Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 12-28-2011, 01:15 AM   #91
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Wrote in Ron Paul in 2008.

Would def vote for him in the 2012 general. As a small biz owner, I can't see anyone else having my best interests in mind.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2011, 01:59 AM   #92
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post

. . . I can't see anyone else having my best interests in mind.
Hear hear.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:09 PM   #93
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i'm going to vote for RP thanks to RJF.
(whatever RJF says, just do the opposite, lol)

honestly I'm not too crazy about any of the rep candidates.
RP will always be RP, not a fan but prob the most reasonable in the group.
Obama will most likely take it in '12 imo.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #94
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
RP has an answer for everything Obama has done wrong and it wont be smoke and mirrors either.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #95
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Ron Paul Ftw!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:02 PM   #96
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
realistically, who do you guys see taking the rep primaries at this point?
(not saying who you'd pick, just who has the most chance of winning)

whomever that is, do you prefer that person over Obama?
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:01 AM   #97
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Every choice but ron paul is varying degrees of sameness with Newt being the farthest from the rest.

Romney is spending a shit ton of money to keep his spot at second but continues to open his mouth and sound just as stupid as Perry and Bachman.

If young people actually go out and vote this year it's RP all the way.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:11 AM   #98
sr20sean
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
sr20sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sr20sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
no RP! He approves on over turning civil rights laws!
i lol'd at this. its from the beginning of the thread i know but i find it funny since obama is agreeing to sign the national defense authorization act.

Cliff notes: Florida
sr20sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:18 AM   #99
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I'd love to see the source for him doing that. lol
Old 12-29-2011, 01:27 AM   #100
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post

Would def vote for him in the 2012 general. As a small biz owner, I can't see anyone else having my best interests in mind.
This

msglngth

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #101
anthonyr sil8ty
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
anthonyr sil8ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20sean View Post
i lol'd at this. its from the beginning of the thread i know but i find it funny since obama is agreeing to sign the national defense authorization act.

lol, obama actually doing something he said he will do?
anthonyr sil8ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #102
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Shouldn't we add Poll to this thread ?

I'd say RP..
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:56 PM   #103
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Poll ftw! !!!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:14 AM   #104
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Undecided. So dissapointed with presidents of my lifetime. Not sure it's worth voting between a turd and a giant douche. Either one will face the same problems with actually getting anything done, and recieve all the blame.

read this and it's all i foresee for the presidency in the near future
California and Bust | Business | Vanity Fair
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #105
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Government Mortgage Schemes Distort the Housing Market

Government Mortgage Schemes Distort the Housing Market
Congressman Ron Paul U.S. House of Representatives July 16, 2002

Mr. Speaker, I rise to introduce the Free Housing Market Enhancement Act. This legislation restores a free market in housing by repealing special privileges for housing-related government sponsored enterprises (GSEs). These entities are the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie), the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie), and the National Home Loan Bank Board (HLBB). According to the Congressional Budget Office, the housing-related GSEs received $13.6 billion worth of indirect federal subsidies in fiscal year 2000 alone.

One of the major government privileges granted these GSEs is a line of credit to the United States Treasury. According to some estimates, the line of credit may be worth over $2 billion. This explicit promise by the Treasury to bail out these GSEs in times of economic difficulty helps them attract investors who are willing to settle for lower yields than they would demand in the absence of the subsidy. Thus, the line of credit distorts the allocation of capital. More importantly, the line of credit is a promise on behalf of the government to engage in a massive unconstitutional and immoral income transfer from working Americans to holders of GSE debt.
The Free Housing Market Enhancement Act also repeals the explicit grant of legal authority given to the Federal Reserve to purchase the debt of housing-related GSEs. GSEs are the only institutions besides the United States Treasury granted explicit statutory authority to monetize their debt through the Federal Reserve. This provision gives the GSEs a source of liquidity unavailable to their competitors.

Ironically, by transferring the risk of a widespread mortgage default, the government increases the likelihood of a painful crash in the housing market. This is because the special privileges of Fannie, Freddie, and HLBB have distorted the housing market by allowing them to attract capital they could not attract under pure market conditions. As a result, capital is diverted from its most productive use into housing. This reduces the efficacy of the entire market and thus reduces the standard of living of all Americans.

However, despite the long-term damage to the economy inflicted by the government’s interference in the housing market, the government’s policies of diverting capital to other uses creates a short-term boom in housing. Like all artificially-created bubbles, the boom in housing prices cannot last forever. When housing prices fall, homeowners will experience difficulty as their equity is wiped out. Furthermore, the holders of the mortgage debt will also have a loss. These losses will be greater than they would have otherwise been had government policy not actively encouraged over-investment in housing.

Perhaps the Federal Reserve can stave off the day of reckoning by purchasing GSE debt and pumping liquidity into the housing market, but this cannot hold off the inevitable drop in the housing market forever. In fact, postponing the necessary but painful market corrections will only deepen the inevitable fall. The more people invested in the market, the greater the effects across the economy when the bubble bursts.

No less an authority than Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan has expressed concern that government subsidies provided to the GSEs make investors underestimate the risk of investing in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Mr. Speaker, it is time for Congress to act to remove taxpayer support from the housing GSEs before the bubble bursts and taxpayers are once again forced to bail out investors misled by foolish government interference in the market. I therefore hope my colleagues will stand up for American taxpayers and investors by cosponsoring the Free Housing Market Enhancement Act.
The only logical choice is Ron Paul.
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:22 PM   #106
freeagent3117
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
freeagent3117 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
RP all the way!
Why does everybody think he doesnt have a chance?

Is SOOOO frustrating hearing everybody say this. If you all went and voted for him he would have a chance. 76% of people with political opinions dont vote. Its sad

freeagent3117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:33 PM   #107
rb20240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
rb20240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
RP ftw it's good to see the media actually acknowledge him now days. And glad to see so many people saying there voting for him. Also what kind of dumbass would vote the obama back in office?
Old 12-31-2011, 07:04 PM   #108
Michaelwinne
Zilvia Junkie

Michaelwinne is an unknown quantity at this point
RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeagent3117 View Post
RP all the way!
Why does everybody think he doesnt have a chance?

Is SOOOO frustrating hearing everybody say this. If you all went and voted for him he would have a chance. 76% of people with political opinions dont vote. Its sad

Ever asked certain ppl why they voted for Obama? Oh by the way we're in the military we're not allowed to have opinions..
Michaelwinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:31 PM   #109
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I hate that. Questioning the domestic decisions the PRESIDENT has made is not questioning the leadership of the COMMANDER IN CHIEF.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:57 PM   #110
sileight_04
Zilvia Member

sileight_04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sileight_04 Send a message via Yahoo to sileight_04
Ron Paul. While i agree with almost all of his plans, especially as a small business owner, I do disagree with his plan to cut medicare and Social Security but he is the overall proper vote for me.

No candidate will ever be perfect on all topics, they may say all of the right things but there is no way to make it all happen..... too many people bought into this regarding Obama, now look where we are.
sileight_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:18 PM   #111
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

He can want to cut them all day and all night but that is a matter for congress no the president.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #112
BC S14
Zilvia Member

BC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choices
NO NO NO! I can't believe all of you people. Last time I posted on here about an election all you retards would'nt shut up about super cool badass obama and obama is my homeboy and FLAMED the sh!t out of me for trying to convince all of you other wise. I swear it was 3-5 pages of almost everyone on here swingin from obamas nuts. NOW!,, you all want to use your brain? I seriously can't believe this is happening. It makes me sick to my stomache to think people who voted for obama are able to vote at all. I think I deserve a big fvcking sorry from each retard on here. People talked soo much sh!t on me, now you want to vote for the canadate I suggested IN 2008? Are you serious? Heres something I promised the last time I posted in a political thread on here. I FVCKING TOLD YOU SO...YOU DUMB@SSES. Enjoy.
Man it feels good to be right, when the majority sheeple are so damn wrong.

Formally girl's n sil's
BC S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #113
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
heres the problem with all politicians.

The Right is Wrong and the left is stupid.

so either way you vote its not gonna fix anything.

but Ron paul for me.

I love my guns way to much.
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:58 PM   #114
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Ron Paul! He knows the issues... Less government ! How he would resolve them are eeeehhh but he knows what's up... Have any of u seen the you tube video of him closing a reporter
Old 12-31-2011, 11:11 PM   #115
ralphandthequeen
Zilvia Member

ralphandthequeen is an unknown quantity at this point
neither.. put Chuck Norris in office.. bitches love Chuck.
ralphandthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:21 PM   #116
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Hey, I registered republican so I could vote for RP in the primary.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #117
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not a Ron Paul supporter per se, but I will say I can see how the media hates him and is portraying an unfair image. Too bad, I think he would have made it more interesting had he won Iowa.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #118
rb20240sx
Zilvia Junkie

rb20240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya watching the Iowa Caucasus. Fox news sucks at speaking the truth, just their twisted spin on it. Registered today myself.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #119
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Don't give a fuck ..just fixed this damn country..put the green back in my pocket..
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #120
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
The only thing, is that I hope Ron Paul isn't a modern day Ross Perot. I don't Mind RP's opinion, and have re considered many of my previous opinions on him, but there is no doubt that unless he wins, that he could draw the votes from the 'lesser' of the major 2 candidates, and potentially cause the 'most evil' to win.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote