Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #121
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Old 07-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #122
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
so this thread is about posting photos of busted up Z33s with missing body panels and lots of camber

isnt that what picture sharing thumbsup/thumbsdown websites are for? fruitcakes like you, who cant seem to properly think and engineer - you just like something based on looks?

fucking moron
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:21 AM   #123
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
so this thread is about posting photos of busted up Z33s with missing body panels and lots of camber

isnt that what picture sharing thumbsup/thumbsdown websites are for? fruitcakes like you, who cant seem to properly think and engineer - you just like something based on looks?

fucking moron

Consigned.

Save a car, stop drifting!
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:35 AM   #124
HeyGirlHeyyy
Zilvia Member

HeyGirlHeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Friend's car. If I remember correctly, it was making power in the mid 400 range at the time of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lsCiaOn2H4
Old 07-17-2014, 12:01 PM   #125
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:

fucking moron
Hahah whooooa got the hater mad over here. First car is clean as fuck not a scratch and the second has a super charger that doesn't fit, otherwise clean.

Again, remember what thread you are in. Z33 and S chassis comparison thread, drift oriented. Did you even read the topic and view the first few images? Or just come here to mouth off and get your 2 cents in because you can't stop swinging e-peen?

If this thread isn't for you just leave it be, fuck.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:00 PM   #126
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
^ who is this guy? he kinda sucks

he like... doesnt understand how zilvia works yet.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:26 PM   #127
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

Is MAPLE BLOCC in Floriduh?
Old 07-17-2014, 04:57 PM   #128
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

sounds like a gang to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #129
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

What? Don't enjoy being called out for your antics? Too bad. Maybe try staying on topic next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Seattle
Old 07-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #130
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Seattle
Yes! This qualifies as NorCal doesn't it... Sorry Mike.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #131
troskinatior
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
troskinatior is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Anyone else go from S chassis to Z?
Yep just bought a z yesterday, I like it so much better then my 240 even though it was faster.

troskinatior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #132
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Seattle
Fucking Seattle, douchebag central for sure. Go Niners, bitch!

Also, this is the most informative post in this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
I used to work at a Nissan dealership and drove quite a few Z's... never liked em that much. My first impression was the interior is kinda cheap looking, HORRIBLE blind spots... can hardly see out of the thing, it's slow and felt heavy in the corners. WRX/Evo and ~300 hp 240 are way more fun to drive IMO.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:01 PM   #133
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
This thread is full of people that have egos bigger than their wallet. If you haven't went from an s chassis to a z33 please stay out of this thread. Obviously the s chassis is cheaper to mod and fits way more needs for certain people. Speaking from experience, I've owned both an s13 and s14(both while enrolled full time in school) but after upgrading to a z33 I have no complaints. The z33 is superior in all aspects(in stock form) and is a wonderful upgrade. Modifications are a bit more expensive, but money spent on the z chassis shows a bit more gratification because it is spent upgrading rather than replacing.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:21 AM   #134
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
You want to know whats superior to the Z33? The Z34.

Much more of a contender against the S13.

Let's hear from the people who went from 350z -> 370z, and never looked back.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:57 AM   #135
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenrapids View Post
This thread is full of people that have egos bigger than their wallet. If you haven't went from an s chassis to a z33 please stay out of this thread. Obviously the s chassis is cheaper to mod and fits way more needs for certain people. Speaking from experience, I've owned both an s13 and s14(both while enrolled full time in school) but after upgrading to a z33 I have no complaints. The z33 is superior in all aspects(in stock form) and is a wonderful upgrade. Modifications are a bit more expensive, but money spent on the z chassis shows a bit more gratification because it is spent upgrading rather than replacing.
you're 22. how much time can you really spend comparing all these cars? not saying you're not justified in having an opinion, but your critique may be off a bit.

people who appreciate the s-chassis are people who appreciate the simpler, light-weight sports car. people who dont understand this, will overlook the fun aspects of the s-chassis in favor of the Z which is a bigger, heavier, grand tourer.

in my opinion, you dont need to look further than this article:
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/21/r...-out-the-370z/

personally, and this is just me - i can say strongly that i probably will not own a vehicle if it has the following:
- multi-airbag
- front wheel drive
- traction control
- digital gauge cluster
- any type of LCD screen needed to interact with the vehicle
- or even worse, a touchscreen (as opposed to buttons and knobs)
- hydropneumatic suspension

the brz is the closest, modern alternative to a 240sx/240z. if only it didnt have that damn motor... oh well.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #136
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
you're 22. how much time can you really spend comparing all these cars? not saying you're not justified in having an opinion, but your critique may be off a bit.

people who appreciate the s-chassis are people who appreciate the simpler, light-weight sports car. people who dont understand this, will overlook the fun aspects of the s-chassis in favor of the Z which is a bigger, heavier, grand tourer.

in my opinion, you dont need to look further than this article:
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/21/r...-out-the-370z/

personally, and this is just me - i can say strongly that i probably will not own a vehicle if it has the following:
- multi-airbag
- front wheel drive
- traction control
- digital gauge cluster

the brz is the closest, modern alternative to a 240sx/240z. if only it didnt have that damn motor... oh well.
Just because im 22 has nothing to do with me comparing 2 different cars of which i've owned. I am not arguing that the z is the greatest car or even better than any s chassis. For me, i thoroughly enjoy the z33 way more. As i stated, the s chassis is a great chassis for many different people and their needs, but i believe the z33 is a better car to drive on an everyday basis. The s chassis' are lighter and are fun as hell to drive hard and not worry about all the electronic BS, but are not as favorable to drive everyday. For someone who doesnt mind spending a little more and wants a newer car that doesnt drive like a tin can, the z33 is a great option.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:19 AM   #137
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Whatever nerd, have fun in Florida

Quote:

Truth. My roommates BRZ's injectors are sooo loud. I did get 4 18s in the back though yesterday so that was cool, definitely can't do that with a Z.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #138
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

My s14 was an absolute blast to drive and drove wonderful. In comparison to the s13, the s14 had less road noise and was a lot more of a touring based car.(atleast from my point of view) Now that i own a z33, i can say that it is even more of a touring car. BUT, thats what i am looking for in a car. It has the ability to be track'd if you would like and also is a very comfortable car to hop in and drive on a day to day basis. I do miss my s14, but i do not regret upgrading to z33 one bit. They are not as easy to work on as an s chassis either.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:27 AM   #139
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Great points being made by everyone. Can the G35 coupe play too? Peep this one in the lower right corner with the Nismo Z-Tune livery. Making me rethink my next car purchase all over again. Pretty fly if you ask me, sir.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:19 PM   #140
Corbic
Post Whore!

S13/S14 to 350Z

What about the 350's old rival...

Fit a lot of tires in dat bed.

Last edited by Corbic; 07-18-2014 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: pix
Old 07-18-2014, 04:03 PM   #141
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ide take a g35 coupe over a 350Z *anyday*

another thing that bothers me about the z is the tall belt line. whenever you look at someone all you see is their head. car has poor visibility.

this is NOT the case with the S13 - its got fucking EXCELLENT visibility... from any angle.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:04 PM   #142
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Cars with lots of glass are the best. That is why I dislike most new cars. The windows feel claustrophobic, including the windshield on some of them. I wonder if low bodies and tall windows will ever make a comeback.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #143
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Cars with lots of glass are the best. That is why I dislike most new cars. The windows feel claustrophobic, including the windshield on some of them. I wonder if low bodies and tall windows will ever make a comeback.
Tell you want, if you want a "WTF" experience, hop in a Vintage 911.

The pillars are thumb thick and the windshield wraps around for a surreal panoramic experience.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #144
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
this is NOT the case with the S13 - its got fucking EXCELLENT visibility... from any angle.
The S13 hatch does have great visibility, and when I started driving my S13 coupe I realized you get even more visibility out of the back windshield since it seems to be at a 45* angle vs the hatch's 25* angle.

edit:

Quote:

- multi-airbag
- front wheel drive
- traction control
- digital gauge cluster
- sunroof
Added one for you.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:33 PM   #145
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
ide take a g35 coupe over a 350Z *anyday*

another thing that bothers me about the z is the tall belt line. whenever you look at someone all you see is their head. car has poor visibility.

Safety Bro.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #146
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Everyone says new cars have tall bodies for safety, but there is definitely technology to make cars safe even if they had lower body lines.

Not to mention, good visibility is just as if not more crucial to safety. One would not have to worry about others crashing into them if everyone could see over their cars' body panels.

Yesterday I saw a woman in a new Camaro convertible with the top down and she had to use the rear view mirror to be able to see behind her because when she turned around to back out she could not see over the trunk. That is ridiculous. And yes, she was of average height.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #147
HeyGirlHeyyy
Zilvia Member

HeyGirlHeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Only if federal mandates change. But that's not very likely.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:33 PM   #148
WristWork
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
WristWork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
You want to know whats superior to the Z33? The Z34.

Much more of a contender against the S13.

Let's hear from the people who went from 350z -> 370z, and never looked back.
350z>370z

WristWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:00 PM   #149
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Everyone says new cars have tall bodies for safety, but there is definitely technology to make cars safe even if they had lower body lines.
Unfortunately DOT and all the other federal powers that are, regulated higher side impact zones. This means that the days of "panoramic" views are over.

I love the fact that my S14 window sill is low enough to put my arm on and not lose feeling in it because of the incline.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:58 AM   #150
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Now what about the VQ though? Everything I have read or heard about the VQ says they don't like boost over 7psi even with a good tune and after about 435ish it's going to go bang. With built VQ's I've heard about piston slap.

Any truth to this, anyone have any experience boosting one?

And for those of us who don't give two fucks about drifting how well does the G/Z handle? I'm figuring the FM platform could out perform the S-chassis easily though it probably wouldn't feel like a big go cart likely S14 does.

I'm thinking G coupe with sways, LSD(Torsen preferably), upgraded struts though not necessarily coilovers, spl suspension arms. Basically the standard s-chassis handling package.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote