Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-08-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Again with the teflon tape on a fitting that doesn't need it. Hope that stuff doesn't end up in your CHRA, or you'll smoke your new turbo...
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Nice writeup! You should have went the extra mile and upgraded the elbow though. The 2871r needs it! You'll see what I mean when you replace the elbow. Again, nice write up

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:58 AM   #3
rps13sr20det
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
rps13sr20det is making a name for him/her selfrps13sr20det is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Great write up! i just finished the same setup except I used the Megan Turbo elbow! HOLY F*CK is the oil return a pain! i tried to use the T25 oil return. Even with bending and heating, it still wouldn't line up the same. I tried to fab a new line and it turned out worse! Good DIY! I would love to see a section on the Tech about all DIY installs
Old 05-08-2008, 02:01 AM   #4
PhAtXSuMo
Zilvia Addict

PhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PhAtXSuMo
+1 for a awesome guy!!! i wish i can do stuff like that right now =( running stock KA =(

but this is something i can look at in the near future in like 2 years or so lmao

good job !! keep up the good work thanks for willing to help me out with my car problems as well!
SuMo Review
http://phatxsumo.mybrute.com Pupil Me
PhAtXSuMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:02 AM   #5
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SoguRacing
i think they have one in the Fabrication section. thanks. the diy isn't that in dept but just having everything laid out makes it that much easier. i'm switching elbows soon. haha. thanks for the rep
Old 05-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #6
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
The part I'm confused about is how it took you 10 hours.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #7
xplicit240
Zilvia Addict

xplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to xplicit240
have you gotten a down pipe already?
Old 05-08-2008, 12:12 PM   #8
NSR250
Leaky Injector

NSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to all
nice write up. I did a similar 2871 upgrade
NSR250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:43 PM   #9
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i have a Greddy outlet that ill sell you once i get it off my car.. its in brand new shape
((sr)) kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #10
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
nice write up man

but i never understood what the recirculation of the bov was all about...

+1 guy
Old 05-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #11
tt99ol
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
tt99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tt99ol
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge s14 View Post
nice write up man

but i never understood what the recirculation of the bov was all about...

+1 guy
so it wont stall
that looks to be a synchronic bov
they are fully open at idle
the car would not run if it were not recirculated
Old 05-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #12
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
the recirc has to do with the maf sensor and the bov releasing metered air after boosting. if it were to vent to atmosphere the car would run rich for a split second and bogg down or even stall. recirc keeps this from happening by allowing that metered air to enter back into the system keeping it closed loop instead of open to atmosphere.

by the way, i took off the oil line and cleansed it of the teflon tape. still haven't started car yet so everything is in check. also on the way is a megan elbow that will be installed shortly along with my test pipe.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:17 PM   #13
driftage240
Post Whore!

driftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to driftage240
recirc hose

Go to any autozone and ask them for this hose S4572 it works wonderful when recirculating....
here's a pic of the hose

and how its suppose to look like after install

just thought id help....good job on the diy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoguRacing View Post
the recirc has to do with the maf sensor and the bov releasing metered air after boosting. if it were to vent to atmosphere the car would run rich for a split second and bogg down or even stall. recirc keeps this from happening by allowing that metered air to enter back into the system keeping it closed loop instead of open to atmosphere.

by the way, i took off the oil line and cleansed it of the teflon tape. still haven't started car yet so everything is in check. also on the way is a megan elbow that will be installed shortly along with my test pipe.

Misty blu is coming 4 you!
driftage240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:15 AM   #14
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Thanks man! looks much cleaner than recirculator haha.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:30 AM   #15
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
Looks good, how are you tuning it?
aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:16 AM   #16
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

i have a power fc which i will be getting tuned as soon as i drop in my new injectors and z32 maf.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:43 AM   #17
aznrib
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
aznrib is making a name for him/her selfaznrib is making a name for him/her selfaznrib is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
can you post up a video or a sound clip for the synapse bov?
aznrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #18
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoguRacing View Post
i have a power fc which i will be getting tuned as soon as i drop in my new injectors and z32 maf.

very nice.. should be fun!

aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:02 AM   #19
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

there videos on youtube where people have used the synapse bov. check it out. plus, my car isn't running yet.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:30 AM   #20
rps13sr20det
Leaky Injector

rps13sr20det is making a name for him/her selfrps13sr20det is making a name for him/her self
I really wish I would have read this thread a week ago. Finally I had my turbo bolted up to find out later that the T25 oil return won't work...even with heating and bending. I need to get one ASAP in Canada
Old 05-12-2008, 03:49 PM   #21
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

you can buy the oil line separate and install it from under the car, its awkward but i did it with my t28 to get the teflon tape off. i just hope you dont have arthritis and just use a small mirror to look at the fitting. good luck. i think they're around 60 bucks.

by the way i added some stuff to the initial page
SoguRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #22
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

haha i hope. My car has been sitting in the driveway collecting dust for the past month. still need, oil change, and undented oil pan if anybody has one that is local. i have a s14 waterneck or a pulley set for the redtop if you want to trade. hit me up

Thanks aNskY
Old 05-13-2008, 01:40 AM   #23
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
+1 for Daniel. This rocks.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:42 AM   #24
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

thanks man, there's more to come. Have fun in asia!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:51 AM   #25
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
nice work and good job on posting a lot of pictures. As for the teflon tape issue, its really not that big of a deal, your turbo will be fine. If you put the tape on correctly then it wouldn't be on the inside of the turbo and its sure as hell not going to work its way in there. But like everyone said its true you didn't need it.

Props on the turbo upgrade, I've still got my finger over the "buy now" button for mine. Somebody slap my hand!

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:51 AM   #26
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

haha Just do it. Yea, i like to post pictures, helps me out and others too. I'll soon be getting my car tuned and i'll post the dyno. JUST CLICK IT!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #27
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Ok guys!! i got everything installed today and started up and there is some smoking around the turbo/manifold area. can't locate where it is coming from but as soon as i saw it i shut off the car. do i need to somehow prime the turbo lines (oil and coolant)? any ideas? has this happened to any of you?
Old 05-13-2008, 05:59 PM   #28
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
the smoking is from your greasy little hands touching every thing.

the heat is just burning it off it'll go away after awhile

well if ya wanted to prime it first ya should have pulled the CAS and turned it over for a little bit
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #29
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
maybe a leak in one of the oil lines?
Old 05-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #30
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge s14 View Post
maybe a leak in one of the oil lines?
there is only one line and its clean as a whistle. A clean whistle that is.

I suppose it could be from my dirty hands but the turbo was pretty clean when i installed it.

So this is normal for most peeps?