Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Forced Induction

Old 03-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #1
statRacing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (0)
statRacing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gizzmo Boost Controllers - All new boost controllers

$225.40 ON SALE

Order here: Gizzmo Boost Controller

Gizzmo IBC: Intelligent Boost Controller - p/n G0920

Four Boost Memories
Adjustable boost up to 2bar (29lb)
Fast RISC Processor Technology
Real Time Digital Boost Gauge
Extruded Alloy case
Simple 2-wire installation
Suits internal or External Wastegates
Comes complete with all Hoses and Fitting

The Gizzmo IBC (Intelligent Boost Controller) represents the ultimate in accurate, simple to operate, and easy to install Computerized Boost Controller. Because all the thinking is done inside the IBC, You will not require an Engineering Degree to operate or fit it (Promise!). With the Gizzmo IBC’S precision 29Lb MAP sensor, high speed RISC processor and powerful MOSFET solenoid driver, and the fastest, most powerful solenoid you can assured that your Gizzmo IBC has the quality, resolution and accuracy that you need for your turbocharged vehicle.

$299.99 ON SALE

Order here: Gizzmo Boost Controller

Gizzmo MS-IBC: Multi-Scramble Intelligent Boost Controller p/n G0921

Adjustable boost up to 50lb (3.5bar)
Multi Scramble Boost Control
Remote Scramble/Boost Memory button facility
Over-Boost warning
Selectable open/closed loop boost control
6 Boost Memories
40mhz High Speed RISC Processor
Black Extruded Aluminum case
Blue 7 segment LED display
White backlit buttons
Real Time digital boost gauge
Simple 2-Wire Installation
Suits Internal or External Wastegates
Comes complete with all fittings
In developing the MS-IBC Boost Controller, the aim was to design and engineer a boost controller that would cater to the serious drag racing professional, whilst still being quite at home on the streets. We succeeded.

Dsport Magazine Hit's 1,031 Horsepower with the MS-IBC!

The MS-IBC Boost Controller is packed with the serious features that can be utilized in the real world of drag racing like 3.5 bar of boost control, a clear digital boost gauge with an over boost warning and a remote Facility to either toggle the high speed boost change memories or operate the Gizzmo Multi-Scramble feature.

Gizzmo’s Multi-Scramble Boost Controller takes the conventional scramble feature one step further. A conventional scramble allows the user, upon pressing a button, to set a fixed amount of over boost and time duration e.g. 3lb extra for 5sec. Gizzmo’s Multi-Scramble function allows the user to operate the button again before the scramble time has completed adding the same amount of boost again and refreshing the time duration.

All of this plus closed/open loop modes packed into a great looking boost controller that is so easy to fit and operate.
statRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2008, 01:51 PM   #2
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I seen this in one of the dsport magazines. Price is not bad as well.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:18 PM   #3
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Anyone have any experience with these? Im in the market for a boost controller right now.

I need one that will allow me to spool as early as possible, never spike or creep on me, and be easy to maintain and use. Reliability is the key here. I dont want a bunch of crazy features or anything. Just a "set it and forget it" boost controller with no frills, and just perfect performance.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
can you get then IBC in black.....

im thinking of getting this instead of the Greddy profec II
Old 03-03-2008, 04:20 PM   #5
BoostinGST
Zilvia Addict

BoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant future
for anyone that doesnt know this already gizzmo products are made by apex`i so their quality doesnt need to be questioned.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #6
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinGST View Post
for anyone that doesnt know this already gizzmo products are made by apex`i so their quality doesnt need to be questioned.
From what i have read, Gizzmo products are just distributed by Apexi, and still made by Gizzmo. Still that says alot, that Apexi wanted to be the distributor for these products.

I just want some first hand experience. Because from what i have read on the companies website, it sounds like what i am looking for. But before i go and spend a couple hundred dollars on a company i have never heard of up until today, i'd like to hear some first hand real world users.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:14 PM   #7
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Only time i actually heard from the user like i said was in the dsport magazine. I dont know anyone running there products. Price wise its not so bad i save myself 200 if i decide to go with this over hks. but then it kill my whole hks set up interior wise. God i hate being a label whore....
Old 03-03-2008, 06:49 PM   #8
Jpooks_S13
Leaky Injector

Jpooks_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
do these read only in bar?or bar and psi?
Jpooks_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:37 PM   #9
statRacing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpooks_S13 View Post
do these read only in bar?or bar and psi?
They can be toggled between bar or psi

lights are green in the IBC, blue in the MS-IBC
Case is aluminum/silver in the IBC, black for the MS-IBC (i.e. no real options on colors)

Hope this helps guys!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #10
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

So far this seems to be what i am looking for, do you have any experience with these units yourself at all? What can you tell me about the performance? I cant take a risk overboosting, and popping my motor.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #11
portion
Leaky Injector

portion is an unknown quantity at this point
i am interested as well to know anyones first hand experience..
only thing i've found was this
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/powe...ontroller.html
portion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #12
AutoUSA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

AutoUSA is on the path to ruinAutoUSA is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenkiS14 View Post
So far this seems to be what i am looking for, do you have any experience with these units yourself at all? What can you tell me about the performance? I cant take a risk overboosting, and popping my motor.
We don't have any experience with this unit ourselves, but have heard nothing but positive reviews from our customers. As with any boost controller, it can't guarantee against overboosting, that would have to do with many factors.
AutoUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #13
portion
Leaky Injector

btw how much is shipping to 33194? for the IBC
Old 03-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #14
statRacing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by portion View Post
btw how much is shipping to 33194? for the IBC
Shipping will be around $10. You can add the item to cart, and then type in your zipcode. Both models are in stock.

Thanks guys
Old 03-04-2008, 05:44 PM   #15
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
Gizzmo products are badass. My buddys use their stuff, and love it. If you have the cash, spend it on Gizzmo.

-Bart
DJ_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #16
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Sunrise View Post
Gizzmo products are badass. My buddys use their stuff, and love it. If you have the cash, spend it on Gizzmo.

-Bart
Any more info other than "they're badass" ?
Old 03-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #17
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
Good quality stuff, issue free. Clean, easy to install and reliable.

-Bart
DJ_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:14 AM   #18
statRacing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Sunrise View Post
Good quality stuff, issue free. Clean, easy to install and reliable.

-Bart
Thanks for the reviews guys... all of your orders have shipped btw!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:44 PM   #19
statRacing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Thanks for your orders everyone!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:41 PM   #20
hstylez
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
hstylez is on the path to ruinhstylez is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm hoping some people will post reviews. These look pretty nice.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:34 PM   #21
statRacing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Please post your reviews when available guys! THanks!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:38 AM   #22
statRacing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Hi everyone. Here is a review from one of our customers with a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?p=5371270

Hope you find it useful!
Old 03-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #23
reccakun08
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
reccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Taken from import tuner site.

Power Pages - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR

Gizzmo MS-IBC Multi Scramble Boost Controller

Pros
The Gizzmo MS-IBC boost controller is jam-packed with multiple features including six boost memory options with individual gain settings, scramble time (1-100 seconds), scramble duty (1 to 100 percent), overboost protection and warning, and an easy-to-read blue LED display. Typical boost controllers have a scramble boost which can be used only once when hitting the trigger button. Unique to the Gizzmos options are a trick scramble boost feature that can extend overboost time to add the same amount of boost time and refresh the original timer duration with a simple press of the included button. For our testing purpose, this power page is to showcase the advantage of using a boost controller to minimize the boost drop-off that's commonly associated with the Evolution and its stock boost solenoid.

Cons
We loved what the Gizzmo was able to accomplish, but in truth, we hated the fact that many of the vacuum lines and barb fittings were excessively large in comparison to our factory turbo actuator. Making numerous trips to our beloved "hose man," we purchased a few brass reducers to accommodate the various sized vaccume lines. Another problem we came across was the less-than-ideal wiring harness that called for some added wire and solder to lengthen to purposely fit the controller further than what was originally intended by the manufacterers.
reccakun08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #24
statRacing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

This boost controller also has multiple memory settings.

They both have memory storage, the IBC has 4 and the MS-IBC has 6. You can switch between memory for different boost settings.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #25
portion
Leaky Injector

anyone bought this here so they can review? i'm still scrambling money to buy this but a heads up review would be great
Old 03-12-2008, 10:23 PM   #26
statRacing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Thanks for your orders guys, all boost controllers have shipped!
Old 03-14-2008, 09:58 PM   #27
statRacing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Have a great weekend guys!
Old 03-15-2008, 12:33 AM   #28
driftage240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
driftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftage240
price picked up?

Misty blu is coming 4 you!
driftage240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:16 AM   #29
statRacing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote: