Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-06-2015, 07:49 AM   #421
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_Monster View Post
Damn that sucks! What computer were you running? What were your add'so like?
Enthalpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewantkouki View Post
You guys popping ka's on rom tuned ecu's are doing something wrong. My car ran for 3 years on an enthalpy tune. Completely stock engine precision hp5862 @ nothing lower than 15psi.
Rings blew because a bad maf was causing it to run the wrong AFRs and it built up a ton of pressure before finally leaning out to go.

It's going to get fixed now.

Doing it wrong: Running ISIS parts.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2015, 07:59 AM   #422
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
No wideband?
mewantkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:27 AM   #423
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
congratulations. Not everyone has good luck with engines or rom tunes.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:25 PM   #424
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewantkouki View Post
No wideband?
I got one after the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenrapids View Post
congratulations. Not everyone has good luck with engines or rom tunes.
Totally agree with this.

For reference I built a KA-T S13 back in 2006(?)

It had nothing but the turbo kit. No boost gauge, no water temp gauge, no afr reader and it ran GREAT.

Stock everything with a turbo slapped on. Same set up with different parts.

Enthalpy tune same set up as I have now.

I never blew it never had an issue. It's fine, I'm not crying about it.

Old 04-06-2015, 04:34 PM   #425
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
+10000
for enthalpy
Old 04-06-2015, 08:02 PM   #426
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I have emance right now but I'm considering going JWT. …hmm
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Touge_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:55 PM   #427
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
gonna leave this here
obd1 dudes
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/m...ans-p-504.html

and OBD2 cats
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/m...ans-p-541.html
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:54 PM   #428
goldens14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
goldens14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Heres my setup 👍[ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: png uploadfromtaptalk1428468876102.png (393.8 KB, 159 views)
goldens14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:26 AM   #429
Tignometry
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Tignometry will become famous soon enoughTignometry will become famous soon enoughTignometry will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Anybody selling parts from their setup or have extra parts? (ie s15 smic w/piping, manifold w/heatshield +turbo)?
Tignometry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:45 PM   #430
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^nope, not a single person is selling their parts...
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:55 PM   #431
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
^^Incorrect, I am...just too lazy to post in for sale section and too many flakes on SD CL.
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:58 PM   #432
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Please PM me how you guys in cali smog your cars? I doubt I'll pass visual with a stock KA and a tomei adjustable FPR.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:12 PM   #433
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Just go back to stock. Doesn't take that long to swap your fpr with a stock one.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:59 PM   #434
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

I would not have an external FPR if I had a good functioning stock FPR. I'll get an eBay cheapo FPR just for smog check.

So if you fail visual you don't pass smog.
So if I swap back to stock, pass visual, swap back, and get pulled over and cop checks my hood too see a FPR and says "that's not stock" and I say " that's how it was whenI passed my smog visual. I shop x passed me." It seems as though whether my statement is true or not to the cop, the shop would not be held accountable for anything, even if they illegally passed my visual?

So these smog places can just fuck you over if they want by passing your visual knowingly that if you get pulled over you are responsible for all illegal modifications, all the smog inspection place has to say is "he did it after we passed him". What's the system in place to keep that from happening?
Old 06-04-2015, 04:13 PM   #435
Young Sileighty Kev
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
Young Sileighty Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Fresh rebuilt ka

ARC smic

Sr manifold w/ heat shield and t25

S15 480cc injectors

But still so much to learn and do.
Young Sileighty Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:15 PM   #436
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

What you do to your motor is on you. I assume responsibility for anything I've done, and so should anyone else. If you're running a stock motor and don't drive like a nut job, a cop would have no reason to pull you over in the first place. But if you have an obnoxious mods that put you out of place then expect your chances of getting pulled over to be a lot higher.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:14 PM   #437
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Yes I agree 100% with that statement. I just can't comprehend the purpose of the visual inspection when all the responsibility relies on the owner. It's just a ploy to make more money for the state I guess since you have to pay for the inspection whether you pass or not.

Does everyone with a non stock motor swaps everything back each year to pass visual?
Old 06-04-2015, 05:56 PM   #438
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Either pay for a legit smog or pay for a "smog".
Old 06-05-2015, 08:59 AM   #439
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Please PM me how you guys in cali smog your cars? I doubt I'll pass visual with a stock KA and a tomei adjustable FPR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0nderbr3ad View Post
Either pay for a legit smog or pay for a "smog".
This x1000 either put it back to stock, smog it and put it all back in. Or find a hook.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:12 AM   #440
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Wish me luck finding a hookup! I'll just get a cheap stock FPR and hollow it out just to make it look like I have a stock one on while running the adjustable FPR in the trunk or by the gas tank. Sure I'll have a mile of vacuum hose running to the back of the car lol

Oh the horrible ideas one comes up with while trying not to assume the California tax payers position.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:43 PM   #441
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

What set up do you have that requires adjustable FPR?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Off topic, I'm in search of an SR manifold converted to KA-T manifold.

Has anyone seen one posted up for sale or have one for sale?

Old 06-05-2015, 01:08 PM   #442
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
What set up do you have that requires adjustable FPR?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Off topic, I'm in search of an SR manifold converted to KA-T manifold.

Has anyone seen one posted up for sale or have one for sale?
When I lived in the land of the Texas, I could have anything I wanted under the hood without issues. My stock FPR failed and I got a New Tomei external one for a few dollars more than a replacement would cost. Then life happened that landed my ass in California where the Prius infestation is out of control! It is a stock KA that I wanted to eventually do a Stock looking T-25 with an SR manifold converted to KA ect, so as parts failed I replaced them with parts I would use for the miniature build.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:40 PM   #443
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
When I lived in the land of the Texas, I could have anything I wanted under the hood without issues. My stock FPR failed and I got a New Tomei external one for a few dollars more than a replacement would cost. Then life happened that landed my ass in California where the Prius infestation is out of control! It is a stock KA that I wanted to eventually do a Stock looking T-25 with an SR manifold converted to KA ect, so as parts failed I replaced them with parts I would use for the miniature build.
Oh I understand now...

Old 06-07-2015, 06:48 AM   #444
Harrythook

Trader Rating: (1)
Harrythook is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Had a garbage can for a hood, so put a Seibon TT on it, so much for sleeper. T28 in 2 weeks, waiting on last parts. Good learning curve for the kid, gotta learn how to build before the tires smoke....
Harrythook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:40 PM   #445
Young Sileighty Kev
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
Young Sileighty Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
(Sorry for instapic)

So one thing I wanna get out of the way is getting flanges off the sr manifold swapped. Emailed StreetFaction but don't blame them for not replying since they moved into a new shop and are bombarded with many clients. Where have most of you guys gone to get such work done? Price? Strength of the welds? Any Reputable shops? Pm me
Young Sileighty Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:15 AM   #446
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Sileighty Kev View Post
(Sorry for instapic)

So one thing I wanna get out of the way is getting flanges off the sr manifold swapped. Emailed StreetFaction but don't blame them for not replying since they moved into a new shop and are bombarded with many clients. Where have most of you guys gone to get such work done? Price? Strength of the welds? Any Reputable shops? Pm me
I've contacted CodyAce about doing mine in the past. I hit him up recently since the one I have has developed a crack and I'm swapping out the turbo this month.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:34 AM   #447
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Mine was done at jspfab.com and is holding up well. Due to the reason the manifold is cast and he welded a non cast flange to it he couldn't guarantee it won't crack. I think most places will have this issue though.
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Touge_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:09 AM   #448
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Do you guys really not have any notable people that can fab around you? Maybe I'm spoiled? I can think of 3 friends from good medium to okay quality. Penny stack welds/costly from two shops. And a couple side ball places that could do it. It's gotta be $50 in shipping and I'd bet for $100 I could have the best local fab person do it.
Just baffles me when people say they're going to ship a manifold out for welding
Old 06-15-2015, 05:32 PM   #449
tauntdevil
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
tauntdevil is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
Do you guys really not have any notable people that can fab around you? Maybe I'm spoiled? I can think of 3 friends from good medium to okay quality. Penny stack welds/costly from two shops. And a couple side ball places that could do it. It's gotta be $50 in shipping and I'd bet for $100 I could have the best local fab person do it.
Just baffles me when people say they're going to ship a manifold out for welding
I dont know if you know this but they are attempting to weld cast and non cast together. Cast isnt easily weldable and does not hold together very weld. Anyone can weld it but its a 60% chance it will crack again even when doing the heat process that is needed for cast. Just a fyi so you understand where the issue comes from.

S14 KA NA two cylinders, 75whp limper
tauntdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:31 PM   #450
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Is cast to cast easily weldable? Aka SR20 OEM manifold AND KA OEM flange chopped off a stock headers?