Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
My S14 Track Slut...

Hey guys....Im kind of a lurker on here, but I figured I would post up my big project finally. Ive been working on this since mid-july and have been able to make some good progress. My goal was to create a fun car for my personal use....the car will see the road course, drift days, hell maybe even the drag strip a time or two....so basically its just suppossed to be a lot of fun for me when its done!

That in mind....since i loved my first s14 so much....i decided to get another one. I found a 96 local to me with some front end damage and scored it sans motor for 700 bux. I cleaned the gutted the piss out of the thing and fixed the body. Then the fun started...the car is fully seam welded and caged. I built a semi-tube front to replace the mangled and wrecked portions and I also made some front tubs.

So far the car has some good parts on it to the tune of:
RB25DET
Stance GR+ Pro coils
R33 Front brakes/calipers
Z32 Rear calipers/rotors+Ebrake
Custom Cage
Recaro SPG
Rays GramLights 57Maximum 17x9 Et22 all around
SPL solid subframe bushings
Nismo Front arms
etc etc....theres lots of stuff and even more to come!

My plans from here include a custom radiator/intercooler setup to keep the plumbing short (not v-mount), big turbo + custom exahust mani + custom intake mani, custom exahust + DP, some sort of EMS, kouki front, SPL susp. links...etc....its a solid project IMO and its coming along very well!

A ton of pics can be seen on a forum local to my area if you go here: http://racingsouthwest.com/forums/in...howtopic=31576 and can see way more pics thru the progress of the car, and below ill post the more interesting ones!

How it started:

Long story short....cleand and gutted + seam welding!

Seamd' bay + wheel tub construction, also note lower rad support missing!

BTW i built a little dolley to hold the car up so i could easily wheel it around the garage! Here is the front end all mocked up!

The cage

Skip even futher ahead, just recently slid the motor in so i can do more fab, and got the car back on the ground!

Motor again...note custom battery tray and tie down!

I plan to update this thread regularly...and if you want to see 17 pages worth of the work i have done, look at that other thread....this is a short overview of what has taken a long time, but i just wanted to share and i hope you all like it...let me know what you think! Stay tuned!
Gavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links