Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-19-2008, 09:10 AM   #31
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNISA JECS View Post
Thanks, yea I haven't bought the oil gauge yet but in the mean time I just bought a new oil sending unit from nissan to feel the hole for now.

I do plan on buying an aftermarket turbo outlet and downpipe. As for running the stock units, I had to see for myself how everything matted up since no one has actually documented it really good, or I just gave up searching but I do think I recall reading something about adding a flange as a spacer.

Actually I made a little thread on KA-T.org about the fitment issue on teh sr turbo outlet on a KA24DE(T), even over there nothing was clear and to the point baout what you needed to do.

Heres the link with some pics:
http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic...1663&highlight=
It's possible since the OE SR downpipe has more of a curve in it, plus it's smaller diameter, you'll clear the floorboard fine if you use it. I'm running all the SSA stuff too, the turbo outlet has no clearance issues with my GTi-R T28, and I think the aftermarket stuff has a wider path to clear the bellhousing anyway because there's lots of room. I also added a flex section into the back of my downpipe like one of those kids showed in that thread, you'll want to really drop the front end if you do that though because the flex section is a larger diameter, creating even more clearance issues. I ended up putting it a couples inches from the rear flange and then banging the floorboard up a hair where it starts to widen to clear the OE cat/resonator, it's fine now but the flex does drag on speedbumps/etc.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #32
eclipse_dsm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
eclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Your build is clean. I thought you got the S15 T28 turbo from the guy with the RB26. It seems that your running T25 either way it's looking great!
eclipse_dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:41 PM   #33
eclipse_dsm
Zilvia Junkie

eclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond repute
Just an FYI. I'm using stock S13 SR turbo outlet with both T25 and T28 with no clearance issues. When I did switch to S14 T28 I noticed that 1 bolt doesn't line up and had to drill it a bit for it to line up properly. I also use an ebay front pipe and full 3 inch exhaust. I can send you some pics if you want.
eclipse_dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #34
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
I still have the T28 and it will go on soon, my wouldn't line up either until I grinded some material (see pics on page 1) for clearance then I could had tighten all the bolts on the turbo outlet.

This is the T28:

I need to buy the relocating/reclocking kit for the compressor inlet and outlet pipes.
UNISA JECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:17 PM   #35
dropemlow
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (1)
dropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nicedropemlow is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
nice post. i was wanting to know how to run the water lines on the t28 turbo im putting on my ka.
dropemlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:14 PM   #36
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
any updates???

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:45 PM   #37
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropemlow View Post
nice post. i was wanting to know how to run the water lines on the t28 turbo im putting on my ka.
You can run without them.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:33 PM   #38
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
You can run without them.
Sure can if you wanna do it half ass, you can even drive on 3 cylinders to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropemlow View Post
The same exact way I did on my T25.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #39
bo2o
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
bo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
did you motor mount get in the way of your oil return?

^^^click^^^
bo2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:20 PM   #40
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo2o View Post
did you motor mount get in the way of your oil return?
No, I designed/made it so that it would come up threw the center of the engine mount bracket. I made everything in the most direct fitting manner as possibly to alleviate any chance of oil pooling or what not, also that point I tapped into was specifically choosen because its the absolute highest point you can tap on the oil pan.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #41
jinesz32
Zilvia FREAK!

jinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to beholdjinesz32 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to jinesz32
im running my t25 setup without water / coolant lines, just oil lines, restrictors, etc. i noticed the clearance with the stock sr dumppipe, it sorta was touching my tranny, so i thought that was the reason why i couldn't install my dp, but when i took it out [turbo seals were blown when installed] i tried connecting the dp to the dump and the it didn't fit, i gotta get it cut and weld a new flange on it.

nice write up.

+1

i gotta redo my oil pan, its leaking from me yanking it back and fourth, [ this is gonna be the 4th or 5th time im taking it off and putting it back on.

1. i remove the stock crap, put in the t25.
2. i removed the t25 built, [smoking alot] blown seals.
3. i put in a friends turbo to see if it still smokes.
4. i removed the turbo because he needed it back.
5. i picked up a new turbo and im gonna have it installed.
6. i noticed it got a lot easier than the first time doing it
jinesz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:56 AM   #42
phi_ho1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (57)
phi_ho1 is making a name for him/her selfphi_ho1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 57 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to phi_ho1
good information for the KA-T
phi_ho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:06 PM   #43
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Sweet.

They explained perfectly why you should have a turbo timer.
You can idle your car forever and it'll still repeatedly boil the coolant in the CHRA when you have your coolant lines hooked up. This will greatly reduce the temperatures in the CHRA, and keep oil from coking on the bearings.

Idling your car only cools things down a little from running hard, but it's still too hot on a BB turbo to shut it off without coolant lines if you want to ensure there is no oil coking in the turbo.
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:26 AM   #44
180sxdrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
awesome thread !

Instagram @ikigai.no.jinsei
180sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:56 PM   #45
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
badassness... +1 rep and subscribed, will be great when I get all of my turbo chit!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:33 AM   #46
YoungRookie
Zilvia FREAK!

YoungRookie will become famous soon enoughYoungRookie will become famous soon enoughYoungRookie will become famous soon enoughYoungRookie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to YoungRookie
Awsome info here, will definitely help me route my coolant lines on my t28
Old 12-31-2008, 02:24 PM   #47
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Just thought I'd give an update here.

Both the oil/water feed and return have held up perfectly no leaks or signs of failure or blockage of any kind.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #48
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Anyone have info on doing a steel braided oil return line for t25 on ka24de
Old 08-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #49
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
Any updates to any other places that sell the fittings listed in #2 for the coolant line setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #50
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0nderbr3ad View Post
Any updates to any other places that sell the fittings listed in #2 for the coolant line setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anyplace that carries these types of fittings will have that part just call around index and Straight NPT To A.N. Adapter. Zinc Plated Steel - Steel - Adapters
Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #51
drifter92
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
drifter92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Here are some great thread adapters for the stock ka24de oil filter block

9008 | BSPT x Male Pipe (NPTF)

9042 | BSPT x Female Pipe (NPTF)
drifter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #52
Mack0917
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Mack0917 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Has anyone used a plate in between the block and the oil filter for a feed? then it as 1/8th adapters around it to be hooked up(Feed,Gauge, ect..) think there would be a difference if i get the oil from there? $50 For that adapter is kinda steep. But then again it looks like it can hold.
Mack0917 is offline   Reply With Quote