Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:58 AM   #1
510-SR20DET
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
510-SR20DET is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
BlackTrax

This is the one and only thread about BlackTrax. If people before me did this, it would of save me thousands of dollars.
The story:
Back in 2008, i decided to upgrade my turbo setup from stock to top mount and tuned. I asked around but not many tuner tune PFC since most people in Bay Area have Honda. I was in desperate to have the car done so i brought it to BlackTrax. The grand total was $6245 which include HG change from stock to Apexi 1.1mm, tuning 1100.
The day i got my car back, i jumped in the car trying to start it, It took few crank to start and i had to give it some gas they told me PFC is a piece of shit and recommended to me to change it to AEM ems. i was like so i towed the car home (because the car is not registered)
the next day i started the engine and heard rattling noise in the valve cover so i called them. they said maybe big cams make that noise. I hang up.
I started the car up once every week and drove the car around the block few time. The car drive like shit, black smoke everywhere. My spark plug is BLACK, what kind of tune makes your spark plug black? I called them back and they said i have to get another tune I paid $1100 for a complete tune and now i have pay again? then i decided to do brake swap. Due to brake swap my car didnt run at all for 6 months and one day i found a bad news. The engine just wont start. I called BlackTrax up to see what wrong and brought it back to BlackTrax. After 2 hours they called me and said the engine is blew. How can it be? I didn't drive it for more than 5 miles. they said they dont know and they have to take the engine apart to see what wrong. Who's paying for the labor? ME! They tried to charge me for their own previous job which went wrong.
So i brought it to Performance Options in oakland. I had the whole engine ripped apart and guess what i found out? Bad HG replacement job, The head and the block was shaved so bad it uneven caused boost leak. The ring seized up because so much gas was dumped into the engine and carbon built up. I let this go because i have no proof of if it was BlackTrax's false or previous owner's false. What goes around comes around.
After the engine was finished rebuilt, i had Frank at garage Boso to come up and tune my car. Frank pulled out the old tune/maps from BlackTrax on his laptop and told me the map is not much different compare to stock base map which came with PFC. This pointed out that BlackTrax didn't spend much time to tune my car while they charged me 6 hours for tune. they also lied about PFC doesnt come with basemap so they have to work from scratch which would be 6 hours. The number blackTrax gave me could be fake, they pumped up the number while the tune is shit and incomplete.
I would not be mad if BlackTrax be honest with me and said "this is all we can do, my knowledge is limited" instead of pounding on their chest saying they're the best and lied and ripped off people wallets.
Learn from my experience and do not bring your car there, Im not the only one got screwed up. If i have known better, if there was a thread about them to helped me.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
240sx123$
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
For the full, unbiased story, go here:

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/336074-blac...yno-sheet.html
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
510-SR20DET
Zilvia Junkie

Also make sure you read this too

http://zilvia.net/f/north-western-st...-bay-area.html

Ask anyone on Zilvia who own PFC, do their car need to crank more than 3 times to start? Do they have to give it some gas to start it? Ask for yourself. This happened to my car and other people car after they get out from BlackTrax. Ask drifters around the world, is PFC a garbage? Ask yourself.
This is my story. If any of you have good experiences with BlackTrax, please feel free to chime in.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
grexs13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
grexs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It's funny how someone that doesn't even live in the area brings their 2 cents into something they know nothing about. I had a similar experience w/ Aki/Blakctraxx w/ my AE86. Up sold me things that I didn't need. Felt like big sucker! Lesson learn, spread the good word 510-sr20det!
grexs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:28 AM   #5
510-SR20DET
Zilvia Junkie

Thought i need an update on this so here it goes
I emailed Black trax, I didn't call them because im tired of "i didn't say that" game, I wanted everything in writing. After a long back and forth emails, i drew a bottom line and wrote this "if i can prove this is your fault, what would you do to compensate me now?" There is no respond on that.