Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:14 AM   #1
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Ls swapped cars are lame!!!!!

I'm so sick n tired of seeing all these 240's n rx7's n everything with Ls v8 engines! I believe Its for people who simply can't handle building and tuning a proper 4 cylinder n don't have the balls to try, So they go the easy pussy way out and swap a v8. Then have the nerve to say oh I have a fast car! No shit sherlock you put a fucking corvette motor in your 240. anyone can do that and be fast. Then when they get beat by a mild sr with a gt28 they cry oh my engine is stock. just headers,intake,cam n tune. Oh really YOU HAVE A FUCKING V8 in the sam car I HAVE A FUCKING SR20 Inline 4. ! I hate v8 swapped cars they are for pussys. have fun arguing now. bye bye. P.s Next time mr v8 swapped car guy bring a real mans car or get run down by a little sr20 AGAIN with your ls2 blah blah blah.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:15 AM   #2
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
I can't believe he looked dead In my eyes and told me he only has headers,tune,cam n intake. Seriously thats your excuse? Really? anklfjsdgnsfoi gh2409wthg 0sflkh
Old 05-13-2010, 06:33 AM   #3
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i dont really know what's happening but i think
Old 05-13-2010, 06:43 AM   #4
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
i dont really know what's happening but i think
Hahahaha made me laugh. Thx for that.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:53 AM   #5
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
How is having an LS swapped 240 being a pussy? Have you ever drifted a car where you don't have to wait for torque and tach shit out all the damn time? It's a proven setup with a huge reliable powerband that greatly expands with just a few modifications.

A cam and tune on even an LS1 will get you right about 500 to the wheels.

Please shut the fuck up.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:13 AM   #6
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb25_s13*CHUKI View Post
I'm so sick n tired of seeing all these 240's n rx7's n everything with Ls v8 engines! I believe Its for people who simply can't handle building and tuning a proper 4 cylinder n don't have the balls to try, So they go the easy pussy way out and swap a v8. Then have the nerve to say oh I have a fast car! No shit sherlock you put a fucking corvette motor in your 240. anyone can do that and be fast. Then when they get beat by a mild sr with a gt28 they cry oh my engine is stock. just headers,intake,cam n tune. Oh really YOU HAVE A FUCKING V8 in the sam car I HAVE A FUCKING SR20 Inline 4. ! I hate v8 swapped cars they are for pussys. have fun arguing now. bye bye. P.s Next time mr v8 swapped car guy bring a real mans car or get run down by a little sr20 AGAIN with your ls2 blah blah blah.
anyone can swap a SR, be a real real man and rock the KA.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:45 AM   #7
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Haha Chad calm down. I agree with you Chad and I also agree with rb25_s13*CHUKI but I agree with him in the sense that I dont like the attitude that they give off how because they have the V8 they think they decimate anything. But Chad your right about a huge power band that is very acceptable to little mods to make big power, and still have great economy.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:21 AM   #8
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Don't know if you've been doing any research on the matter or not.

But GM Performance Parts just released the "E-Rod" kit, which makes the LS3 swap into an OBD-I vehicle completely legal.

SR still can't claim that.

Besides, why are you letting what other people want to do with their vehicles get you so upset?
Old 05-13-2010, 08:32 AM   #9
smink
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
smink is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedone View Post
anyone can swap a SR, be a real real man and rock the KA.

+1 Tehe. KA-love
Old 05-13-2010, 08:37 AM   #10
REVOisGO
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
REVOisGO is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to REVOisGO Send a message via MSN to REVOisGO
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb25_s13*CHUKI View Post
lol, u mad.

check out some of GET MONEY's videos on youtube and then come talk to me about ls1 swapped cars. im kicking myself in the ass for going rb25, because they are so damn expensive to work on. ls1 is cheaper, more reliable, lighter, and faster. cant go wrong.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:53 AM   #11
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I have been roadracing stock single cam S13s since forever. About 7 years ago I started running SR since it was cheaper than rebuidling my single cams.

After running for 3 seasons, I decided to go with the Chevy V8 due to cost, reliability, and availability of parts. Note that I have the carbureted first-gen small block chevy, and not the LS series.

It's cheaper to buy anything for the small block.

It's reliable because of low compression and low revving.

If I need parts, I can run to any auto parts store and buy replacement parts. OEM parts are plenty. They even carry aftermarket parts like MSD, Edelbrock, etc. I don't have to "overnight parts from Japan"

In a pinch I can also run over to the drag strip or dirt track and borrow parts from the old school racers. I know that if I need a chevy small block part, 95% chances I can either borrow or buy it from one of the guys there.

I feel like I've paid my dues with these cars. I don't really compare my car with anyone else since I'm set up for roadracing.

I don't have the top end like turbo cars or even some of the newer V8 cars, but I'm set up for short road courses so you don't have enough time to use all the power. Response is more important than top end power.

For every 240 with V8 I've seen in person, which I've only seen 2 other than mine, I can name dozens of first time track newbies with their 400bhp high boost turbo engine, only to put their car into the wall by doing something silly like trying top out on the main straight or getting too much power due to turbo lag.

Still, it's their money and they can do what they want. I just try to avoid their group.

What I noticed is that guys who do roadrace often (not once or twice a year time-attackers) and who do choose to run turbos, they have very modest power mods and really low boost. If anything, they overbuild their cooling and oiling system more than power. I've even seen some of the instructors make people turn down their boost and even turn on the ac to reduce engine power.

Anybody who need to feel good by talking trash about other people's cars can go to hell, regardless of what you drive. Just do what makes you happy and just be cool about it.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #12
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
anyone can drive a car, be a real man and ride a bicycle

YouTube - Golden Boy - Blumchen - Bicycle Race
Old 05-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #13
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
But GM Performance Parts just released the "E-Rod" kit, which makes the LS3 swap into an OBD-I vehicle completely legal.
I'm not sure if this is completely accurate. You can put a stock 2008 LS3 into any older car and still be legal.

At least in my state it is. Not sure about Cali.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #14
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
I'm not sure if this is completely accurate. You can put a stock 2008 LS3 into any older car and still be legal.

At least in my state it is. Not sure about Cali.
GM Performance Parts | E-ROD LS3 | The Future of Hot Rod Performance

FULLY emissions compliant, and fully legal for registration.
No need for "kit car" loop holes and such that have been used in various states for years now.

Comes with the harness, ECM, high flow cats...
Old 05-13-2010, 09:11 AM   #15
g6civcx
Post Whore!

I saw that, but you know what I'm saying? You can gut an '08 Corvette and swap everything over to be legal.

They pretty much modeled the E-ROD after a federally certified configuration and packaged it as a crate engine. OBDII compliance would be tough since so much depends on the shell.

It'll cost more money though so kudos to GM for bringing the prices down on the crate engine.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #16
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Yes, I understand what you're saying. Though it is easier to swap over to the Camaro headers vs. the Corvette headers in some vehicles.

Corvette headers typical dump in the middle, while the new Camaro headers have a more traditional rear discharge design.

Many aftermarket "long-tubes", remove your legality abilities in certain areas.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #17
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Any S-Chassis or RX-7 that ever has had, has, or will have an American V8 engine in it always was, is, and always will be ultimately LAME.

People who swap V8s into their drift cars are nothing but a group of fucking rednecks who don't belong in drifting.

Nothing personal, at all.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #18
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
People who swap V8s into their drift cars are nothing but a group of fucking rednecks who don't belong in drifting.
I fucking love you.

Don't get me wrong, it's a powerful motor. It just doesn't belong in a 1990's secretarybox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:37 AM   #19
HAWAII
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
HAWAII is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
i love V8s in small cars, as said before, the SBC is very reliable, inexpensive, and parts a plenty. It's a very good engine to mess with.

What I hate is FORMULA D and their stupid "V8 Engined Competition cars". I understand being competitive to the VIPER but come on those engine just produce massive amounts of torque all day. The basics of drifting gets lost within the smoke that those cars produce. If you have driven a corvette, then it's easier for you to understand, even for an automatic, just turn off the traction control and press the gas it'll get you sideways EASY.

I'll take a high strung AE86 4 banger anytime vs that V8 anytime. F.U! FORMULA D (I think that thing is rigged)
Old 05-13-2010, 09:40 AM   #20
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Really? Rednecks?

Because "drifters" are all such professional, refined people right?

Get over it.

Engine swaps have been a part of automotive tuning since the first time more than one engine size and type was offered. Just because it might not be your personal choice in tuning, doesn't mean that suddenly the people who are making those choices are somehow inferior.

Hell, I don't drive, nor plan to work on my 240 anymore, but that hasn't changed my reasoning for wanting the LSx in it if I ever change my mind to build it again.

And it's certainly not for something as trivial as drifting.

Reliability
Parts Availability
and Legality

..are all much more "MATURE" factors than whether or not the local "sliders" will think I'm cool.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:43 AM   #21
Teddy
Post Whore!

Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Quote:
Just because it might not be your personal choice in tuning, doesn't mean that suddenly the people who are making those choices are somehow inferior.
Not inferior. I just judge people by the color of their necks.

In this case, they are red... therefore, I do not like them.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:45 AM   #22
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

I see I was mistaken in attempting to carry on a mature debate with you.

Don't worry Teddy, it won't happen again.

I'm pretty much done with this Stupid Section of the Forums anyway.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #23
1five10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
To each his own guys. Most guys do it for the "WOW" factor of having something different.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:08 AM   #24
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

fcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Any S-Chassis or RX-7 that ever has had, has, or will have an American V8 engine in it always was, is, and always will be ultimately LAME.

Nothing personal, at all.
hey, hey, hey,im gona go ls1 in my car and my neck aint red. lol

ls1 cheaper to build, more reliable, why not get it, ??
Old 05-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #25
iHeartTheTouge
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
iHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I chose a LS1 for my Z for the reliability, parts availability, and for how easy it is to make more power. Plus its only 30lbs more than the factory 2.4L 6cyl lol. Does that make you upset too? Why do you care what other people swap into their own cars?

In my OPINION, LSx is the way to go if you want power on a budget. Three grand for motor, trans, ecu, etc. with 300+ horsepower (depending on which model) sounds great to me.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #26
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csomme View Post
How is having an LS swapped 240 being a pussy? Have you ever drifted a car where you don't have to wait for torque and tach shit out all the damn time? It's a proven setup with a huge reliable powerband that greatly expands with just a few modifications.

A cam and tune on even an LS1 will get you right about 500 to the wheels.

Please shut the fuck up.
no, i think you're smoking crack.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #27
Teddy
Post Whore!

Quote:
I see I was mistaken in attempting to carry on a mature debate with you.

Don't worry Teddy, it won't happen again.

I'm pretty much done with this Stupid Section of the Forums anyway.
Sorry, Barry. I didn't mean to upset you. Have faith, I can have a mature debate on a serious topic. I just don't want to argue this topic seriously anymore because there will never be an end. You'll always have the hardcore drift enthusiast (aka drift fanboys) saying V8s are lame/gay whatever, and then you'll always have the other guys (aka rednecks) who will always defend the V8s aimlessly arguing about their power, torque, and cheap cost.

Truth is, the drift fanboys don't care about the power, torque or how cheap it is! Keep arguing about that and telling us about how much power you make on a stock set up, how much torque you have at low RPM, and that it cost as much as an SR swap.

We honestly DON'T CARE! The V8 is gay because it's gay. We don't judge it from a technical standpoint; we judge it from a style standpoint. We don't like the style or image it represents, therefore no matter how much you try to convince us we will never like it or think it's cool.

Okay. Off to work.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:34 AM   #28
240sxvaj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
240sxvaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
if it has a KA in it, keep it a 240sx. if it had a LS1 in it, keep it a corvette and so on.
lots of drifter are mainly nissan (some are different), so keep it nissan and stop throwing a american motor in a import.
i have to agree with rb25_s13_*chuki, many people wants power and takes the easy way out. instead of taking the easy way out how about modding the 4 cylinders and beating the bigger motor and making those $20,000 look dumb. btw, by modding the imports you will learn alot more about your car.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:34 AM   #29
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcdrifter20 View Post

ls1 cheaper to build, more reliable, why not get it, ??
cause it's not JDM YO, that's all.

to many 240 people are strung up on being "JDM" or being "true to the car" big fucking deal. i've been in a few GT3071 and GT28RS and GT35R'd SR20 Cars. they are not bad but they just are kind of laggy for the power. i rode in a few KA's with the same turbo's seem a little better, been in a lot of Inline 6 240's and i REALLY liked that power band (as you can tell) And i have been in a couple LSX S13's and honestly a LSX 13 is a pretty nasty ride if you have someone that knows the car and knows the power band. pretty slick.

low end tq. Power, Reliability,Availability,etc all reasons to get a LSX motor.

i know the feeling though the OP has, i like beating up on people who think they are all mighty with there big motors.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #30
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
for the price it costs to do any ls1 swap, you could have an sr that will beat it.
Closed Thread