Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
madd ocx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
madd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
s14 led taillights

ok ust wanna know if there is any difference in quality or are these all the same lights being sold by different vendors.
http://zilvia.net/f/advertiser-speci...nal-light.html
http://zilvia.net/f/advertiser-speci...power-com.html
95-98 NISSAN 240SX S14 BLACK LED ALTEZZA TAIL LIGHTS 96:eBay Motors (item 190306200722 end time May-12-09 18:22:09 PDT)
now i was thinking of getting a set but wasn't sure if there is any difference or are they all made by the same manufacturer? cause rave spec has them for like 400 bucks and the company that make them is dmax. then intense power doesn't state the manufacturer(unless its them which i doubt) and they dont have a price listed. then the ones on ebay range from 220 to 270. now to me they all look the same but is one actually better than the other?
madd ocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
driven_
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
driven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
hmm.
i always thought those looked nice on any color s14.

i'd like to know on quality too.

bump.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:37 PM   #3
ChicagoS14
Zilvia Addict

ChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her selfChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ChicagoS14
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven_ View Post
hmm.
i always thought those looked nice on any color s14.

i'd like to know on quality too.

bump.
My buddy has them on his S14, installed without issues, look pretty good. So far no problems.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:52 AM   #4
madd ocx
Zilvia Junkie

madd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymore
thats the problem which ones ones did they get? i'm trying to find out if they are all the same shit. cause why would rave spec be charging so much for them if its the same as the ebay ones etc.. or do they differ? thats why the price is different? just got my car painted and thought that a new set of taillights would be a nice touch..
Old 05-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
The Chad
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
The Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I too have been curious as to the variance between the brands. If the quality is all the same then why not use Ebay...right?
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
they're all the same
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #7
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
are there any pics of this set up at night?
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
it's all the same.....just plastic and lights.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #9
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
Maiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
^ yes there are pictures floating around....just do a search. I rock the black LED tail lights on my Zenki. I love it...I got mine from ebay. IIRC Ravspec also gets them from ebay or at least they told me to purchease mine from there.
Maiku240sxS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #10
madd ocx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiku240sxS14 View Post
^ yes there are pictures floating around....just do a search. I rock the black LED tail lights on my Zenki. I love it...I got mine from ebay. IIRC Ravspec also gets them from ebay or at least they told me to purchease mine from there.
aint that some s**t.. on ebay they cost like 220 bucks, rave spec sells em for like 400.. I wish ravespec wasn't trying to rip people off then I could just go amd pick them up and see them before I buy them. but if they all the same like some have said I will just get em off ebay.. for those that have them did you have to reseal them or anything so it doesn't get condensation inside when it rains?
Old 05-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #11
s142jzkillav10
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
s142jzkillav10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via MSN to s142jzkillav10
I might be getting these for my 97 240. I still don't know which ones would look better the smoked or non smoked.
s142jzkillav10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #12
spanishricer
Zilvia Junkie

spanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfection
I have been wondering this very same question for the past few weeks, and am glad to see this thread has popped up.

I noticed awhile back that some of the center garnish pieces had different keyhole designs than others, depending on which vendor you bought them from?

D-Max from Rav Spec

Intense Power

Generic Ebay

Maybe it's just the lighting, but it appears the D-Max keyhole is clear while the other two are black?
Old 05-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #13
spanishricer
Zilvia Junkie

spanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfection
Here is another Ebay set that appears to have a clear keyhole.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #14
spanishricer
Zilvia Junkie

I would love to see some pics from people that have these tail lights installed, and which vendor they sourced them from?
Old 05-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #15
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
BoostedCoupe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
NOT MY CAR!

Old 05-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #16
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Maiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by madd ocx View Post
aint that some s**t.. on ebay they cost like 220 bucks, rave spec sells em for like 400.. I wish ravespec wasn't trying to rip people off then I could just go amd pick them up and see them before I buy them. but if they all the same like some have said I will just get em off ebay.. for those that have them did you have to reseal them or anything so it doesn't get condensation inside when it rains?
Okay my bad...I can't say that RAVSPEC is the one who told me, could be A-spec, but i'm not sure. But yeah they told me to look on ebay for them. I can't remember who sold them to me on ebay, I just went for the one that looked good to me and check the seller feedback. It was well packed and fitment was great. I love them.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #17
spanishricer
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Okay my bad...I can't say that RAVSPEC is the one who told me, could be A-spec, but i'm not sure. But yeah they told me to look on ebay for them. I can't remember who sold them to me on ebay, I just went for the one that looked good to me and check the seller feedback. It was well packed and fitment was great. I love them.

Could you possibly check your ebay feedback or paypal account to see which seller sold you your tail lights? It would be nice to know.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:27 PM   #18
madd ocx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:

yeah they do look good! but if you could find the vendor you got them from that would be good. but this really interesting cause i know that company junyan made those euro taillights that came out fpr the s14 a while back, so maybe they manufacture these as well.. who knows but i will probably chance the ebay ones.. but any other input would be helpful on this..
Old 05-10-2009, 10:30 PM   #19
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
One of the original vendors when those came out a couple years ago said they're all the same. Quality is 'meh', sometimes you have to reseal them (they get fogged up). Find the best deal and jump on it.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #20
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
dude
they're all the same

they're just 200 bucks

fuck

if u like 'em get 'em, if not, don't
Old 05-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #21
spanishricer
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
dude
they're all the same

they're just 200 bucks

fuck

if u like 'em get 'em, if not, don't

Thank you for your feedback.

Anyone else have something worthwhile to contribute?
Old 05-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #22
illxs14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
illxs14 is making a name for him/her selfillxs14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to illxs14
i want to make the jump over too these so i've been talking to a couple people, and honestly it seems like it depends. lol
the d-max guys say the quality is great. better then the other tail lights that are out there. personally i like the way the d-max lights look
i know a guy that's running the ebay lights. he's had no problems with them fogging up at all.
just my .02
Old 05-11-2009, 11:59 AM   #23
JVDSKYRINE
Zilvia Junkie

JVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfection
I was thinki9ng of making a custom led setup on the red and clear lights

I am just going to take the backing off and might have to do some minor cutting/drilling but throw some leds in similar to the ones you guys posted...plus the big problem with the ebay ones is they fog up so make sure to seal them up/recock them before installation I had led ones on my skyline

Old 05-11-2009, 12:01 PM   #24
JVDSKYRINE
Zilvia Junkie

JVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfection
Actually I was searching on egay and found some led ones in chrome ricer style thats right up my alley

These would look good on bright colored cars
Old 05-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #25
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanishricer View Post
Could you possibly check your ebay feedback or paypal account to see which seller sold you your tail lights? It would be nice to know.
I'll find out when I get home tonight on who the seller was. I believe it was 2 years ago that I bought them and it was around $250+.

So 2 years running and I never had ANY FOG issues on my ebay LED's. The first year and a half with the lights it was daily driven and had no issues. I guess I got lucky.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #26
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

The seller that I bought them from was "ProGrille".
Old 05-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #27
bshotts
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
bshotts is making a name for him/her selfbshotts is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bshotts
Here's a set sold to me by Intense Power. The manufacturer is actually Sonar. You can google Sonar LED 240sx and you'll see what I'm talking about. I have been extremely satisfied with mine...everyone should update NOW!

bshotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #28
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I have them and I absolutely love them. I got them from Taillightwarehouse.com or something liek that. The only problem Ive had is that water/moisture seeps in a little bit, so before you install them, throw some sealant around the edges to keep the water out. Other than that I love mine and they look great at night.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #29
madd ocx
Zilvia Junkie

well it all seems to be the same! anyone else have any input please share.. heres a few things that might help:
1. post where you purchased them ( vendors, ebay, whatever)
2. if you can what is the name on the taillights maybe signifying the manufacturer.
3. and quality, and satisfaction..
many people say they are the same, but you never know cause dmax seems too feel theres are better, and not the same as everyone else!
Old 05-12-2009, 01:59 AM   #30
OptionZero
Post Whore!

yeah, cuz d-max is going to admit that they get their shit from the same factory as the random guy on ebay

how can you make something so simple so fuckin complicated

they are $200 taillights
how many different sources of the things do you think there are? Especially a different source that uses the exact same design?