Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #61
rwdaccordswtf
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
rwdaccordswtf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to rwdaccordswtf
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
and I don't give a fuck about speed bumps....i drive around them.
......................This
rwdaccordswtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #62
iStayBroke
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
iStayBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
yes, cause I drive...and I know that going lower only compromises the suspension geometry.....

but seriously...it's cause it looks thug as fuck...and I don't give a fuck about speed bumps....i drive around them.
QFT

Most of the people I know who slam their cars to the ground are aware that it doesn't do much to improve performance. But it looks good and they don't care.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #63
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I lowered my car, so I can turn heads when I cross over an intersection.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:23 AM   #64
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I think I got you. Yes, overlowering is useless, but you don't do it for it's usefullness. You do it because you like it and it looks good to you?

BTW raz0rbladez909, that S30 I posted was his car (if that helps connect the dots.)
I'm not going to try to pretend that i don't like my cars lower than most but that vehicle actually handles like you wouldn't believe, every control arm is very close to being parallel with the ground (I didn't just "dump it" on coilovers). I anticipate it being much better when the re-build is complete, to put it simply - the ride height is staying the same, the suspension geometry is not.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #65
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
I'd say shakotan would be the most apt term, as AFAIK it just means "low ride height" and can apply to any car type.

Typically when we think shakotan we think grachan/zokusha, 70s/80s Japanese sedans, but I think the term can denote a low car of any sort.

The term "lowrider" has come to denote 60s/70s/80s American cars done up in a certain style. The moniker now effectively means more than just "low car".

WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #66
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I think I got you. Yes, overlowering is useless, but you don't do it for it's usefullness. You do it because you like it and it looks good to you?

BTW raz0rbladez909, that S30 I posted was his car (if that helps connect the dots.)
Yeah, I kinda got that from the original post, I'm not an idiot. Don't get me wrong I love lowered cars, especially the s30(i have one too so Im in love with the looks) but I think it has become a competition of who can go lower than the other and it then it just looks stupid; Half of these cars aren't race cars they're peoples daily drivers, so they inconvenience EVERYONE ELSE on the road because they have to stop at every bump/dip/crack/pothole etc. because they are lowered to the point of stupidity. My opinon still stands on overlowered cars, and I can respect the fact that even though Ayuaddict has an awesomely low car, he still took the time to keep suspension geometry in mind. So his car is both functional and amazing looking, I can't wait to see it painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #67
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^Now that, I'm totally on board with. I like low alot, but if your drop & tire setup has utterly destroyed your functionality, I could care less about how low it is at that point. Fortunately, no one around here lowers their car for the opinion of others...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #68
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Fuck that. My car is pretty low (My dp is about 1" off the ground) but my fenders are rolled, I have all the arms, my alignment is pretty close to factory spec and my car handles really well so no I'll never raise it up. Once you go low it's the only way to go haha

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #69
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
Yeah, I kinda got that from the original post, I'm not an idiot. Don't get me wrong I love lowered cars, especially the s30(i have one too so Im in love with the looks) but I think it has become a competition of who can go lower than the other and it then it just looks stupid; Half of these cars aren't race cars they're peoples daily drivers, so they inconvenience EVERYONE ELSE on the road because they have to stop at every bump/dip/crack/pothole etc. because they are lowered to the point of stupidity. My opinon still stands on overlowered cars, and I can respect the fact that even though Ayuaddict has an awesomely low car, he still took the time to keep suspension geometry in mind. So his car is both functional and amazing looking, I can't wait to see it painted.

You know the only inconvenience I ever do, is when I'm getting in and out of gas stations...with that in mind. I only go to one.

I have another car to get groceries...drive to different destinations etc....my daily...i drive to and from work. There aren't any "dips" or "speed bumps" on the way to work. Hell, I plan everything....and trust me...at this low...it's not functional...and far from it. I have all the arms...handles better...but it's perfect height would be about 2 inches higher...and I don't like how that looks. I think aggressive aero needs to be half an inch from the ground. No offense to peoples taste...but I love how low my car is....I love the attention...cause all that hard work..i did myself. Kinda like displaying a piece of artwork you just made...you want people to look at it and say "holy fuck" or "wow"...still to date...the best was when I was driving...and this 6 year old kid was planted against his dads window...hands and all...gawking....

I know I made that kids day...and that fucking made me super happy. Cause my kids love it too. When you grow up broke, and seeing race cars are only in magazines...its a treat to see a racecar in person. Cause I know...i've only seen 1 skyline in person..and that was at track.....and I was ga ga.

But reality is....I don't do it for you...I do it for me. If it makes you happy...then that's plus points to me...if it doesn't...then fuck off...look somewhere else.

and AYU....you car is truely sick....i love it....you make me almost buy a Z everytime if it wasn't going to cost me a fortune to get that thing drift ready on a budget.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #70
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
great post fckillerbee. You summed it up perfectly.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #71
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys.

h-y-d-r-a-u-l-i-c-s

hydraulics.

What the fuck are hydrolics?

flip3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #72
ghettohatch
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
ghettohatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
yes, cause I drive...and I know that going lower only compromises the suspension geometry.....

but seriously...it's cause it looks thug as fuck...and I don't give a fuck about speed bumps....i drive around them.
drive around this one
ghettohatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:00 PM   #73
RanciD
Zilvia Junkie

RanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to RanciD Send a message via MSN to RanciD
we say low down or ha notte iru (because with negative camber your wheels look like the katakana character ha ハ)
Old 02-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #74
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Well put Dave. very well put.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #75
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettohatch View Post
drive around this one IMG
why the fuck would you attempt it, when you know you're gonna fuck shit up?
Old 02-07-2011, 12:57 AM   #76
Krimlin
Zilvia Member

Krimlin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
lol. this is incorrect.
lol. this is correct.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #77
blingbling
Zilvia Junkie

blingbling is an unknown quantity at this point
dudes lowriders are just hella flush oldies and muscle cars. Ill just throw some ksport airtechs and a camber kit on an impala and slap an illest badge on the back then we can all be friends lol
blingbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #78
blingbling
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
You know the only inconvenience I ever do, is when I'm getting in and out of gas stations...with that in mind. I only go to one.

I have another car to get groceries...drive to different destinations etc....my daily...i drive to and from work. There aren't any "dips" or "speed bumps" on the way to work. Hell, I plan everything....and trust me...at this low...it's not functional...and far from it. I have all the arms...handles better...but it's perfect height would be about 2 inches higher...and I don't like how that looks. I think aggressive aero needs to be half an inch from the ground. No offense to peoples taste...but I love how low my car is....I love the attention...cause all that hard work..i did myself. Kinda like displaying a piece of artwork you just made...you want people to look at it and say "holy fuck" or "wow"...still to date...the best was when I was driving...and this 6 year old kid was planted against his dads window...hands and all...gawking....

I know I made that kids day...and that fucking made me super happy. Cause my kids love it too. When you grow up broke, and seeing race cars are only in magazines...its a treat to see a racecar in person. Cause I know...i've only seen 1 skyline in person..and that was at track.....and I was ga ga.

But reality is....I don't do it for you...I do it for me. If it makes you happy...then that's plus points to me...if it doesn't...then fuck off...look somewhere else.

and AYU....you car is truely sick....i love it....you make me almost buy a Z everytime if it wasn't going to cost me a fortune to get that thing drift ready on a budget.
oh! and this sounds real sentimental and everything you know? Definitely in touch with your artistic side. Im guessing you catch alot of sh** for being this low every other day haha. Well keep balling hard street sweeper. Looks fresh
Old 02-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #79
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
oh! and this sounds real sentimental and everything you know? Definitely in touch with your artistic side. Im guessing you catch alot of sh** for being this low every other day haha. Well keep balling hard street sweeper. Looks fresh
yeah it definitely catches the eyes of cops here in california. as they are quick to ticket you for anything. I've since had to make it look more stock than anything...stock exhaust...engine bay looks stock..... luckily i've been dailying this for about 8 months at this height and recieved a low ticket a month ago...
Old 02-12-2011, 09:59 AM   #80
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DOOR_LIFE View Post
Well put Dave. very well put.
thank you kind sir. lol....coming down for asb this year?
Old 02-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #81
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
do you guys ever have meets where you jerk each other off in person
Old 02-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #82
blingbling
Zilvia Junkie

Wow! They give out low tickets! Hahah no way. I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for being slammed here in Az.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #83
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
do you guys ever have meets where you jerk each other off in person
upset often?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
Wow! They give out low tickets! Hahah no way. I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for being slammed here in Az.
yes, CA law states that there can't be any part of your body below the bottom of your rims. And only bike cops would give out tickets no problem. Muh fucker pulled out a measuring tape.....i was surprised...was expecting some other sort of ticket. $20 fixit. $200 without.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #84
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
What do you mean by $20 fixit $200 without? I heard that here in CA the center of your headlight has to be at least 26" off the ground to be legit.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #85
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

make the lowest panel of the car above the lowest part of the rim. if you fix it...you still have to pay a $20 fee and show proof. If you don't want to show proof, you can pay $200.

and yes...that would be the other "low" ticket rule. Just like we have 3 or 4 different modified exhaust tickets.

all saying the same thing...but in a way still fucking you. Got one that basically says "noise is disturbing"...vs "above decibel rating". those are actually two completely different tickets. one you can fix and show proof. the other you just pay a fine...california is wonderful to fuck you.