Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
elfenguard911
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
elfenguard911 is on the path to ruinelfenguard911 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
awd s13

is it possible to use the rb26dett awd trans and everything to make a s13 awd. using the proper front axles needed and so forth. does anyone know someone whos done this already since it does seem slightly feesible?? curious cuz i found an old skyline in the states that has this and would like to make a new project but dont like to spend money on unneeded parts.
elfenguard911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
louisdaboois
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
louisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
there was a guy who did that with an s14 a while ago. pretty bad ass... had 2 e-brake handles. one controlled the brakes and the other controlled the transfer case and he could change between rwd to awd. obviously took massive amounts of money
louisdaboois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:03 AM   #3
jdizzy204
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
jdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
theres a lot more involved than just the tranny to getting awd on an s chassis. by the time its done, you would have been able to buy a r32 for the amount of money spent. if u have the patience/skill/money/resources to do it, go for it but any average joe cant do it. also look into full race's r14
jdizzy204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #4
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
^What he said.

I know full race was going to possibly be doing drop awd swap kits or installs. Not sure if that happened, but, it was around 20k+
Old 03-27-2008, 02:58 PM   #5
lost_generation
Leaky Injector

lost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nice
full race has a setup for the s14...13k iirc, but they DONT install... so you have to go though everything yourself

s13 is quite different from s14's, but i'm sure with some innovation and mechanical skills, it could be accomplished
lost_generation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #6
jrbump
Zilvia Addict

jrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond repute
We have a guy here in Salem that has done it. AWD yes, no atessa just yet though.

There are pics of it on northwestnissans.com somewhere, I am looking.
jrbump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:39 PM   #7
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
If you want awd just buy a skyline. Or better yet buy an evo or a wrx.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #8
jrbump
Zilvia Addict

jrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond repute

jrbump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:45 PM   #9
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Waste of money.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:18 AM   #10
ichibans13

ichibans13 will become famous soon enoughichibans13 will become famous soon enoughichibans13 will become famous soon enoughichibans13 will become famous soon enoughichibans13 will become famous soon enough
Seems more of a "gee whiz" project than anything else. With the amount of money sunk into that, I'd put a nice hefty down payment on a sweet ass house.

You'd be better off doing a regular SR or RB swap. No offense, but if you have to ask that kind of question, chances are, you're not capable of doing it on your own.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:40 AM   #11
elfenguard911
Zilvia Member

yea ive looked more around and i may aswell just get a good condition skyline instead of buying a salvage one.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:41 AM   #12
elfenguard911
Zilvia Member

<<<<<<<<<<<<end>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 03-31-2008, 02:33 PM   #13
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
what is a rough estimated price total for an awd setup? seems to me that if you want an awd application..buy an awd application.
aziankingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:59 PM   #14
i need tires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
i need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to i need tires
like 12k Full Race offers it for the s14 thats NOT installed.. NOT including the engine either

dumb idea IMO
Old 03-31-2008, 05:18 PM   #15
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
i dont believe in making the s-chassis AWD. but im not gonna hate on it.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:18 PM   #16
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
any welding or modifications to the chassis required?
SinisterSntra91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:22 PM   #17
i need tires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
i need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to i need tires
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSntra91 View Post
any welding or modifications to the chassis required?
of course man its a car shit isnt just plug and play when you get into something that extensive
Old 04-04-2008, 02:14 PM   #18
ESone3
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (15)
ESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
i'm thinking if you have the fabrication skillz and axcess to an entire R32 front end, it shouldn't be that hard.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #19
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESone3 View Post
i'm thinking if you have the fabrication skillz and axcess to an entire R32 front end, it shouldn't be that hard.
and the entire atteza system which major components are located in the trunk.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:57 PM   #20
errolorion
Leaky Injector

errolorion has made poor choiceserrolorion has made poor choiceserrolorion has made poor choiceserrolorion has made poor choiceserrolorion has made poor choiceserrolorion has made poor choiceserrolorion has made poor choices
all i have to say is good luck and dont plan on driving it anytime soon
errolorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #21
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfenguard911 View Post
is it possible to use the rb26dett awd trans and everything to make a s13 awd. using the proper front axles needed and so forth. does anyone know someone whos done this already since it does seem slightly feesible?? curious cuz i found an old skyline in the states that has this and would like to make a new project but dont like to spend money on unneeded parts.

and that right there my friends is where he fails!