Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-28-2008, 11:45 PM   #421
Gumdo2000
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Gumdo2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Gumdo2000
With new pads, rotors, and other items, the price climes up fast (providing that the calipers don't need rebuilding). I was using Stoptech as an example and I can get lot cheaper than 2k for the front set up. After all set and done, the price gap may be only couple of hundred dollars. couple hundreds is lot of money but is it worth your time, aggravation, downtime, and frustration of test fitting and making it work? For couple of hundred more I rather get all new hardware and shinny parts that fits right first time.

To change gears, let me ask you how did the brake feel between the Z32 set up, R33 Brebo, and Evo set up?
Gumdo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2008, 04:45 AM   #422
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
Why does the same type of question keep on coming up in this thread?? All the info you need is in this thread. This is great thread. It has all the info you need for Evo/Sti brake setup and plus some extra stuff.

A quick sum up for Best bang for the buck.

Anything else that's better around/under $2k go to 240SX AZcar Brakes or else it over $2.5k and well if your getting that you shouldn't be here.

Cheaper stuff: Z32, Q45, 180sx stuff or just refreshers.

I don't want hear it. Search it... There soo much info on brakes on these forums it isn't funny anymore.

I swear if I have to I'll just make a Brake bible for 240sx.

"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:59 AM   #423
Gumdo2000
Leaky Injector

anyone know how to install EVO rear?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:00 PM   #424
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
it's amazing that you can type but not read.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #425
Gumdo2000
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
neither can you. The subject installing the REAR EVO brakes were never touched. So far everyone has talked about installing STI, Z32, rotors and Z32 parking brake. I am look to see if some has fabricated a braket for the rear using the EVO brake. So far Ali has been no help on this department.

I took my rear brakes off over the weekend and I can't see how you can mount the rear EVO brakes without a braket. The mounting holes were not even close!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #426
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
think you summed up about 98% of the forums
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:43 PM   #427
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumdo2000 View Post
neither can you. The subject installing the REAR EVO brakes were never touched. So far everyone has talked about installing STI, Z32, rotors and Z32 parking brake. I am look to see if some has fabricated a braket for the rear using the EVO brake. So far Ali has been no help on this department.

I took my rear brakes off over the weekend and I can't see how you can mount the rear EVO brakes without a braket. The mounting holes were not even close!
Reason why is it's way too much work to do make a bracket when you can just use STI or Z32 caliper.

Now get off.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #428
Gumdo2000
Leaky Injector

If you can fab up a bracket for the front why would it be any harder for the rear?

STI caliper piston is smaller than the EVO.

Z32 caliper would be a easy bolt on but I think it will too funny with Evo front and Z32 in the back.

I think I'll just fab up the rear. I'll post on how it goes once I start (I have shitty 2 new Tockico shocks leaking right now that I have to deal with first).
Old 12-04-2008, 05:21 PM   #429
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumdo2000 View Post
If you can fab up a bracket for the front why would it be any harder for the rear?

STI caliper piston is smaller than the EVO.

Z32 caliper would be a easy bolt on but I think it will too funny with Evo front and Z32 in the back.

I think I'll just fab up the rear. I'll post on how it goes once I start (I have shitty 2 new Tockico shocks leaking right now that I have to deal with first).
*sigh* Read again plz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Agreed.

I actually had the chance to test both rear setups and I have to say, stick with the z32 rears.

anyone want to buy rear sti calipers especially after I pretty much ruined my chances of selling them here

I have front sti, rear z32 and a 17/16 z32 bmc with very sticky dunlop direzza 02G tires. I drove without the above bmc for a while and all I can say, as it has been said before, it is a must have and I have a eu spec car originally AT which comes stock with a bigger mc and z32 front calipers. Get the BMC, you will never regret it!
I ran them both on a high speed and hard braking course. With the z32 bmc the z32 rear felt better and the car would just shed speed and keep very stable under braking especially trail braking.
Dont get me wrong, the setup with sti rears felt awesome, just the z32 were better for me at least.
Good info??
Old 12-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #430
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
How would that be funny? The z32 has bigger pistons than the sti, so it stops better than running the the sti rears. If you want the looks, either get the rear z32 powder coated in red or paint them red to match the front evo brembos. If all you care for is looks, grab some ebay covers and slap them on the rear.
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:44 PM   #431
Gumdo2000
Leaky Injector

Well let see the front calipers will say BREMBO and rear would say NISSAN, even if you painted both in same color. Caliper cover, now you're talking my language.

I know this will not apply to everyone, I already have a set of Evo and I rather not go through of selling them and getting Z or Sti.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:09 PM   #432
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
yeah it's sooo hard to sell brakes...
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #433
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
SIGH.
1.Go get some z32 rear calipers
2.Have someone grind off the "NISSAN" off the calipers
3.Get them powercoated
4.Go buy some "BREMBO" stickers and slap them on the now blank spot where the "NISSAN" used to be.
5. Install them and go tell everyone you have front and rear Brembo calipers.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:40 PM   #434
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to JRas
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
SIGH.
3.Get them powercoated
4.Go buy some "BREMBO" stickers and slap them on the now blank spot where the "NISSAN" used to be.
truly sad, if anyone would take the time to do this

If I was to paint my calipers, I wouldn't care about losing the 'Brembo' sticker
Old 12-05-2008, 02:32 AM   #435
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

He wanted a solution, so I gave one to him. Subie guys actually do that... lol

Here is an example of someone right now. http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/22800...old-paint.html
Old 12-05-2008, 09:06 AM   #436
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
God thats stupid.

Will probably shave the nissan off my Z32 rears, but just because it will annoy me.

Or I might get lazy and not do a damn thing.

Thats more likely.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #437
Gumdo2000
Leaky Injector

lol, you guys are too funny.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:49 PM   #438
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
SIGH.
3.Get them powercoated
i'm soooo doing this....

Am i joking? Even i dont know at this point.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:20 AM   #439
Ali 556
Zilvia Junkie

Ali 556 is a well-known jackass
Guys,

No way a plate will work on EVO rears...you need to GRIND And REdril new holes for the bolt so you can bolt the EVO caliper into the Stock place....

Don't try to fab a braket it won't work....even Remot locating (oppist side of the kinkel) won't work....

Grind - REdril new holes....

I'm uploading pix as we speak...

Time,

Regards,

Ali

EDIT :

If any one can post a pic of a EVO Rear caliper so i can tell you guys where to grind-dril...
Old 12-10-2008, 06:58 AM   #440
Ali 556
Zilvia Junkie

----

Old 12-10-2008, 08:03 AM   #441
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
great info thanks
Old 12-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #442
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to JRas
I don't think I'm ballsy enough to do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali 556 View Post
If any one can post a pic of a EVO Rear caliper so i can tell you guys where to grind-dril...
Old 12-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #443
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Good info. But what are you going to do for ebrake?

Looks like the STI rear or Z32 rear is still the best way to go.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #444
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
*pics*
That's an Evo caliper on a Evo rotor? Or on a Z32 rear rotor?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:54 PM   #445
racer98
Post Whore!

racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Good info. But what are you going to do for ebrake?

Looks like the STI rear or Z32 rear is still the best way to go.
+1

For mr.far faraway needs to know, um nevermind and
Old 12-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #446
Ali 556
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
That's an Evo caliper on a Evo rotor? Or on a Z32 rear rotor?
EVO IX caliper + EVO IX Rotor + Endless SS lines + Endless M-sport Pads...

Ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer98 View Post
+1

For mr.far faraway needs to know, um nevermind and

Damn kids,

FYI those EVO Caliper and rotor were FREE From a friend (upgraded to Endless BBK And TE37's) ...so i care less if i'm gonnna drill-grind them.....

How's laughing now bitch!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:16 AM   #447
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
EVO IX caliper + EVO IX Rotor + Endless SS lines + Endless M-sport Pads...

Ali

Damn kids,

FYI those EVO Caliper and rotor were FREE From a friend (upgraded to Endless BBK And TE37's) ...so i care less if i'm gonnna drill-grind them.....

err... you might want to check your grammar before you go off and start calling people kids and using that type of language.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #448
racer98
Post Whore!

Quote:

You are just another reason why I do not associate my self with people like you, let alone people as your self continue to set a negative stereotypical example where you are from. Keep up the good work. I would really check your self before you call me an expletive like that. No fly lists are not easy to get off of.

Quote:
err... you might want to check your grammar before you go off and start calling people kids and using that type of language.
+1 , he might be using that engrish translator.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:38 AM   #449
jakerps13
Zilvia Member

jakerps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to jakerps13
Quote:

----

Crazy shat. I did the opposite and cut and redrilled my knuckles using z32 fronts in the rear with acura rl rotors and hydro ebrake.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:34 AM   #450
osus14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
osus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Damn, I guess I will be using my z32 rears... lol