Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-16-2020, 11:18 AM   #13381
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
Just it being boosted and 6spd is a huge plus
I see it being priced a little under the supra

Another plus is reputable companies like AMS have already gotten a lot out of the Q50/Q60 platform, they have also been promoting this reveal heavily
Maybe not. The Q60 base is 41K, the supra is 49k

The 370z is 29K

I would hope Nissan would price this around 33K or less.

I would guess the setup would be VR30DDTT mated to a FS6R31A. Tuned to maybe 350 as to not undercut the Q60 Redsports.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2020, 12:45 PM   #13382
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
They're doing it for the weebs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
The katana is the weakest shit. lol
Ok, so it's not just me then. I tried to ignore it at first, but man is it hard.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 03:30 PM   #13383
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Count down to ain't care asshats ahegao sticker bombing their katana.
Old 09-16-2020, 04:09 PM   #13384
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
It's OK, you cannot see it.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

For me and many others
IT'S PURE SEX!

cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:06 AM   #13385
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
im also more inclined to believe this is more of an aggressive refresh.

https://www.motortrend.com/features-...arison-visual/

i’m fairly neutral with the design. also like the side profile, but the rest of the car is too retro for my preference. dont care for that paint at all.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:15 AM   #13386
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
It's tacky, but I'm still in disbelief a Japanese car company bolted a twin turbo v6 to a manual gearbox in 2020.

They can put a fucking sword on the roof idc.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:40 AM   #13387
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection

i?m fairly neutral with the design. also like the side profile, but the rest of the car is too retro for my preference. dont care for that paint at all.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:59 AM   #13388
OliverCarrie

OliverCarrie is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn! Sex is the right word, cured13. Being a truck enthusiast, I'm not really a fan of sports cars, but those black rims look sexy.

Last edited by OliverCarrie; 05-28-2021 at 05:18 PM..
OliverCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:06 AM   #13389
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post

i?m fairly neutral with the design. also like the side profile, but the rest of the car is too retro for my preference. dont care for that paint at all.
Its 2" longer, 1"wider, and almost an inch lower than the 350z. You can do that with just a refresh. The overall shape is still reminiscent of all the Z?s so of course it?ll be easy to compare side by side.

And as far as the katana goes, if they wouldn?t have said a damn thing about it being a katana nobody would have had an issue with it. Extra accent trim pieces are becoming more common in the industry. Kia and Hyundai are doing it the most. It?s also an incredible way thing to correct by wrapping it.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:21 AM   #13390
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverCarrie View Post
Damn! Sex is the right word, cured13. Being a truck enthusiast, I'm not really a fan of sports cars, but those black rims look sexy. They're as dark as the matte black wheels REMOVED LINK I bought for my truck.

This reeks of a spam post, but none of your other posts have links in them and you are actually interacting with people. Also weird you are on a sports car forum not liking sports cars.

I will call it spam light. Further rando links like this will get you perma banned as a spammer.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:26 AM   #13391
Future240
Future Moderator

Refresh, redo, new car. Who gives af honestly. Like Nissan can afford to build a whole new chassis. This is probably the best/cheapest option for them. Redesign a current car, use the same chassis, give it an engine and trans you already make, update the interior.

Boom "new" car.

Its not like it is not done already.

BMW does it.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:38 AM   #13392
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Its 2" longer, 1"wider, and almost an inch lower than the 350z. You can do that with just a refresh. The overall shape is still reminiscent of all the Z?s so of course it?ll be easy to compare side by side.

And as far as the katana goes, if they wouldn?t have said a damn thing about it being a katana nobody would have had an issue with it. Extra accent trim pieces are becoming more common in the industry. Kia and Hyundai are doing it the most. It?s also an incredible way thing to correct by wrapping it.
So it's on par with the s13-s14-s15 generations? Most people here don't have much problem with that. Aside from the tired styling and dated tech that are out the window with the new car, are there any real problems with the 370z?
Old 09-17-2020, 08:42 AM   #13393
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Refresh, redo, new car. Who gives af honestly. Like Nissan can afford to build a whole new chassis. This is probably the best/cheapest option for them. Redesign a current car, use the same chassis, give it an engine and trans you already make, update the interior.

Boom "new" car.

Its not like it is not done already.

BMW does it.
Yep. The new IS that Lexus unveiled for 2021 is on the same platform from the 2005 model. I think 3 or 4 'facelifts' are starting to become the norm now.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:47 AM   #13394
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
So it's on par with the s13-s14-s15 generations? Most people here don't have much problem with that. Aside from the tired styling and dated tech that are out the window with the new car, are there any real problems with the 370z?
Correct, if the 370z got the TT 6 for the last few years with 400hp wed all really just be clamoring for a new exterior design.

And here we are with all of the above and a generally well received design.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:05 AM   #13395
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
It's tacky, but I'm still in disbelief a Japanese car company bolted a twin turbo v6 to a manual gearbox in 2020.

They can put a fucking sword on the roof idc.
Seriously this all day.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:16 PM   #13396
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

$20 Toyota announces a manual Supra within the next 6 months.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:42 PM   #13397
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Yea, I agree that is something we can see come out soon-ish.

The Z4 has it (in Europe), so it's possible the Supra can get it too. https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/22/...mission-supra/
Old 09-17-2020, 01:45 PM   #13398
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
I actually saw the pictures, before the video and it was literally the first thing I noticed. One of my personal pet peeves is satin metal/ chrome/ stainless trims on sports cars (especially window trims). Door handles and small emblems are fine, though.

Quote:
are there any real problems with the 370z?
They are pretty known to need an external oil cooler for heavy/ spirited driving and track use. The most recent Best Motoring Tsukuba 5lap battle had a 370Z Nismo not finish, because of this.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:57 PM   #13399
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Maybe it's the result of being a child of the 80s and 90s but I'm basically allergic to chrome trim. It has not place beyond the 70s. If your design needs accented to that degree you need to figure out what isn't working.

I almost guarantee you there's a welded seam under the trim and that katana is the chosen means of hiding it.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:27 PM   #13400
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Maybe it's the result of being a child of the 80s and 90s but I'm basically allergic to chrome trim. It has not place beyond the 70s. If your design needs accented to that degree you need to figure out what isn't working.

I almost guarantee you there's a welded seam under the trim and that katana is the chosen means of hiding it.
my biggest gripe about this car has been that giant swatch of chrome trim around the rear side window. . . . oh yeah and the terrible grille shape

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:44 PM   #13401
SERADAMEL

SERADAMEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Maybe it's the result of being a child of the 80s and 90s but I'm basically allergic to chrome trim.
That's a good one, lol

SERADAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:51 PM   #13402
brownspeed

brownspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Dont care what it looks like just bring back some fun to the nissan.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
brownspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 06:23 AM   #13403
altitude
Leaky Injector

altitude is an unknown quantity at this point
Not in the market for this but doesnt mean I can't chime in

I prefer this look to the new Supra's. Honestly I just hate the new Supra's look...

Same chassis makes sense. Reduces the chances they pull an IDX again no? And a Z based on the Q60 would end up bigger and heavier.

Katana: didnt notice.

6Spd and a TT option is a must at this point otherwise don't bother Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownspeed View Post
Dont care what it looks like just bring back some fun to the nissan.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Are the posts counts wrong or thats really your first post in 8 years?

Last edited by altitude; 09-18-2020 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: forgot
altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:06 AM   #13404
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
They are pretty known to need an external oil cooler for heavy/ spirited driving and track use. The most recent Best Motoring Tsukuba 5lap battle had a 370Z Nismo not finish, because of this.
That's pretty minor. I guess I was thinking something like a suspension design flaw or chassis cracks like the E46 strut towers. And it seems that the Q60 red sport 400 has a factory oil cooler and and probably an upgrade available somewhere. So in all likelihood, the 400z will get one too.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:07 AM   #13405
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
That's pretty minor. I guess I was thinking something like a suspension design flaw or chassis cracks like the E46 strut towers. And it seems that the Q60 red sport 400 has a factory oil cooler and and probably an upgrade available somewhere. So in all likelihood, the 400z will get one too.
Ya, I think the chassis and suspension design is pretty problem free.

People that track them do say they have the following problems that need to be addressed:
  • Fuel starvation. Apparently they like to go dead when making fast right turns with 1/2, or less of a tank in them (some even report problems at 7/8 full).
  • Needs a larger P/S cooler.
  • Needs brake cooling ducts.
  • Something about "Ice Mode" messing up the braking.
I'm seeing people say that they need about $3K in mods if you want to track one. Seems like it wouldn't be that much from the fixes I've looked up, though...
Old 09-18-2020, 09:10 AM   #13406
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
right on the $$
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:14 PM   #13407
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
Ya, I think the chassis and suspension design is pretty problem free.

People that track them do say they have the following problems that need to be addressed:
  • Fuel starvation. Apparently they like to go dead when making fast right turns with 1/2, or less of a tank in them (some even report problems at 7/8 full).
  • Needs a larger P/S cooler.
  • Needs brake cooling ducts.
  • Something about "Ice Mode" messing up the braking.
I'm seeing people say that they need about $3K in mods if you want to track one. Seems like it wouldn't be that much from the fixes I've looked up, though...
I don't care if they "s15'd" it. It just means there will be less bugs in early models and lower production costs. With a new interior and exterior, would you even feel a difference?
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:24 PM   #13408
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I would not mind a refresh too, as long as it becomes more competitive as a performance car at it's price point and it doesn't balloon into a $50k and up car. Would be nice to see the mustang and camero have some competition.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:59 AM   #13409
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I don't care if they "s15'd" it. It just means there will be less bugs in early models and lower production costs. With a new interior and exterior, would you even feel a difference?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I would not mind a refresh too, as long as it becomes more competitive as a performance car at it's price point and it doesn't balloon into a $50k and up car. Would be nice to see the mustang and camero have some competition.
I agree with both of these.

I just hope they fix the small track flaws that plague the 350/ 370Z. That alone with the new TT V6 + 6spd manual is a good start.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:52 AM   #13410
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:

120% Agree.