Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-23-2018, 05:11 PM   #511
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Thanks for the info on the speedo setup guys. I was just wondering how to handle this.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:44 PM   #512
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
What master you guys using? I just bled a s13 master to z33 external slave, seems there isn't enough adjustment at the pedal to get enough travel. Pedal does nothing half way down, I can't lengthen the master anymore.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:47 PM   #513
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by di-devol View Post
What master you guys using? I just bled a s13 master to z33 external slave, seems there isn't enough adjustment at the pedal to get enough travel. Pedal does nothing half way down, I can't lengthen the master anymore.
I’m not sure what master these guys are using for anything besides the Mazworx kit since it uses the SR slave.

However I had the same issue on my SR with the stock trans and a Z31 slave. I ended up machining a threaded sleeve to extend the travel on my pedal so that the slave would fully stroke the clutch fork.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:54 PM   #514
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
I’m not sure what master these guys are using for anything besides the Mazworx kit since it uses the SR slave.

However I had the same issue on my SR with the stock trans and a Z31 slave. I ended up machining a threaded sleeve to extend the travel on my pedal so that the slave would fully stroke the clutch fork.
Thanks! I'm just gonna do something like that.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:12 PM   #515
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways2004 View Post
For the adapter plate that uses the auto bell housing for 2jz. Most are setup to use a t56 hydraulic throw out bearing.

Anyone have any experience with the oem gm t56 hydraulic tob? Or should I just upgrade to tilton hydraulic??
Does anyone have any experience with the t56 tob??

I'm leaning towards just using a tilton tob.
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:23 PM   #516
KyleT
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
KyleT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by di-devol View Post
Running the oem s13 master with a 350z slave. No problems with my collins kit.
KyleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:13 AM   #517
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Teambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
We can do the Z33/ Z34 transmission housing for RB,CA,SR,JZ so it makes it a true bolt in trans, no adaptors or customs clutches etc etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13384775_10156913963075304_590250051_n.jpg (78.3 KB, 69 views)
Old 02-19-2018, 05:38 AM   #518
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teambadrun View Post
We can do the Z33/ Z34 transmission housing for RB,CA,SR,JZ so it makes it a true bolt in trans, no adaptors or customs clutches etc etc.
HOw much and any more info?? It seems your is Aussie, so I cannot image what the shipping rate to the US would be
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:38 AM   #519
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Looks like a chop and weld.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:07 PM   #520
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Teambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to all
to carry out the work it is $1,000AUD. For the SR,RB,JZ, etc. We would need only your Z housing sent to us, the rest we have. You would need to cover the cost of freight back to you ofcourse.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:16 PM   #521
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
1,000 AUD = 791 USD. That's not even including shipping too and from and wait time. The Mazworxs bell housing is a much better deal.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:20 PM   #522
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
1,000 AUD = 791 USD. That's not even including shipping too and from and wait time. The Mazworxs bell housing is a much better deal.
For the SR20 It may be. But we do the JZ with our own casted front section, shorten it by 2" and this allows you to run any JZ clutch combo ( ORC, OS Giken, HKS, Exedy, Tilton etc) without the use of custom flywheels and lame single plate clutches, and also moves the shifter as far forward as possible, resulting in the shifter sitting in the centre of the console surround if the JZ is placed all the way to the back near the flywheel bulkhead with a nice shifter (we make those on cnc also, or Gktech , ISR shifters)
Old 02-20-2018, 06:26 PM   #523
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

A sample of our Famous JZ Housings, these are such a nice product.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10968462_742542922508940_4882671471783215635_n.jpg (115.3 KB, 61 views)
Old 02-25-2018, 09:43 PM   #524
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Mazworx isn't machining bellhousings
Collins isn't machining bellhousings (said they may have someone local that can)
Anyone know of a place in central or north central FL that can machine the damn thing?
Old 02-25-2018, 10:28 PM   #525
Lazyvert93

Lazyvert93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joobie610 View Post
I'm using a local kit for SR20 to z33 in Australia by Insane Drifters. They're on fb.

https://facebook.com/InsaneDrifters/

Paid AUD $2350.00 including shipping.

It came with:

- Adapter plate
- Bellhousing machining
- Test fit to ensure everything fit without further modification (no chassis mods)
- Shifter w/ Reverse Lockout
- Gearbox crossmember adapter plates (suit s15 gearbox crossmember and factory mount)
- All required bolts/nuts/washers
- Braided clutch line to suit RHD s13 master to z33 slave
- Single piece tailshaft to suit abs housing

I haven't fit it to the car yet, but he uses the same setup in his ADGP s13 and his old man's daily s15. Looks the goods, comes out in factory location with no need to modify anything.

I believe he would be willing to sell components separately, I just couldn't say no to having it test fit before I coughed up dough.

Edit: I'm using the factory z33 throwout fork and pivot with a Nismo Super coppermix twin plate. I've been told that it will work - another customer has used it before I think.
Could I ask you a question. What rear diff did you end up running with the jz swap?
Lazyvert93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:29 PM   #526
Lazyvert93

Lazyvert93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Could I ask a question. What rear diff did you end up running with the jz swap?
Lazyvert93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:23 AM   #527
loucal
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
loucal has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hey all,

I've had this transmission in my car (S14Sr in an S14 chassis) for about 4 years now. So glad to see a thread like this.

Current Setup:
-Collins Adapter
- Gk Tech Shifter Kit
- Shaft masters 1 pc steel driveshaft
- Dakota digital box
- J30 pumpkin w/abs signal

The biggest issues really for me are shifter location and speedo.

Shifters used:
- Collins shifter "modification services"- Complete failure and i dont think he even offers this anymore.
- Mazworx- Great piece but doesn't shorten the trans enough to put center console back to stock. (Still have this if someone needs to buy one)
- GKTech- Amazing build quality and customer support. Still doesn't not bring the shifter in enough to close up the center console. Does have a bit of a rattling issue.

Speedo
- In it's current state it reads and my speedo fuctions but it is off about 25-30 mph which is obviously not ideal. Every possible setting has been played with on the digital box but it looks like it just doesn't play nice with the J30 ABS sensor.

My goal is to have the center console look stock again. It looks like the only way that is possible is with the CBF or Serial999 unit which didn't even exist when i did this whole thing.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions! It was a PITA to do but i honestly love having it given my current power level. It gives a tone of piece of mind.

Lou
loucal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:00 PM   #528
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
beems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by loucal View Post
Hey all,

I've had this transmission in my car (S14Sr in an S14 chassis) for about 4 years now. So glad to see a thread like this.

Current Setup:
-Collins Adapter
- Gk Tech Shifter Kit
- Shaft masters 1 pc steel driveshaft
- Dakota digital box
- J30 pumpkin w/abs signal

The biggest issues really for me are shifter location and speedo.

Shifters used:
- Collins shifter "modification services"- Complete failure and i dont think he even offers this anymore.
- Mazworx- Great piece but doesn't shorten the trans enough to put center console back to stock. (Still have this if someone needs to buy one)
- GKTech- Amazing build quality and customer support. Still doesn't not bring the shifter in enough to close up the center console. Does have a bit of a rattling issue.

Speedo
- In it's current state it reads and my speedo fuctions but it is off about 25-30 mph which is obviously not ideal. Every possible setting has been played with on the digital box but it looks like it just doesn't play nice with the J30 ABS sensor.

My goal is to have the center console look stock again. It looks like the only way that is possible is with the CBF or Serial999 unit which didn't even exist when i did this whole thing.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions! It was a PITA to do but i honestly love having it given my current power level. It gives a tone of piece of mind.

Lou
I was planning on cutting my GK Tech shifter and adding a dog leg to it so its in the stock location. Have you tried another abs sensor? I was contemplating just swapping the 350z diff in
Old 02-26-2018, 12:21 PM   #529
loucal
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beems240sx View Post
I was planning on cutting my GK Tech shifter and adding a dog leg to it so its in the stock location. Have you tried another abs sensor? I was contemplating just swapping the 350z diff in
Yea i thought about cutting the shifter and modding it to center it too.

Not sure how similar the ABS sensor for an old J30 pumpkin would be compared to a different one/newer one. I have an s15 helical diff in the J30 pumpkin so i'll have to make due with what i have for now. The GPS option seems to be my best bet since i already have the Dakota digital box.

Lou
Old 02-26-2018, 04:21 PM   #530
Joobie610
Leaky Injector

Joobie610 is making a name for him/her selfJoobie610 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyvert93 View Post
Could I ask you a question. What rear diff did you end up running with the jz swap?
Wow, I haven't looked at this thread for ages. I run an SR20 in a '97 180sx.

It comes with an R200 ABS longnose diff from factory. I'm using the ABS sensor in the nose of the diff to pickup the speed, R32 extended rear (for extra oil/cooling), 2-way (Tomei I think), R32 5 bolt half shafts and brake setup.

My driveshaft was custom made to suit the application as part of the kit.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:02 PM   #531
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
I posted this in another thread, but I think it's appropriate in this thread for obvious reasons..

I've been contemplating this lately with having the Z33 trans in two of my S13's. I'm thinking of having a fabricator friend make me a removable/replaceable steel skid plate that bolts to the frame rails, spanning across them and just over the transmission. Yeah you use a little more ground clearance, but then you can just boardslide across that thing all day long and not hurt the trans, and then replace it off of a template when the time comes.
Something like welded nuts in the rails, and counter sunk screws into the plate.

I used to be against skid plates when my car was super slammed, because there wasn't any room between the street and the bottom of the car for a skid plate lol. But after ripping the oil pan off an engine and raising the car a bit, it's definitely a more appealing option than breaking the car.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 05:25 PM   #532
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I posted this in another thread, but I think it's appropriate in this thread for obvious reasons..

I've been contemplating this lately with having the Z33 trans in two of my S13's. I'm thinking of having a fabricator friend make me a removable/replaceable steel skid plate that bolts to the frame rails, spanning across them and just over the transmission. Yeah you use a little more ground clearance, but then you can just boardslide across that thing all day long and not hurt the trans, and then replace it off of a template when the time comes.
Something like welded nuts in the rails, and counter sunk screws into the plate.

I used to be against skid plates when my car was super slammed, because there wasn't any room between the street and the bottom of the car for a skid plate lol. But after ripping the oil pan off an engine and raising the car a bit, it's definitely a more appealing option than breaking the car.
I like that idea. My car isnt on the ground till Thursday, but Im a little worried about how low the trans hangs.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:38 PM   #533
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

beems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant future
I literally just had to raise my car an inch because of how low the transmission hangs, pretty bummed about it.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:40 PM   #534
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
So a skid plate seems like a great idea lol. I've heard tell that the z33 trans in Joe Haven's car is like scraped through to the lower bolt holes. Idk how it doesn't spill the fluid out everywhere.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:56 PM   #535
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
How think you thnk for the skidplate?
Old 02-26-2018, 06:02 PM   #536
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Not really sure, i'll have to see what's the most economical as far as sourcing the material, durability, etc. Probably like 1/2", 5/16" or 7/16"? Too thick and it's just a huge slab of weight down there, Too thin and might not stay attached to the car if hardware pulls through and obviously needs to be thick enough to hold up to the car sliding on it lol. Need to get down there and make some measurements, see how long it really needs to be to be effective.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:22 PM   #537
loucal
Leaky Injector

My trans came with the wires cut off of the plug for the reverse lights. luckily Wiring Specialties has this pigtail in stock! Going to wire this up with the sr reverse light plug wires to get it working hopefully this weekend.

https://www.wiringspecialties.com/vqreswco.html

I'll let everyone know if it works but I can't see why it wont.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:36 AM   #538
loucal
Leaky Injector

Hey Guys,

Small update:

Reverse lights: Working with factory wiring wired up to the CD009 reverse switch

Speedo: Working and accurate! Here is the setup:

Intellitronix GPS unit wired into the Dakota Digital SGI-5C

Dakota Digital Wiring:
Power: Any power source
Ground: Any ground
Sensor Ground: VSS ground
Input: Intellitronix white wire
Out 1: VSS signal

Dakota Digital Switches
#1: OFF
#2: ON
#3: ON
#4: OFF

Intellitronix Switches

#1: Down
#2: Up

The stock speedo does have a small lag but it is pinpoint accurate and i've verified it with the Speedbox app on my iPhone.

Lou
Old 03-05-2018, 01:40 PM   #539
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Not really sure, i'll have to see what's the most economical as far as sourcing the material, durability, etc. Probably like 1/2", 5/16" or 7/16"? Too thick and it's just a huge slab of weight down there, Too thin and might not stay attached to the car if hardware pulls through and obviously needs to be thick enough to hold up to the car sliding on it lol. Need to get down there and make some measurements, see how long it really needs to be to be effective.
The trans is about 2" from the ground. Sketch.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:07 PM   #540
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Mhm, good opportunity for a strong skid plate to protect it.