Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 03:30 AM   #1
Sideways Insomniacs
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Sideways Insomniacs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0073.jpg (494.1 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0074.jpg (504.7 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0077.jpg (505.3 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0079.jpg (480.7 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0078.jpg (504.3 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0083.jpg (487.4 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0085.jpg (497.6 KB, 160 views)

Last edited by Sideways Insomniacs; 08-01-2012 at 04:42 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2012, 04:27 AM   #2
ta2dpnoy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ta2dpnoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what were their response when you confronted them about it?
Old 08-01-2012, 05:25 AM   #3
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dude I understand where you're going with this, but with that Font, and capitalization this is not going to be read.

Word of advice less rant, state the facts people will read and make a choice.

Also now I tend to check out a shop before I decide to use them. Things I check for are reviews, work being preformed, organization, customers cars and thier demeanor. Yes you still can be mislead but it saves you alot of headache.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
Sideways Insomniacs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2dpnoy View Post
what were their response when you confronted them about it?
there response when i confronted them was you didn't not pay me to do wiring although i did pay them to reloacte my fuse box which is sitting on top of my motor melting. they were yelling & cussing me out telling me that i am a Effing Punkass etc etc. they where refusing to fix it all he wanted to do was electrical tape the wires. TPS never hooked up. Pretty much when i confronted them i got nothing but more insults. Was told im an import tuner wannabe pretty much.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
Sideways Insomniacs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADE View Post
Dude I understand where you're going with this, but with that Font, and capitalization this is not going to be read.

Word of advice less rant, state the facts people will read and make a choice.

Also now I tend to check out a shop before I decide to use them. Things I check for are reviews, work being preformed, organization, customers cars and thier demeanor. Yes you still can be mislead but it saves you alot of headache.
thanks for the advice i appreciate it i will fix it. I understand where you are coming from but im honestly kind of new to all of this. beforei took it there i seen all of there photos seen the work on the cars they have at the shop and heard from a few people about their work. now that i have been going around asking questions about the work done i am now find out that this is not the first time they have done a halfass job.

but honestly if you were in my situation what would you do? i pulled my car out now i have to take it else and spend more money.. how would you handle the situation?
Old 08-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
well you definitely have something and the pictures tell the story, but you need to cliff note your huge long run on rant, or change the font from angry guy font to being serious font. i would call the Better Business Bureau and tell them about it/give them pictures and if you don't want to pay, get a lawyer, it'll be cheaper than paying.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
Sideways Insomniacs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
well you definitely have something and the pictures tell the story, but you need to cliff note your huge long run on rant, or change the font from angry guy font to being serious font. i would call the Better Business Bureau and tell them about it/give them pictures and if you don't want to pay, get a lawyer, it'll be cheaper than paying.
Thanks for the advice i think that is what i will do. I honestly feel like i am being ripped off. On top of that the numerous amounts of insults i have received from them.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #8
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
+1 on this.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #9
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
There has ti be much more to this.story. i saw a facebook post about this group "sideways insomniacs" and that one of them tried to steal stuff from garage life. And that they were kicked out.

I donot work for GL or know anyone personally that does. Id like more explaining. Or at least let the shop owner defend himself. Daniel is a vegas pro am driver trying to make a living, i really doubt it went down like this chum bucket is saying it did.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #10
enderr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
enderr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticnissan View Post
There has ti be much more to this.story. i saw a facebook post about this group "sideways insomniacs" and that one of them tried to steal stuff from garage life. And that they were kicked out.

I donot work for GL or know anyone personally that does. Id like more explaining. Or at least let the shop owner defend himself. Daniel is a vegas pro am driver trying to make a living, i really doubt it went down like this chum bucket is saying it did.
your not allowed to post in your own review forum. read the rules before you post.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #11
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
This isnt my review thread sooo youre dumb. I clearly stated i donnot represent garage life or anyone who works there.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #12
Sideways Insomniacs
Zilvia Member

Quote:

The post that you are reffering to on FB was created by a kid named Max Dang that i removed from the team i am trying to create due to lack of effort the kid never came out with us when he did never attempted sliding nothing. Complete BS story think about it if i stole from a shopand it hit social medias would i be a free man no i would be in jail for theft. Haters are going to hate. Im not sitting here making up stories man you can clearly see the photos for yourself i have no reason to lie man. For what it doesnt help me out any. jus because your a pro am driver doesnt mean you do the best of work. yes there is two sides to every story he is more than welcmoe to share his side of the story. highly doubt he will tell you all the harrassment that went on the lag it took to get my car done. I have multiple shops that will tell you themselves that GL does half ass work its not all coming out of my mouth others have stated as well. A bash bar they built fell off after taping a tire come on now really. i understand where you are coming from but everything stated is the truth.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #13
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Did GL provide an invoice of all of the work?
Old 08-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #14
Sideways Insomniacs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin562 View Post
Did GL provide an invoice of all of the work?
yes they provided an invoice of the work which they refused to warrenty.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #15
Sideways Insomniacs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
This isnt my review thread sooo youre dumb. I clearly stated i donnot represent garage life or anyone who works there.
brotha you can go to amplified motorsports or shitoku racing ask them about garage life they have numerous customers that go to them after they leave garage life because of half ass jobs they did a suspension job on a s2k half the bolts were not even tightened properly. They had a subby that took over a year to swap come on now man straight facts from my exprience and expriences of others. me lying doesnt make me sound cool or benefit me nor anyone else in anyway shape or form. this is to help others and explain how my exprience with this shop was.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #16
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Well. I read about 95% of this thread. Judging your grammar, I would tend to think Garage Life didn't really screw you over the way you kind of make it sound... The pictures you showed us are kind of crappy and you don't really show us a before and after picture, not that you should have one, but you certainly don't paint a before picture. How are we suppose to know that you didn't bring in the car as a complete and horrid mess?

Sounds like you went in and asked them to do stuff that you didn't know what you were asking for. You say you are new to this, how are we suppose to know that You knew what you were asking for?
Old 08-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #17
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways Insomniacs View Post
brotha you can go to amplified motorsports or shitoku racing ask them about garage life they have numerous customers that go to them after they leave garage life because of half ass jobs they did a suspension job on a s2k half the bolts were not even tightened properly. They had a subby that took over a year to swap come on now man straight facts from my exprience and expriences of others. me lying doesnt make me sound cool or benefit me nor anyone else in anyway shape or form. this is to help others and explain how my exprience with this shop was.
Garage life is a brand new shop, have they even been open a year?
Old 08-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #18
brizanden
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
brizanden is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brizanden
looks pretty hagard to me is that is supposed to be finished product. the only thing i dont think should have a pic is the harness pic above the wheel. you have to notch the metal to get that harness out of the way enough.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #19
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
FIRST of all, WHAT did you bring your car in for to have done? For all we know, all that shit could have been there before you brought the car in.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #20
Chrischeezer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Chrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
what where you getting done to the car in the first place?

that radiator support is epic
Old 08-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #21
TC2SR
Zilvia Junkie

TC2SR is an unknown quantity at this point
I can tell you that this everything this man said is a lie. This is a 19 yr old kid who has made a reputation of himself for cussing out, insulting, arguing, and throwing racial slurs at numerous members of the drifting community and car scene whenever they disagree with him or argue with him. He has started too many online and personal arguments just b/c his ego was bruised. I dont need to tell you that Denise Llamas and Daniel Kuo runs Garage Life. If you really think Denise and DK operate like this joke of a person says he does, then i dare you to come down to this local shop and see for yourself instead of taking this immature guy's advice. This is not the whole story, this is only one side of a story told by a kid that has made a reputation of lying, and now stealing from car shops.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #22
TC2SR
Zilvia Junkie

TC2SR is an unknown quantity at this point
And Max Dang did not get "kicked out" of your team. He quit your team b/c you tried to get him to do something he was not comfortable with then you proceeded to slam him w/ racist slurs then proceeded to harass him online on his page, your page, and your team's page. However, people cant get the whole story b/c you tend to delete your racist and crazy comments after you post them. But all it takes is a few words around the community, especially from those that throw car meets around the socal area, who you proceeded to try to start online fights w/ for who would have "the better car meet," to see the real story. Hit up the guys that are responsible for the KKW meet. Ask him if a guy from insomanics didnt try to harass him online over something trying to start shit just b/c those guys from insomanics were trying to throw a meet too. You're just trying to start fights and spreading lies through the social media and its pathetic.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #23
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Wow. Denise is a good friend of mine. Good people. I've known her for years. She actually messaged me on fb because she was so upset. Here's our convo, she gave me permission to post it:

Denise Llamas
Kuya Norm!!!!

34 minutes agoDenise Llamas
i need your help

34 minutes agoNorman Carpio
Hi Denise how you do? How can I help you?

34 minutes agoDenise Llamas
some customer is complaining about us
and he wont pay the rest of his amount

33 minutes agoNorman Carpio
oh ok

33 minutes agoDenise Llamas
but the things he's complaining about, he didnt even ask us to work on it
it came that way
and some of the other stuff he's complaining about, he asked us to do it like that
and whenever you try to be stern with him and talk to him like an adult, this kid takes it as harassment
http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/46857...recommend.html
what should i do?

32 minutes agoNorman Carpio
did he sign anything? did u take any "before pics?

32 minutes agoDenise Llamas
yes i did
he signed a contract that he agrees to pay
AND
he signed a contract that he would be responsible to inspect the car before he takes it

31 minutes agoNorman Carpio
did u document everything that would be done and not done? and any pre existing conditions on the car?

31 minutes agoDenise Llamas
yes
i have all these

30 minutes agoNorman Carpio
you should be covered then

30 minutes agoDenise Llamas
papers
yes but look at what he's spreading on zilvia

30 minutes agoNorman Carpio
let me read it

30 minutes agoDenise Llamas
he was expecting us to warranty his engine
but neither built it not installed it
why would we warranty that
he wanted us to warranty a tube front end
that's an offroad product. who does that?

28 minutes agoNorman Carpio
wow. why did the car catch fire?
or did it?
okay i posted in the thread. let's see what he says
just sit tight for now

23 minutes agoDenise Llamas
i'm not sure what happened. Dk told me that when he was welding the tube, one of the sparks landed on a wire and made it catch on fire. So he put it out right away.
Dk said he fixed it.
That moses guy was rude and arrogant right from the start.

22 minutes agoNorman Carpio
ah ok so it wasn't a big fire then

21 minutes agoDenise Llamas
no, it was a small fire. a fire that Dk took care of. it just so happened that Moses was there when it happened

21 minutes agoNorman Carpio
ah ok

21 minutes agoDenise Llamas
and for people who dont know about working on cars, im sure they would freak out about that

21 minutes agoNorman Carpio
he didn't even post what he was having done to the car. what was he having done?

20 minutes agoDenise Llamas
tub and half tub front end, but we needed to have the frame pulled because he crashed pretty badly.
he claims someone hit him
then why was it a major FRONT end collision?
and the way it looked, it looked like he crashed into a pole or something

19 minutes agoNorman Carpio
you have pictures?
ok
was the car as janky in the pics when he brought it in?

17 minutes agoDenise Llamas
yes
that's EXACTLY they it was when he brought it in

17 minutes agoNorman Carpio
lmao ok

17 minutes agoDenise Llamas
you could see the wires hanging out from the outside of the car

15 minutes agoNorman Carpio
so he expected you guys to work a miracle on it and make it look new in addition to what you were paid to do and when the stuff he DIDN'T pay you to work on looked the same he was all butthurt
did he talk shit to you guys? he says he was being insulted

14 minutes agoDenise Llamas
yes, he constantly did

14 minutes agoNorman Carpio
and all you were supposed to do is the tub thing and relocate fusebox?

13 minutes agoDenise Llamas
yes
we weren't supposed to touch the engine at all
or any major harness work, that's some time consuming stuff

13 minutes agoNorman Carpio
relocate fusebox does not equal complete wiring job lol

13 minutes agoDenise Llamas
when I spoke to him like an adult, he would quiet up. i would talk to him like i would to another adult at my job when we're having a heated discussion
Norm, I'm educated. I know how to bring concerns about something and not have to resort to petty cussing and childish behavior

12 minutes agoNorman Carpio
i know you are

12 minutes agoDenise Llamas
I was the one who was talking to him and the kid is crying because an adult actually tried to talk to him how he needs to be spoken to

11 minutes agoNorman Carpio
so he was being very insulting and unreasonable?
did anyone there start insulting him or was it only after he did it
i think you're in the clear
from what you told me

7 minutes agoDenise Llamas
the one time i blew up at him
was AFTER he insulted us
and told us he wasn't paying us any money

6 minutes agoNorman Carpio
ok so you reacted to him

6 minutes agoDenise Llamas
yes
he even just hung up on me

Old 08-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #24
PhilipJdm
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
PhilipJdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First GL wasnt opened for more than a year so the Subaru story is pretty much BS

Also your car was already fucked up i've seen it, if you wanted someone to fix your car how you say you wanted it complaining about the radiator support and what not. Should of taken your car to a body to fix that part of your argument. It helps to be specific on what you want to be done too.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #25
Sideways Insomniacs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC2SR View Post
And Max Dang did not get "kicked out" of your team. He quit your team b/c you tried to get him to do something he was not comfortable with then you proceeded to slam him w/ racist slurs then proceeded to harass him online on his page, your page, and your team's page. However, people cant get the whole story b/c you tend to delete your racist and crazy comments after you post them. But all it takes is a few words around the community, especially from those that throw car meets around the socal area, who you proceeded to try to start online fights w/ for who would have "the better car meet," to see the real story. Hit up the guys that are responsible for the KKW meet. Ask him if a guy from insomanics didnt try to harass him online over something trying to start shit just b/c those guys from insomanics were trying to throw a meet too. You're just trying to start fights and spreading lies through the social media and its pathetic.

All I do is laugh at you who are you it is funny how people add there input on something they know nothing about like I said I have no reason to lie..
Old 08-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #26
Sideways Insomniacs
Zilvia Member

Things that were supposed to be done:
Front half tub & tube support with double bash bar
R&R starter
Relocate & Mount fuse box
Relocated P/S reservoir
Frame pull
New sub frame brace
Battery relocation
Push start installation
Intercooler piping installation
Old 08-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #27
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

So all that janky shit you were complaining about was already there. And you insulted them and refuse to pay them because they didnt fix it.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #28
Nismo240driftSX
Zilvia Junkie

Nismo240driftSX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways Insomniacs View Post
All I do is laugh at you who are you it is funny how people add there input on something they know nothing about like I said I have no reason to lie..
The way you are talking about your story, the lack of detail, etc. screams of something beyond what you have said going on. When people get all defensive, usually it means that they are at fault. Also, when people go around calling people liars, also usually means they are the ones in fact lying. Like someone else said, you come on here ranting, rather than telling us what was supposed to get worked on and what the end result was. You instantly started slandering their name and didn't allow us to decide for ourselves. The way you have talked about this incident basically makes our minds up for us. And ultimately, I think most of us won't believe you.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #29
626DRIFT
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
626DRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
So all that janky shit you were complaining about was already there. And you insulted them and refuse to pay them because they didnt fix it.
Yup. Totally agree.

@Sideways Insomniacs, I recommend that you work it out with garage life. You probably wouldn't want to have this end up in court or anything. It can get quite ugly.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #30
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

If this kids name is moses, he is not to be trusted or taken seriously. Ive seen his posts on fb and other places, he is a dumbass. His friends are nooo better either. I hope other garage life customers chime in with real experience with the shop.