Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-22-2021, 01:00 AM   #13681
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
Toyota bumper is 100x better than the BRZ.
Reminds me lot of the upcoming Z but I think the front bumper works better here.

Gotta say really liking toyota exterior designs these days, everything from this, the zupra, yaris gr and even corolla hatch (too bad it probably sucks to drive).

I'm a lot more pissed we don't get a Yaris GR. Some of the aftermarket treatments looking good to me.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/toms...yota-yaris-gr/
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2021, 05:31 AM   #13682
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It?s just sooooo generic honestly. The current model has more personality.

The Z is where it?s at for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2021, 02:55 PM   #13683
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
eh... new BRZ is such a disappointment over all. same old car, same old excuses from the manufacturer, and same god awful Japanese stigma of modern design in terms of "LETS PUT VENTS EVERYWHERE!!!"... also same ugly bubble butt look for loads of front angles thats plagued Japanese design since the 350z.

take a cue from the American brands, give the rear end definition so it doesnt look like a bubble assed eye sore... oh and add a goddamn turbo while youre at it instead of increasing engine compression to ungodly levels (13:5:1 get the fuck out of here Subaru)
This is a good assessment.

The ass is to short. Just needed stretched out like 3 inches.

The update does nothing for me.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:58 PM   #13684
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
It?s just sooooo generic honestly. The current model has more personality.

The Z is where it?s at for me.

We'll have to see.

I have zero hope for the Z. Right now it reminds me of thr Fiat 124.

I'm sincerely surprised this didn't become a thing.

Old 01-22-2021, 04:01 PM   #13685
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
We'll have to see.

I have zero hope for the Z. Right now it reminds me of thr Fiat 124.

I'm sincerely surprised this didn't become a thing.

thing i always found funny about the Fiat 124 is that it looked more like the Miata than the actual Miata did!!! literally the Fiat 124 looked like a natural evolution of the Miata (like an updated NA or NB) while the Miata looked like a cluster fuck of BMW, Jaguar, dumpster fire and placenta fluids.

the new Miata was just ugly IMO. the Fiat 124, fucking MINT!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 01:13 AM   #13686
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
both the z and the 86 look generic, I just think the overall design of the new 86 front bumper is a lot better executed and the rear end is less awkward than the current 86 and new Z.

next 86 is a bit boring looking but at least it's coherent front to back. overall I like it. doesn't look like someone slapped on Z32 tailights and other retro themed odd ends. but hey totally understood if one loves retro themes the new Z makes a lot of sense.

Quote:
thing i always found funny about the Fiat 124 is that it looked more like the Miata than the actual Miata did!!! literally the Fiat 124 looked like a natural evolution of the Miata (like an updated NA or NB)
i agree, the 124 even has the miata smiley face front end. damn shame supposedly it didn't drive as well as the ND and the turbo supposedly wasn't executed as well.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:32 PM   #13687
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any thoughts on the steering yoke in the Tesla Model S refresh?

I'm definitely not a fan. It really doesn't make sense to have this on a car designed for public roads.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:33 PM   #13688
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I'm entirely uncomfortable with how not a car it is, especially given the insane performance.
Old 01-28-2021, 01:41 PM   #13689
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post

I'm definitely not a fan. It really doesn't make sense to have this on a car designed for public roads.
What's the steering ratio now? Any system that has more than maybe 270 degrees of steering angle should have a full wheel. It's downright dangerous otherwise.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:25 PM   #13690
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
What's the steering ratio now? Any system that has more than maybe 270 degrees of steering angle should have a full wheel. It's downright dangerous otherwise.

I haven't seen any official information, but the rumor mill is that this will have a variable steering ratio tied to speed of the car. So a 180 turn at a stop would be a full lock.

Thankfully they will have a circular steering wheel: https://i.redd.it/85nui31jd0e61.jpg
Old 01-28-2021, 08:04 PM   #13691
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Like as an option? Or did they change the design already?
Old 01-28-2021, 10:06 PM   #13692
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
I'm entirely uncomfortable with how not a car it is, especially given the insane performance.
Quote:
Cnet agrees with you both.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/t...steering-yoke/
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:38 AM   #13693
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Like as an option? Or did they change the design already?

It's an option. Also it's a regulatory mandate by some state laws that the wheel must be circular (ex: https://delcode.delaware.gov/title21...07/index.shtml, ? 2197 (5)c).
Old 01-29-2021, 07:34 AM   #13694
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
The Future Automotive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post

This is just irresponsible and reckless. I get that he doesn?t want people to actually drive the cars, but making it HARDER for people that don?t want to drive the cars to actually drive the car is stupid. It looks cool, but guaranteed the body count starts stacking up when these come out.

On another note, the official beginning of the end has been announced folks. https://www.motortrend.com/news/gm-ev-sales-2035/

No more tailpipes for GM in just 13 years. So you realize how short that is? It?s essentially two car generations. Flash in the pan. Get your petrol fix while you can.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:49 AM   #13695
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
No more tailpipes for GM in just 13 years. So you realize how short that is? It?s essentially two car generations. Flash in the pan. Get your petrol fix while you can.
i love how the "green" folk really think that electric cars are the saviors of the planet... this has been stated over and over that electric cars are really no better than dino burning cars

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tilakdo...h=3d372d69650b

but hey, i guess ignorance really is bliss right?

Old 01-29-2021, 09:54 AM   #13696
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:
i love how the "green" folk really think that electric cars are the saviors of the planet... this has been stated over and over that electric cars are really no better than dino burning cars

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesmo...h=6307d407d2c8

Depends on who you ask I guess.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:57 AM   #13697
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
On another note, the official beginning of the end has been announced folks. https://www.motortrend.com/news/gm-ev-sales-2035/

No more tailpipes for GM in just 13 years. So you realize how short that is? It's essentially two car generations. Flash in the pan. Get your petrol fix while you can.
It is a short timeframe and IMO, I don't see this actually happening.

There would need to be a dynamic shift into building out the supporting infrastructure, improving consumer's perception/acceptance on EV, rapid improvement on battery technology and possible alternatives to the reliance on rare minerals that are currently concentrated in Pacific Asian regions.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:21 AM   #13698
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:

Tilak Doshi is a blowhard opinion writer with a vested interest in oil and gas.

He SPECIFICALLY left out the number one Lithium producer in the world: Australia, which produced 60% of the world's lithium in 2018. Its existence did not fit the narrative.

While I agree that electric cars are not the saviors of the planet, and certainly cause their own environmental damage during production, there's more to the problem of ICE cars (and more to the production of electric cars) than simply greenhouse gases. Particulate emissions and noise concerns are actually important to peoples' health as well.

I don't care about modern ICE cars, so their impending loss means nothing to me. There are so many, and I mean dozens upon dozens, of relatively modern, vintage, and antique cars I want to experience and that are infinitely more interesting than a new Corvette.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 10:53 AM   #13699
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
I don't care about modern ICE cars, so their impending loss means nothing to me. There are so many, and I mean dozens upon dozens, of relatively modern, vintage, and antique cars I want to experience and that are infinitely more interesting than a new Corvette.
much agreed. modern cars, electric or gas, dont do squat for me. the way the world is headed in terms of gadgetry and sheer laziness is alarming and pathetic to me. but its not a topic im gonna get into. but yeah, we had a brand new corvette in here at my day job getting a full color change wrap last week and i wasnt impressed at all. too many gadgets and buttons. no manual option period. blindspots abound. no thank you!

Old 01-30-2021, 10:03 AM   #13700
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:
Tilak Doshi is a blowhard opinion writer with a vested interest in oil and gas.

He SPECIFICALLY left out the number one Lithium producer in the world: Australia, which produced 60% of the world's lithium in 2018. Its existence did not fit the narrative.

While I agree that electric cars are not the saviors of the planet, and certainly cause their own environmental damage during production, there's more to the problem of ICE cars (and more to the production of electric cars) than simply greenhouse gases. Particulate emissions and noise concerns are actually important to peoples' health as well.

This. All of this. Well said.
Old 01-30-2021, 10:29 AM   #13701
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

there are lots of very disconnecting ice cars these days and in some ways it is definitely worse when it comes to driver engagement. i liked the c8 at first but the lack of manual and more I read about it the less interested I am as well.

however I think there are still a lot of solid offerings that are new or newish. really liked driving a friends gt350, another friends fiesta st (got one myself last year). also test drove an ND and BRZ from dealers and thought they were all very solid to drive cars. If I had the chance to drive it, my guess is the GT4 would be a fun car. on my part will continue buying new or newish cars to support manufacturers who build them.

older cars are great and all but the prices definitely arent coming down. 240 prices are definitely not what they used to be.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:31 PM   #13702
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
New Frontier: derivative but pretty good-looking.

https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/rel...tier-press-kit
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:37 PM   #13703
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
New Frontier: derivative but pretty good-looking.

https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/rel...tier-press-kit
(in tune of a "your momma joke")

Nissan is SO CHEAP that they are still gonna put a KA24 in their brand new 2022 Frontier

Old 02-04-2021, 03:19 PM   #13704
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/04/...ine-spy-photo/

400 hp VR30DDTT finally confirmed sitting in the engine bay of the Z. There?s just no reason to not offer that engine.

Old 02-04-2021, 08:57 PM   #13705
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/04/...ine-spy-photo/

400 hp VR30DDTT finally confirmed sitting in the engine bay of the Z. There?s just no reason to not offer that engine.

Link to the insta with the photos
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKTkxsGBdLV/

Man. I am starting to get excited about this car. The VR30 is such a potent engine. Q50/Q60 owners have cracked 600whp on the stock block (though no word on how long that lasts yet) with upgraded turbos.

Even if you don't want big big numbers, this car has the potential to be the new MKIV in terms of modiblity and horsepower.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:09 AM   #13706
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Idk if anyone else watched the new Frontier and Pathfinder reveal on Thursday. But I love the new Frontier so far.
Compared to all the competitors in the segment it's a really nice truck inside and out and performance wise. Also surprisingly quiet inside when driving compared to the competition.

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/04/...#slide-2293510

TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:12 PM   #13707
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Yeah it's a good looking truck, especially in that color too. Apparently they based it heavily off the D21 Hardbody years. Looking like it's definitely going to start at over $30k though.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:30 PM   #13708
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Yeah it's a good looking truck, especially in that color too. Apparently they based it heavily off the D21 Hardbody years. Looking like it's definitely going to start at over $30k though.
He left out the best (worst) shot.

https://images.cars.com/cldstatic/wp...y--profile.jpg

Um, is that hood longer than the damn bed.

Thing reminds me of a miniature GMC Sierra and not in a good way.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:32 PM   #13709
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
He left out the best (worst) shot.

https://images.cars.com/cldstatic/wp...y--profile.jpg

Um, is that hood longer than the damn bed.

Thing reminds me of a miniature GMC Sierra and not in a good way.
This truck is barely longer than the outgoing model.

There's also a long bed too.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:57 PM   #13710
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/09/...-celica-rumor/

Well this is interesting. Toyota may make a Toyota badged WRX, possibly a coupe!!?? Celica Alltrac? Doubt this will happen but it?s a pretty cool thought.