398571261
Old 08-22-2015, 10:19 AM   #1642
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
20K? So it was 180 bucks if that was yen or it was way too much in cash... lol
the auction ended at 13.4k yen, then after fees and shipping to me it was about 20k yen. so about $165.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:32 AM   #1643
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Are post like these legit? Seems too good to be true that 4 set of vsxxs are 386 and then on the side bar it calculates the shipping to be around 500 bucks shipping?? There is no way they are that cheap.

http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=p287848104
Old 08-22-2015, 10:41 AM   #1644
razmus
Zilvia Junkie

I saw a pair of 17x7 VSXX go for (roughly) $79 USD. Perfect for rebuild as the faces were in very good shape.

Buy some weak spec wheels and build to your specs.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:43 AM   #1645
razmus
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Are post like these legit? Seems too good to be true that 4 set of vsxxs are 386 and then on the side bar it calculates the shipping to be around 500 bucks shipping?? There is no way they are that cheap.

http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=p287848104

BTW thats for ONE wheel. Says it in the description, quantity: 1. More than 0, less than 2.

ninja edit, you're seeing 4H as in 4x114.3 as in 4 lug.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:02 AM   #1646
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by razmus View Post
BTW thats for ONE wheel. Says it in the description, quantity: 1. More than 0, less than 2.

ninja edit, you're seeing 4H as in 4x114.3 as in 4 lug.
Well at the title it says 4 pcs @ and I know the quantity was 1 but when I looked at wheels the majority of them said 1 which Im guessing is just a group thing or the seller was too lazy to put 4 lol. So im hoping that it would be a 4 set, im most likely wrong lmao
Old 08-22-2015, 12:43 PM   #1647
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
What about something like this and get it cheap with bidding? Then I could send it for powdercoating and barrels cleaned up and relip them myself. Curious to what fees and shipping would cost? Im close to miami so im right next to a port.

http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=b174415886
http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=l299543538
http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=195953240

I wouldnt even mind getting these even though there not miesters
http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=x398571261
2/3 links here are not meisters. They are work termist and not a true 3 piece like meisters
Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:46 PM   #1648
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
Commenting to look back to when I need some new wheels.

As far as buying wheels in japan vs buying in the states is there a huge difference? Should I just look around here for some cheap vsxx or rays te's or should I look into shipping from japan?
Difference is picking up and spending to much. . Shop around you will find a deal. You can buy all of the test parts you want but when larger orders are placed things can go bad. been there done it many times.
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:06 PM   #1649
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
The hype for Ganador mirrors is REAL. I haven't seen prices this high ever...

Ugh figures since I'm looking for a set right?

Quote:
Im looking to spend around 900-1200 on some type of three piece wheels. I know "threepiece" sells wheels but if I want some sp1s or vsxxs that will cost around 2-3k for a decent set. Would the prices over in japan with shipping be cheaper than what they are selling for? Havent look around much on yaj since ive been using just english words but ill look around more when im home.
SP1's? Not so much... VSXX's you might be able to find something decent if you keep looking.

For me it was cheaper purchasing rims directly from Rays in Japan then to deal with local vendors.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:08 PM   #1650
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
The hype for Ganador mirrors is REAL. I haven't seen prices this high ever...

Ugh figures since I'm looking for a set right?
in the used market here in the us, ive been seeing them go for 450 usd. crazu

just got mine and they are quite sick tho