Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Forced Induction

Old 09-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #31
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
We have black couplers arriving in about a week and oranage couplers are in stock now.
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #32
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Installed. Overall impressions.

I love the quality of the kit and all the parts. The core is seriously bad ass, thick and quality. The piping fits perfect and the couplers and tbolts all are top notch.

The kit install was a lot more difficult than I anticipated by reading online. Yes the headlight motors had to be removed and the headlight buckets needed to be modified to fit around the core. The headlight brackets had to also be trimmed slightly as well as the radiator support. Also at least on mine, the side brackets didn't fit at all so we just cut them off.

Here are some pics of it installed. I have yet to finish the new headlight brackets, but they are super sick and ready to go in.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:32 AM   #33
m3_il
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
m3_il is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Idk if this has been asked yet, but does it fit with a s15 front end swap?
m3_il is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:54 AM   #34
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Lookin good pimp flex, keep us updated on your headlights, turbo response and water temps.

JDM Silvia 13, 14, 15 headlights are not a problem since they dont interfere with the core.
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:19 AM   #35
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Headlight brackets installed. Super baller brackets work great. These are completely bolt on. No drilling required at all, just the modification to the headlight buckets to remove the motors and make them clear the core.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #36
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

you are the f'ing man, I love that slider bracket.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #37
s14_rob
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
s14_rob is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 zenki with s13sr s15 t28. the intercooler fits awesome A+ pbm!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #38
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I wonder if it is possible to keep the stock battery & location when using this on s13 chassis!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #39
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

I would think so. I have my battery relocated already, but as you can see from the pics of my car there is plenty of room over there.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:45 PM   #40
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

love the clean engine bays guys! keep it coming.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #41
jholman05
Zilvia Member

jholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to jholman05
Fits perfect with my optima redtop, just have to remove the windshield washer bottle neck, I got rid of all that a long time ago anyways.

DJpimp, I see you did go with my sliding setup. I've found myself just leaving them up all the time now, but it's good to know I can put them down if I want.

Anyone else who wants to see a pretty detailed write up, there's one in one of the other HMIC threads on here. I posted it a while back when I got my kit. So far I have nothing but good to report.
jholman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:45 PM   #42
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

^^ Hella stole your idea. Works great. My car's track only so I keep em down, but at events like ASB where there is night drifting I need to have em up so it works perfect.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:19 AM   #43
jholman05
Zilvia Member

jholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to jholman05
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
^^ Hella stole your idea. Works great. My car's track only so I keep em down, but at events like ASB where there is night drifting I need to have em up so it works perfect.

Nice, is that a p.s. cooler under the hmic? Were you having foaming problems on the track?
jholman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #44
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholman05 View Post
Nice, is that a p.s. cooler under the hmic? Were you having foaming problems on the track?
Yea huge. I could only do about a lap before I would have no power steering. Now I have no problems. S13's don't like 10" wide wheels in the front.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #45
projectslider
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
projectslider is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
are these instock with blak couplers yet? with matching
intake pipe?
projectslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #46
shinmei-2006
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
shinmei-2006 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
allows use of a stock crash bar?
shinmei-2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:29 AM   #47
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

^^ Yup

Just did my first full track with the new set up.

Response = amazing. Probably 2-3x better than my old greddy fmic kit.

I ran without a front bumper but on my next one I plan on making a vent as to allow air to flow more directly into the intercooler. The bumper completely covering the core made me nervous.

Running without a front bumper + the intercooler kit made for some crazy low coolant temps. I ran about 15° C (59 F) cooler than I did with the fmic. At first I thought something was wrong with my gauge, but it was just THAT cold. Very impressed overall.

The kit isn't for the feint of heart when it comes to the details but neither is drifting so I guess it all works out.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #48
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectslider View Post
are these instock with blak couplers yet? with matching
intake pipe?
yes in stock now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinmei-2006 View Post
allows use of a stock crash bar?
yes sir!
Quote:

Just did my first full track with the new set up.

Response = amazing. Probably 2-3x better than my old greddy fmic kit.

I ran without a front bumper but on my next one I plan on making a vent as to allow air to flow more directly into the intercooler. The bumper completely covering the core made me nervous.

Running without a front bumper + the intercooler kit made for some crazy low coolant temps. I ran about 15° C (59 F) cooler than I did with the fmic. At first I thought something was wrong with my gauge, but it was just THAT cold. Very impressed overall.

The kit isn't for the feint of heart when it comes to the details but neither is drifting so I guess it all works out.
thanks for the review! glad you like it = )
Old 11-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #49
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Just to confirm, I'd lose AC if I run this setup on a S15 correct?
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #50
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
just wondering, have these been tested on higher horsepower cars? still sufficient at 500+whp?
Old 11-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #51
JonathanPrem
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
JonathanPrem is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Anyone have this setup on S14 Zenki?
JonathanPrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #52
s14_rob
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
s14_rob is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yeah i do fits great. still using all stock supports
Old 11-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #53
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
any pics of these installed with a s13 silvia front *with a bumper on*
Old 11-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #54
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Bumper doesn't matter with this set up. It sits so far back that your bumper mounting doesn't need to change.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #55
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Bumper doesn't matter with this set up. It sits so far back that your bumper mounting doesn't need to change.
yeah, i realized that. i just wanted to see the look.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:21 AM   #56
LoFoSho
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
LoFoSho is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I had to do way more cutting than expected but I think it turned out ok considering i did this after work with help from a friend in just over 2 hours.
Response is awesome and my fans no longer turn on when on the highway. had to cut my headlight brackets which i was unaware of and also the headlight housing. A local shop said they could make something similar for me (if i supply an intercooler) for ~$500. So I ordered this a few days later and i couldn't be happier. This kit is awesome, even though im not a fan of not running a bov I'm working on a recirculating setup.

LoFoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:41 PM   #57
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

^^^ So you didn't trim the upper part of the radiator support and didn't use the top bolts? I did the opposite and didn't use the side bolts and just used the top ones.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:45 AM   #58
frizzle
In time-out for misbehaving.

Trader Rating: (45)
frizzle is on the path to ruinfrizzle is on the path to ruinfrizzle is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 45 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanPrem View Post
Anyone have this setup on S14 Zenki?
Will post pics when I get my car back(next week).
frizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #59
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Just to confirm, I'd lose AC if I run this setup on a S15 correct?
correct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
just wondering, have these been tested on higher horsepower cars? still sufficient at 500+whp?
I would not use this for a build that exceeds 500HP - I'd do custom fab
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFoSho View Post
I had to do way more cutting than expected but I think it turned out ok considering i did this after work with help from a friend in just over 2 hours.
Response is awesome and my fans no longer turn on when on the highway. had to cut my headlight brackets which i was unaware of and also the headlight housing. A local shop said they could make something similar for me (if i supply an intercooler) for ~$500. So I ordered this a few days later and i couldn't be happier. This kit is awesome, even though im not a fan of not running a bov I'm working on a recirculating setup.
Thanks for the review!
Old 11-23-2010, 05:19 AM   #60
LoFoSho
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
LoFoSho is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
^^^ So you didn't trim the upper part of the radiator support and didn't use the top bolts? I did the opposite and didn't use the side bolts and just used the top ones.

correct. I only used the side bolts. After bolting it up it look to be sturdy enough and i didn't justify spending any more time on it or cutting holes that might not line up. my biggest concern was i didn't want to hack away a lot of the core support leaving a lot of the harness exposed. o dod cut some of it but it was very little. All that I saw was really needed was cutting the rounded end off the core support. I had to mount it several times and cut off little by little but it worked and my harness isn't all out in the open so I'm happy with it.
CFRC this weekend! I've already done a little bit of spirited driving around town and I'm still having a hard time believing how awesome this kit is.
LoFoSho is offline   Reply With Quote