Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #2161
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionR240sx View Post
240's are played out.
real talk.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #2162
JDM Sil4ty
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
JDM Sil4ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
real talk.
not really, not played out .. has been played !
Old 03-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #2163
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
Quote:
real talk.
seriously.
i was about to build a z32.
then i opened my wallet and looked at my bank account.
then i sold everything that i bought for the z32.
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #2164
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
longfellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This is where I'm at currently

longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:42 PM   #2165
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
How can you possibly equate Navan Aero to an MB battle or a VSKF?
Very easily, and I know I need to relax sometimes, but I get tired of hearing people bitch about what is and is not played out or cool, and what not.

What makes it so easy is that more people have Naven aero than people with s14s have mb battles or weapons or 5zigen fns, or rpf1s, and a lot of the guys that talk all this shit, are the guys that have naven aero. Who says once you have naven aero you suddenly have good taste, and know more than someone with aftermarket aero or stock usdm aero. You don't. Anyway, I am glad this thread is still going strong, and people enjoy this car as much as I do.

almost forgot, 240s are played out? shiet where do you live? I bet if you live east of the sierra nevada mountains and between the Atlantic, you will see more mustangs than you would care to see and would say they are played out, or if you lived in the Californias central valley you would say Hondas are played out, and o.c, shiet all I see are bmws and mercedes. And if they are played out to some, good, get out of the game and get a civic cause now I hear they are cool again, or maybe "grow up" and buy a luxury car ,German car, whatever just sell us your parts.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:46 AM   #2166
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
i like glass better. when you scrape it, its louder.
i want to replace this navan with DMAX type 1 next year.
icedsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:56 AM   #2167
yingiang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
yingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews

yingiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:21 AM   #2168
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedsole View Post
i like glass better. when you scrape it, its louder.
i want to replace this navan with DMAX type 1 next year.
Lemme know when you're planning to get rid of your Navan. I'll take it off your hands.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #2169
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Learning/playing around with HDR shots...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:53 AM   #2170
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
what's hdr stand for?...nice shot btw
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:32 AM   #2171
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
I have a navan bumper still and I think battles are played out. HA!
Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:35 AM   #2172
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiperuvian View Post
what's hdr stand for?...nice shot btw
high dynamic range, u can do this by shooting in RAW and editing or merging multiple exposures to capture the different "intensities" of light.

it's really cool for scenery
Old 03-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #2173
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
Quote:
high dynamic range, u can do this by shooting in RAW and editing or merging multiple exposures to capture the different "intensities" of light.

it's really cool for scenery
Nathan, do tell more about the craziness that happened last night.

as far as HDR, it's pretty awesome if done right, however if its done wrong it can look cartoon like. there is actually a thread on here with some good, some bad, and some ulgys
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/2...-hdr-pics.html

Boycott Berkeley and code pink
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #2174
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
High Dynamic Range photography.

Sick shot Flip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
Very easily...
You are comparing an OEM body part to aftermarket wheels.

Most people rock mass produced stuff so there is going to be plenty of folk with the same digs.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #2175
aled
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
aled is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
It's been a long Midwest winter, but the car is almost finished:

Still have a lot more work to do...
aled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #2176
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericStephenc View Post
lol quit lurking facebook dawg haha

sooo essentially, i was late for a intramural soccer and i was driving through my college campus at like .... midnight. I see this car behind me and i'm constantly trying to figure out if it's a cop..... well it was a cop. lmao. cop states i was doing 45 in a 20.... but in all honesty i was probably doing 30 in a 20. I was scurreddd cuz i had just gotten all the points lifted off my license and didn't want higher insurance.

cop shines the light at me, i tell him where i was going, he gives me the while i'm hunkered down into the zeros and simply gives me a warning!!! YIPPIE!

after winning our soccer game i was driving back home (25 minute drive). My left headlight went out so i could barely see i-95. saw a dead possum or something WAY late and scooped it up with my front bumper. shit was rank.

/story haha
Old 03-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #2177
99maxgtr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
good shit. i do the same thing all the time (checking to see if its a cop...i've become an expert at it now.) oh and if you had HID's you could have saved your bumper !
99maxgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #2178
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Quote:
lol quit lurking facebook dawg haha

sooo essentially, i was late for a intramural soccer and i was driving through my college campus at like .... midnight. I see this car behind me and i'm constantly trying to figure out if it's a cop..... well it was a cop. lmao. cop states i was doing 45 in a 20.... but in all honesty i was probably doing 30 in a 20. I was scurreddd cuz i had just gotten all the points lifted off my license and didn't want higher insurance.

cop shines the light at me, i tell him where i was going, he gives me the while i'm hunkered down into the zeros and simply gives me a warning!!! YIPPIE!

after winning our soccer game i was driving back home (25 minute drive). My left headlight went out so i could barely see i-95. saw a dead possum or something WAY late and scooped it up with my front bumper. shit was rank.

/story haha

lol wow that kinda sucks. how bad is the bumper now?

Old 03-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #2179
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Quote:
lol wow that kinda sucks. how bad is the bumper now?
well it was shitty before and the possum broke some zipties, so no biggie
Old 03-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #2180
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

s15

Quote:
well it was shitty before and the possum broke some zipties, so no biggie
I think it's tome you send a bill to the state for possum removal services lol

Old 03-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #2181
KansaiDrifter
Zilvia Addict

KansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud of
Got a cool rolling shot from this last weekend, had a big Nissan meet up here.

This shot was literally a lucky shot, my buddy pointed the camera out the window and started clicking lol

here's one I took next to my other buddies 98 kouki
KansaiDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #2182
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:

as far as HDR, it's pretty awesome if done right, however if its done wrong it can look cartoon like. there is actually a thread on here with some good, some bad, and some ulgys
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/2...-hdr-pics.html
I suck at it...need to take better shots to begin with. Most of the Raw images I got in my laptop had too much noise in it when i started tweaking them. I need to bring my tripod with me and actually take 3 different shots instead of 1 raw image and modding them to make 3.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:18 PM   #2183
blackoutt
Zilvia Junkie

blackoutt is an unknown quantity at this point
I just checked out that HDR thread, that shits sweet. My friend that wants to vinyl up my car and get shots of it drifting for advertising for his company has tons of nice equipment, maybe he'll make me some good stuff.
blackoutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:11 PM   #2184
stance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
stance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
HEY GUYS, I have a full navan s14 painted super white. Im planning to get some rims and i want the Works CR kais in 18x9.5 +12. I just cant decide what finish i want them in. What do you guys think will look best? Bronze, White, Or polished? If you guys have pictures of white zenkis with cr kais please post them
stance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #2185
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stance View Post
HEY GUYS, I have a full navan s14 painted super white. Im planning to get some rims and i want the Works CR kais in 18x9.5 +12. I just cant decide what finish i want them in. What do you guys think will look best? Bronze, White, Or polished? If you guys have pictures of white zenkis with cr kais please post them
bronze will look good, i'm on the fence with all white. but i've seen zenkis on white TEs and they look dope.

do white.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:51 PM   #2186
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I don't understand the need to state 98 kouki. As oposed to what a 98 zenki? Cant you just say 98 s14? Or his kouki 14? people do this all the time and I don't get it. It is like saying" its black dark outside". Anyway, I hate how some cars can fool you that they are cops like ford focus' from behind at night. And now some of the cop cars are chargers and magnums so anytime one of those is behind me at nite I get a little nervous. Even though I am not braking the law with my driving.

And just because navan aero is considered by some to be oem, does not mean it can not be played out. because it was not a factory option here, in the states. So yeah played out, but they do look good( minus the license plate block shit)
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #2187
Zellner
Leaky Injector

Zellner is an unknown quantity at this point
navan aero is not played out, it classy. its on a factory car with the same chassis. its the only way (minus kouki sides which i see more of) to reach an even level with a factory se lip. i have navan sides on my jdm aero kouki. perfect level with the front bumper and made the car a little wider looking...thats why i got them.
Zellner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:58 AM   #2188
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
It's just one of those personal taste things-"played out" or not. i happen to be on the opposite side as you...i actually wanna get rid of my navan wing and put somethinge else on lol
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:03 AM   #2189
JDMSTYLE
Zilvia Member

JDMSTYLE is an unknown quantity at this point

JDMSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:04 AM   #2190
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Hi, I have a 95 zenki S14. I just bought OEM side skirts and OEM taillights. They are possibly from a 98 kouki S14 or a 97 kouki S14. I know they are not from a JDM 97 Kouki S14 or a JDM 98 kouki S14.

Have you guys ever seen them before? I think I am the first person to do this combination ever.