Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 02:39 AM   #1
amerjap

Trader Rating: (0)
amerjap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Price for 1989 240SX Coupe Manual

Thinking of selling my baby. She's a 1989 Nissan 240SX 5-speed coupe with about 165,000 miles.

I still drive her. She runs great, is all original (not modified) but would look better with scratches and dings removed and new paint. Body is straight and no rust. Power steering, windows, mirrors. Seats need recovering. Crack on dash. I could go on, but I don't want to turn this into the sales pitch. I'm in southern California and would like an idea of what I might expect to get for her.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2014, 03:40 AM   #2
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I would give you $2500 for it
Old 06-12-2014, 07:00 AM   #3
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumslapper View Post
I would give you $2500 for it
That seems high to me, but I know prices are pretty inflated on that side of the country.

Bone stock factory 5 speeds in decent condition are hard to come by, so.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #4
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
That seems high to me, but I know prices are pretty inflated on that side of the country.
I would have agreed with you & would never have paid over $1500 for a SOHC a few years ago. But it seems like prices everywhere are on the rise thanks to the high volume of cars morons are destroying every year. Sounds like a bargain for Socal prices.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #5
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
3000$ For so cal even for a SOHC.
every one likes an un modified 240 down here

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
Old 06-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #6
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Assuming its a clean shell, $2500 is reasonable. -$1000 if Frame Rust or considerable boddy damage, -$500 if shitty interior, +$300 for Manual.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #7
amerjap

Wow. Thanks for all the feedback. $3,000 would be great!

I just took her for a spin to get some video of her. She drives great and is clean, but I've been keyed and the leather is dried out. Other than that and the crack in the dash (in the usual place), I think the interior is pretty good.

I know she needs new front struts and the coolant reservoir replaced (not the radiator which is a few years old), and I'm sure some other upkeep, but overall, I think she's in really good shape. I've had her for more than 10 years and -- on Zilvia.net I'm ashamed to say -- I mostly drive like an old lady. Except on the canyon roads. Can't help but see how fast I can make those curves.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:49 AM   #8
WristWork
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
WristWork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
$2,000 sounds about right
Old 06-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #9
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
lude4life13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
In socal right now $3000 is not unreasonable, even $3500 is obtainable. Believe it or not but real car guys who have real careers and make real money could give two shits about a couple thousand dollars and would be more than happy to pay a high dollar to have a clean car to start with. Sure the 95% of people on here who are working through college don't have access to those funds (i know i didn't), but all that means is you might have to wait a few extra weeks.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #10
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If it were in FL I wouldn't pay over 2 for any s13 unless it was in seriously mint condition. It looks good though and I hear california prices are a bit inflated; so I'd have to agree with the others on between 2 and 3
Old 06-12-2014, 06:20 PM   #11
TwelveAM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
TwelveAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Make your money, post it for $3500 because honestly, it's a pain in the ass hunting down an unmolested s chassis in socal. Who cares about the scratches on the paint or messed up interior, as long as it's the original paint, it shows the originality on the car. I think this is somewhat the closest of mint you can get nowadays. So, as long as you're in no rush to sell. Appreciate the value of these cars, because untouched s chassis are becoming extinct slowly, let alone that it's a coupe.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #12
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Lompang is an unknown quantity at this point
West coast 240s are so inflated not just Cali, but also Oregon/WA so hard to find an unmolested one for a good price. People selling their missiles and beaters for 4k when its basically stock with damage to panels and matte paint job. You could easily sell that for 3.5 since it is basically stock and in good condition and judging by how other beat up 240s sell for you can probably even push 4k.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:05 PM   #13
amerjap

$4,000?! That would be amazing. Not sure I'll aim that high, but I wouldn't refuse such an offer.

I'm not in a big rush to sell, but the sooner I find her another home, the sooner I have one less thing to worry about.

She is unmolested. I'm only the second owner and neither I nor the previous (a friend) were 240SX hobbyists. It was just a car we liked and enjoyed driving. In fact, I took her to kick up a little dirt today on back road in anticipation of no longer having her soon. Had to wash her all over again this afternoon.

If anyone is interested, here's my Photobucket full of pictures:
http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/am...Nissan%20240SX
Old 06-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #14
O$mo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
O$mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
is the HUD in working order?
Old 06-12-2014, 07:51 PM   #15
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveAM View Post
Make your money, post it for $3500 because honestly, it's a pain in the ass hunting down an unmolested s chassis in socal. Who cares about the scratches on the paint or messed up interior, as long as it's the original paint, it shows the originality on the car. I think this is somewhat the closest of mint you can get nowadays. So, as long as you're in no rush to sell. Appreciate the value of these cars, because untouched s chassis are becoming extinct slowly, let alone that it's a coupe.
Lol ya sell it un molested so someone can come and half ass a swap and drift it into a wall and ruin another 240. Keep it por favor! Apparently you know how to take care of one OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
Old 06-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #16
amerjap

silviasandbeer
Keep it por favor! Apparently you know how to take care of one
I'd love to keep her if I had a space. It's just too hard working on her with a public street as your garage. That, and the severe lack of trunk space for when I need to be practical.
O$mo
is the HUD in working order?
Sort of. It lights up for the first minute to three of a drive. Then, it quickly fades away. I think it's the capacitor, which, if I were a bit more handy and had the space, I would fix.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #17
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Shit, I remember when something like this was worth $900.

I'd say it should sell around $2500ish.

http://milktea-man.com
Old 06-12-2014, 09:32 PM   #18
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
If it were in FL I wouldn't pay over 2 for any s13 unless it was in seriously mint condition. It looks good though and I hear california prices are a bit inflated; so I'd have to agree with the others on between 2 and 3
I would. You obviously haven't seen the garbage people are trying to sell on FL Craigslist & similar.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #19
O$mo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
O$mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerjap View Post
Sort of. It lights up for the first minute to three of a drive. Then, it quickly fades away. I think it's the capacitor, which, if I were a bit more handy and had the space, I would fix.
get a quote to fix it that could help with the price
Old 06-12-2014, 10:20 PM   #20
genericforumname
Zilvia Member

Location: Florida, where we prove that shit does in fact run down hill
genericforumname is making a name for him/her selfgenericforumname is making a name for him/her self
I would happily give you $2500 for that. honestly I hate that whenever good examples like this come up they never seem to be near me at all.

for reference there was some jagov trying to sell a stock single cam hatch, with broken Speedo, technically making it illegal anyway, along with worn interior, multiple cracked dash, plus resprayed that terrible scion grey color which struck me as odd and maybe trying to cover up some other unknown problems

price for this gem?
$5200

that was seriously the price posted on craigslist and honestly some sad sap probably bought it and thought he got a deal.

so yeah if you were in Florida, or at least somewhere driveable like Georgia or Alabama maybe I would have already sent you PM's about buying it at $2500.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #21
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
What makes people think that it's just cali or just the west coast that clean 240's go for good money? Pull your heads out of your asses, this isn't 2001 anymore. Most of you are just cheap/broke asses looking for a super deal. I know because I'm a cheap ass who refuses to pay market value for almost anything. ANYWHERE in the country that car would be an EASY sell for $2500. ANYWHERE in the country that car could go for up to $3500 realistically. ANYWHERE in the country you could theoretically try to shoot for $4000, but it would be a hard sell. These cars are worth good money for a good reason, they're almost IMPOSSIBLE to find in good condition. I would say ask $3500 for it and go from there. If you get no responses or nothing but lowballs drop the price to $3000. I wouldn't be willing to take much less than that though.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:16 AM   #22
amerjap

I feeling like I'm at a Tony Robbins seminar. I'm getting so pumped up, I'm going to ask for $6000!

Just kidding. I am glad my care for the car is appreciated. Or maybe it's my laziness in not modding it all kinds of crazy ways. To be honest, it is my car. Got me where I needed to be... most of the time. Fuel pump here, O2 sensor there.

In any case, I hope I can find someone to carry it on and treat her well. And I hope I can get $3000 from that right person.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:37 AM   #23
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
I wouldn't take a coupe if it was free.
But being serious $2500 is a reasonable price.
$3000 if you provide smog and no major issues - check light, electrical gremlins, etc.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:49 AM   #24
Aspire818
Zilvia Member

Aspire818 is an unknown quantity at this point
I honestly think ur car is value between 3-4gs
I sold my s13 hatch for 2950 n the exterior lookd like shit
And it needed suspension work.
If ur patient enough u will get around 3500$
Espicially here in cali
Old 06-13-2014, 02:30 PM   #25
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
if you are in no hurry to sell. Aim high. I always aim high so they will talk down to what you really want. Plus if your in no hurry, then you have no problem sitting on it. The people who are in a rush to sell are the ones that will let shit go for a steal. I wouldn't drive it to much more though because you're just putting miles on it. The low miles will be a selling point for this car. Shoot for the moon bud. Get your money while its hot.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #26
Nategreat923
Zilvia Member

Nategreat923 is making a name for him/her selfNategreat923 is making a name for him/her self
Being a coupe in near OEM condition, I could see you eventually getting $5,000 in WA. Thats what a few unmolested hatches sold for
Old 06-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #27
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
fuck, this is sweet!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #28
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Lol @ $5k for a stock s13. That's outrageous. No thanks. I'd go for a mr2 turbo, nb miata, is300 or e36 at that point. Hell, that's more than half way to a 350z... But there really is a sucker born everyday, I guess.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:32 PM   #29
amerjap

$5,000?! I've gone from being casual to now being nervous about something happening to it.

Again, I can wait, but I don't know that I can ask for that. It just seems crazy.

But, thanks for all the input and advice. I'm inspired. It will be going online for sale very soon. Probably Sunday.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:55 PM   #30
Nategreat923
Zilvia Member

Nategreat923 is making a name for him/her selfNategreat923 is making a name for him/her self
Document basically everything you can about the car, that'll help the sale. I can actually talk to a gentleman that restores 240's to see if I can't help you find a buyer for top dollar. PM me and I would be more than happy to help
Closed Thread