Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:40 AM   #421
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob22 View Post
somebody have a link?
talking about piracy is verboten on Zilvia bruh
Old 11-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #422
rob22
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (50)
rob22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
talking about piracy is verboten on Zilvia bruh

i wasnt talking about downloading a copy from somewhere, im talking about the newest edition of p90x if there is one.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #423
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob22 View Post
i wasnt talking about downloading a copy from somewhere, im talking about the newest edition of p90x if there is one.
gotcha. p90x2 is coming out soon apparently, but they don't go back and redo their older videos. there's also p90x+

Workout Videos & Home Fitness Programs - Beachbody.com
Old 11-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #424
drewford

drewford is an unknown quantity at this point
I started P90X(lean) around the same time this thread was created. July 2009, I was 255lbs at 5'10". Completed 4 weeks and got to 240lbs. Started it up again in January 2010 and did another 1.5 cycles.

By August 2010 I was at about 210lbs. Since then I've lost another 50lbs through a combination of treadmill/jogging, dieting, and including my favorite p90x moves in my routine w/o actually watching the videos.

I tell everyone who's interested in P90X that they're not too out of shape to start. Go at your own pace and try it for 1 MONTH. 1 MONTH at your own pace and you will notice a difference in weight, cardio, and balance. And with progress, you'll instinctively change up your diet.
drewford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:44 AM   #425
rob22
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (50)
rob22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
gotcha. p90x2 is coming out soon apparently, but they don't go back and redo their older videos. there's also p90x+

Workout Videos & Home Fitness Programs - Beachbody.com
thanks for the link!

looks like ill start off with the original p90x
Old 11-21-2011, 09:08 AM   #426
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I know these two posts are two years old. But they pissed me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
If you honestly don't see yourself eating clean and working out everyday(except rest days) from now until the day you die (say 80 years). Why even bother? Seriously? Not trying to be funny but what is the point. Either make the life style change, and life style is no light word. It's everything, it's how you live your life everyday. Do you help others, are you a hard worker, are you an asshole, cheater, all life style choices. It's what defines you as a person.
!
So being healthy for x amount days/months/years instead of the rest of your life is a waste of time? So a smoker who quits for 6 months is better off just not quitting because they can't quit indefinitely?
That statement is absolute shit... Attempting to life healthier, and failing to maintain it, is far better than doing absolutely nothing at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
Im back in school/no job so i wont have the funds to be eating properly, but Ill try to keep off all the crap foods I cant afford. I weight 165ish right now which i think is a good weight for me, jus need to tone up..
Another statement that is absolute shit...
I used to eat fast food 2x a day because I thought I couldn't afford to eat better... That's at least $20 a day. Even eating it once a day is still $10-$12.

Anyone can afford to eat better. They're just far to lazy to do the shopping.
I'm a full time student now with ZERO income. Not even living allowances from my student loan. (I did have some money saved up. And bought my books used. Spent $400 opposed to $2500)
Yet I can still manage to spend $10-$15 on food for myself everyday.

I've seen way to many people in this thread just giving excuse after excuse...

Anyway.
After reading through the entire thread. I feel that p90x (or just p90?) is for me.
I'm 6' 1''. almost 190lbs. Not fat. But I have a bit of a belly and some spare rubber around the waist.
I'm looking to increase my cardio and flexibility the most. As well as burn some fat. Not looking to gain any mass yet. But ultimately I'd like to stay around 185... Big dreaming I'm sure.
But the biggest thing I'm looking for is the diet change. Even if I only loose a few pounds. I'd still like to just eat healthier.

My real problem is I don't know what my body needs. I don't know what's good and what's bad. (well aside from the obvious, fruits/veggies = good. McDonalds/Wendys = bad)

A friend of mine is giving me his p90x because he's a lazy fuck. I don't mind doing the whole yoga thing to start with if I have to. Unless it's a bad idea.

Looking for recommendations on the diet part more than anything.
Keep in mind I'm a broke ass full time student with extremely little income right now.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #427
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Allen Burge View Post
It's 12 weeks long and when you're done you can either do it again or do something different. By the end of 12 weeks I was ripped and ready for a break so I didn't start it again. Since then I've done Insanity which is another 12 week program and very good and challenging.

But no it's not a training program where you learn it then do it by yourself, you could but there's too many moves to ever memorize it all.

OK, thanks for the info
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #428
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
Yes, I know these two posts are two years old. But they pissed me off.

So being healthy for x amount days/months/years instead of the rest of your life is a waste of time? So a smoker who quits for 6 months is better off just not quitting because they can't quit indefinitely?
That statement is absolute shit... Attempting to life healthier, and failing to maintain it, is far better than doing absolutely nothing at all.

Another statement that is absolute shit...
I used to eat fast food 2x a day because I thought I couldn't afford to eat better... That's at least $20 a day. Even eating it once a day is still $10-$12.

Anyone can afford to eat better. They're just far to lazy to do the shopping.
I'm a full time student now with ZERO income. Not even living allowances from my student loan. (I did have some money saved up. And bought my books used. Spent $400 opposed to $2500)
Yet I can still manage to spend $10-$15 on food for myself everyday.

I've seen way to many people in this thread just giving excuse after excuse...

Anyway.
After reading through the entire thread. I feel that p90x (or just p90?) is for me.
I'm 6' 1''. almost 190lbs. Not fat. But I have a bit of a belly and some spare rubber around the waist.
I'm looking to increase my cardio and flexibility the most. As well as burn some fat. Not looking to gain any mass yet. But ultimately I'd like to stay around 185... Big dreaming I'm sure.
But the biggest thing I'm looking for is the diet change. Even if I only loose a few pounds. I'd still like to just eat healthier.

My real problem is I don't know what my body needs. I don't know what's good and what's bad. (well aside from the obvious, fruits/veggies = good. McDonalds/Wendys = bad)

A friend of mine is giving me his p90x because he's a lazy fuck. I don't mind doing the whole yoga thing to start with if I have to. Unless it's a bad idea.

Keep in mind I'm a broke ass full time student with extremely little income right now.

I don't think you'll have a problem staying in around 185 - 190 ... if you've got some fat to burn, the exercises will replace that weight with lean muscle...

I'm 6'0 220 lbs and do Wing Chun Kung Fu 4-5 times a week, no weight training, and i cannot get below 210 - 215, when i'm that weight, i've got no more fat to give lol.

But even if you dip to 175, it's not really an issue to pack on another 5-10 lbs of muscle if you keep with it
Old 11-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #429
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't complain if I dipped down to 175.

Just as long as I'm in well enough shape to pass my officer prep tests in July/august. Lol
Old 11-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #430
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I wouldn't complain if I dipped down to 175.

Just as long as I'm in well enough shape to pass my officer prep tests in July/august. Lol
I'm pretty sure, from what i've seen and heard, with these workouts -- the last thing you should be worried about is whether you'll be in good enough shape lol...

More like, will you still be able to walk
Old 11-22-2011, 06:10 AM   #431
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Fred Allen Burge is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

After getting into fitness and playing around with a few different approaches it's all boils down to this for me and this is what I recommend to friends and family who ask:

- Eat mostly protein at each meal, avoid starchy carbs always.

- Eat very small meals but more of them every day, 4-6 is great, getting your first one in early helps.

- Eat largely the same exact meals day in and day out, this really helps in meal planning, shopping, food prep and thus actually sticking to the diet.

- Drink a lot of water all day, no pop or beer if possible.

What some typical meals looked like for me while on P90X:

-Half of a chicken breast
-small serving of rice
-black beans

or

Whole can of tuna in a bowl with some sweet relish (no mayo!)
One piece of bread

or

One whole sweet potato with skin
Cottage cheese

or

Small bowl of quaker oats with
frozen blue berries
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1 table spoon of chopped or whole walnuts
(this was breakfast for months)

or

Two whole eggs cooked omlet style
a little salt/pepper
some fat free yogurt spread on top
(breakfast)

As you can see it's heavy on the protein, light on starchy carbs (bread, white potatos) and light on fruit. This plan will work for you if you stick with it and make it a priority. Good luck!

Thanks,
Fred
Old 11-25-2011, 07:51 AM   #432
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Thanks FAB.

I picked up P90x 2 nights ago.

However, just learned this morning I have to log 200 hours of gym time for school to pass my course. I have 41 weeks left of school....
fml

Looks like I'm going to have to start in the gym first before starting p90x