Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-06-2008, 10:54 PM   #1
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SoguRacing
power fc boost kit install question

ok guys. i just purchased an apexi boost controller setup for my l-jet setup. I was in the process of installing the solenoid and the solenoid harness and i realized that i had nowhere to plug in the solenoid harness. the pressure sensor plugs in fine to the power fc but where do i plug in the actuator harness? there male connector with a horizontal and a vertical plug inside. where/what do i do with this?
Old 11-07-2008, 06:04 AM   #2
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
im in the same boat
The instruction are very vauge they tell you HOW to wire it in but not really WHERE to wire it too.

I've been thinking, it would make sense to wire it to the stock W/G harness seeing that we still use the the stock engine harness.

But ive been unable to confim it so far.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:24 PM   #3
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
soo, where is the stock wastegate harness and what does it look like?
Old 11-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Crap I have a race harness and was going to buy the boost kit. The stock WG wires are gone in my harness.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #5
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

so what does the stock wastegate harness connector look like? pics?
Old 11-07-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
It plugs in over by the PS rez. I believe it's on the harness with the Ignitor and O2 sensor.

I'm just not looking forward to running new harness wires...
Old 11-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #7
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Ok. so i just got off the phone with APEXI and the harness clip for the solenoid is supposed to plug into the engine harness for the stock wastegate solenoid. Sometimes that part of the harness is not transfered when people swap the engines so you need to take the new solenoid wires and solder them go the ecu.
As follows:
pink wire from new solenoid harness solders to pin 111 on ecu which is color orange/black.
brown/black wire from new harness solders to ecu ground wire.

Last edited by SoguRacing; 11-07-2008 at 01:22 PM..
SoguRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #8
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoguRacing View Post
Ok. so i just got off the phone with APEXI and the harness clip for the solenoid is supposed to plug into the engine harness for the stock wastegate solenoid. Sometimes that part of the harness is not transfered when people swap the engines so you need to take the new solenoid wires and solder them go the ecu.
As follows:
pink wire from new solenoid harness solders to pin 111 on ecu which is color orange/black.
brown/black wire from new harness solders to ecu ground wire.
I thought So

But thanks for the confirmation, I'd give ya rep if I could

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoguRacing View Post
so what does the stock wastegate harness connector look like? pics?
Its a Two pin box style connector
Like S14DB said It next to the Ignitor

Heres some Crappy Pics of it

one wire is Orange with a black stipe, and the other one is Orange with a silver band
**Instructions say it DOES NOT matter which way you wire it**
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 11-07-2008 at 07:59 PM..
Old 11-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #9
Mirage
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Mirage is making a name for him/her selfMirage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mirage
S14's plug doesn't look like that, its a 2 pin connector also, but one horizontal, one vertical, i'll try and take a pic tomorrow. It should be right by the coilpack plug as stated before
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:51 PM   #10
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
If anyone needs that boost solenoid, I have one. It will comes with the male and female part of the connector along with the pigtail on the harness side. Email me at [email protected] or PM for pics and price.

In addition its from a s13 harness. Its orange/black and brown on the harness side. And then black and white on the solenoid side.
garagelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:22 AM   #11
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
S14's plug doesn't look like that, its a 2 pin connector also, but one horizontal, one vertical, i'll try and take a pic tomorrow. It should be right by the coilpack plug as stated before
Oh right My pics are from my S13
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 11-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #12
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

I dont have the plug that looks like that. also, it doesn't appear that one prong horizontal and the other is vertical.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #13
S14DB
AFC #1

For me those connectors were deleted when I had the ignitor moved next to the ECU. Guess it's time to break out the pinout diagram and wire one up.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:09 PM   #14
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

ok guys I did some more researching and found this ecu pin layout for the SR #62 ecu. you take pin 111 ( color orange with black stripe ) which is the 3rd wire on the bottom left of the ecu and section with 16 wire pins, and solder the apexi solenoid (red) wire to it and the solenoid brown wire to the ground wire on the ecu. said and done.