Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2003, 07:31 PM   #1
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
240SX National Convention **SCHEDULE/PLAN CHANGE**

Due to the severe lack of interest in this year's Convention, I have been forced to make a few decisions regarding the event that I was not prepared to do. While I understand that everyone has a life outside of their car, the original hype surrounding the event has died, politics have become an issue, and now a small group of individuals have 'tainted' the weekend by slandering the event, which has declined both attendance and interest even further. Due to these factors there are now serious financial limitations, so a change must be made.

While I would like to cut all ties and cancel the entire event, there are still a number of people willing to make this all worthwhile, including myself, and the deposit paid to AMS is non-refundable, meaning I'd be sitting with a $3750 debt that I simply cannot pay. To eleviate some of the cost burden, the Sunday autocross has been cancelled completely. The charges for renting a lot at AMS cannot be justified without the interest, and the only other solution is to use an abandoned lot nearby, however after some research it has been determined that it's city-owned, therefore the process of renting it without a backing of corporation is not possible. The lot is also old and in poor state, meaning increased wear and abuse on our cars.

Second, the track event is now open to ANY vehicle, whether it be domestic or import. The local Porsche/BMW/etc clubs have shown interest and are more willing to pay for this type of event, and the company we are using to assist in track rental will also be bringing a number of cars out as well to help us cover the costs. While I did not want it to reach this point, there is no other option now. Track time may decrease depending on participation, however it will not suffer greatly and those driving will get a fair amount of seat time.

Thirdly, there will be no raffle drawing, as sponsors have backed out as well and there simply is no revenue to fund it.

What does this mean for those who have made the efforts to attend? The refund of autocross money will begin within a few weeks, please understand that the money paid in has already been applied to the track, but as more people begin to register I will have funds available. Those who paid for autocross only are welcome to contact me directly and possibly arrange a track participation for a nominal fee.

The plans for Sunday are now open, lower cost alternatives are in the works and will be updated when a decision is made, and once again I sincerely apologize to all those who had made the effort to attend and make the event a memorable one. I know for myself it's been a struggle, but I'm anxiously awaiting the weekend to arrive to enjoy the company of fellow 240 enthusiasts as well as other sportscar drivers.

To those who did not make the efforts, or mainly to those who tried to bring it down, you nearly suceeded. I know after this is over I am done with the 240 community as a whole, the disappointments found during the planning of this event have unfortunately left it's mark.

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] with any questions or concerns.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links