Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #2971
dontxploitme
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
dontxploitme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
i have a '90 hatch and i'm going dual cam. i've looked this up already and i know it's possible to use the same clutch but i wanna know if there's differences i believe the dohc clutch disk is a little bigger. would that make a difference? is it worth it to sell my sohc clutch and get a dohc clutch? or should i just use the same clutch cause it's practically new. like 10 miles on it. thanks in advance
dontxploitme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2010, 05:22 PM   #2972
gerbil is sik

Trader Rating: (0)
gerbil is sik is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

WUT DO??

So my car is smoking right above the turbo next to the block, at first I thought I had messed up my turbo or even worse had a blown headgasket since it was white smoke and smelled sweet, however once inspecting it in the day I realized that both this hose and this other metal hose coming from the block were both wet with oil. I'm wondering if these two go together and if that would solve all my problems or if there is something worse going on here.

Thanks in advance.
gerbil is sik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #2973
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
WTF, this is the second driver side axle that i've been through in 3 weeks , less than 200 miles. is there a reason on earth why the driver's side CV boot would tear vs....passenger side? does a 2 way diff have anything to do with it? too low perhaps (but why not other side?) .... i'm perplexed

anyone? s14 if that matters
Old 10-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #2974
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
I almost had gotten myself into an accident because my wheels spun way too much on my S13.

And I started to slide like I was attempting to drift which isn't fun when it's not on purpose. I was driving as I normally and I didn't put too much gas as I was letting off the clutch.

I'm in SoCal and it just started to rain and I think my tires have no kinds grip at all. But there is plenty of thread on the tires and what not. Idk, what kind of tires do you recommend for SE wheels?
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #2975
SofaKingFast
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (43)
SofaKingFast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SofaKingFast
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
the output shafts that are in the 2-way should be equal length, whereas the stock shafts are usually different lengths than each other. i have yet to see a set of stock output shafts that worked with an aftermarket diff. you are gonna have to find someone selling aftermarket 6 bolt output shafts or swap your axles to 5 bolt. the axle swap would probably be the easiest to come up on.
Thanks for the reply, I just sourced 5 bolt J30 axles local to me so hopefully this should do the trick.
SofaKingFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #2976
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbil is sik View Post

WUT DO??

So my car is smoking right above the turbo next to the block, at first I thought I had messed up my turbo or even worse had a blown headgasket since it was white smoke and smelled sweet, however once inspecting it in the day I realized that both this hose and this other metal hose coming from the block were both wet with oil. I'm wondering if these two go together and if that would solve all my problems or if there is something worse going on here.

Thanks in advance.
i'll ask my teacher tmro, but if i remember correctly then sweet burning smoke is the glycerol or w.e in the anti freeze. Prolly a blown gasket
Old 10-04-2010, 09:43 PM   #2977
chiboy002
Post Whore!

i once read that 4th gen maxima side mirrors fit s13 side mirrors. The 4th gen maxima has blue tint, is this true? If not, what gen does? I wanna match them to my broadview
Old 10-04-2010, 10:40 PM   #2978
slidewaysS15R

slidewaysS15R is an unknown quantity at this point
ISIS parts are bang for buck parts but will they hold there own or am i going to be having to replace shit every 100 miles?
Old 10-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #2979
Team DET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
Team DET is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbil is sik View Post

WUT DO??

Thanks in advance.
thats where the stock oil catchcan hose hooks up to

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
i once read that 4th gen maxima side mirrors fit s13 side mirrors. The 4th gen maxima has blue tint, is this true? If not, what gen does? I wanna match them to my broadview
yes they do same size
Old 10-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #2980
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
I almost had gotten myself into an accident because my wheels spun way too much on my S13.

And I started to slide like I was attempting to drift which isn't fun when it's not on purpose. I was driving as I normally and I didn't put too much gas as I was letting off the clutch.

I'm in SoCal and it just started to rain and I think my tires have no kinds grip at all. But there is plenty of thread on the tires and what not. Idk, what kind of tires do you recommend for SE wheels?
any tires will work. yours are just old, so they don't grip in the rain.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:45 PM   #2981
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
http://vimeo.com/12476340

how do you fix this??

second post....
Old 10-05-2010, 02:45 PM   #2982
Team DET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
Team DET is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Any links on how to remove a clutch/transmission on a s13 sr20.Looks preety straight forward.Just want to get a idea, being it's my first time doing it
Old 10-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #2983
Mesarina
Zilvia Member

Mesarina is an unknown quantity at this point
Where can I buy a brand new sr20det s13 water pump and a new master cylinder for a r32 rb20det at the same place? Thanks
Mesarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #2984
Mesarina
Zilvia Member

Mesarina is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team DET View Post
Any links on how to remove a clutch/transmission on a s13 sr20.Looks preety straight forward.Just want to get a idea, being it's my first time doing it

youll need to disconect the exhaust, and carefully raise the front part of the engine, so the trans tilts down a little, because the transmission tunnel is too small, is pretty easy when you do that, I changed my clutch in my garage alone
Mesarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:44 PM   #2985
dontxploitme
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
dontxploitme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
i have a '90 hatch and i'm going dual cam. i've looked this up already and i know it's possible to use the same clutch but i wanna know if there's differences i believe the dohc clutch disk is a little bigger. would that make a difference? is it worth it to sell my sohc clutch and get a dohc clutch? or should i just use the same clutch cause it's practically new. like 10 miles on it. thanks in advance
dontxploitme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #2986
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
WTF, this is the second driver side axle that i've been through in 3 weeks , less than 200 miles. is there a reason on earth why the driver's side CV boot would tear vs....passenger side? does a 2 way diff have anything to do with it? too low perhaps (but why not other side?) .... i'm perplexed

anyone? s14 if that matters
its a usdm s14 right? it's simple.....too much weight on driver side causes break! lol jk. I don't know...now that I think about it, my cv boot looked to be leaking...fuck man...better not be another thing adding to this fucking list.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #2987
slidewaysS15R

slidewaysS15R is an unknown quantity at this point
would somebody mind answering the question about ISIS parts please
Old 10-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #2988
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team DET View Post
yes they do same size
SWEET, time to go junkyard diving
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post

how do you fix this??

second post....
fix what?
Old 10-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #2989
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

the wheel from moving around all violently like it's doing....in this video, they said it was worse, I wanted to know how you would prevent the wheel from moving all over like it currently is. In the other video, it was waaaaay worse, but you can still tell the wheel has a lot of play in it.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:57 PM   #2990
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidewaysS15R View Post
would somebody mind answering the question about ISIS parts please
i run godspeed parts and megan parts...has been working for two years on my car and on some other drivers.... haven't heard of isis...but these guys i mentioned are really cheap, and have had no issues.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #2991
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
except your wheel moving around excessively and no way to explain it lol.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #2992
EndLeSS8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
EndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
1997 S14
KA24DE, 100,000 miles

Normally when I start the car, it fires up immediately
Starting a few weeks ago, on cold start, it sounds weak for about 1 to 1.5 seconds, then fires up.

What do I need to replace? Starter? Battery? or other?
Thanks in advance.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:03 AM   #2993
240sx123$
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post
1997 S14
KA24DE, 100,000 miles

Normally when I start the car, it fires up immediately
Starting a few weeks ago, on cold start, it sounds weak for about 1 to 1.5 seconds, then fires up.

What do I need to replace? Starter? Battery? or other?
Thanks in advance.
Do you mean it sounds weak as it turns over? Aka its reluctant to turn over quickly prior to starting? Or do you mean that once it DOES start, the RPMS drop very low for the first few seconds of it running?
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:06 AM   #2994
240sx123$
BANNED

What would be a better winter wheel setup?

205/55/16 Snow tires or 255/35/18 All seasons?

And how would a 255 snow tire compare to a 205 snow tire? Which would be better in the snow? Ive heard mixed opinions- some say the 255 because it has more surface contact, some say the 205 because it is less likely to "float" on the snow. I have 255 all seasons on my nice wheels, and snow tires on my SE's. Im debating if i should run the SE's or pick up some snow tires for my nice wheels. (my nice wheels are Hotwheels 68's, so theyre not THAT nice, lol)
Old 10-06-2010, 07:55 AM   #2995
EndLeSS8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
EndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx123$ View Post
Do you mean it sounds weak as it turns over? Aka its reluctant to turn over quickly prior to starting? Or do you mean that once it DOES start, the RPMS drop very low for the first few seconds of it running?
It sounds weak as it turns over. After it starts, everything is totally normal, no rpm drop.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:20 AM   #2996
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I was wondering does anyone know if S15 carpet is a dead on fit or minimal modification for a RHD s13, or if it won't work at all?

I've tried searching but couldn't come up with anyone with this swap or info on it. If anyone has the answer or can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #2997
240sx123$
BANNED

My bet is your battery is on it's way out. Have it tested at pepbous for free. (also, worthwhile tip- it's fairly easy to convince pepboys you bought your battery from them even without a receipt. I've exchanged two batteries with them at no cost to me- both batterys I had purchased off craigslist. Now I have two new batteries.. With receipts!)

You can also test your alternator by removing the ground from the battery while the car is running. If your alternator is good, the car will stay running. If it dies, alternator is shot.

Last edited by 240sx123$; 10-06-2010 at 09:28 AM..
Old 10-06-2010, 08:40 AM   #2998
nothix
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
nothix is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post

how do you fix this??

second post....
are all suspension parts locked?
I've had the lock nut on my camber arm (Z33) come loose and it the rear wheel moved around a lot causing the tire to be worn out in less then 50 miles. From near new to corded!

If not, maybe its the hub???

are both sides doing it?
Old 10-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #2999
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothix View Post
are all suspension parts locked?
I've had the lock nut on my camber arm (Z33) come loose and it the rear wheel moved around a lot causing the tire to be worn out in less then 50 miles. From near new to corded!

If not, maybe its the hub???

are both sides doing it?
well, only my driver side is...i guess i'll re-re-check everything....i don't know....i remember reading the video saying it was worse, which there was a video...now there isn't...and now this...i know there is supposed to be movement, but every little bump, the wheel has a lot of movement....i have about 1.5 -2 inches of gap between the tire and the actual inside fender, and in a heavy dip, it'll only rub on the driver side, and the other day, it was enough to fill my car full of smoke real quick, and then gone...

i'm just looking for options to inspect.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #3000
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx123$ View Post
What would be a better winter wheel setup?

205/55/16 Snow tires or 255/35/18 All seasons?

And how would a 255 snow tire compare to a 205 snow tire? Which would be better in the snow? Ive heard mixed opinions- some say the 255 because it has more surface contact, some say the 205 because it is less likely to "float" on the snow. I have 255 all seasons on my nice wheels, and snow tires on my SE's. Im debating if i should run the SE's or pick up some snow tires for my nice wheels. (my nice wheels are Hotwheels 68's, so theyre not THAT nice, lol)
skinny tire for snow, wide tire for rain. imagine your feet. what do you wear to stand on snow..those stupid tennis racket things...what do skiiers use to cut through snow....well....it's thin for a reason, if it were wider, it would float on the snow.

p.s...i sell tires all accross the north america's. lol