Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #2431
TwItCh
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
TwItCh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwItCh
depends on your budget and you can also go status ring seat and buckle your seat belt it should shut off but if your going bucket seats that plug doesnt even matter
TwItCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #2432
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
What is the easiest way to loosen/remove the alternator pulley bolt? I'm trying to replace the pulley with a lightweight alloy unit but the damn thing slips under the belt! I tried wedging some stuff between the pulley and the belt to no avail. Any tips anybody? I'm doing this with the alternator still installed with belt tensioned.
To the next page!!! Can anybody give me some pointers???
Old 08-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #2433
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Thanks ManoNegra!

What is the easiest way to loosen/remove the alternator pulley bolt? I'm trying to replace the pulley with a lightweight alloy unit but the damn thing slips under the belt! I tried wedging some stuff between the pulley and the belt to no avail. Any tips anybody? I'm doing this with the alternator still installed with belt tensioned.
Quote:
To the next page!!! Can anybody give me some pointers???
air gun would be the best/easiest way
jamming a screwdriver in the pulley to keep it from rotating is another option.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:39 PM   #2434
shanelach
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shanelach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93nismo View Post
the drivers side mudflap isent as wide as the passenger side because of the exhaust. unless i misunderstood your question.
That is what I thought he meant. I first replied with that, but then thought he meant same between hatch and coupe. Maybe I was right in the first place.
shanelach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #2435
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
My walbro fuel pump begins buzzing at like 2500 rpm.
It is about 3 years old but id say it only has around a little less than 1000 miles. My fuel filter was replaced around the same time.
And idk if its just me paranoid, but i think the acceleration is slightly slower

ideas?
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:04 PM   #2436
shiftin_sideways
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
shiftin_sideways is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm doing an auto to 5 speed swap. Is there a way to wire the vss sensor to the car? Chassis is a s13 if it matters. Will my speedo readings be significantly off because of this?(10-15mph difference)
shiftin_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #2437
shanelach
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shanelach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
VSS will plug right in. Just need to use a manual speed sensor. I tried to fit my auto in a manual trans and it didn't fit. Speed will be spot on.
shanelach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #2438
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanelach View Post
That is what I thought he meant. I first replied with that, but then thought he meant same between hatch and coupe. Maybe I was right in the first place.
Sorry guys, I should have been more specific. I did mean between hatch and coupe.
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:06 PM   #2439
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwItCh View Post
depends on your budget and you can also go status ring seat and buckle your seat belt it should shut off but if your going bucket seats that plug doesnt even matter
honestly, budget really isnt a big deal. I just need a seat for a decent price, i would rather save up and sell more stuff to get a bride seat but i can always buy one and then use it as passenger when i get a bride or something.
as for the plug, the belt light turns on/off when it should, there is nothing wrong. My question is what the little plug was for, cause i didn't notice any changes once i plugged it in
Old 08-04-2010, 12:28 AM   #2440
chiboy002
Post Whore!

another question, i had not known the pspump in our cars should take ATF, i searched and found nothing about consequences. I'm going to flush it tmro and fill it with the right stuff but... what potentially could go wrong? i've been running like this since late april/early may
Old 08-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #2441
cutter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
cutter is on the path to ruincutter is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cutter
I am installing front 300zx calipers on my 240. All of the hardware is missing except for the pins. Do i need any of the other hardware, because it can get my pads and everything in and working with out it.
cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #2442
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
How many degrees of negative camber is alright for daily driving? I'm looking to have an low stance but not too crazy, I tried looking in the flush fitment thread but those are cars with lots of camber and yeah.

Last edited by zooopreme; 08-04-2010 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: added specific type of camber
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #2443
ki_JDM_ds
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (56)
ki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really nice
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki_JDM_ds View Post
I have a "sputtering" engine problem. Car = 90 S13 Hatch KA24E (minus emissions, ARC air box modified to fit) Outside temp is 100+ F.

It is very intermittent and unpredictable. What happens is this, while I'm driving it starts to sputter around 2.5-3k and occasionally loses all power. I give it full throttle when it starts to sputter and sometime I can overcome it but most of the time it nearly dies.

What is causing this? Failing Fuel Pump? Not enough Air/fuel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanelach View Post
Check your EGI and EGI pump relays. I had a similar problem and that was the cause. Also, check for leaks after the maf.
Both EGI relays seem ok. Is there something I can do to check to make sure there 100%?

Also I changed the fuel filter tonight and noticed this when I moved my car

Is it the STP Fuel Treatment I added last week or something bad?
Old 08-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #2444
Dominic Axelson
Zilvia Junkie

Dominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Dominic Axelson
I have a few quick questions.

1. Can I bolt a 3" sr downpipe to the s13 stock exhaust? Or will I need an adapter?

2. To run a rb25 t28 on a redtop sr20 will I just need a t25 to t3 adapter flange and new oil lines? Oh and I have a Isis manifold if that matters.

Iv been searching for a few days now and can't seem to find much. So any help would be great! Thanks, Dominic
Dominic Axelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #2445
Dominic Axelson
Zilvia Junkie

Dominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Dominic Axelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
How many degrees of negative camber is alright for daily driving? I'm looking to have an low stance but not too crazy, I tried looking in the flush fitment thread but those are cars with lots of camber and yeah.
My car has -6.5 in the rear and i daily drive it. You will just go throught tires a little faster.
Dominic Axelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #2446
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
is it possible to get this dent removed by a paintless dent removal guy? will it end up just popping back after a while being fixed??

udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #2447
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I've never done it but ive heard you can put a basketball/football/whateverball in between the quarter and frame and inflate it to pop out the dent.

I guess its worth a try.
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #2448
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That's right where the jack is stored, why not just try and push it out yourself?
Old 08-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #2449
initial240sx
Leaky Injector

initial240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to initial240sx
can i use aftermarket camshaft (254/264) into a stock SR20DET T25? it would be profit or not worth buying?
initial240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:17 PM   #2450
LOUD240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
LOUD240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post
is it possible to get this dent removed by a paintless dent removal guy? will it end up just popping back after a while being fixed??

agood dent guy can make that disapear with no paint damage ,I used to work with a guy that did some amazing work
LOUD240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #2451
LOUD240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
LOUD240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik View Post
Anyone have try those ebay dash covers?? i know cant put ebay links here but try a serch on "240sx dash cover" there is some interesting ones... anyone have try those yet??? how they fit? is mostly imposuble to find a uncracked dash around me =/
ordered mine from the nissan dealer and looks really good , the ebay covers look like crap
LOUD240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #2452
240sxChillen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
240sxChillen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Is this a Auto or a Manual Lower harness?Came from a S14.My guess is Manual because it doesnt have extra plugs where it connects to the Tranny.Can anyone confirm?Thanks

240sxChillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #2453
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Axelson View Post
1. Can I bolt a 3" sr downpipe to the s13 stock exhaust? Or will I need an adapter?
the sr downpipe is a 3 bolt flange in the shape of a triangle, stock s13 exhausts are two bolt flanges. you will need an adapter (never seen one made for this) or a new flange welded on. also you might need to clock it right, mine is for an sr20 but i have an s14 manifold on my ka, i need it to be clocked so it sits right
Old 08-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #2454
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki_JDM_ds View Post
Both EGI relays seem ok. Is there something I can do to check to make sure there 100%?

Also I changed the fuel filter tonight and noticed this when I moved my car

Is it the STP Fuel Treatment I added last week or something bad?
sounds like a dying fuel pump, it cant pump out enough fuel to keep the engine running. mine started going that after i revved too high, i drove approx. 1 mile and then it died. it would turn on, sputter, i would give gas and it would die again. i need a new fuel pump.

where did you get a new fuel filter?
Old 08-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #2455
ki_JDM_ds
Zilvia FREAK!

ki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
sounds like a dying fuel pump, it cant pump out enough fuel to keep the engine running. mine started going that after i revved too high, i drove approx. 1 mile and then it died. it would turn on, sputter, i would give gas and it would die again. i need a new fuel pump.

where did you get a new fuel filter?
That is going to be my next replacement. A new fuel pump.

Fuel Filter is FF655 at Autozone for $9.99 + Tax.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #2456
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Ok guys, kind of need this one answered ASAP.

I went to go look at a coupe owned by some hillbilly. This guy doesnt know anything about the car. He said that he had his cousin who is an "auto mechanic" replace the clutch.

So i go to test drive this thing. first thing i do is press the cluch pedal and omg this thing felt like a floppy dick. Like it was easier to press down than the gas pedal and the engagement point was really high for the clutch.

anyways, what are the causes of such a loose clutch pedal? One time the pedal even got stuck to the floor and i had to lift it up with my foot.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #2457
ki_JDM_ds
Zilvia FREAK!

^ what was the fluid level?

You also may look at the slave cylinder, it could be trashed.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #2458
tire_machine
Leaky Injector

tire_machine is an unknown quantity at this point
slave is dead
tire_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:51 PM   #2459
udon!
Nissanaholic!

oh really? will it cause any damage to the components driving a long distance ~70 miles?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #2460
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post
oh really? will it cause any damage to the components driving a long distance ~70 miles?
not really as long as the tranny gets into gear. but if your slave "blew" or "broke" while driving, you will not be able to get it in a nother gear. im not even sure if you could get it into neutral.

if your slave blew, it would be basically be like driving without a clutch.

if you look at the system, the clutch pedal, pushes fluid throught the master, which pushes the slave, which move the "shift" fork inside the transmission, which the throwout bearing is connected to which "basically" engages/disengages the clutch.

so if the slave failed/you wouldnt be able to shift, but if it was already in gear the car will still drive and move forward. make sense?

cliffs: the slave failing will still be somewhat driveable if you are already in gear, you just wont be able to shift.

if you really wanted the car, you could replace the master, clutch line(recommend stainless steel braided line), and slave which would make the car perfectly, worry free, driveable for <$100
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote