Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
sftmb
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
sftmb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Midnight Purple, Type-x S13 Build

Hey everyone!

I've been on zilvia for a while, but I figured I should finally post up a build thread.lol You may have seen me spam the kouki aero thread a few times with this car. lol Overall to get to this point it took about 6 months. so, there was lots of living paycheck to paycheck. haha My plan when first starting this was to just have a really clean, streetable, fun car that is reliable but still puts down decent power. Well, lets take the blue pill, and see how far this rabbit hole goes! onward!

oh, and shoutout to KansaiDrifter for helping me out a bunch with this project. Alot of the bodywork is thanks to him since I'm still at noob at that stuff and it took some trial and error to get it looking decent on my part. haha

Day 1, sitting in my driveway

The KA24DE transplant it's going to receive.. RIP my old s13...*sigh*

the old car is now being used as a prop for others among the S13 graveyard that used to be my buddies shop, Kami Dori. haha

Gitting into the nitty gritty for body work. Spent many nights with lack of sleep covered in body filler.

More find getting all the little door dings and imperfections out

got the new subframe painted, PBM risers, and Yamato Garage sus

Whole rear end assembled!

all the type-x goodies minus the lip

getting the wheel fitment to be spot on!

masking everything and adding the finishing touches for paint

Shiny and purple!

wired up the Raybrig Purple/Blue housnigs, Shining Wizard 5k bulbs, LED position lights,and turn signals

How she sits now

Usage?
Right now this car is my Daily Driver, and also the weekend track warrior. I haven't quite put it up to drifting yet, but I mostly do auto-x and lapping days with it.

New Shtuff
As for mods, right now it's just a stock dual-cam with intake and exhaust, but I plan on building a SR20VET the beginning of 2012. I just finished completely rebuilding the Tranny, and adding a B&M Short Shifter with HKS Shift Return Springs. So far, the thing feels like butter! it's a completely different car to drive. I love it!

Things to come
As for mods to come,All I really have left really is a 1piece driveshaft and a 1.5way OS Giken Diff to top things off. once those are done, then I'm going to start working on building my SR^_^ overall my HP goal should be around 300-400. enough to have fun at the track, but still keep the car streetable.

Last edited by sftmb; 01-19-2013 at 10:41 AM..
sftmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links