Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-18-2023, 04:04 PM   #91
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
So how about those Mclaren boys?

Ps. I fucking hate sprint weekends.
Old 10-19-2023, 09:24 AM   #92
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
I forget if it was Carlos Sainz who said it, but they mentioned if the sprint weekend was more about completely changing up the race order, spectators would enjoy that a lot more and they as drivers would enjoy the challenge.

Drivers would start in reverse order depending on where they stand in championship points.

Might mean more carnage though, but I think that would pull in more viewers as well.

I'm happy for Mclaren suddenly making their way to the front. Piastri is consistent, but Lando definitely has better race pace overall. Everyone is basically waiting for Max to trip up somehow for their opportunity at a win.

Checo is killing me. He started the season off so well and just completely fell apart. I really don't see Red Bull keeping him past this season.

Anyone making their way to the Las Vegas Grand Prix?

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 02:43 PM   #93
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Checo is killing me. He started the season off so well and just completely fell apart. I really don't see Red Bull keeping him past this season.
It's tough to watch. I can't imagine the stress he's under. What a bonehead move in Mexico. I think he thought the lead was within his grasp which is why he committed even though the space wasn't there. I really wish the cars weren't as enormous as they are now days. Seems like a lot of people have been struggling to judge their size accurately.
Old 11-21-2023, 06:58 AM   #94
Ryan_H
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Ryan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So so, as a die hard F1 fan in the UK whose been watching for nigh on 30 years, I'd love to hear what you guys thought of Vegas?
Ryan_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 08:21 AM   #95
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_H View Post
So so, as a die hard F1 fan in the UK whose been watching for nigh on 30 years, I'd love to hear what you guys thought of Vegas?
I think a lot of people were expecting(and some hoping) the Vegas GP to be shit show. Thursday water drain drama didn't do much the squash those expectations. The Camera angles didn't give me a sense that we were in Sin City. It could have been Singapore 85% of the time. Also getting in a car and driving to the other side of the track just to do the driver interviews only then to squeeze back in the car and drive back for the trophy ceremony was dumb.
However I thought the race was pretty exciting. Max didn't ride off into desert the first few laps like everyone thought he would. The fight for second place came down to the last lap. A lot of good racing through out the mid pack. There have been far worst races this year in terms of entertainment than the Vegas GP.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 12:04 PM   #96
Ryan_H
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Ryan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I said the exact same thing as you about camera angles, it could literally have been Singapore from the onboards.

I was definitely in the camp of not being impressed at the concept of Vegas, not appreciating the disorganisation or the fact that this is a very clear cash cow and bad for fans. However, like you, I enjoyed the race
Ryan_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 12:44 PM   #97
A DOG 406
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
A DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I went to the Vegas F1 and had an absolute blast of a time!!!!
Got a room in the Marriott Grand Chateau and had a sick view of the track right from my room. The road closures did mess up traffic quite a bit and not being able to uber at all during the night was a little rough, however it was WELL WORTH IT!!!

Standing on the strip and hearing the pack of cars tearing a hole in time and space at over 200MPH was orgasmic to my ears. The sound those cars made flying by was like a pack of F-18 Hornets straight ripping!! The crashes were wild and the racing was better than I thought after some of the drivers were not stoked on even being there at all.

The rat race of people on the sidewalks around the strip on Saturday night got pretty overwhelming, but only at a few spots where people were going up the escalators and over the cross bridges. They had big groups of people waiting to go on the walkways while others waited at the bottom of the stairs. Not sure if it was a weight bearing thing or if they just wanted to control the flow of people.

I will most definitely be going back again next year!
Old 11-21-2023, 03:31 PM   #98
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_H View Post
I was definitely in the camp of not being impressed at the concept of Vegas, not appreciating the disorganisation or the fact that this is a very clear cash cow and bad for fans. However, like you, I enjoyed the race
Same.

I'm not a fan of Vegas, or Miami for that matter, because of the level of Ameri-cringe and overt consumerism that surrounds the two events, but at least Vegas made for good racing.

I really hope they add another actual track in the USA. Sonoma or Road America would be rad.
Old 11-22-2023, 07:19 AM   #99
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I'm glad to see that I was not the only one weirded out by the camera angles.
I have been to Vegas a few times and make a point of getting out and about as much as i can, but it took me FAR too long to orient where WHAT was over the race course because the angles were weird.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 11:57 AM   #100
deolio
Post Whore!

92 days for Mercedes and Ferrari to get their shit together. Will they succeed?

2023 was a hell of a season for Max. I can't imagine anyone having a more dominant season any time soon.

Next season predictions:
• A major 4-way battle at the front between RedBull, Mercedes, Ferrari, and Mclaren.
• I could see Alpine leading the midfield with AlphaTauri ("Racing Bulls"? Dumb name) and Williams becoming a contender if Sargeant learns to keep it between the lines.
• Aston Martin showed little improvement in the second half of the season and I don't see them being able to duplicate the leap forward that they made last off season. I'd love to see them towards the front for Alonso's sake, but I'm expecting hit-and-miss (mostly miss thanks to Stroll) results.
• Alfa Romeo (Sauber) will probably stay at the back until that Audi funding comes through.
• Why/how is Haas still here?
Old 01-16-2024, 07:05 AM   #101
DaijolBrowl

Trader Rating: (0)
DaijolBrowl is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What are your thoughts on the camera angles during the Vegas Grand Prix, and do you agree with the idea of starting the drivers in reverse order based on championship points for a more entertaining sprint weekend format?
DaijolBrowl is offline   Reply With Quote