Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Drivetrain

Old 01-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
Thorough Concepts, LLC
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Thorough Concepts, LLC is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wink Thorough Concepts 1-piece Drive Shafts

1-Piece Aluminum Drive Shaft (also available in steel)

Thorough Concepts, LLC

Price:
$575 for aluminum
$400 for steel

2 piece to 1 piece conversion shaft. Available in Steel and Aluminum (6061-T6). Is both stronger to handle more power, and lighter to reduce weight. Welds are double inspected before shipped. Aside from listed supported vehicles, we also specialize in custom driveshafts for both street and competition vehicles.
· Less parts to break/replace
· Less wear on drivetrain
· Crisper throttle response

All of our products are 100% made in the U.S.A. and held to the highest standard of quality.

We back up all of our products with a 3-year warranty on materials and workmanship (must complete registration).

We put our money into the product, not the marketing. Check us out at Thorough Concepts, LLC see the rest of our current product lineup as well as what we're all about.

Last edited by Thorough Concepts, LLC; 01-28-2012 at 07:24 PM..
Thorough Concepts, LLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
ok...... so what makes your driveshafts so expensive?

driveshaft shop has been making excellent products for years, and they're almost $100 cheaper that what you're charging.
their steel is $349, aluminum $479
The Driveshaft Shop | 240SX - Nissan - Import Driveshafts

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:11 AM   #3
Mitsubayati
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
Mitsubayati is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mitsubayati
cricket ... lol
Old 01-27-2012, 02:35 AM   #4
harrypotter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
harrypotter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post

driveshaft shop has been making excellent products for years, and they're almost $100 cheaper that what you're charging.
+1

And tried to look at linked site, text is overlapping.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:02 AM   #5
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
I'm sure you guys ultimately know that when the stock market isn't doing as good, metals and resources go up in value. Not just Gold.

I was lucky enough to get my 1 piece for $60 back in 2007. The rest of you unfortunately have to suffer the reality of resource prices and labor costs.

If you wanted to save money, you would buy yourselves a welder, and make your own. Just make sure you balance it afterward

I can't speak for this guy's company first hand, but the price is fair. Especially if you are into racing, and need it by this weekend.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:26 AM   #6
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Price fair my ass both DSS and shaftmasters are cheaper and established. Wtf is up with these new vendors adding drift tax to shits that's already readily available.
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:47 AM   #7
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
^"Whats with all these local produce farmers having slightly higher prices. Next time I'm shopping at walmart for my apples and oranges, but not before I tell the farmers what I think about them!"

Its not 'drit tax', its business overhead. And seriously, 31 years old and heckling a site sponsor. This is something I would expect from the younger heartless generation Y.

When you have employees, and bigger bills to pay, you'll understand where vendors are coming from.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #8
Thorough Concepts, LLC
Zilvia Member

Wink TC Pricing

Hi everybody ,

In response to the pricing issue, we are well aware of our competitors prices. You may notice, that by the time you actually install a DSS driveshaft, you have already voided the warranty. Simply put, you are paying for the warranty, customer service, and the quality of our product.

We are catering to racing enthusiasts as specified on our website. If you buy one of ours, its the last you'll need.

We are local to Southern California with all of our parts manufactured in the U.S.A. As a company we're new to the industry, however all of us have been around the Drift and Race community for quite some time.

For any further questions or concerns feel free to respond to this thread, or email me directly: [email protected] (gotta love the customer service!!!)

Come out to our Grip and Drift event Jun 2nd and 3rd at Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile! 1st through 3rd in each class (4 classes) will receive cash + sponsor prizes!

Thorough Concepts, LLC
Old 01-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #9
phi_ho1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (57)
phi_ho1 is making a name for him/her selfphi_ho1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 57 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to phi_ho1
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post

plus 1 more
Old 01-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
Thorough Concepts, LLC
Zilvia Member

Thumbs up In response to Price questions/concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorough Concepts, LLC View Post
Hi everybody ,

In response to the pricing issue, we are well aware of our competitors prices. You may notice, that by the time you actually install a DSS driveshaft, you have already voided the warranty. Simply put, you are paying for the warranty, customer service, and the quality of our product.

We are catering to racing enthusiasts as specified on our website. If you buy one of ours, its the last you'll need.

We are local to Southern California with all of our parts manufactured in the U.S.A. As a company we're new to the industry, however all of us have been around the Drift and Race community for quite some time.

For any further questions or concerns feel free to respond to this thread, or email me directly: [email protected] (gotta love the customer service!!!)

Come out to our Grip and Drift event Jun 2nd and 3rd at Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile! 1st through 3rd in each class (4 classes) will receive cash + sponsor prizes!

Thorough Concepts, LLC
Please see above quote for response to price questions/concerns
Old 01-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #11
Thorough Concepts, LLC
Zilvia Member

overlapping text

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypotter View Post
+1

And tried to look at linked site, text is overlapping.
What browser are you using? We troubleshot using Chrome, iExplorer, and Safari and can't seem to replicate the issue

Thanks,

Thorough Concepts, LLC
Old 01-28-2012, 03:08 AM   #12
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
You guys done custom RB25 driveshaft for S14s using Mckinney engine mounts? I'm trying to get my swap done and trying to get all my ducks in a row when I commit. Just need a driveshaft done but not sure of the lenght needed.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #13
Thorough Concepts, LLC
Zilvia Member

Wink Custom TC Drive Shaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
You guys done custom RB25 driveshaft for S14s using Mckinney engine mounts? I'm trying to get my swap done and trying to get all my ducks in a row when I commit. Just need a driveshaft done but not sure of the lenght needed.
Not a problem, we do plenty of custom drive shafts, for ex. Michael Essa is running one of our custom 1-piece aluminum drive shafts on his competition drift Z4 which incorporates a sequential trans and a quick change gear set for which we had his drive shaft ready and in-hand (granted he was local) within 3 days. After payment is received we should have it to you within 7 business days (depending on your chosen shipping method). Will PM you later today after a couple meetings with a diagram of how to properly measure.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #14
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
· Less ware on drivetrain
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #15
Thorough Concepts, LLC
Zilvia Member

Smile Less Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
Let us reiterate, when we state "less ware on drivetrain" we speak of our component only. Being that converting from a 2-piece drive shaft configuration i.e. S-chassie, where it not only incorporates a total of 4 drive shaft yolks and a center support bearing or bushing which in turn does absorb energy, which realistically does put less stress on other components which comprise your drivetrain i.e. transmission, clutch set, and differential components and axels. With the use of our one piece heavy duty drive shaft compared to OE counterparts, you will in fact see more stress on said differential and transmission, but our component can handle more physical stresses and therefore you will see less ware component to component.

If you have any further questions feel free to PM us or email us directly at [email protected]

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #16
sidewayz240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
sidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Let us reiterate, when we state "less ware on drivetrain" we speak of our component only. Being that converting from a 2-piece drive shaft configuration i.e. S-chassie, where it not only incorporates a total of 4 drive shaft yolks and a center support bearing or bushing which in turn does absorb energy, which realistically does put less stress on other components which comprise your drivetrain i.e. transmission, clutch set, and differential components and axels. With the use of our one piece heavy duty drive shaft compared to OE counterparts, you will in fact see more stress on said differential and transmission, but our component can handle more physical stresses and therefore you will see less ware component to component.

If you have any further questions feel free to PM us or email us directly at [email protected]

Thanks!
It was the spelling he was facepalming. Wear*
Old 01-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #17
Thorough Concepts, LLC
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewayz240 View Post
It was the spelling he was facepalming. Wear*
Fair enough lol All constructive criticism appreciated
Old 01-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #18
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
DSS has been lacking in quality also, the last two that I bought from then were not balanced correctly and were slightly off in length. So they are not the end all be all when it comes to driveshafts. The fact that they have a full three year warranty is well worth the extra 100.

WASTED I AM!
n8RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #19
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
you guys need to stop baggin on vendors. theyre the ones that make this forum possible so you cheap asses have a place to lowball each other
Old 01-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #20
GrimDrifter
Leaky Injector

GrimDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GrimDrifter Send a message via Yahoo to GrimDrifter
Hmm i will have a vq35 in my s13 but i'm not sure which diff setup i will use yet. I will definitely look you guys up when i figure out what diff i'll use.
GrimDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:55 AM   #21
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
pm me if you guys recalibrate one piece drive shafts, also how much?
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #22
Thorough Concepts, LLC
Zilvia Member

Hey everybody,

We apologize for being MIA for a few days, we had some errors with our Zilvia account but we're BACK!!!

Thanks to all of you who are supporting us vendors on the forum. Any questions you may have about our products we will gladly respond to either publicly or privately (if PM'd).

To everybody that has been inquiring YES!!! We do custom drive shafts. In fact several competition vehicles are running our custom drive shafts including Michael Essa's Formula Drift Z4.

And Yes! we also recalibrate drive shafts however it really helps if you happen to know whether the existing issue is with the balance, or length of the shaft.

Keep the PM's coming! We do our best to respond to every inquiry ASAP.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 02-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #23
Thorough Concepts, LLC
Zilvia Member

We have added "Custom Drive Shaft" ordering to our website!

Thorough Concepts, LLC

Simply fill out the form, and you will be invoiced directly!