Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-10-2008, 10:01 AM   #1
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
S13 Doorlock: 2-wire connector?

Just curious, anyone know what this 2-wire connector goes to and what its for? My S13 didnt come with power doorlocks.. any ideas?
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2008, 10:07 AM   #2
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

Just curious, anyone know what this 2-wire connector goes to and what its for? My S13 didnt come with power doorlocks.. any ideas?
I'm guessing it's to unlock the other door. On power lock 240's when you unlock the driver door it unlocks both doors. That would be my guess.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #3
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Basically what Exitspeed said.

And the 89-90 one has a different plug than the 91-94 ones. I pulled one out of an 89-90 car and it had a different plug than my 91-94 one.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #4
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Incorrect. The harnesses are D11 and D110. They are the door latch switch used on the auto seatbelt ECU.

You all better get your acts together before Russ comes in here.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #5
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
And the 89-90 one has a different plug than the 91-94 ones. I pulled one out of an 89-90 car and it had a different plug than my 91-94 one.
I have no idea what plug you're talking about.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #6
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
Incorrect. The harnesses are D11 and D110. They are the door latch switch used on the auto seatbelt ECU.

You all better get your acts together before Russ comes in here.
That's why I said, "I'm guessing".

Hey, I tried. Guess I should just stick to off topic.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #7
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
I have no idea what plug you're talking about.
In the picture, there's only 1 harness on the unit.

The harness has 1 plug on it.

That's the plug I'm talking about.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #8
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
In the picture, there's only 1 harness on the unit.

The harness has 1 plug on it.

That's the plug I'm talking about.
Since you say the plugs are different, can you post a pix of a 89-90 D11/110 harness and a 91-94 D11/D110 harness?
Old 11-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #9
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Alright dammit, I'm here.

To answer the question, yes, it is a seatbelt trigger switch as mentioned since the power belts don't trigger if the door is ajar. All S13s have it, even the base models with no options.

The door lock motor, found lower in the door below the latch, comes in three different versions. There's one with the large 2pin plug on the housing, there's one with an additional 2pin pigtail like above coming off the housing, and then there's a 3pin pigtail version. I *think* the 3pin is only found on convertibles. Someone with an S13 FSM needs to detail those differences so I can sell the ones I have.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #10
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
leave it to russ... my brother in arms.

i had a feeling it wasnt doorlock related, because:
1) i dont have power doorlocks
2) i dont have auto seatbelts anymore (removed)
3) when connecting power to the harness, my power supply notified me that the circuit is shorted.

i recall the power doorlock actuator actually being mounted below the locking unit. its a separate motor.

bingo!

thanks russ
Old 11-10-2008, 07:03 PM   #11
deesz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
deesz is making a name for him/her selfdeesz is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how come mine works off of my door trigger, if i push it my seat belt moves in if i release it, it moves back out???????
deesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #12
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesz View Post
how come mine works off of my door trigger, if i push it my seat belt moves in if i release it, it moves back out???????
not sure, but i just tested it with the power supply and when the door is closed the circuit is open. when the door is ajar, the circuit is closed.

like russ said, im pretty sure it has to do with the auto seatbelts.

as for the doorpin, i believe it is solely responsible for the dome light.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:46 PM   #13
deesz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
deesz is making a name for him/her selfdeesz is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thats wierd im going to have to do some testing with my car tomorrow........
deesz is offline   Reply With Quote