Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #211
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I never said anything about them being fast, I just mentioned that the state trooper Maruaders are supercharged in my state. If you do a 2 second google search, you will find plenty of evidence to back what ive said.

The fact you are spouting off random bullshit that has absolutly nothing to do with the topic at hand, nor do you have any evidence other than your word (which was already proven wrong once) that proves me wrong is laughable.

I guess id I told you we also had chargers, a mustang (local PD), a f series dually, and a few other oddities, I would be full of shit too aye?
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #212
ClintFiske

Trader Rating: (1)
ClintFiske is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
In my area (close to San Antonio, Texas) we have an entire fleet of chargers, a bunch of normal crown vics, Dually (i believe a sheriff has the dually) a bunch of State Troopers in Tahoe's, and troopers in crown vics as well.

The town where I live's population is definitely on the rise because San Antonio is expanding along the highway toward my town. I have yet to be pulled over in my 240, and I do have a pretty loud exhaust. I've had my 1996 240sx se for about 5 months now. Luckily the police here aren't very bad, just obey the traffic laws, and they won't mess with you usually. I have even revved driving past the police here and they haven't even blinked an eye, and yes they definitely heard it. I guess they're just used to all the huge lifted diesels here.
ClintFiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #213
saleen281

Trader Rating: (0)
saleen281 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I never ever get pulled over ha but i try to drive normal
saleen281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #214
mikeownsthisroom

mikeownsthisroom is an unknown quantity at this point
Once. Since I got the car in may.

I got pulled over in my 95 on labor day going back to sonic because they forgot to give me my coney lol. I was doing 60 in a 45 he was in the middle lane stopped facing me by the time I realized he was there it was too late.

First thing i did was lie which was stupid! Hes like you know how fast you were going? I'm like 50? hes like nope you were going 60 on "my" street. Then hes like, that's a pretty rare car you got there you got that japanese motor in there? I was like nope all stock i think the engine is from mexico. He made a face haha. Then he asked why I was in a hurry I told him they forgot my coney and my food is getting cold at home!

He let me go with a warning. Then after I was leaving sonic he had stopped some truck lol.
mikeownsthisroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #215
Havok1427
Leaky Injector

Havok1427 is an unknown quantity at this point
i put a kit on my 240 and cops actually give me thumb up lol and i live in socal. im running a sr but with a sidemount. if you wanna go sr stay sidemount trust me!!
Havok1427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #216
RiskyRick
Zilvia Member

RiskyRick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
I never said anything about them being fast, I just mentioned that the state trooper Maruaders are supercharged in my state. If you do a 2 second google search, you will find plenty of evidence to back what ive said.

The fact you are spouting off random bullshit that has absolutly nothing to do with the topic at hand, nor do you have any evidence other than your word (which was already proven wrong once) that proves me wrong is laughable.

I guess id I told you we also had chargers, a mustang (local PD), a f series dually, and a few other oddities, I would be full of shit too aye?
They aren't supercharged. Go drive your honda.

We've got chargers, mustangs, trucks, etc. as well. Go drive your honda.

Maruaders still aren't supercharged, nor have they ever been. Go drive your honda.
RiskyRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #217
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
LOL ok, I'll let you keep your e-pride... I've tried helping you remove your head from your ass, but clearly that isn't going to happen.. have a good day sir.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #218
BlewByYou
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
BlewByYou is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Houston has baller Rides. Viper, Gt500, New camaro's Fuuuuu i know where my tax dollars goin :/
BlewByYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #219
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
When your car is clean, solid one color, matching wheels, no super loud exhaust, front license plate (I like front plates, i dont think they look bad) you won't get much trouble. If you have stupid blast pipes, decals all over your windows, mismatch wheels , crap hanging from your tow hooks etc, than you will get attention. Race still plays a big issue too.
Agreed except for the race part. I'm always under the radar no matter what.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #220
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
do doughnuts around a cop...they'll give you a high five
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #221
hamizle
Leaky Injector

hamizle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14kkouki View Post
Got pulled over yesterday for ride height and hids. In some states like Texas headlight beams must be 24" or higher off the ground. The state trooper
Measured it and everything and said to adjust the suspension and nice ride then handed my ticket.
I never understood that because what about like lambos or other exotic cars that have a very slanted nose? Ya I understand stand the 240 didn't come that way but doesn't it apply to them as well? Same thing with a "no front plate ticket" I know a lot of cars dont even come with a space to mount one..
hamizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #222
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post

And again, no evidence to back up the claims. The only thing found on google were marauders donated to the Florida Highway Patrol, but they were never supercharged.

Either post pics of actual Marauders that are in use and supercharged or don't post on the subject again.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #223
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlewByYou View Post
Houston has baller Rides. Viper, Gt500, New camaro's Fuuuuu i know where my tax dollars goin :/
Those could have been taken due to drug arrests as well. My department has a fleet of vehicles used as u/c vehicles that were all seized due to drug related busts.

Best u/c car, a van. They never expect it and when you need to grab someone, slide open the door, grab and jam out.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #224
ColdSideofthePillow

ColdSideofthePillow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Pssssht. 7 is my unlucky number.

I should have gone to jail for that too. 143mph in a 65 in NJ. I was counting the cash in my wallet for bail money. Cop said he was chasing me for about 3 miles. He gave me an unsafe lane change.

Well damn. Like a boss.
ColdSideofthePillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #225
Antkilla90

Antkilla90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cops pulled me over in my 90 s13 for license plate light that went out... Cop followed me for about a mile or so. I guess my straight pipe 3" exhaust kinda caught his attention as well
Antkilla90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #226
cj1977

cj1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamizle View Post
I never understood that because what about like lambos or other exotic cars that have a very slanted nose? Ya I understand stand the 240 didn't come that way but doesn't it apply to them as well? Same thing with a "no front plate ticket" I know a lot of cars dont even come with a space to mount one..
If the LEO needs to measure something on anyone's car he initially needs PC to pull you over. How do I know? Well I write 40-50 speed citations a week and none involve HIDs, headlight height or front license mounts. Oh I have a 240sx too, damn.http://icandy.zilvia.net/img/smilies/doh.gif
cj1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #227
cj1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSideofthePillow View Post
Well damn. Like a boss.

Yep, taking you in is more paper work
Old 10-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #228
hamizle
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj1977 View Post
If the LEO needs to measure something on anyone's car he initially needs PC to pull you over. How do I know? Well I write 40-50 speed citations a week and none involve HIDs, headlight height or front license mounts. Oh I have a 240sx too, damn.http://icandy.zilvia.net/img/smilies/doh.gif
That didn't answer anything.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #229
hamizle
Leaky Injector

Most of the time we get pulled over its NOT for speeding, its for the simple fact that we have hids or exhaust and the cop wants to check it out as I already said. And it was mentioned that the headlights have to be a certain height for a car (someone mentioned 24"), what about exotics that come lower? Are you a cop?
Old 10-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #230
humilde_s13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
humilde_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
just got a ticket for too loud of a exhaust. megan drift spec 2.5'' catback too loud?
Old 10-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #231
cj1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamizle View Post
That didn't answer anything.

You have to ask the LEO for his or her probable cause. If taken to court you can probably win.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #232
s13ka24e
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
s13ka24e is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by humilde_s13 View Post
just got a ticket for too loud of a exhaust. megan drift spec 2.5'' catback too loud?
Samething happened to me, got the same exhaust too. Took the silencer off to see how it sounded than BOOM cop pulled me over. He asked me if i was sex offender lmao and im only 19:P
Old 10-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #233
humilde_s13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
humilde_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i always drive it with no silencer, and I was thinking going isis 3'' straight pipes guess not now since they are being real dicks
Old 10-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #234
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by humilde_s13 View Post
i always drive it with no silencer, and I was thinking going isis 3'' straight pipes guess not now since they are being real dicks
No, cops are not being real dicks. Its that too many idiots like you think you can get away with a loud exhaust and a slammed car. I drive my 240 and its louder than most but cops dont care one bit about it because it is really clean and i drive like a grandma most of the time unless some prius trys to run me off the road and i have to catch up to give them the finger - true story. If i was a cop i would pull over most of 240's because most of them look like shit and the drivers drive like dicks. I have plenty of cop friends and they all tell me the same thing - dont drive like an ass and you wont have a problem.
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #235
s13ka24e
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
s13ka24e is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Haha yeah is true, some Prius drivers are dicks!
Lucky, my hatch is okay looking, just the clear coat is peeling off.
I tend to be in 5th gear on streets to keep the exhaust noise low key!
Old 10-20-2012, 12:21 AM   #236
hamizle
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantas View Post
No, cops are not being real dicks. Its that too many idiots like you think you can get away with a loud exhaust and a slammed car. I drive my 240 and its louder than most but cops dont care one bit about it because it is really clean and i drive like a grandma most of the time unless some prius trys to run me off the road and i have to catch up to give them the finger - true story. If i was a cop i would pull over most of 240's because most of them look like shit and the drivers drive like dicks. I have plenty of cop friends and they all tell me the same thing - dont drive like an ass and you wont have a problem.
I've been pulled over for no reason and actually had the cop admit to me that he was just seeing if all my info was correct and had no warrants. I was driving normal minding my own business. It's the fact that the car is lowered with mods that attracts them. Fuck cops.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #237
cbc24

cbc24 is an unknown quantity at this point
I pity all of you lol where i live i can have my car fully straight piped, as low as I want just no body panels missing. Never got pulled over yet. Its pretty hick, 3/4 of my town have straight piped pickups so lol
cbc24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #238
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
dluevanos01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
Got profiled and pulled over in this leaving a friends house with a group of cars late at night in his neighborhood, not even a block from where we left, cop pulls my car over. What sucks was I let a friend drive it while I was in his car. and when the cops pulled him over, the turbo timer was set, so they bitched at that and made him throw the keys out of the car. Sadly they struck gold as I had black top sr20, fmic and all that. Asked to pop hood and got a ref ticket.

2nd time, car was very clean and nice, no decals or loud exhaust. I was speeding around a corner, and got pulled over. and got my hood popped. Ref ticket.

RX7 I got pulled over once, blasting down a freeway on-ramp. Got let go and no thoughts of popping my hood.

When your car is clean, solid one color, matching wheels, no super loud exhaust, front license plate (I like front plates, i dont think they look bad) you won't get much trouble. If you have stupid blast pipes, decals all over your windows, mismatch wheels , crap hanging from your tow hooks etc, than you will get attention. Race still plays a big issue too.
Just curious on what happened with the ref ticket?/how'd you fix it?
Old 10-20-2012, 02:23 AM   #239
Akito86
Zilvia Junkie

Akito86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dont forget to always drive safe and not like a douche, because cops do have normal cars when not at work and would notice a douche driver, remember you, and pull you over when they see you on the clock.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #240
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Georgia cops don't seem to care but Tampa PD was fucking awful. Got 12 tickets (was pulled over more) and 4 license suspensions in a year. Not a single moving violation. Shit was weak.