Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
Sideways Insomniacs
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Sideways Insomniacs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Garage Life

In my opinion poor work & service.

I took my s14 to Garage Life after someone drove into the front end of my car. When i dropped off the car i provided them with the majority of parts needed to repair. (radiator, fans, intercooler, starter, overflow tank, headlights, corners, hood).

Things i wanted to be done:
Double bash bar
Core support
Replace Starter
Relocate my fuse box
Relocate P/S reservior
Remove deployed air bag
Replace window motor
Main focus get it running

Things that got done:
Air bag removed
front end tubed( not how i was originally told plus missing core support)
fuse box relocated to top of strut tower(which is melting from being on top of intake manifold)
starter replaced
Battery relocation (left the wire running through of the car not tucked away)
Glove Box removed
Boost Gauge Left on the floorboad
install push start ( does not work)
Wire Fans to a switch (left on floor board as well)
Intercooler piping ( great job on that part)

Customer Service:
Dropped off the car June 6th did not recieve it back til July 31st. Numerous employee's yell & argue with customers, verbally harrassed. In business customers are always right. A lot of miscommunication with their staff. I had three different people all giving me different information & pricing. Each one stated the other doesnt know what they are talking about. I later came to find out one of them does not fully work there he now works at pep boys. Numerous times i was told it will be done at a cartian time, when i show up nothing has been done. Wanted 2k for all the work done to car. Refused warrenty on the work done to the car.

Original invoice(Adjusted invoice from when Will the Project Manager Called me to go over invoice)
[IMG][/IMG]

Invoice( Notice the things missing that i told them not to do. Everything from Frame Pull down is everything they said i MUST do. Also take note they claim the frame pull & installation of new subframe brace was done by the body shop next door. However if you look closely the FRAME PULL states it was OUTSIDE LABOR but the installation of the subframe brace states GENERAL LABOR)
[IMG][/IMG]

All the parts need inside car ready to be towed to GL
[IMG][/IMG]

Engine Bay before accident (P/S reservoir left in the same spot never relocated as invoice states)

Damage from acciddent
[IMG][/IMG]

This is the picture they sent me stating the picture resembles what the finished product will look like. (front end only plus fab up core support for radiator, mounting brackets for lights, & double bash bars)
[IMG][/IMG]

Front they actually did (Did a decent job, but not what i wanted nor was told i was getting. Plus not to great welds)
[IMG][/IMG]

Wires left exposed under fuel lines & resting on oil filter
[IMG][/IMG]

Fuse box reloacted on top of strut tower melting on intake manifold
[IMG][/IMG]

Zip Tied overflow cheap brackets holding up radiator & intercooler (which are all zip tied at the bottom)
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

ECU & Boost gauge left on the floor along with switch for E-Fans & battery reloaction cable running through the car
[IMG][/IMG]

Wired push start does not work. Ignition bypass done horrible (yellow wire)
[IMG][/IMG]

How my car was sitting outside of the shop for weeks
[IMG][/IMG]

Photo from when my car caught on fire
[IMG][/IMG]

I believe the pictures tell all..
I HAVE NO NEED TO LIE!!

Last edited by Sideways Insomniacs; 08-02-2012 at 01:12 AM..
Sideways Insomniacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
willywong86
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
willywong86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
For everyone, OLD THREAD: http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/46857...recommend.html

This is a better review, but i feel a lot is missing? Do you have pictures of the front double bash bar and tube front??

And also you didnt answer me about your friends bash bar that broke. I was wondering if you had a picture? Thought about getting one for myself.

The wiring and everything I care less about since i dont really see that in your work order. I want to compare your tube front with the picture they sent you saying what it would resemble. Thanks.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
Sideways Insomniacs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywong86 View Post
For everyone, OLD THREAD: http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/46857...recommend.html

This is a better review, but i feel a lot is missing? Do you have pictures of the front double bash bar and tube front??

And also you didnt answer me about your friends bash bar that broke. I was wondering if you had a picture? Thought about getting one for myself.

The wiring and everything I care less about since i dont really see that in your work order. I want to compare your tube front with the picture they sent you saying what it would resemble. Thanks.
Yes i will upload a photo of the front bash set up.. No i do not have a photo of the one that fell off.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
I already closed the first thread.

For everybody's information, read this link, especially the second post:

http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/83800...t-reviews.html

I will delete any unnecessary posts from here on.

This is the ONLY warning. Don't get upset if you find your posts deleted or if you end up being pinked.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #5
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Can you post some full engine bay pictures. The pictures you put up are sort of obscure.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #6
Sideways Insomniacs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
Can you post some full engine bay pictures. The pictures you put up are sort of obscure.
I dont have any. I did not have the car for too long before the accident. But you can clearly tell there is no fusebox located in the engine bay & you see the battery still in previous location. Then look at the other picture where and how they mounted the fuse box & the wire(red) running though the car for battery relocation
Old 08-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #7
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I meant full engine bay pictures after they worked on it. We might get a better idea then.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
Sideways Insomniacs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
I meant full engine bay pictures after they worked on it. We might get a better idea then.
Yes I will try and get down to the shop tomorrow where it is at now and take some. But they might have already removed all the wiring already to put in the new harness.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #9
foreverdark
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (13)
foreverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I've had nothing but good experiences with Garage Life. I just took my car there to have the clutch and flywheel changed out this past weekend. DK and the guys knocked it out really quick and were all really friendly. They even installed a new motor mount for me for free. The staff and everyone there was really friendly and you can tell they like working on cars.

In regards to the OP post. I saw his car at the shop this weekend. I was looking at the tube front work on the car and it looked really nice. For the price it shows on the invoice I am impressed that's all they charged. Most Fabricators charge at least $1000 to $1500 for a tube front.

I actually had a chat with Denise about this car while I was waiting for my car to be worked on. She said to me that dealing with the owner of this car has been a nightmare. She said he was very indecisive towards what he had wanted done to the car after they had already started working on what he had originally wanted. She also told me that he only paid partial of what he owes and that he keeps trying to lowball on their prices for labor after a set price and contract was signed.

I called the shop today about some parts I had Denise order for me and she told me that this guy picked up the car and didn't pay the full amount towards the work that has been done to the car since when he last paid. Denise told me that she had a seperate contract made for him to pay the balance in full within 5 months??? What kind of shop lets someone pick up there car without paying in full for service rendered? What kind of shop gives someone 5 months to pay off the balance? Denise told me that they didn't even want to deal with this customer anymore! They were tired of not being payed for work done and this customer making demands and changes towards what he wanted after already giving them a work list to originally to go by. That's why they made a contract to be payed within 5 months.

If it were my shop I would have held the car there until the total invoice was payed. If it wasn't payed within 30 days I would either put a lien sale on his car for what he owes you or take him to small claims court.

In my personal opinion it sounds to me like the original OP is trying to steal labor and time and try to ruin Gargae Lifes reputation for his own mistakes of taking a car to a shop to have work done and being to broke to pay.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #10
Howie Felter Snatch
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Howie Felter Snatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^ I was there this week I heard the EXACT same story.. I completely agree with you, Denise and DK are definitely car people and they are quick to do little free things like that just to make you feel important.

Swing by for yourself one day and you will see for yourself. I've never felt more welcomed at another tuning/speedshop in all of Los Angeles County.
Howie Felter Snatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:03 AM   #11
Sideways Insomniacs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luklee View Post

Please use some punctuation and proofread before you post.

If you do have proof of your car catching on fire while being started, please feel free to upload it for everyone to see. If you just keep saying stuff without any evidence, especially because of your reputation, no one will believe you.
First this is a screen shot of a conversation Denise from GL had with someone that got posted on the last thread. I took a few screen shots figured it might come in handy. Read the reason why she states the fire started.
[IMG][/IMG]

Now i took the time to edit this video, I even slowed it down so you can clearly see the smoke raise & eliminate the excuse of i did not see it. Mind you the welding of tubes has been done already before this happened.

https://plus.google.com/u/1/11138747...ts/7ct3iDaJjEn

now after watching the video what do you believe..

Last edited by Sideways Insomniacs; 08-02-2012 at 04:02 AM..
Old 08-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #12
Sideways Insomniacs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-of-E View Post
Ur video made it hard to see what the heck is going on. Though I'm surprised they didnt put some sort of cover to prevent sparks from hitting the harness.
the point of the video was to simply show that the fire started when trying to start the car not when DK was welding a tube like Denise states. Ill be glad to bring the video up to speed so you can hear it more clearly if it is a must, but i believe the way it is says enough.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
willywong86
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
willywong86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
After watching the video it seems like fire is from something shorting caused most likely from your accident. Not from welding.

But I do see discrepancies here, the last part where there is someone in the driver seat. It shows clearly that there is no 3 foot yellow wire hanging from under the ignition column as in you pictures from first post.

Also I notice the seat rail is installed. According to your work orders, you didnt want them to install it after all to save some money?? Looks like they did it for free for you then.

I do believe there was much miscommunication on both parties, but I see an awful lot of twisting and lying coming from you, especially in the first tread which is now locked.

All in all i believe you should work it out with them. They DID let you take the car without paying in full. IMO a payment plan is a friendly gesture and good customer service. And you inspected the car before you left and had no complaints then. If anything, everyone is starting to believe you just dont want to pay and save some money. Save the trouble and try to work it out with them.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #14
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I am going to be VERY clear on this.. So Pay ATTENTION!

This is a REVIEW FORUM, not a GRIEVANCE Forum! Leave you Bullshit somewhere else!!

If you are not REVIEWING then STOP POSTING! If you fail to Ignore this warning, then you will find yourself Pinked for no less then 60 Days... I HOPE that is clear enough..

If you are Associated WITH Garage Life, or a current Employee, STOP POSTING! That will just help get you banned and get Garage Life Pinked for no less then 60 Days, Paid Vendor or Not..

Don't let me catch this shit again!

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Drift N Dragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #15
Chrischeezer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Chrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
delete post,.... nvm
Old 08-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #16
justingallegos

Trader Rating: (3)
justingallegos is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have had nothing but great experiences with Garage Life, every time I call them they are always very helpful and give me the best price (they have price matched a quote from a different shop.)
The staff is very knowledgable, Brian is always very kind and honest. I haven't dealt with Denise before, but I have met her at a 626Drift event and she also seems like a great person. DK is very approachable, helpful and knows exactly what is needed to be done.

I will list some of the work I have had done to my s13:
1. Timing on sr20. They also inspected the rest of my car, fixed boost leaks and a rear brake problem i was having. I only paid for the timing.
2. Pressed new bearing into two Ichiba Hubs. This only took about 40 minutes and i just waited in the lobby watching cars two.
3. Fabbed a fire wall for my fuel tank. Turn around was about a day and Jesse was updating me through picture text messages.
4. Ordered Walbro 255 and had it installed. I only paid for price of Walbro.

As you can see from the writing above I am a very happy customer, the staff always goes above and beyond to produce the best product. There is no hesitation when it comes to really helping out the customer (doing more then what is asked free of charge.) Garage Life is always the first shop I suggest when it comes to almost every type of automotive work and fabrication. I also plan on having a FD spec cage built into my s13 and Garage Life will be handling it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 577807_304461562967368_1574103692_n.jpeg (75.1 KB, 49 views)
justingallegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #17
Extreme Dimensions
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (9)
Extreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
+1 for garage life.
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote