Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-09-2010, 08:47 PM   #2731
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
DO i need to use a 240sx water temp sensor (the single wire one for the gauge) for on a rb25 motor in order to get my temperature to work on my s13?

Reason i ask my friends rb20 works with the rb20 sensor, and my gauge isnt working.

tuioewytuiweuriowefg
Old 09-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #2732
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Can someone lead me to the dude that does/did that custom hydro-dipping stuff.

pretty sure he did that set of jlines with the corny 100 doller lips or whatever. they were green/black.

he had like a ls1 s14. was red or something. just cant quite remember his user name.

help is appreciated
Old 09-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #2733
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
i could have sworn that i saw an install thread for the Kognition S14 sunroof delete somewhere on this forum. i have run numerous searches and it hasnt turned up. am i just delusional or does this thread really exist? anyone have a URL?
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #2734
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
DO i need to use a 240sx water temp sensor (the single wire one for the gauge) for on a rb25 motor in order to get my temperature to work on my s13?

Reason i ask my friends rb20 works with the rb20 sensor, and my gauge isnt working.
Assuming the KA sensor fits in the RB, it makes sense to match the sensor to the gauge.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #2735
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedsole View Post
Can someone lead me to the dude that does/did that custom hydro-dipping stuff.

pretty sure he did that set of jlines with the corny 100 doller lips or whatever. they were green/black.

he had like a ls1 s14. was red or something. just cant quite remember his user name.

help is appreciated
This is the original thread on dipping stuff that I remember:

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/213929-you-dont-have.html
Old 09-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #2736
XxCAPTAINxX
Zilvia Member

XxCAPTAINxX is an unknown quantity at this point

what is this? i know its a noob question but could someone help me out
Old 09-10-2010, 06:14 AM   #2737
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
This is the original thread on dipping stuff that I remember:

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/213929-you-dont-have.html
yes thank you
Old 09-10-2010, 10:52 AM   #2738
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCAPTAINxX View Post

what is this? i know its a noob question but could someone help me out
If I remember correctly, that's the AIV. It directs some air into the exhaust to help the cat burn off excess fuel.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #2739
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Is Florida an easy state to register Japanese cars in?
Or easier than CA?

If you know anything about registering an s15 in Florida or someone who might know please pm me or post in here if your ok with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #2740
redline240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
redline240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Anyone out there can show me a picture or link on how the bumper support bolts look like???

I believe it is a bolt and nut on both side. If anyone can help me out I will appriecate it thank you..
Old 09-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #2741
XxCAPTAINxX
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
If I remember correctly, that's the AIV. It directs some air into the exhaust to help the cat burn off excess fuel.
ah thank you kind sir
Old 09-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #2742
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline240sx View Post
Anyone out there can show me a picture or link on how the bumper support bolts look like???

I believe it is a bolt and nut on both side. If anyone can help me out I will appriecate it thank you..
assuming it's for a s13...i just googled s13 bumper support...

unfortunately this is pulled from nico...but looks to be true non the less.

Front-End Installation Guide: S13 – NICO Club
this is where it was pulled from.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #2743
s14zenkika24de

s14zenkika24de is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking for s14 oem lip,side skirts, rear valance, zilvia grill, embles anything PM me
s14zenkika24de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #2744
XxCAPTAINxX
Zilvia Member

zilvia grill is that a SPECIAL EDITION? i think you ment SILVIA grill.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #2745
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14zenkika24de View Post
Looking for s14 oem lip,side skirts, rear valance, zilvia grill, embles anything PM me
http://zilvia.net/f/wanted-buy/
Old 09-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #2746
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
What do i need to make r32 brakes work on my s13? conversion lines and..? will Z32 ebrake line work?
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #2747
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

Mangudai is an unknown quantity at this point
I think my power steering pump is going bad. I have to keep filling it up with fluid and even then it doesn't perform like it use to. After about 5-10 minutes of driving when I make right turns there's a loud wailing/whining sound that seems to come from the pump. From what I can tell none of the lines are leaking so I figured maybe air was in the system so I jacked the front up turned the car on and turned the wheel all the way left then right about 10 times. To no avail. Is this the proper bleeding procedure? Also, if my pump is dying why does it only wail when I more the steering wheel to the right(even just slightly)?

Also, my right dust boot on the rack is torn in half and I saw some fluid there. Is a little fluid normal or does this mean its bad as well? I was cleaning the underside of my car today and was scraping off some of the grime that had collected above the crossmember just below the rack and this fell out.

Where does it go to?
Old 09-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #2748
uLmighty
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
uLmighty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to uLmighty
wassup guys! i need an AC compressor for my 97 kouki. Does s13 or zenki compressor fits on the KOUKI? or is it jst the kouki compressor?! PM would b helpful! thanks
uLmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:00 PM   #2749
battlescar

battlescar is an unknown quantity at this point
i need to find contact info for battleversion. there's no email or phone# on the web site.
battlescar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #2750
dub40sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
dub40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
4th small fitting/hole in Master Cyl. What is it? Does is it normally saposed to be plugged?

Heres a pic for reference. The small hole that looks plugged between the front and rear ports. I just picked up a master that has this so im wondering what I need to do with it or were I can get a plug for it.

THANKS!

dub40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #2751
edmorl
Zilvia FREAK!

edmorl is an unknown quantity at this point
what size spacers would I need to run to fit 17 x 9.5 +15 MB battles on an s13 with PBM coilovers ?
edmorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #2752
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorl View Post
what size spacers would I need to run to fit 17 x 9.5 +15 MB battles on an s13 with PBM coilovers ?
I wouldn't think you would need spacers unless PBM coils are especially girthy.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #2753
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
is it true that for the ka24de the intake and exhaust valve seals are the same? and the sr20det exhaust seals = ka24de seals?
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:06 PM   #2754
foggygoogleso.O
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (18)
foggygoogleso.O is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Im planning to do a 5speed conversion.
What is a clutch fork pivot ball and do I need it in my conversion?
If so, is it necessary or recommended to buy a new one?
Thanks.
foggygoogleso.O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:19 PM   #2755
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
^^No. It is part of the 5 speed transmission. Only purchase of it is missing. No need to replace, unless you will be using an aftermarket pressure plate with a very high clutch capacity.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:28 PM   #2756
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangudai View Post
Surprised no one answered this question. This is one of eight washers for your exhaust manifold.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:44 PM   #2757
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
is it true that for the ka24de the intake and exhaust valve seals are the same? and the sr20det exhaust seals = ka24de seals?
??? whathappenedtothefewmembersofzilviawhoactuallyhave knowledge
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:35 AM   #2758
foggygoogleso.O
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (18)
foggygoogleso.O is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
thanks man. appreciate the help.
foggygoogleso.O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:38 AM   #2759
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
did an oil change on my SR last week. as always i put in 4qts and its fine. this time i put in about 3.5 and check the dip run the car for a couple min and its at/little over H. any reason why it would be over H when i just put 3.5qt?
Old 09-14-2010, 06:49 AM   #2760
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
I have a 3 piece rim that is leaking air from where the pieces bolt up. The bolts seem to be tightened. Will it be okay to seal it up from the inside with some sort of RTV sealant? Or is there another way to fix this? I'd hate to toss out the rim.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote