Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Japan 日本

Old 11-21-2009, 03:04 AM   #31
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidin' Sam View Post
i'm headed down to okinawa in a week and a half with some other people from tokyo. we will be there for a week and would like to check out the scene down there...so if you wanna meet some new people and maybe show us around, let me know. thanks!
where you headed? not that the island's big enough for it to matter...
c72c is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2009, 05:20 AM   #32
boosted98gst
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
boosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boosted98gst
Quote:
Originally Posted by initial D View Post
Those of you that lived over there, why'd you leave? were you in the army or something?

I hope to be able to visit or live there someday

I am okinawan but live in the US. Honda pays for me to work at the plant in ohio, They paid for my house and my cars and for my family to be here also. Hopfully some day I will move back I own 2 homes in oki that my family are taking care of.
boosted98gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:12 PM   #33
Slidin' Sam
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin' Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
We are headed to Kadena.
Slidin' Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:35 PM   #34
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
(slidin_sam) i'm headed down to okinawa in a week and a half with some other people from tokyo. we will be there for a week and would like to check out the scene down there...so if you wanna meet some new people and maybe show us around, let me know. thanks!
well saturday is customs night at jusco (if it doesn't get rained out again), and there's a gymkhana event on the 5th if you'll still be here.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:09 AM   #35
Slidin' Sam
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin' Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Where is the gymkhana at? I am pretty sure we will be leaving on Sat.
Slidin' Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #36
driftredmption
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
driftredmption is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
soorry to come so late into this..but it sounds like honda people are stupid no matter where you go lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtuned_andy View Post
who says they look like american drift cars?....

I've seen the USDM jams over there, the honda crowd in Japan is big into converting their cars into US market ie shaving markers, adding badges, acura stuff etc..

YouTube - "USDM jam ver.5" jdm usdm meet
driftredmption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:31 AM   #37
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What do you guys do in terms of the JCI inspections with your modified cars?

I'll be there in 2011, and it seems likes the rules for modified cars are alot different. Heard the car has to be near stock for the inspection?
Old 01-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #38
jzepol1985
Zilvia Junkie

jzepol1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^
Since you are going to Oki I would sign up for this forum
Okinawa Japan Forum

Plenty of info on anything to do with military life and oki
jzepol1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #39
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzepol1985 View Post
^^^^
Okinawa Japan Forum

HAHAHAHA...thats the perfect forum if you like basket weaving...

www.zeroyon.com - Drag Racing, Drifting, Videos, Forum - Piston & Rotary Turbo

and The Inner Sanctum • Index page

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:22 AM   #40
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Lol, basket weaving is for the hardcore only.

I'm on ZY as of a few days ago, trying to get my posts up so I view the rest of the board.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:38 AM   #41
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
What do you guys do in terms of the JCI inspections with your modified cars?

I'll be there in 2011, and it seems likes the rules for modified cars are alot different. Heard the car has to be near stock for the inspection?
\\petty much you try and by a car with new jci or jci that doesnt expire for a while

if u have to do jci u need to take this

and turn it in to this

then after jci you turn it back into this

zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:50 AM   #42
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Oki's not too bad, JCI is kinda like smog out here. Can be done under the table if you know the right folks but it cost 2x what a regular JCI run. If you run it thru the inspection place on base, everything is good and they didnt ding you for anything...you're looking at $350 roughly.

Anyways, I heard Yokota is sucking now. Plus only place to get your JCI is on base...cant get your Y-plate car JCI'd offbase.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #43
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

So what you're saying basically is keep all the stock parts after upgrades. Oh goody lol
Old 01-05-2010, 05:47 AM   #44
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
So what you're saying basically is keep all the stock parts after upgrades. Oh goody lol
Shit, I got none...and my JCI is going to be due this coming June. Oh the joys of spending atleast $700 to be able to drive my car for another 8 months after that. If I go back stateside, chassis' going to the junkyard. TMO'ing everything I got.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #45
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzepol1985 View Post
^^^^
Okinawa Japan Forum

hahahaha i'd go further but ray took care of it. and no, your car doesn't have to be too close to stock for jci unless you go crazy with it and are barely legal (if at all) on a daily basis.
lonestar- you'll find just about everything you need on ZY or IS when you get the posts.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:55 AM   #46
iSLYD

Trader Rating: (0)
iSLYD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
omfg i am sooo glad i found this forum, i been in GA for like 4 yrs and me and the wife are pcsing to oki in like 3 weeks, im planning on pickin up somethin, (dreams of sil-eighty) but yea i dont know anyone and dont know where anything is at, but am deeef looking for some one to get in touch wit other than some military stiffs...meant in the best way possible
iSLYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #47
iSLYD

oh and another thing, like ive looked all over tube of U and the only footage i get is of like this parkin lot same one, all the time, is that the ONYL place to get some fun in?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:08 AM   #48
rweezly_s13
Leaky Injector

rweezly_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
oki all day!!!

for those moving to oki, you'll find the car scene very alive
here...jus don't b a dumbass when it comes to driving b/c it affects
us all, ESPECIALLY air force personnel...and i wouldn't knock honda drivers!!!
there are some pretty fast honda's driving around oki!!!
rweezly_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:51 AM   #49
Rudel

Rudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Rudel
Was it you that crashed that S15, 180 perhaps?
Rudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #50
rweezly_s13
Leaky Injector

nooo...i didn't crasha 15 or a 180...i crashed my jzx90 bout a year ago..that was my last crash, my friend crashed his 14 a week ago...i'm looking for a 180 now
Old 02-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #51
iSLYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rweezly_s13 View Post
nooo...i didn't crasha 15 or a 180...i crashed my jzx90 bout a year ago..that was my last crash, my friend crashed his 14 a week ago...i'm looking for a 180 now
hey im lookin for the same thing but i have been trying to decide whether to get a r33 when i arrive and take the motor for an s13 swap or just try to find a running sr, well either way i am lookin for one for when i get there on the 24th of march, if you find any info on some good deals could you let me no anything, or even where to go to find one in good shape, ive checked some sites from over here in the states and gotten pretty aggravated, also okinawayardsales.com seems pretty nice but any other avenues?
Old 02-24-2010, 12:31 AM   #52
rweezly_s13
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSLYD View Post
hey im lookin for the same thing but i have been trying to decide whether to get a r33 when i arrive and take the motor for an s13 swap or just try to find a running sr, well either way i am lookin for one for when i get there on the 24th of march, if you find any info on some good deals could you let me no anything, or even where to go to find one in good shape, ive checked some sites from over here in the states and gotten pretty aggravated, also okinawayardsales.com seems pretty nice but any other avenues?
if you haven't looked at oki's car forum zeroyon, your not gonna find the
goodies, it has alot of what your looking, s13 coupes are rare tho, there's two 33's for sale on there and for a rather cheap price, 180's are abundant...either way if you do the swap, you'll have to have one car as your main car, and the other as a parts car...good luck when you get here...i suggest you join zeroyon asap!! learn alot about the car scene here
Old 02-25-2010, 02:31 AM   #53
Options13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
Options13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
damn i miss okinawa !
Options13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:52 AM   #54
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
Trader Rating: (16)
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Its been exactly 10 years.... I miss you Oki....
240XTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #55
Bigalow311
Zilvia Junkie

Bigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240XTC View Post
Its been exactly 10 years.... I miss you Oki....

I know the feeling. It's been two years since I was in Iwakuni.

Anyways, next time I want to bring back an RB with me. Does anyone know the policies (USN/USMC) for bringing back engines via household goods? Is it possible?
Bigalow311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:05 AM   #56
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
what car is mike craig driving now... When I was at Yokota with him he had that blue silvia K's riThat he slammed into a guard rail when he was filimg with the grip video guys...and right before I left is when he got his White s14...

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:00 AM   #57
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
like a fucking SM-X or something. i think he sold it and bought something else though
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #58
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSLYD View Post
OYS is one way to go, get on zeroyon and innersanctum and you'll find more stuff, better stuff, and worth the price. finding a running sr won't be a problem since they come stock and they're all over the place, same with an r33. but yea, join those forums, ask questions, don't drive like an idiot when you get here, and we'll see you around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel View Post
Was it you that crashed that S15, 180 perhaps?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #59
240Z28
Zilvia Member

240Z28 is an unknown quantity at this point
great info.. if i ever make it to japan i know where to look!!!
Old 03-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #60
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
like a fucking SM-X or something. i think he sold it and bought something else though
He sold that before he went to Korea...he should be back in Yokota at this point so no clue what he's driving now.

CLICK HERE!!!