Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-25-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
SamsonS4
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
SamsonS4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^Ooo wee... Thats the kind of testimonials I'm looking for. Thanks.

So let me ask: VET head with VE cams/exhaust rockers on stock DET block bolted up with an S15 GT2860r @ 14psi... 350whp sound realistic? Waste of time? What other factors should I consider?
I'm no expect but why not go a larger turbo then s15 if you are going to do the VE swap? VE gives great response so even if you go larger it's not as laggy as a det head?
SamsonS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #2
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsonS4 View Post
I'm no expect but why not go a larger turbo then s15 if you are going to do the VE swap? VE gives great response so even if you go larger it's not as laggy as a det head?

Personally, I have not driven in an S-Chassis with more than 300whp. I'm a little hesitant to step up to the 450hp level because I worry about driveability & lack of traction on the street at that point. I think 350hp is more than enough to have fun with and get me into trouble. I'll probably just stick with a turbo upgrade on the DET head. VET seems like the SR big leagues and I'm just a small fry. I try to be realistic about my limits.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:15 AM   #3
autotechmotoring
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (9)
autotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Realistically you can but with virtually any turbo setup you use with the VE head will out gain anything you try and do with a DET head. The VE head stock outflows any ported/worked DET head. The increase in intake port size, combustion chamber design and factory head characteristics will help the turbo work alot more efficiently and lower/mid rpm range.

The only downfall in the stock VE head is the exhaust guides and valves and the head was not made for extreme heat from a turbo setup. The VET 20V head is a good option but you are not going to find a cylinder head setup by itself rarely and the full longblocks are still going in the 2K range vs you can by a complete VE P11 longblock for around 800
autotechmotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:00 AM   #4
SamsonS4
BANNED

SamsonS4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotechmotoring View Post
Realistically you can but with virtually any turbo setup you use with the VE head will out gain anything you try and do with a DET head. The VE head stock outflows any ported/worked DET head. The increase in intake port size, combustion chamber design and factory head characteristics will help the turbo work alot more efficiently and lower/mid rpm range.

The only downfall in the stock VE head is the exhaust guides and valves and the head was not made for extreme heat from a turbo setup. The VET 20V head is a good option but you are not going to find a cylinder head setup by itself rarely and the full longblocks are still going in the 2K range vs you can by a complete VE P11 longblock for around 800
I'm not good with turbo sizing but how would a vet set up act with a gtr-s set up? I had one on my old set up w/ s14 SR20DET and netted 350HP
SamsonS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:34 AM   #5
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

CaBS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I'm not good with turbo sizing but how would a vet set up act with a gtr-s set up? I had one on my old set up w/ s14 SR20DET and netted 350HP
A GTR-S will be way to small for a VET head conversion, they're not even that great on a normal DET head.

SXDevelopments on Facebook
CaBS is offline   Reply With Quote