Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #91
sr'ed90coupe

Trader Rating: (0)
sr'ed90coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
picked it up a couple years ago (yes started when i was 22 lol) and loved it. did a deployment in gtmo bay and they just put in a really really decent park. i spent literally everyday for four months skating. went from barely able to stand to dropping in, some grinds, 180's. nothing big but def progressed. i stopped when i got back (i had cars again) but have been meaning to pick it up. in the summer i plan on skating again. i don't have an actual pic (i'm at work) but here are mine

once i burned through the shitty wheels it came with i've been running bhc wheels. damn, i'm def going to start again LOL. this thread motivated me.
these are sick skates got them in white and black i love them
sr'ed90coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #92
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Matej when I drive cross country this summer we may hafta go roll.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #93
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Anyone down to go skate in the los Angeles area? Even tho I do need new pants Haha.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #94
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
maybe ill strap on my fruit boots once again
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #95
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
D.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to D.Adams Send a message via MSN to D.Adams
I skate 2 - 3 times a week now and have been for the last 5 months or so. But before then i didn't skate for over 5 years. I love it and the only thing i dont like now is im fat and hard to swing myself around like i use to.

I am a reff for the local roller derby team and they all give me shit for wearing my K2 Fatty's and not quads.

what i ride now K2 Fatty Pro's

what im going to

What i have on order for reffing and going to start roller hockey again.

Mission Axiom T.8's

The build
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...u-city-az.html

Owner of NVS Fabrications
D.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #96
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
Wow, let me demonstrate how old I am. I don't remember the exact name, but I started off with these California Pros or blades? or something? The wheels weren't even rubber, but a hard plastic. So, when I t-stopped, it would turn my wheels into uneven razor blades.

My second pair, was the lightnings. 3rd pair, I stepped up to the lightning TRS's, which I really, really enjoyed. Back then, we didn't have all of these fancy brands, making aggressive skates. My friend actually made his own grind plates!! They didn't work too well though, because they were metal, and way too thin. Even though, our equipment was no where as advanced as what guys have now, we were tearing it up! 10-15 stair 360's? Hell yeah!!

A couple of years down the line, I decided that I wanted to get back into skating. Bought a pair of Chocolates, but was unable to find anyone in Hawaii to skate with. So, I never rode them, and ended up selling them. Rollerblading, brings back some of the best memories, that I will ever have in my life.

Sometimes I think about getting back, but my body is nowhere in the shape that it used to be, and the scene is so small here. So, if you guys got buddies to skate with, take advantage of it!!
We probably started skating at the same time. I had a set of Lightnings for years until they were basically falling apart(started to split from grinding with no grind plates). Then I got Roces Majestics when they first came out. No idea what year that was, but it was a while ago('94-95 maybe?).

The Majestics lasted me until I decided to give it up. I got back into BMW/Freestyling after a few years which is what I grew up doing in the mid-late 80's.

Then I got a car and never really picked up the biking or skating after that.

My knees/back are pretty jacked up from doing big 12-15 stair jumps, falling off big rails, and the occasional vert wipe out. I never broke anything skating, but did break my thumb while cruising around biking not even doing anything crazy. I never really got into skateboarding because most of the kids that boarded around me were pussies and never did anything more than ollie/kickflip over a coke can or other lame crap like that.

Brings back some memories. Glad I did it back then, but the new skates that are out look pretty crazy to the junk we were using back 15-20 years ago. I do wish I had someone to tell me not to jump big stairs, as I'm sure my knees would thank me.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:54 PM   #97
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
see the thing is, i used to have a friend to ride with, but now i dont. so i may be hard to face reality alone...
haha
specially since im pretty good at skateboarding aswell..
also, 800th post
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #98
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
This is nice.

My frame setup came in today.

Last edited by Matej; 01-29-2011 at 12:51 PM..
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #99
widebodyseven
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
widebodyseven is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Just ordered this.

Last time i was into the hobby was like 7 years ago.
widebodyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #100
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo_S13 View Post
Daaaaaaamn this brings back memories I used to blade from 4th-8th grade I used to own 3 pairs of senates hahaha I remember when we used to go to school I wore those soap shoes too hahaha good times.
I also did soaps when I was real young at school when I couldn't be skating, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellaslows13 View Post
MIKE MURDA... i didnt know we had fruit booters on zilvia.. haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LIFrO_r9mk
Mike just dropped his sponsorships, no longer a pro skater. He said he has a full time job now that he would rather focus on and no longer needs skating. He also felt that it was too hectic being a pro at times. He apparently just ordered Valo's too. It is going to be really wierd to see Mike is anything other than Razors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Even though I never skate anymore, this thread inspired me to waste money.

Just ordered this frame/wheel/bearing combo deal.

And these.

Originally I was just going to buy the frames because I wanted them in black, and possibly refresh my skates with some new parts, but I got carried away. Somehow I always end up with black/red things.
The original (prehistoric pre-UFS) Classic Thrones were my favorite skates I ever had. I wonder how I will like these new updated ones.
Now I am excited to go out and goof around again.
Setup looks real nice. Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13bdafocker View Post
I skate 2 - 3 times a week now and have been for the last 5 months or so. But before then i didn't skate for over 5 years. I love it and the only thing i dont like now is im fat and hard to swing myself around like i use to.

I am a reff for the local roller derby team and they all give me shit for wearing my K2 Fatty's and not quads.

what i ride now K2 Fatty Pro's

what im going to

What i have on order for reffing and going to start roller hockey again.

Mission Axiom T.8's

I almost got the Varsity, because it came flat 4. I was just too sold on the Razors though, couldn't sway me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post

My knees/back are pretty jacked up from doing big 12-15 stair jumps, falling off big rails, and the occasional vert wipe out. I never broke anything skating, but did break my thumb while cruising around biking not even doing anything crazy. I never really got into skateboarding because most of the kids that boarded around me were pussies and never did anything more than ollie/kickflip over a coke can or other lame crap like that.

Brings back some memories. Glad I did it back then, but the new skates that are out look pretty crazy to the junk we were using back 15-20 years ago. I do wish I had someone to tell me not to jump big stairs, as I'm sure my knees would thank me.
Skates have so much cushion and heel pads now, you hardly feel a thing on big drops. I know how some of my old skates, they didn't have much, and you could definitely feel it.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:09 PM   #101
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
speaking of cool edits and all:

There are 4 parts, this is Pt. 2
Old 03-01-2011, 01:01 AM   #102
uraznfriend
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
uraznfriend is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Any of your guys follow these competitions i.e. WinterClash or Bitter Cold?
Old 03-01-2011, 07:46 AM   #103
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post

Mike just dropped his sponsorships, no longer a pro skater. He said he has a full time job now that he would rather focus on and no longer needs skating. He also felt that it was too hectic being a pro at times. He apparently just ordered Valo's too. It is going to be really wierd to see Mike is anything other than Razors.

Good for him! Glad to see that he still would like to roll as a hobby. I use to jock his steeze for ever! HAHA down to the sweatpants!

Oh and I went to a bitter cold showdown but that was FOREVER ago.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:26 AM   #104
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by uraznfriend View Post
Any of your guys follow these competitions i.e. WinterClash or Bitter Cold?
Yes, I do follow them.

BCSD is a huge event, but many people say this years was... dissapointing to say the least. Especially in the pro event.

And last years BCSD, Soichiro got COMPLETELY screwed in his placing. He only got 5th place, and that was wrong. He was amazing.

I also think Aragon should have won first again since 2007, when he last won it. Unlike most skaters he actually goes above and beyond EVERY single run. He has been top 4 for 3 years strait. He should have won it again, in my opinion. He hammers, hammers, hammers.

So, heres another question.

What wheel company do you guys think is the best?

I have Eulogy, which most people seem to think is tops, but denial looks good, I have friends who rock 4x4, obviously Senate has been around next to forever, and the new M1 lineup is hella intriguing, I have heard good things about Scribe and Steet Artist, Undercover wheels seem to be getting good reviews. So, who has expertise with one brand over the other here? Just thought this would be nice for conversation...

So, thoughts from experience?

Edit: Random edit for your viewing pleasure...
Old 03-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #105
uraznfriend
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
uraznfriend is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I just recently changed my M12s to GC featherlites freestyles and put 4x4 haffeys on them and i like them but their a little hard and doesnt grip extremely well but they dont wear very fast so im not complaining that much about them

Anybody in the inland empire want to skate with me i getting tired of skating UCR by myself?
Old 04-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #106
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Aybody checked out Charg!ng yet?

Looks nothing short of amazing!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #107
Rabbi010
Zilvia Member

Rabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the rough
Haven't skated for 5 years. I could never hit the handicaps so i said fuck it. Still have my Remz0601s and Chris Haffeys LE ( The super rare all white ones.) If anybody in NY wants to skate, I'm willing to try it out again
Rabbi010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #108
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Charging is pretty neat.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #109
chuki roller
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
chuki roller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I thought I was the only uncool rollerblader here on zilvia! hahha great to see that some old schoolers still skate and evolved into S chassis owners. Roces, Rollerblade, Video Grove, Senate, Eulogy, Jon Julio, Arlo Eisenberg and everything in between has been mentioned but are you guys forgetting....

Saw this back in 95 and was hooked. Still skate from time to time but Im too old and scared to get hurt now to go big
Old 04-23-2011, 10:54 AM   #110
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Hey, cool charity I found out about today...

Donate and Skate

Basically, if you have any old skates/parts/stickers/anything skate related - you can donate it to them and they will help less fortunate people aquire some aggressive skates.

Thought it was cool, figured I would throw it up here.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:18 PM   #111
valve timing
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
valve timing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yeah those videos are sick you guys need to check out vine street with richie eisler rian arnold and cj wellsmore shit is just getting rediculous. on i lighter note i still blade im 28 from dayton ohio area
valve timing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #112
kevinphan
Zilvia Member

kevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud of
The Charging premiere after BitterCold this year was insane. It was 500 bladders in a movie theatre watching Farmer do impossible tricks and getting juiced.

Julien Cudot deserved to win. He did some ridiculous tricks and went big. I don't even like spin to win but that guy went hard while everyone else skated things here and there he would lay down hammer after hammer in lines.
kevinphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #113
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
i didnt realize they were plenty of bladers here. reading some stuff here makes me want to ride on them again.

but scared to break bones haha
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #114
angeldunk707
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
angeldunk707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Still have these today.

My first skates ever were some Roces recreational skates. When I outgrew them my parents bought me the original Roces Majestics, and I was hooked. From then on I went through various brands, but I always seemed to come back to USD Thrones, especially the Classic ones though.
I still got my USD Rachard Johnson's (first colorway: grey, red, white, black) i miss skating.
*PowerPlenty* RWD SR20DET/Impreza GC8 Build:http://imgur.com/a/7KDa1#0
angeldunk707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #115
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinphan View Post
The Charging premiere after BitterCold this year was insane. It was 500 bladders in a movie theatre watching Farmer do impossible tricks and getting juiced.

Julien Cudot deserved to win. He did some ridiculous tricks and went big. I don't even like spin to win but that guy went hard while everyone else skated things here and there he would lay down hammer after hammer in lines.
Cudot may have totally droppped hammers aplenty, but so did Aragon.

My pick isn't that Cudot didn't deserve it either, he very well may have, it just seems to me that BCSD is always super hesitant to give the award to the same skater 2 times. It has happened, it just seems rare to me.

That being said, I don't think alot of the controversy was in the top few spots, it was after that. Between 3-10, I know many people were not satisfied.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #116
whats_a_sr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
whats_a_sr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
haha i rollerblade too hit me up if anyone is down i skate in corona and fontana.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #117
whats_a_sr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
whats_a_sr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Christmas Edit by 50 Greatest - Be-Mag

me at 1:05-1:12 haha i couldnt concentrate with 3 skylines and the white s15......a friends shop ae-performance....
Old 04-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #118
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Dude I'm still trying to find a copy of vine St.
Charging was sick. Kinda funny watching farmer smash skates in silly costumes.
Ugh I haven't skated in almost 5 weeks. Working 7am-7pm 6 days a week has me depleted. Thank god this job is over next week then it's summer vacation. Hopefully soon enough that I can go to panhandle pow wow!

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:00 PM   #119
deathrace2000
Zilvia Member

deathrace2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have some skates for sale if anyone is interested. Cheap!

Painted Valo EB.1s, size 10, Vicious Liners, Razors frames/wheels.

They are a little nasty looking but still very skateable.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:06 PM   #120
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
God this stuff is so bad.

As guys that have been booting for a long time, so you feel that its like the skating "light"?
like diet skateboarding?

It doesnt look like rollerblading has evolved for YEARS.
Like I think most people knew it wouldnt, cause there is only so many tricks you can do, and your knees will only let you go so big.
So did booting max out in the late 90's right before it disapeared?

Has anyone done the next logical step and mixed freestyle walking and rollerblading?
cause blading alone is, well, gay.
The tricks look stupid.
But when someone can ride smoothly down the street, it looks pretty cool.
So if you had some parkour moves over benches, mixed in with figure skating flow moves through peoiple like "mohawks" and such, it would prolly look really fucking cool and fun.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote