Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Suspension

Old 11-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
VR-Precision

Trader Rating: (0)
VR-Precision is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Subframe Braces! Finally Here

Hello Zilvia!

After a long wait and much interest we are finally ready to offer the S13 Subframe Braces! We gathered much interest, finished up the prototype pieces and are now ready to produce and distribute. First we would like to apologize for the long wait, with the constant mechanical work, along with the recent partnership; production was put on the back burner. But we are now finally settled in and ready for smooth sailing. We are offering Two versions of the brace, the first is a machined aluminum bar that will tie your subframe and frame together to provide an overall subframe stability and predictability of rear suspension. The second version will be the same machined flat bar, but with a T bar welded in to help further increase the rigidity and durability of the brace. The time is now to toss those stock worn out pieces and finally enjoy a predictable rear end!
Pricing will be at $50 Shipped for the V.1 brace and $65 Shipped for the V.2 brace with T bar.
The first 10 members that place an order and deposit will receive a special discounted pricing of
$45 shipped for the V.1 and $60 Shipped for the V.2
We are looking at a 5 day lead time from when we send our specs to the machine shop till we get them back on our shelves for the first run. After this initial run we will continue a steady inventory of the brace to dispose of the lead time and get these products to you faster.
Pm us for orders!

Powder-coating Available upon request.

-VR Precision
VR-Precision is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
90pearlz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
90pearlz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I'm interested in this definitely. Seems like a cool product. Can you post an installed pic or describe exactly where the brace goes. I'm sure I'm not the only one curious about this. My suspension and rear end are set up nicely, stance coils SPL links and solid mount etc... This sounds like a great addition just wondering exactly where it goes so I can better understand how it works. Thanks, ill be anticipating your response.
90pearlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:22 AM   #3
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
they look like they go between the rear subrame and the frame rails in front of the rear wheels. if you look there are metal brackets there from the factory and they always bend.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
VR-Precision

Landin is correct, these are a direct bolt in replacement of the factory units. We will upload a few pictures with the install ad location of the product so everyone can see exactly where these fit.

S13 Subframe Braces!l
Old 11-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
so this is basically the same shit john griff was selling/making? neat.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #6
VR-Precision

^^^ similar, but we are using different material that is stiffer and we are adding more structural rigidity on the V2 brace.

S13 Subframe Braces!l
Old 11-16-2012, 03:22 AM   #7
Nintensity
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
Nintensity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
WOuld you consider making them for the S14 chassis?
Nintensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
VR-Precision

Currently working on something for the 14 crowd as well

S13 Subframe Braces!l
Old 12-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #9
Howie Felter Snatch
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Howie Felter Snatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Am I the only one who is completely skeptical of the functionality of these little braces? I mean does anyone even have any proof of functionality here versus the stock ones? How will running these prevent my subframe from moving around even with 100% solid aluminum subframe bushings? Where are some field analysis testing or something other than just pretty colors and sparkles? Sorry, I don't mean to knock your product but why do we keep seeing these things re-appear?
Howie Felter Snatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:18 AM   #10
tapdeznutz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
tapdeznutz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie Felter Snatch View Post
Am I the only one who is completely skeptical of the functionality of these little braces? I mean does anyone even have any proof of functionality here versus the stock ones? How will running these prevent my subframe from moving around even with 100% solid aluminum subframe bushings? Where are some field analysis testing or something other than just pretty colors and sparkles? Sorry, I don't mean to knock your product but why do we keep seeing these things re-appear?
i would like to know this as well, just to understand how it works and why we need this brace.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #11
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
yeah...... exactly.

the subframe itself is already rigid... there is no need for any extra support.

the benefits are minimal, at best. so little not having it won't change a thing.

cool little thing to have tho.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:48 AM   #12
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
These things do actually get twisted to shit on S13s so I could see it as being a slight improvement if using anything other than solid bushings. Thing is you can just go to any hardware store and get a thicker than stock piece of metal and make your own for like $5. S14s design is a little different/better so these aren't really needed for those.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote