Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #661
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Brad, your rotor looks correct.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #662
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
take a picture showing which way the vanes are facing
Old 03-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #663
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
Would you like pictures of my DBAs or Brembos???
No I don't want to see pics of your cheap rotors that saw some time on a drill press and mill.

As I said, they usually go against one another on the $$$ stuff.

That said, do Z33/STi rotors even have directional vanes? It's somewhat uncommon on Japanese cars.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #664
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
No I don't want to see pics of your cheap rotors that saw some time on a drill press and mill.
Pffft, JDM son, what do you know

But on a serious note, I can attest to this. Usually the external 'slotting' doesn't match internal.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #665
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97nismo View Post
are my rotors on the correct side??

Put the one marked L on the left, and the one marked R on the right.

When in doubt, contact the mfr for clarification.
Black R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #666
TomShanK
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
TomShanK is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
EDIT: If anyone has this question below, Ali answered it: You must drill into your calipers and make new holes, or as I like to call it...not worth the time when I can buy Z32. Now selling EVO Calipers with pads + rotors if anyone wants

I have PM'ed 5 people with no luck.

Does anyone have front and rear conversion brackets for EVO 8/9 Calipers? Also need conversion lines

Furthermore:

I also need z32 rear rotors
z32 BMC
Z32 e-brake assy.

but that's unrelated.

Last edited by TomShanK; 07-25-2012 at 02:37 PM..
TomShanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #667
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomShanK View Post
I have PM'ed 5 people with no luck.

Does anyone have front and rear conversion brackets for EVO 8/9 Calipers? Also need conversion lines

Furthermore:

I also need z32 rear rotors
z32 BMC
Z32 e-brake assy.

but that's unrelated.
WOW you must not know how to read and use Google. Shit has been covered soo many times. Why are you even posting this question in here? If not all your questions most of your questions are answered in the thread alone.

FURTHERMORE your a TOOL for not knowing use SEARCH and GOOGLE.

Here is the bracket for the front: http://zilvia.net/f/group-buys/30040...-brackets.html

Write-UP: with info on which bracket he used.
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/449103...bos-240sx.html

TOOK me 2 seconds on Google to pull that up. Rear EVO brembos won't fit unless you re-drill the caliper. Page 15 is where the info about the rear evo brembos.

And if you didn't know, Z32 rear calipers not only work better since it has more surface area but also allows you to keep your e-brake if you decide to run the Z32 rear drum assembly. Yea you don't get the bling of having a Brembo, but you don't need to redrill or do any un-necessary modifications to have your rear brakes/ebrake work. Those reasons are why no one makes a rear conversion adapter for the evo brembo caliper. Not to mention if you had read through this thread you would know rear sti brembo calipers bolt on if you want that BREMBO bling.

You can use z32 s/s brake conversion lines on the brembos.

Last edited by eek; 07-25-2012 at 03:16 PM..
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #668
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (43)
florante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to florante rea Send a message via Yahoo to florante rea
I got it, as for the rear calipers, no solution but to make new mounting holes onto the calipers. Btw im done doing my newest setup, sti gold with evo x rotors. Also made adjustments to do evo 8-9 front calipers w evox rotors too.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #669
TomShanK
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
WOW you must not know how to read and use Google. Shit has been covered soo many times. Why are you even posting this question in here? This is about the STI Brembo swap.

FURTHERMORE your a TOOL for not knowing use SEARCH and GOOGLE.

Here is the bracket for the front: http://zilvia.net/f/group-buys/30040...-brackets.html

Write-UP: with info on which bracket he used.
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/449103...bos-240sx.html

TOOK me 2 seconds on Google to pull that up. Rear EVO brembos won't fit unless you do some crazy modifications.
Eek:
Read my edit before your post, kill yourself.
Also, this is not just about the STi Brembo swap if you read the thread, so kill yourself again.

When you're done killing yourself, please realize I was asking about how to mock up rear brembos, I already got the info on the fronts, so kill yourself a third time.

florante rea: I saw that ali 555 had to do that, and thus my edit. I think I'm going to do what has been most recommended on page 6 with the brembo caliper up front and the complete z32 rear setup outback, thank you. Will@PerformanceAutoworks says he has brackets to do just this in stock
Old 07-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #670
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomShanK View Post
Eek:
Read my edit before your post, kill yourself.
Also, this is not just about the STi Brembo swap if you read the thread, so kill yourself again.

When you're done killing yourself, please realize I was asking about how to mock up rear brembos, I already got the info on the fronts, so kill yourself a third time.

florante rea: I saw that ali 555 had to do that, and thus my edit. I think I'm going to do what has been most recommended on page 6 with the brembo caliper up front and the complete z32 rear setup outback, thank you. Will@PerformanceAutoworks says he has brackets to do just this in stock

You should kill YOURSELF for not knowing how to READ! Your INFO was in the SAME thread you posted your QUESTION which shows how stupid you really are. Go run into a knife. Do you need a write up on how to do that too?
Old 07-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #671
TomShanK
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
You should kill YOURSELF for not knowing how to READ! Your INFO was in the SAME thread you posted your QUESTION which shows how stupid you really are. Go run into a knife. Do you need a write up on how to do that too?
Yes, could you create a DIY for it?
Old 07-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #672
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
and his last name is shank. To funny.
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #673
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Any know who sells z32 30mm brackets to run z33 brembo rotors? Ive seen a few floating around from privates, but not from any vendor.
WISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #674
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
Any know who sells z32 30mm brackets to run z33 brembo rotors? Ive seen a few floating around from privates, but not from any vendor.
They pop up on ebay all the time.

180sx 200sx 240sx 12.75 Big Brake Upgrade 300zx Calipers Conversion Brackets Kit | eBay
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #675
blessedhellrider
Zilvia Member

blessedhellrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX1138 View Post
More importantly, how do you plan to bleed them? Unless you're gonna put the car on a rotisserie to bleed the brakes, make sure you switch those things side-to-side before you put it on the road.

Good call on the Wilwood spot caliper. I'm almost definitely gonna go that route whenever I get around to upgrading the rear brakes.
very observant.
blessedhellrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #676
KOME
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
KOME is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Running the Tougue Factory bracket with EVO 9 calipers up front. The pads and rotors sit perfectly and wear evenly.

I've never tried any other bracket so i can't say this is better but it sure as hell serves it's purpose. I mean it's a bracket... not much to it lol.
KOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #677
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
Thanks boss! now to sell my wilwoods and find some 300zx alums.
WISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #678
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by florante rea View Post
I got it, as for the rear calipers, no solution but to make new mounting holes onto the calipers. Btw im done doing my newest setup, sti gold with evo x rotors. Also made adjustments to do evo 8-9 front calipers w evox rotors too.
Have you made any brackets for the evo 8-9 calipers w/ evo 10 rotors?
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #679
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (43)
florante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to florante rea Send a message via Yahoo to florante rea
Yes ^^^ i have the evo x bracket setup, my current brake setup i have sti w evo x rotors
Old 09-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #680
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
you need my rear sti calipers to go with your fronts
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #681
nash-singapore

nash-singapore is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by florante rea View Post
Yes ^^^ i have the evo x bracket setup, my current brake setup i have sti w evo x rotors
Where did u get the bracket ? I was thinking of going evo X Calipers and with evo x project mu rotors What brake lines did ya use?
nash-singapore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #682
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
qwerth is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
i plan i running 1 1/16 bmc with evo 9 brembo front calipers with stock s14 rear

are my rear calipers going to have too much/or little fluid running to it

or would a na z31 bmc a better choice?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #683
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerth View Post
i plan i running 1 1/16 bmc with evo 9 brembo front calipers with stock s14 rear

are my rear calipers going to have too much/or little fluid running to it

or would a na z31 bmc a better choice?
I used to have exact same set up for about 3 years. One of my rear caliper failed at last of 3rd year but not sure because of the fluid issue but it was original 14 year old caliper.

However I did countless track time with it with no problem.

One possible issue I might add would be, since your front and rear caliper sizes are significantly different. you will feel much unbalanced braking.. To me, I felt like I didn't have rear brake at all.. (with an exaggeration)

BTW I have a full conversion that I will put it for sale soon. New slotted rotors, New Stoptech pads, new TF Brackets and of course Evo 9 Calipers.
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #684
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
qwerth is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
^thankss! exact answer i was looking for

what kind of brake booster did you have?

and how was your brake feel? i'll be using the one that come with automatic s14's
Old 01-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #685
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerth View Post
^thankss! exact answer i was looking for

what kind of brake booster did you have?

and how was your brake feel? i'll be using the one that come with automatic s14's

I had 17/16" Z32 BMC and S14 LE A/T one before that.

I loved the feeling of brakes compare to Z32 or the stock S14 SE brakes. But of course Z32 would been more than I needed.

The pedal felt not too firm.
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #686
Nintensity
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
Nintensity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Hey guys, sorry for bumping up a super old thread, but I recently acquired a Project Mu Front and Rear calipers for the 350z / z33 application.

For fronts, I understand that the holes would have to be redrilled, but for the rears, is it just fabricating a bracket just to make it fit? Or would I have to completely replace the ebrake drum kit? I currently have a full z32 front and rear swap, so my drums have already been replaced.

Let me know!! i'm curious as to how I can do this.
Nintensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:30 AM   #687
Nintensity
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
Nintensity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
bump!!!!!!!!!
Nintensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:34 AM   #688
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintensity View Post
Hey guys, sorry for bumping up a super old thread, but I recently acquired a Project Mu Front and Rear calipers for the 350z / z33 application.

For fronts, I understand that the holes would have to be redrilled, but for the rears, is it just fabricating a bracket just to make it fit? Or would I have to completely replace the ebrake drum kit? I currently have a full z32 front and rear swap, so my drums have already been replaced.

Let me know!! i'm curious as to how I can do this.
Its been covered, not in this thread, but to break it down for you, YES the FRONT 350z/G35 Calipers (OEM and Brembo) will fit all s-chassis with the slight modification of drilling the caliper ears to accept the larger caliper bolts that are used on the 350z/G35 calipers.

As for the Rears, it has been confirmed they will not fit the mounting points are way off and would require a custom bracket or what not. Most people end up using STI rear brembo calipers to match the front if your going rock brembo's. BUT in your case since you are have Project Mu, you will need to fab up another bracket or sell them off. I would prob. suggest just selling the ENTIRE setup and get a ENDLESS kit or a Project Mu kit for a Z32/R32/r33 since that would be a direct bolt on affair.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #689
tefu

tefu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlanolin View Post
These aren't the best picture but you can see it. The tire spins fine with no issues and the backs have the z32 ebrake setup with the evo rotor

The rear calipers from EVO or STi? I got a set from EVO, just wondering if brackets required for the rear or just spacer?
tefu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #690
joefresh
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
joefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Is it normal the oem nissan caliper bolts are too long to use from the spindle to bracket? Nobody mentions it but mine look to be about .75" too long hitting the caliper when i put them on and cant tighten the bolts.
joefresh is offline   Reply With Quote