Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #31
Impact Black
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Impact Black is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacco sideways View Post
^^dont you get it fool ? its your own opinion i think everyone is here to see some sileightys not get overloaded with people bashing on them. we understand all of you think there ugly we have heard it enough so STFU already damn !

Agreed. Everyone has different taste, and this is what we're into. I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy people bashing on something that you like working on, wear, etc.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #32
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
sil80 is a matter of taste

in/out of style is opinionated as some people feel strongly that the sil80 should not exist.

fuck em.

i'd rather see a sil80 than another s13.5
Old 11-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #33
KA240failure

KA240failure is an unknown quantity at this point
sil80's are cool i think they look better on coupes
but i have a hatch and want to do it
but i just think people need to upgrade there power
before they upgrade there styling ive seen to many sil80's
with stock KA's and an exhaust no cool

and this is just my opinion hate them or love them
its your car do what you like not what others like
Old 11-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #34
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
just like the OEM kouki aero fastback thing going on right now.
So true.

And agreed that the sil80 thing was mostly a trend with everyone following a few good looking cars (Benson) in those days.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #35
Rittmeister
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Rittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really nice
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I've never much cared for a Silvia front on a hatch. Personal opinion. I don't think the lines of the car flow much from front to rear with the squared-off Silvia front and the sloping hatchback rear.

Popups on a hatch look best, IMO.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #36
NMs14.5kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (38)
NMs14.5kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-via View Post
sil80 is a matter of taste

in/out of style is opinionated as some people feel strongly that the sil80 should not exist.

fuck em.

have to agree with this, i like sil80's better than s13.5. that blue one looks pretty cool tho.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:20 PM   #37
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-via View Post

I totally agree...
Old 11-21-2009, 03:38 PM   #38
Witness
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Witness is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Its like that one girl back in the day at school.....remember the one, which would look fucking bangin hot one day, and the next day you were like wtf she butt ass ugly.

That's how i feel about it i had a silvia front on my hatch, one day i liked it, the next day i hated it. I got tired and sold the front end.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #39
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i don't have a sil80, but there are some that look good. most do not, but there are a few exceptions.

i think it looks better on a stock s13 silvia bumper because it resembles a pignose bumper w/o popups instead of something bigger and boxier . (body kit bumpers or aero bumpers don't match too well with them when looking at the side).

but agreed with other people, most sil80s are ugly because they are mismatched or shitty old paint. many 240sx look like shit w/o old oxidized paint (mine included). new paint does wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #40
z2roll4life7
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
z2roll4life7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Its W/e Too me But all i can say is

POP-UPS 4 LIFE!!!
Old 11-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #41
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
I would rather go to a meet and see 100000 sil-eightys than see 1 damn ugly coupe.

Reason why coupes are harder to find than hatchs? that's cause nobody wanted a ugly piece from the dealership and they all bought hatchs Instead. thus making It difficult to find coupes cause nobody bought them.

In japan they even brought back the hatch In type-x form after the years the s13's were still in production. Sil-eighty is a matter of opinion just like how I gave my opinion on how ugly coupes are.

I could go on for days about the ugly ass coupes and cars I see at the 240 meets. But I don't.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #42
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute

popups on coupes are ugly

Quote:
Old 11-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #43
Ceepo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Ceepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I like this one its clean , but i still like popups more...

Old 11-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #44
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
I'll never get why people are so against the sil-80. Those of you who claim that it doesn't look right have your heads squarely buried in your rectums. It flows absolutely perfectly. Now that doesn't mean that you have to like it, you can go ahead and like the pop-up front better that's your choice. Fact is that the sil front is also shorter, 40lbs or more lighter, and has better cooling airflow then the pop-up front. Besides nothing looks shittier then stock USDM bumpers/aero. Most people seem to dislike the sil-80 simply because it is so played out. Well I've got some news for you, kouki aero is the new sil-80. Wanna talk about played out and uber fanboy jocked???
Old 11-21-2009, 04:30 PM   #45
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So keeping you car stock is "played out and uber fanboy jocked?"
Old 11-21-2009, 04:31 PM   #46
tangch
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
tangch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ugly or not, this topic have been discussed over and over. It is a personal preference. One day I think my sileighty(sil-forty for those who want to say it is a silvia front 240sx) and another day I will think flip up looks better. Sileighty, onevia, 180sx, S13.4, s13.5, if you do it right, they will look good. Otherwise, shitty looking car. And I don't believe there is such thing as played out, if you think sileighty is played out, I think S13 is played out too. Sell your S13 right now and get whatever new car in the dealership, and you will never get into such thing as played out.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:36 PM   #47
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacco sideways View Post
^^dont you get it fool ? its your own opinion i think everyone is here to see some sileightys not get overloaded with people bashing on them. we understand all of you think there ugly we have heard it enough so STFU already damn !
Yes, and this is a forum so he can express his opinion. So why don't you stop telling people to "STFU" like a 12 year old girl when people don't agree with your opinion?

Have a nice day.

Oh... and sil80's are ugly.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:45 PM   #48
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
they can look good, but MY PERSONAL OPINION is they only look good with the brick headlights. Not a fan of the projectors.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #49
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
You're mistaken.

They were NEVER in style.

An original Kid's Heart Sileighty might be cool, but even that is pushing it.

Exactly what I was gonna say.... Sil80's were never in style.....
Old 11-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #50
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
sil80s are the worst thing ever thought of.....

uglier than the shit that comes out of my ass
Old 11-21-2009, 04:48 PM   #51
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
pretty much every sil 80 posted here looks like shit. sorry
Old 11-21-2009, 04:50 PM   #52
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
sil80's are retarded. for all you people that don't know "why people hate sil80's" it's because the sil front totally fucks up the body lines. most of the car is triangular and smooth, but the sil front is square and sharp. just leave the god damn pop-up's alone and leave the s15 front on the s15.

/sorted
Old 11-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #53
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceepo View Post
I like this one its clean , but i still like popups more...
That thing is dope.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #54
Impact Black
Zilvia Junkie

People can go back and forward on this. The thread was simply made to see and discuss the LIKE of Sileighty. If we needed another hate on Sil180 thread go and search and bring some threads from the dead back.

Thats a pretty sick looking Sileighty. Not a uge fan of the Rocket Bunny NASCAR look, but that one seems to pull it off just right.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:02 PM   #55
donabeast

donabeast is an unknown quantity at this point
Definatly not done but i just got enough of it together so i could start driving it again so here you go
Old 11-21-2009, 05:11 PM   #56
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
Old hatch w/ Bricks

Got tired of Silvia front - and pop-ups are more Aggressive IMO
To that:

FANBOY I Guess

Now I have a Diff:

****My Fav Sileighty!*****:

Old 11-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #57
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangch View Post
And I don't believe there is such thing as played out, if you think sileighty is played out, I think S13 is played out too. Sell your S13 right now and get whatever new car in the dealership, and you will never get into such thing as played out.
new cars at dealerships can be "played out" too. haha. look at all the 350z, lancer evolutions, impreza sti,s g35s, etc out there too.

you want something not "played out" get something old and not as hyped up. or get something expensive and sold in more limited quantity.

Quote:
Old 11-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #58
Impact Black
Zilvia Junkie

Donabeast,
Nice little collection you have (or have had)
Very clean cars
Old 11-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #59
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
i like popups better on hatches but that white sileighty ^^is alright.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #60
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
So keeping you car stock is "played out and uber fanboy jocked?"
No, USDM stock looks like shit on an s-13. Kouki 180sx aero is played out and jocked by every fanboy on earth. I was never a huge fan of it in the first place anyways so no skin off my ass.
Closed Thread