Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #211
autotechmotoring
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (9)
autotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
We should have these available in about 2 weeks. We decided to make these to make the VVL RWD conversion more budget friendly and it can be more popular. The VVL head is an easy bolt on power upgrade to standard DET heads.

CNC Machined full billet upper plenum for SR20/VVL RWD conversion.

You utilize the stock VVL lower half and the new billet upper plenum bolts to it. You can still use the stock side feed rail and injectors if you are on a budget.

Each manifold will have Q45 throttle body flange, vacuum ports and IACV provision for the VE IACV.

autotechmotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #212
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Price on the plenum??
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #213
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Yeah, I'd like to see a price and some dyno sheets vs other units available.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #214
autotechmotoring

autotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Yeah, I'd like to see a price and some dyno sheets vs other units available.
We currently dont have the time or ability to be able to gather up the other manifolds available to test. But pricing for this is pretty fair and I think better than others just because its full billet aluminum hehe..
Old 08-05-2014, 06:32 PM   #215
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotechmotoring View Post
We currently dont have the time or ability to be able to gather up the other manifolds available to test. But pricing for this is pretty fair and I think better than others just because its full billet aluminum hehe..
if it clears the hood should be a good deal. The excessive hits with the Q45 with the factory upper because of the angle.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:18 PM   #216
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
If the manifold or plenum rather doesn't perform, what's the point of buying it? Just because it's available? Numbers against a stock flipped manifold should at the very least be considered. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea, I just think some numbers, a before and after, should be posted.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:00 PM   #217
240SXK
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i don't post much around here but there's some awesome builds/info on this thread, here's my setup i'm wrapping up. im missing two cam cap bolts for the oil squirters if anyone can help me out with that.

S13 sr20 block 86x86.5mm full cnc machinework/balance
cp VE pistons 9:1
manley h plus rods.
king xp main and rod bearings
sr16 n1 oil pump
cs tig welded oil pan
ati superdamper
taarks v2 oil block
taarks ve timing pin reloc
taarks topfeed injector collars
apexi metal hg .8mm
p11 sr20ve head
3 angle valve job
full supertech valve train
supertech viton valve seals
sr16 n1 cams
p12 20v CAS
mazworx vvl relocation
mazworx headstud kit
mazworx vvl det block oil plug
DOC race single scroll T3 manifold
tial v44 mvr wastegate
ID1000cc topfeed injectors
dougfab custom topfeed rail
yashio factory superwaterpump pulley
nismo thermostat
greddy oil block relocation with thermostat controlled oil cooler
xcessive cast intake manifold
oem throttle body
gt3076r .63 a/r
act 6 puck on exedy flywheel
(still need)
splitfire coilpacks
vvl window switch
bov
z32 trans adapter kit (not priority)
240SXK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:21 AM   #218
autotechmotoring

Quote:
If the manifold or plenum rather doesn't perform, what's the point of buying it? Just because it's available? Numbers against a stock flipped manifold should at the very least be considered. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea, I just think some numbers, a before and after, should be posted.
Has their every been #'s posted on the other manifolds out there? I sure havent been able to find any.

Intake manifold testing for HP #'s is such a fine line, so many variables can affect it whether it be intake air temps, outside temps, heat soak, etc etc.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:00 AM   #219
venom2034
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
venom2034 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Has their every been #'s posted on the other manifolds out there? I sure havent been able to find any.

Intake manifold testing for HP #'s is such a fine line, so many variables can affect it whether it be intake air temps, outside temps, heat soak, etc etc.
I'm sure people want to see the best numbers compared to others, but to me the manifold is the setback for the vvl swap. I'll be happy enough to get one that bolts on and clear the hood at a decent price. The very few I've seen are crazy expensive or involves tig welding the oem manifold to whatever kit is being sold. I'm interested in price when available.
venom2034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #220
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:

Exactly my point. What makes your manifold better than the others? What persuasion do you have to pull someone towards your product over someone else's? A piece of paper saying this is what ours is capable of vs saying it "looks good", will go a lot further.

I'm not expecting you to post a dyno sheet, however it would at least show that it's been tested to perform.

Like I said, I like the concept, but at the end of the day, people that want real power, useable power, are going to want something that has some performance testing behind it. Not just an idea that was thrown on paper and ultimately doesn't perform any better than a stock flipped manifold or a similar manifold on the market.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #221
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Exactly my point. What makes your manifold better than the others? What persuasion do you have to pull someone towards your product over someone else's? A piece of paper saying this is what ours is capable of vs saying it "looks good", will go a lot further.

I'm not expecting you to post a dyno sheet, however it would at least show that it's been tested to perform.

Like I said, I like the concept, but at the end of the day, people that want real power, useable power, are going to want something that has some performance testing behind it. Not just an idea that was thrown on paper and ultimately doesn't perform any better than a stock flipped manifold or a similar manifold on the market.
But dude it's billet! Just image all those jaws dropping when you pop you hood at the meets.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #222
autotechmotoring

Im not out there to claim that this plenum is better than any other ones out there. Its merely an option for

A. A plenum/manifold that doesnt clear and hits the hood. Or
B. Has a ton of other issues.

I can personally tell you that the " other" manifold out there has its fair share of issues and it NEVER had a dyno/flow sheet on it and it sold like crazy merely because of its "NAME"

There are honestly very far and few that want true BIG power when they do this swap. And for those that are making huge power, they have probably dumped enough money into the swap/engine that they can afford to do a completely custom manifold, not something like this an off-the-shelf production piece.

I know for a fact that why the VVL swap has not been more popular is that you would have to easily spend 2K just to get the "swap" components even before you have the cylinder head. Again this is just an option for those budget guys that want to have the cylinder head on their car.

Quote:

Old 08-07-2014, 02:04 PM   #223
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Could you give us an other view with the throttle body on the manifold ! Trying to see how it fits with the hood !?

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #224
autotechmotoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs14kouki View Post
Could you give us an other view with the throttle body on the manifold ! Trying to see how it fits with the hood !?
Here you go:

Old 08-12-2014, 07:51 PM   #225
PerilousActs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
PerilousActs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarvin240 View Post
Just thought I'd add a more updated photo of my engine, since Touge Factory is getting it closer and closer to completion!

Did TF Works do the double plenum intake as well? If so, would you mind PM'ing me a price? I've been thinking of having one made and it looks like they have it under control.
PerilousActs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:10 PM   #226
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Great stuff autotech !!!

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:05 AM   #227
Slenis

Trader Rating: (0)
Slenis is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I´m planning on a vvl build!

But there is not much information about it here in SWEDEN...

The first question is if my VIPEC ECU will be able to control the vvl ?

I´m on a pretty tight budget, so im thinking about using Xcessive plenum kit? but i read that it got issues clearing the hood? and not fitting with a q45throttle body?
Slenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:05 AM   #228
autotechmotoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slenis View Post
I´m planning on a vvl build!

But there is not much information about it here in SWEDEN...

The first question is if my VIPEC ECU will be able to control the vvl ?

I´m on a pretty tight budget, so im thinking about using Xcessive plenum kit? but i read that it got issues clearing the hood? and not fitting with a q45throttle body?
Which model VIPEC do you have? More than likely there will be an output somewhere on the ecu that you can use for the VVL activation.

We have heard and seen the issues with the Xcessive regarding hood clearance issues and its stated by Xcessive themselves.

If you are on a budget here are the options for intake manifold which is the biggest portion of the conversion other than the cylinder head itself.

#1 Cut/modify/rotate the factory intake manifold. This will allow you to run stock TB.

#2 Our plenum kit that bolts to the factory lower and can use the stock injectors and rail. Its standard with Q45 tb, but you can purchase an adapter to go from Q45 TB to stock TB
Old 08-13-2014, 08:32 AM   #229
Slenis

Quote:
Which model VIPEC do you have? More than likely there will be an output somewhere on the ecu that you can use for the VVL activation.

We have heard and seen the issues with the Xcessive regarding hood clearance issues and its stated by Xcessive themselves.

If you are on a budget here are the options for intake manifold which is the biggest portion of the conversion other than the cylinder head itself.

#1 Cut/modify/rotate the factory intake manifold. This will allow you to run stock TB.

#2 Our plenum kit that bolts to the factory lower and can use the stock injectors and rail. Its standard with Q45 tb, but you can purchase an adapter to go from Q45 TB to stock TB

It is a Plug and play model bought new 2013 , supposed to be identical with whe v44 model?
Old 08-13-2014, 08:51 AM   #230
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Is there a p12 manifold in the works? (I have a p12 head and complete intake manifold.)
mewantkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #231
Gumbrick

Trader Rating: (3)
Gumbrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Here’s a good one. What about the guys who have previously built their bottom ends with 9:1 DET pistons and want to ditch the DET head to utilize the P11 head? Also using a 1.1 HG. Will we have any valve/piston interference issues with stock p11 cams? Or must it be 8.5 or VE pistons at 9:1 with valve reliefs?

What does that do for final compression ratio if using DET 9:1 pistons with a VE head?
Gumbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:00 PM   #232
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
You will ve fine with stock p11 cams. The bigger sr16 and sr16 n1 will give you problems.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:08 PM   #233
autotechmotoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slenis View Post
It is a Plug and play model bought new 2013 , supposed to be identical with whe v44 model?
If its the i44, then yes you can control it:

Variable Camshaft control for up to four camshafts. VANOS and other VVT and VVT-i supported.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:12 PM   #234
autotechmotoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbrick View Post
Here’s a good one. What about the guys who have previously built their bottom ends with 9:1 DET pistons and want to ditch the DET head to utilize the P11 head? Also using a 1.1 HG. Will we have any valve/piston interference issues with stock p11 cams? Or must it be 8.5 or VE pistons at 9:1 with valve reliefs?

What does that do for final compression ratio if using DET 9:1 pistons with a VE head?
More than likely no you wont have issues, but its better to check before hand. Just put some "Play-Doh" ontop of your pistons, bolt everything on and hand rotate the motor over. Then take the head back off and you should be able to tell.

The stock VE combustion chamber is about 38cc I believe and the stock DET was around 48cc. You can take the volume of the CC and check for your final comp. As I remember it didnt change it by very much with DET flat tops.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:13 PM   #235
autotechmotoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewantkouki View Post
Is there a p12 manifold in the works? (I have a p12 head and complete intake manifold.)
Sorry not P12 will be made. Not enough people using this head vs P11 there is a ton. Unless the lower half bolt pattern is the same P11 to P12 then it will work.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:50 PM   #236
Gumbrick

Quote:
More than likely no you wont have issues, but its better to check before hand. Just put some "Play-Doh" ontop of your pistons, bolt everything on and hand rotate the motor over. Then take the head back off and you should be able to tell.

The stock VE combustion chamber is about 38cc I believe and the stock DET was around 48cc. You can take the volume of the CC and check for your final comp. As I remember it didnt change it by very much with DET flat tops.
Really! Anyone else running 9:1 DET pistons and using P11 head, stock cams without ANY contact issues? I need this Confirmed! I'm On 9:1, DET CP's, apex 1.1mm...

Yeah, I remember mazworx used the,"Play Dough" when they tested this on the stock DET bottom end years ago. They were close on 8:5! That was one of my deterrents on the upgrade, my block is already built. I had mixed reviews about interference or the compression ratio would be too high. Too many headaches to really ponder the fact of testing it myself. I was curious on the combustion chamber volumes between the two. Rumors were, it would raise .5 using DET pistons on a VE head.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:11 PM   #237
jr_ss
Post Whore!

I have 8.5:1 JE's WITH valve reliefs in my DET pistons. I ran a 1.5mm headgasket just for the added security. Do you have valve reliefs? If you don't, you cannot run a VE head. Stock pistons with a thicker head gasket will allow you to run a VE head, but you are limited to the P11 cams only. Like Auto said, Play Doh your motor, sure it's extra work, but at least you know you won't tap a piston and valve.

Factory DET pistons and a VE head yield close to 9.5:1 comp ratio. With my 8.5:1 DETs and the 1.5mm headgasket, I have compression tested 180-185psi at per cylinder. Standard DET bottom ends are 155psi.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:15 AM   #238
Slenis

Quote:
If its the i44, then yes you can control it:

Variable Camshaft control for up to four camshafts. VANOS and other VVT and VVT-i supported.

It´s a v44 plugin!

also got "Variable Camshaft control for up to four camshafts" http://www.vi-pec.com/ecus/ecu-features

So should work just fin!

Anybody got a dyno sheet compere a sr20det vs a sr20vet with the same turbo?
Old 08-15-2014, 10:06 AM   #239
autotechmotoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbrick View Post
Really! Anyone else running 9:1 DET pistons and using P11 head, stock cams without ANY contact issues? I need this Confirmed! I'm On 9:1, DET CP's, apex 1.1mm...

Yeah, I remember mazworx used the,"Play Dough" when they tested this on the stock DET bottom end years ago. They were close on 8:5! That was one of my deterrents on the upgrade, my block is already built. I had mixed reviews about interference or the compression ratio would be too high. Too many headaches to really ponder the fact of testing it myself. I was curious on the combustion chamber volumes between the two. Rumors were, it would raise .5 using DET pistons on a VE head.
No one is going to confirm this for you as all setups are different. Its better to check for yourself to know for sure. Its not much work if your motor is already out or about to get assembled. I can tell you no you wont have a problem but if it was me, id second guess and check regardless.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:05 PM   #240
Gumbrick

Quote:
I have 8.5:1 JE's WITH valve reliefs in my DET pistons. I ran a 1.5mm headgasket just for the added security. Do you have valve reliefs? If you don't, you cannot run a VE head. Stock pistons with a thicker head gasket will allow you to run a VE head, but you are limited to the P11 cams only. Like Auto said, Play Doh your motor, sure it's extra work, but at least you know you won't tap a piston and valve.

Factory DET pistons and a VE head yield close to 9.5:1 comp ratio. With my 8.5:1 DETs and the 1.5mm headgasket, I have compression tested 180-185psi at per cylinder. Standard DET bottom ends are 155psi.

Quote:
No one is going to confirm this for you as all setups are different. Its better to check for yourself to know for sure. Its not much work if your motor is already out or about to get assembled. I can tell you no you wont have a problem but if it was me, id second guess and check regardless.

^This is what I encountered before. Mixed reviews on if it would work or not.
My motor is assembled, all built including my DET head. At the time of my build, the VE head was still under works, nobody really knew about it, at least the RWD community... looking back, If I knew about the VE head before hand, I wouldn't of dumped all that money in my DET head, Like so many others in my shoes have. I'm sure I speak to many out there who wish they hadn't dropped the coin in the DET head, before VE gained popularity and aftermarket parts base in RWD application... IMO Its the ONLY way to go now... If your going in fresh on a build.

I wouldn't crack my fresh motor open just to see if this works, Trust me, if I was a couple years prior, I would definitely of gone VE. Haha, I remember when Matt Back Vass Solids were the hype...