Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-03-2022, 04:05 PM   #13921
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The only negative with the GR corolla is ADM is likely to be through the roof with 1,500 circuit editions and 5,000ish regular base editions.

great car otherwise. Hoping it’ll outperform the CTR and Golf R, arguably its only real competitors now
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2022, 10:14 PM   #13922
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can’t wait to see how fast it can lap on Tsukuba.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 03:07 PM   #13923
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
The only thing I wonder about the GR Corolla is how difficult it'd be to swap that motor into a GR86 lol
Old 04-06-2022, 08:23 AM   #13924
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
The only thing I wonder about the GR Corolla is how difficult it'd be to swap that motor into a GR86 lol
Daddy Motor Works did a G16E-GTS swap into an AE86: https://youtu.be/65DxBT5wx8g

Apparently, the Super Taikyu GR86 uses a 1.4L version.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 05:42 PM   #13925
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
The only negative with the GR corolla is ADM is likely to be through the roof with 1,500 circuit editions and 5,000ish regular base editions.
I hope this isn't true, but I can see it. Auto manufactures seem to be having a hell of a time keeping up with the demand, adding a new vehicle to their lineup without discontinuing another will put extra stress on them to complete orders and get cars out to customers.

For reference I work at a Subaru dealer, not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but Subaru closed ordering for the BRZ back in January and has yet to open it back up. This comes after they had the BEST months of BRZ sales, ever. What really blows my mind is our retailer has sold 9 BRZ's this year (I believe these are cars ordered last year) yet we got 6 or 7 of the new WRX in the other day on a single delivery. Not sure what to speculate from that, but it is interesting to see regardless.

Back to the topic of the GR Corolla, I drive a Corolla hatch daily and absolutely love the car. Ever since the original rumors of the GR Corolla I have been telling myself if they do it right, I want to get into one. I think they checked all the boxes with what they are bringing to market and have my name on a list for when they do drop pricing/ordering information. With woes of small production numbers it worries me to see just what pricing is going to end up looking like, but hey I guess its just a waiting game now.
Old 04-07-2022, 12:11 PM   #13926
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
what a cool little motor. I'd love one in my s14!

spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 06:30 PM   #13927
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I wonder in how many minutes they will be sold out.

The only hope is that Toyota decide to sell these engines to the public.
I saw in some video the shot with the cylinder sleeves of this little monster and these looked massive.
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 03:30 PM   #13928
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Whelp the 400Z is delayed again. Oh Noes...
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 07:00 AM   #13929
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Not a big one though. Seems between June and August. Plus can't blame them for supply issues
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2023...d-summer-2022/

Im waiting on the youtube embargos. I want to see how this pairs up against the Mustang GT and Camaro ss. It's down on power but ways a bit less.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 12:32 PM   #13930
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
https://www.motortrend.com/features/...ences-changes/
Old 05-02-2022, 10:27 PM   #13931
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
So is it gonna weight +3,500lbs?

Still ugly as get out.

New GR86 is ugly as shit too.
Old 05-16-2022, 11:05 AM   #13932
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
New Z reviews are coming out and surprise, surprise... the steering isn't very good.

It's such a big part of driving a car and almost no one gets it right. I haven't driven a modern car with good steering in a very long time.
Old 05-16-2022, 11:38 AM   #13933
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
New Z reviews are coming out and surprise, surprise... the steering isn't very good.

It's such a big part of driving a car and almost no one gets it right. I haven't driven a modern car with good steering in a very long time.
So it's pretty much anything will electric power steering. I'd agree. Only exception I can think of is S2000's. Those seem to feel great to me.
Old 05-16-2022, 12:18 PM   #13934
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
So it's pretty much anything will electric power steering. I'd agree. Only exception I can think of is S2000's. Those seem to feel great to me.
When they work. Kinda scary when those torque sensors get grease and grime in them and it gives you the death shake.
Even more terrifying is that the "repair" is just to take it apart and clean it.

I used to work in the automotive industry, specifically in electric power steering systems. The kinds of risks associated with implementing EPS that the manufacturers accept just to get an extra 0.8 mpg frighten me.

Y U DO DIS
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 02:02 PM   #13935
Future240
Future Moderator

That seems to be a point of contention. Doug says steers good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5D-4JyG2dA

So does car and driver
Quote:
This all adds up to a Z-car that grips tenaciously on the track, with approachable limits that are easy to kiss and correct. There's a bit of understeer if you charge a corner too hard, but the nose tucks in obediently if you breathe off the throttle. It's also far more livable day in and day out. The ride has shaken off its previous flintiness, and coarse road noise is no longer an ever-present nuisance. The steering builds up well and communicates on the track but hardly does the same when aimed straight. Our Sonata N Line long-termer has better on-center definition when highway cruising.
Road and track says good
Quote:
Nissan expects the take rate on the manual to be relatively high, possibly even over 50% in the new Z. It’s an excellent, analog driving experience. Nissan also refused to quote acceleration numbers when directly asked. Tamura-san replied, “conditions will dictate the testing results, and I’m sure your magazine will test them for yourself. We prioritized it being a willing dance partner instead of getting good numbers.”

RELATED STORIES

Why the New Nissan Z Has a Retro Design

The New Z Proves You Should Just Build the Concept

New Nissan Z Will Be a 'Dance Partner'
And it is a good dance partner! On the track, at the limit of adhesion, it is possible to micro-adjust in the mid corner and have the car listen and communicate some feedback. The new steering system is very good and more precise than before. The Bridgestone tires squeal long before they break away, which is good for people who want to learn the limits safely.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:18 PM   #13936
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
well... any interest i had in the new Z is dead.

has a floor pivoting gas pedal. NOPE!!! EW!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 06:09 PM   #13937
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

There can be good floor-pivoting throttles- BMW E30/36/46, Porsche 911.

Doug is not someone I trust for driving dynamics, Car and Driver specifically said "on track" and R&T said "have the car... communicate some feedback" and "very good and more precise."

I am completely and totally writing off the car before it's available because 1. I don't care and 2. I don't care. You may not care that it's bigger and heavier but those combined with its likely horrendous steering means I could not care less.

Now's a perfect time for a Datsun 1200 build.
Old 05-16-2022, 06:27 PM   #13938
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
has a floor pivoting gas pedal. NOPE!!! EW!
Never understand why people freak out about floor mounted pedals. Is it too comfortable?!
Old 05-17-2022, 12:10 AM   #13939
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Never understand why people freak out about floor mounted pedals. Is it too comfortable?!
heel toe shifting on them is a nightmare... and for those of us who have only ever owned floating pedal cars, its REALLY hard to adjust to given i operate my gas pedal from the bottom of said pedal, not the top.

dumbest. idea. ever.

yes, im an old man who yells at clouds and tells those pesky kids to get off my lawn.

Old 05-17-2022, 12:38 PM   #13940
Corbic
Post Whore!

"New" Z is 3,600lbs..

Chonky
Old 05-17-2022, 12:44 PM   #13941
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
"New" Z is 3,600lbs..

Chonky
lawd... its pushing G37 coupe weight now (which i think was like 3750).

guess nissan added that extra 50hp up from the 370z to compensate for the extra 120lbs.

Old 05-17-2022, 01:31 PM   #13942
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Lennon, you gotta try a decent 911 if you're gonna hate on floor-hinged pedals. Next time you're in San Diego county, drop me a line and I'll get you in something that will make you a convert.

Or it'll cement your opinion. Kinda 50/50.
Old 05-17-2022, 01:43 PM   #13943
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Lennon, you gotta try a decent 911 if you're gonna hate on floor-hinged pedals. Next time you're in San Diego county, drop me a line and I'll get you in something that will make you a convert.

Or it'll cement your opinion. Kinda 50/50.
doubt ill be in cali anytime soon... ive honestly never been a porsche fan. ive sat in and driven a few (all were automatics as well) and have just never liked them at all.

im middle aged, fickle and really dont adapt well to newer technologies. to me luxury in a car is simply having a USB port in my stereo, having AC and cruise control (along with my manual transmission). thats it. anything passed that makes my brain hurt. ive been working on and behind computers all my life and i know exactly how unreliable all of this technology is that manufacturers are cramming into cars now. its INITIALLY reliable, but give it time and i think the bulk of modern cars are NOT going to age well (like 80s and 90s cars have that were properly engineer using both analogue and digital technologies that were all simple). cars of today are going to sit in junkyards and rot for the most part... especially Teslas, Priuses, Volts and any other car thats entire functionality relies on batteries or complex ECMs/BCMs/TCMs.

ive only ever owned vehicles with floating gas pedals and its what im used to and prefer. ive driven a few modern cars with floor pivoting gas pedals and i simply do not like them at all. heel toe shifting is damn near impossible and i drive using the bottom of my gas pedal for the most part. you cant actuate floor pivoting pedals by the bottom of the pedal which will drive me to drink even more so than i already do.

Old 05-17-2022, 02:43 PM   #13944
Future240
Future Moderator

I take it you do not like auto rev matching tech in cars?
Old 05-17-2022, 04:44 PM   #13945
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I take it you do not like auto rev matching tech in cars?
i can see the appeal... but those that actually learn how to do it (like myself and many others, im sure, on this forum thru the years), its kinda cheating. i get the gimmick, but whatever.

im personally not a fan of it. biggest reason of all is simple, just something else that will eventually go wrong and break.

Old 05-18-2022, 09:23 AM   #13946
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i can see the appeal... but those that actually learn how to do it (like myself and many others, im sure, on this forum thru the years), its kinda cheating. i get the gimmick, but whatever.

im personally not a fan of it. biggest reason of all is simple, just something else that will eventually go wrong and break.
+1. Manually rev-matching feels so satisfying to do haha.

Also, does auto-rev-matching eliminate the need to heel-toe? If so, that takes some of the fun out of driving a stick.
Old 05-18-2022, 12:55 PM   #13947
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
+1. Manually rev-matching feels so satisfying to do haha.

Also, does auto-rev-matching eliminate the need to heel-toe? If so, that takes some of the fun out of driving a stick.
It's defeatable. I have no problem with the option. To much other BS to bitch about on that car.

It's like we've finally hit the end.

FRS - made it uglier and still rocking a garbage tier engine.

Supra - just a BMW

400ZX - everything we hated about the Z33 and Z34 turned to 11

GTR will be dead soon.

NSX was still born.

FCA will be phasing out the Hemi.

Ford has gone full retard, the S650 will likely be the last V8 Mustang and the Coyotes days are numbered.

STI is dead.

Evo is dead.

Genesis Coupe - so much promise, so much failure.

Shockingly we have turbo AWD Mazdas and Toyotas - 20 years ago I'd have been stoked, today, I don't care.

Hello 1973 Special Covid Edition
Old 05-18-2022, 03:57 PM   #13948
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
ALL OF WHAT CORBIC SAID!!!
couldnt agree more!

Old 05-19-2022, 07:30 AM   #13949
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:
It's defeatable. I have no problem with the option. To much other BS to bitch about on that car.

It's like we've finally hit the end.

FRS - made it uglier and still rocking a garbage tier engine.

Supra - just a BMW

400ZX - everything we hated about the Z33 and Z34 turned to 11

GTR will be dead soon.

NSX was still born.

FCA will be phasing out the Hemi.

Ford has gone full retard, the S650 will likely be the last V8 Mustang and the Coyotes days are numbered.

STI is dead.

Evo is dead.

Genesis Coupe - so much promise, so much failure.

Shockingly we have turbo AWD Mazdas and Toyotas - 20 years ago I'd have been stoked, today, I don't care.

Hello 1973 Special Covid Edition
Yeah, sadly we all saw this coming. Just sucks for it to all just come into fruition. Everything will have some form of electrification for each nameplate's next generation. It'll be a polarizing next 10'ish years. Hold on to your 'analog' cars, folks. This is it.

I was hoping to get back into an S-chassis within 5 years, but the way prices are appreciating right now, might need to sell a kidney to get an unmolested one haha.
Old 05-19-2022, 08:22 AM   #13950
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
I was hoping to get back into an S-chassis within 5 years, but the way prices are appreciating right now, might need to sell a kidney to get an unmolested one haha.
Soon a kidney won't be enough. I have dreamed of owning an S15. I checked on current prices.

How about a NA base model for 30K
https://www.tc-v.com/used_car/nissan...28154/?isNew=1

Or an admittedly clean Spec R with low miles for 51K?
https://www.tc-v.com/used_car/nissan...04351/?isNew=1

I'd like to know who would buy something like that when you are DEEP into, used Porsche, Specialty Mustang, Zl1 Camaro, Corvette, M3/M4 territory all of which would run circles around a stock S15.