Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-22-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
93superHICAS
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 93superHICAS Send a message via Yahoo to 93superHICAS
hicas information

ok i think i kno enough about super hicas but id like some more, wont hurt, but anybody have any info on it, oh does anybody have a weather sriping for the sunroof of a 93 hatchy?
Old 05-22-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
AllenRPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

AllenRPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
SEARCH! it's your friend...
AllenRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:57 AM   #3
jdm538
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
jdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
its all wheel steering thats about it.
jdm538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:06 AM   #4
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
super hicas sucks

i have a 91 super hicas, all i find myself doing is how to UNDO all the "extras" that came with the car

reasons for sucking

1. have to use hicas lock bar cause who needs 4 wheel steering
2. after you realize you cant run bigger than 9 in the rear with hicas subframe, you need to swap to regular s13 or s14 or s15 subframe
3. probably have ABS on that thing as well, gotta get rid of that
4. hicas steering rack lines, could nissan have made it less like an octopus please

the only good thing is the rack is 3 turns to full lock

haha sorry if i could do again id just get base model

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:12 PM   #5
93superHICAS
Zilvia Member

93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products
super hicas sucks

i have a 91 super hicas, all i find myself doing is how to UNDO all the "extras" that came with the car

reasons for sucking

1. have to use hicas lock bar cause who needs 4 wheel steering
2. after you realize you cant run bigger than 9 in the rear with hicas subframe, you need to swap to regular s13 or s14 or s15 subframe
3. probably have ABS on that thing as well, gotta get rid of that
4. hicas steering rack lines, could nissan have made it less like an octopus please

the only good thing is the rack is 3 turns to full lock

haha sorry if i could do again id just get base model
ya ppl tell me that, whats ima do is drop the subframe, put in a reg one from my buddys s14, and it runnin right,full 3 in highflow catback
Old 05-25-2006, 06:02 PM   #6
MikeFD3S
Zilvia Member

MikeFD3S is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MikeFD3S
Get rid of HICAS

http://www.more-japan.com/Kazama-Aut...d-p-16146.html

Logan is right though, even though HICAS can be eliminated, you still have the HICAS subframe which will limit you on other things...a lot of work
'90 240SX Hatch

'89 240SX Coupe [dead]
'91 Geo Storm [dead]
'86 FC3S GXL [gone]
MikeFD3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 06:27 PM   #7
tre
Zilvia Junkie

tre will become famous soon enoughtre will become famous soon enoughtre will become famous soon enoughtre will become famous soon enoughtre will become famous soon enough
i disabled long ago HAHA

god that shit was unreliable.

gonna design a hicas eliminater shortly
Old 05-25-2006, 06:27 PM   #8
tre
Zilvia Junkie

tre will become famous soon enoughtre will become famous soon enoughtre will become famous soon enoughtre will become famous soon enoughtre will become famous soon enough
oh btw i thought the only hicas elimnator on the market was for the 300zx. maybe they have one for the 240 now.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:41 PM   #9
93superHICAS
Zilvia Member

im droping the subframe and puttin in the original from my buddies s13
Old 05-26-2006, 01:04 AM   #10
RightWheelDrive
Zilvia Member

RightWheelDrive is on a distinguished road
You said you were putting in a S14 subframe earlier...as in 3 posts ago. Hicas also causes premature tire wear on the center of your tires(which looks like over-inflation). Get rid of it, you will be much happier. Get some subframe spacers/inserts while your at it.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:47 AM   #11
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
He probably searched around and realized he can't. The S14 subframe is too wide to fit an S13.
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:49 AM   #12
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA
He probably searched around and realized he can't. The S14 subframe is too wide to fit an S13.
russ are u sure?

it might be cause im up late but iirc s14 or s15 fits s13 chassis

usually people upgrade for the wider stance you are referring to

haha how many subframes you got sitting in the backyard eh ?

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
Old 05-26-2006, 04:01 AM   #13
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
russ are u sure?

it might be cause im up late but iirc s14 or s15 fits s13 chassis

usually people upgrade for the wider stance you are referring to

haha how many subframes you got sitting in the backyard eh ?
I counted 4 or 5 on the ground and several more still attached to cars yet to be disassembled when I was there a couple weeks ago.

(no, I'm not joking)

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:08 AM   #14
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
I counted 4 or 5 on the ground and several more still attached to cars yet to be disassembled when I was there a couple weeks ago.

(no, I'm not joking)
i wouldnt doubt it

we should play the "what DONT u have game"

where u try to name the most obscure part from a s chassis and see if russ doesnt have it

money says that he will always win

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
Old 05-26-2006, 04:13 AM   #15
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
i wouldnt doubt it

we should play the "what DONT u have game"

where u try to name the most obscure part from a s chassis and see if russ doesnt have it

money says that he will always win
I am not allowed to complain about that, I got a lot of the shit I needed for my car from that very fact.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:59 AM   #16
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
With offset bushings they'll fit, but the mounting points are wider by just over 1/2" between the two. Dousan had a link about some custom bushings made in Japan that work at one time but that's the only way unless you cut/weld.

And yes, I'm up to five subframes ready to ship, and eight more that need stripping. Shame no one wants them.
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 08:11 AM   #17
93superHICAS
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightWheelDrive
You said you were putting in a S14 subframe earlier...as in 3 posts ago. Hicas also causes premature tire wear on the center of your tires(which looks like over-inflation). Get rid of it, you will be much happier. Get some subframe spacers/inserts while your at it.
yaq i said that, idk it was late at night and it was dark and could see much, but yes its a s13 subframe,i thought it was a s14, you realy cant trust mexicans can you, no offence, but yes i did some research.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:36 PM   #18
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
HICAS is rare, and can be good for grip. For drift, not the most popular extra, yes they do make HICAS eliminator bars for the 240sx and yes you can get them for not that much...http://phase2motorsports.stores.yaho...a24hielba.html and here http://phase2motorsports.stores.yaho...mhicelkit.html .

Hope I helped
DRIFTER-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #19
MikeFD3S
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M
HICAS is rare, and can be good for grip. For drift, not the most popular extra, yes they do make HICAS eliminator bars for the 240sx and yes you can get them for not that much...http://phase2motorsports.stores.yaho...a24hielba.html and here http://phase2motorsports.stores.yaho...mhicelkit.html .

Hope I helped

When they were brand new and working properly, they were a novel idea that was included on many Nissan vehicles in Japan....but unfortunately, that's not the case with our 15+ year old cars.

I heard HICAS doesn't work too well in the rain or snow conditions
'90 240SX Hatch

'89 240SX Coupe [dead]
'91 Geo Storm [dead]
'86 FC3S GXL [gone]
Old 05-30-2006, 09:02 PM   #20
93superHICAS
Zilvia Member

id rather just swap out the subframe, sound simpler
Old 05-31-2006, 07:19 PM   #21
MikeFD3S
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93superHICAS
id rather just swap out the subframe, sound simpler

Hahaha

Sir, I like your style. It's not that bad of a job, but it can be a daunting task for those who have never done it before.
'90 240SX Hatch

'89 240SX Coupe [dead]
'91 Geo Storm [dead]
'86 FC3S GXL [gone]
Old 06-05-2006, 01:35 AM   #22
93superHICAS
Zilvia Member

hahha i guess its gonna be a trouble cause its gonna me my first time
Old 06-05-2006, 02:01 AM   #23
91CRXsiR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 91CRXsiR Send a message via MSN to 91CRXsiR
u should really just sell the car and get another non hicas base model if want do that dori crap.. save the hicas models for those who appreciate them.
91CRXsiR is offline   Reply With Quote