Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-28-2007, 06:34 PM   #31
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
^ Yeah, but that's usually a recipe for disaster, sooner or later it's just a matter of time.
OP lives in SoCal, no excuse for 'street drifting' - there's plenty of events going on all the time.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2007, 06:46 PM   #32
trogdor
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
trogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Pretty funny huh?
A lot of people will say welded is best for drifting cause it's cheap. But if it's gonna be your DD it's a little hardcore.
no it's not. just dont floor it around every corner. if you have powersteering, it's not bad.

go with a welded diff. pass on the vlsd and save your money.
trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:18 PM   #33
snappy
Zilvia Addict

snappy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHeart240 View Post
That Guy
Thanks i dont fully understand an lsd truthfully lol
lol u live in Milwaukee why would i want a j30 from there where i live in So Cal Yorba Linda and HB where i can find one so what if i spend some extra money lol stupid ass.
iHeart240, ^^^ this makes you look even more like a Douche (a vaginal cleaning tool), just in case you don't know what that is- especially when you're trying to rip on one of the most knowledgeable members on Zilvia. Oh and have a great day .
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:41 PM   #34
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Oh yeah and we eat noobies for breakfest. (Another Premie made me say it I swear).

Wait.............. I'm a noobie still.

Crap.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:59 PM   #35
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
gonna delete this post to refain from getting 10 more negative reps

in the end I was wrong a simple your wrong would of been just fine

Last edited by JRas; 09-09-2007 at 02:33 PM..
JRas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:13 PM   #36
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
you should shut the fuck up if you don't know what you're talking about
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:02 PM   #37
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRas View Post
I think an open welded diff would probably be better for drifting LSD ( limited slip diff ) seems like it would actually be worse for drifting as when you turn a corner the inside wheel spins less than the outside wheel. open would spin them at the same speed going straight and while turning so you'd probably be able to break traction pretty easily.
Sheesh, why would you spout some bullshiet out of your ass?!?! Do you even know what an open diff is?!?! It pushes power the the wheel with the least amount of traction...so when you ACTUALLY GET A 240, try to drift an open diff, and tell us what the fuck happens when you do. Until then...

STFU

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:15 PM   #38
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
wow just wow
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:33 AM   #39
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Quote:
I think an open welded diff would probably be better for drifting LSD ( limited slip diff ) seems like it would actually be worse for drifting as when you turn a corner the inside wheel spins less than the outside wheel. open would spin them at the same speed going straight and while turning so you'd probably be able to break traction pretty easily.
Oh what the........

Okay

WOW
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:19 AM   #40
iHeart240

iHeart240 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to iHeart240
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
Welded Diff = Poor man's LSD

I don't know your meaning of a decent price for an LSD.

I will just say this to you.

Quality over quantity. If you don't know what that means then just think it over and you'll figure it out.

Don't spend your money on crap parts just to save a few bucks. Save the money and spend it right the first time and you shouldn't have to do so again.

A welded diff will allow you to drift but is a pain in the ass as a DD (for some people).

Some LSDs that are well known for their name and quality are Tomei (what I used and love), KAZZ, Cusco, ATS (which there's a sale for on the forum right now at a great price), NISMO, and OS Giken (baller)

I'm sure I miss some other companies but that's the ones I remember.

Also take into consideration that the different brands of LSD has their own pros and cons depending on the people who use them. Everyone has their own opinions. Which is what you should make.

Lastly don't get too butthurt about the flaming its just how it is. You'll come to appreciate it because at least its the honest truth. Stick around, you'll learn alot from this forum.

GL
Yah thanks im not getting to "BUTTHURT" about it i see how it is. Yah i have learned somethings like i guess if u dont research good enough and you ask a question u get flamed on like crazy lol.
iHeart240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:25 AM   #41
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
Quote:
translation: "well if I had to just had to pull something random out of my ass I would have to guess that that thing that I dont understand works better than that thing Ive never used based on some logic that I just made up...and what i learned inv10th grade sience"
eastcoastS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:56 AM   #42
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by trogdor View Post
no it's not. just dont floor it around every corner. if you have powersteering, it's not bad.

go with a welded diff. pass on the vlsd and save your money.
That's really a matter of opinion more then anything. To some it might not be bad, but others might not like it. The OP didn't say if it was a track only car or a DD I don't believe. I'm referring to the skipping your tires around turns at low speeds that some might find undesirable for a DD car.

For drifting like he said he wants to do, I agree welded > VLSD. But if say you autoX, VLSD > welded. So I've been told. I've only had open and VLSD in for autoX. I know I need a real diff though.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:47 PM   #43
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Here's the deal: we've all been noobies at one point in time. However, not all of us are dumb enough to make threads about OMG WTF R I 2 DO?

Read the threads that are on this website and on others and if you can't figure out what to do from there then you are not only hopeless, but you are a liability to society.

It takes a long time and I know I probably had hundreds of hours of research into buying my 240SX before I even had one picked out.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:11 PM   #44
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to JRas
delete

msg length
JRas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:32 PM   #45
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Baka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfection
Quote:
Read again and figure it out. All your questions will be answered.

Oh, and just an FYI, you can't drift 91 240's. Here's a link explaining why.
Damn it exitspeed! I cant believe I fail for that!!!! Hahahahahaha
Baka Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:15 AM   #46
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Read again and figure it out. All your questions will be answered.

Oh, and just an FYI, you can't drift 91 240's. Here's a link explaining why.

you put a smile on my face =) I love zilvia!!! LMAO
Old 09-09-2007, 12:29 AM   #47
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle m3th View Post
you put a smile on my face =) I love zilvia!!! LMAO
lol I'll 2nd that motion.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:50 AM   #48
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:55 AM   #49
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
well a lot of stupidity was vomitted out of mouths in this thread.... I stopped reading after a few responses cause I got pissed off, so sorry if it's already been answered, if not... read up here... it explains 1.5 way, 2 way, etc...

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6800

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:21 AM   #50
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (53)
JDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
wow "Phillip" let this thread go this far without his famous "locked"

Wow and congrats is all I can say!

Is he sick or fired I havent seen him on here in a while?
JDS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:55 AM   #51
Rayne
Zilvia Addict

Rayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mello88 View Post
Hey Jon.

Here's your checklist:
  • Get your car road-worthy before anything else. Fix all the broken stuff and leaks.
  • Get your open diff welded
  • Buy some used coilovers
  • Buy a spare set of 15 or 16" wheels
  • Buy decent tires for the front (try the Dunlop dz101's) and a bunch of trash tires for the rear.
  • Buy yourself a helmet
  • Watch Keiichi's "Drift Bible" video

Now you're drifters too!!!

PS - every thread you make will have lots of guys jumping at the chance to flame you for asking n00b questions.. So take your time researching before you hit the post new thread button.... Every single thing you want to ask or know about has been asked and discussed here already. Also a word of advice, if you wanna make it here you should put a little more time or effort into typing your posts, cause your grammar kinda sucks which makes you come across as some n00b 13yr old. GL

Everything Joel said...plus people tend to give negative rep quicker than positive....some people deserve it. However most of the time newbies or non-premium members get hit the hardest with negative rep.
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:37 PM   #52
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Let's be a bit nicer, folks.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:57 PM   #53
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Let's be a bit nicer, folks.
Sorry...Nicer, n00b and zilvia dont go together.

Try to look up Nice, n00b, and zilvia reject, you'll get NICO...

Wait I cant remember if its really nice or rice...i always get them 2 confused...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote